Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,800)

Showing posts 235,981 - 236,000 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess from my post you could deduce the fifties. Actually the time frame I meant was more late fifties, early sixties. I could just as well mean the forties, fifties, sixties or even the seventies. They all to my point about today and probably back twenty years.
I guess you could. That is why I referred to the Greatest Generation and the Baby Boomers (to encompass these time frames). And, yes, you could've meant any generation thinking critically of the generation following it (which is what I posted yesterday).
Kenose

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Your mom and you have alot in common. You were part of generations where MOMS abandoned their responsibilities as mothers and shoved it off on someone else. You are disconnected as MANY MANY are today,and back in history,from their moms.
You can fight me til the freakin cows come home but mothers should be putting their kids first.
Hey look, more empty judgements from a megalomaniac who thinks her opinion and view of the world must be the standard for all.

You're no better than those you condemn, you pathetic scumbag.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is probably just a public relations move.
Might be. Will need to learn more about it, though.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, let's see if Trashy sASSy screams that YOU grew up in a "dysfunctional" home.
She caterwauled about foo being raised in a "dysfucntional" home, and screeched at katie, as well.
Let's see her mentally deficient logic try to dance around this one.
Who raised you, Ink? Who paid the bills? Did they have to leave the home to work? Were you on public assistance? Did anyone else ever watch you?
*I* never had anyone else watch me. My parents tag-teamed. When one was out at work, etc., the other was with us. Always. We all went to church and sang in the choir, and were always told how well-behaved we were.
Let's see Miss Trashy trash that one.
Are you really this upset because she called Foo dysfunctional?

You never get upset when Foo calls me all kinds of vile vicious things. Gosh, you're breaking my heart again.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently LNM can't comprehend that I was talking about parents who are afraid to talk to there kids about sex while allowing sexually explicit tv shows,movies and internet in their childs lives.
That is who the "they" was.
Pay attention.
Yes, I should have automatically known what you meant by "they". I mean "they" is so clear a term...what was I thinking!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. I understand exactly what you mean. This is a world where you are told you have to accept everything thrown at you. That is a very dangerous concept. These people don't have their guard up against anything. How long will it take for 'you can' to turn into 'you have to'. It isn't farfetched.
Isn't that how your religion works?

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you. It's frustrating when so many people are so free and loose with their kids that way.
However, people were saying the same thing years ago, about different things. For example, we weren't allowed to watch television during dinner, could only eat at the table, and always said grace before meals. We had friends who did none of the above, which we considered too "loose." Meanwhile, they were strict in many other ways. Does this mean they had no "standards" or "morals"? Of course not.
Everything is relative.
The times change. That's a fact.
Being "free and loose" regarding habits(i.e eating dinner at the table instead of in front of the tv..or having to say grace before meals together vs just digging in) is not comparable to morals.

Times have changed and must has been lost. Not one person can deny that there is a negative over all change regarding family life. My brother is separated for years from his wife,while raising a daughter. He KNOWS that this is all his daughter knows. It's not normal and/or desirable to say the least even if she doesn't know any better. They try to make it work but that in itself is a dysfunction and he knows it. She lives it. Going back and forth to each parents house takes its toll. She then has learned how to manipulate in order to get her way during those teenage years. THAT is not "normal" even though many are in divorced situation.

Parents are afraid of their kids. ESPECIALLY teenagers who start with the independent attitudes. Normally,teenagers go through their moments,but add dsyfunction and that kid rebels even more.

The parents are racked with typical "working mom guilt" so they tend to cower from potential confrontations,so they coddle. Not only that but MANY parents are bad examples and then they expect to teach their child morals. Kids are not stupid. Tell a kid that they are too young to have sex,while YOU are sleeping with your bf or gf,and they will laugh you out of town.

You have to live morals in order to teach them.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's scary, isn't it? Does she actually think women and kids were beaten *less* back then, just because it was hidden?
Why don't these people take the time to educate themselves??
Less? Yes.

Today,there is no boundaries. People have this "I don't care" attitude which leads them to not even feel it necessary to hide their wrong doings. THAT in itself,shows how far gone we are.

Once upon a time,kids would curse,steal,sleep with their bf/gf,etc....but they hid it. Why? Because they had guilt. Guilt then leads you to hid your dirty deeds.

Today,kids don't hide things. WHY? because they aren't feeling the guilt and because many live in such dsyfunction that they don't even acknowledge right from wrong anymore. They have become cold to the consequences/ramifications to their actions.

Working at a high school,we saw each new grade come in. Fresh new kids. Each and EVERY year,many of my co-workers and I would "see" the difference. The kids seem disconnected,worn emotionally that they almost didn't care about hiding their actions or coldness-just matter 0f fact, or would talk to us adults as if we weren't adults-no filtering of their choice of words(cursing)or topics of conversations(sex,drinking,dru gs,etc..).

Getting to talk on personal levels,while intentionally trying to find out the "so called" cause,I found many had ZERO relationships with parents,dsyfunction in their families,the feeling that mom and dad don't care UNLESS it had to do with their grades or what college they'd eventually get into,etc...

Sad.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He goes off the deep end some. I think he is really a pro choicer trying to get a rise.
No, he's one of yours. Accept it.
Kenose

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be clueless about having and raising kids if you haven't had one or better yet two or three. We aren't all versed the same in everything. Do you know every thing about everything or are you clueless about some subjects? You get offended much too easily.
Excuse me? I am not the one calling those who don't agree with your opinion, clueless.

Have a crappy day, Inkstain.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no. You wish!
He's all yours. You can keep him.
I should've expected her to pull something like that out of her backside.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Surprise surprise,another proabort who was left in daycare...and in a failed marriage.
Do you bother to read before you respond? Where did I say I was "left in daycare"? And whose "failed marriage" are you referencing? If it's my one and only marriage, my ex is recently dead and you are not allowed to spit on him.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that was a whole lot of nothing.
Here's what you said:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/afton-mn/TJ0N...
<quoted text>
You'd rather your daughter die than have an abortion, which would also kill the pregnancy. How "pro-life" of you.
I know what I said lala. I have repeated it over and over and over.

I would rather my daughter die than to have an abortion.

Killing isn't in our vocabulary. We don't kill our own children. PERIOD.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Her mother obviously didn't put her children as top priority. She wanted to do what SHE wanted...hence,the reason why lala is so disconnected with her and her own. Mom was self-centered. Was she a nice woman? Sure,but lala had to take on the role of motherhood/housewife as a young child,along with her sisters. ALL of which became teen moms. Lala being the only one to abort because she wanted to not disappoint mom or dad. EDUCATION was what was going to make them proud...because mom was all about it.
It's no wonder that she doesn't comprehend family values and what a traditional family life is about. She was denied it. Now her own was denied a traditional family with mom,dad and siblings. Dad left because the marriage crumbled.
Read about post-abortive women and their failed marriages and relationships due to their deep rooted,unresolved,unrepentant abortion guilt.
So now you jump in and start bashing her mother??

You are quite the faux-Christian. And a creep.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only imagine what else she'd want her daughter to die for.
"Pro life"???
Really???
LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Apparently you felt that you had to abort your child or your mom and dad would not love you.

You knew your sisters all had teenage pregnancies. Yet,you claim to have been naive. LOLOLOL

Anymore funny stories?

If my daughter was a teenager,she would fear me. She knows that NONE of us are above temptation. She'd know that I would love her no matter what. The only thing is that my kids know that if they were involved in immoral behavior of some sort,that I wouldn't okay it.I would offer help and guidence but NEVER buckle to pressure.

They understand God interestingly enough and his plan even if its not easy to live in a dsyfunctional world.
Kenose

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the Jews say afetus has a soul at 40 days.
I've asked where ypu're getting this idea from. Care to share?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> So, when womens go to work to earn money to feed, clothe and shelter their children, they aren't putting their's kids first? How many families do you know that can live on one adult's salary? Even your "perfect nuclear family" has to have two wage earners, in order to make ends meet. Of course, a family can always opt to be low-income and subsidize their household with government assistance. That way Mom can stay home as you believe she should. Is that okay with you? Make up your mind, hon.
It is unfortunate that some mothers have to work while their children are small. It is also unfortunate that some mothers would rather work than care for the kids they gave birth to. It is unfortunate that kids grow up in daycare and not under mom's wing. It is unfortunate that women don't bother to marry the fathers of their children or if they do, decide to divorce them because they have differences, the basis of most divorces. It's unfortunate that dads can so easily be replaced either by another boyfriend or the government.

I really respect the parents who worked through the tough times together to be able to spend enough time with the kids to have some influence over them and show them a personal closeness and love.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that not everyone shares your atheistic point of view, don't you?
Since I'm not an atheist, I wouldn't expect to share it with others. What I am is agnostic. And I believe whatever is out there is more human-related than supernatural. My atheist friends would laugh at me, but I am not convinced there is not residual energy left over after death. This does not equal an eternal life. Life is meant for living. You may get another chance, as some folk believe, but you may not. You've got this one chance to do it right. And life is too short to live by someone else's unrealistic ideals. Yet that is exactly what society has demanded from all those it determines is "different". JMO

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that some mothers have to work while their children are small. It is also unfortunate that some mothers would rather work than care for the kids they gave birth to. It is unfortunate that kids grow up in daycare and not under mom's wing. It is unfortunate that women don't bother to marry the fathers of their children or if they do, decide to divorce them because they have differences, the basis of most divorces. It's unfortunate that dads can so easily be replaced either by another boyfriend or the government.
I really respect the parents who worked through the tough times together to be able to spend enough time with the kids to have some influence over them and show them a personal closeness and love.
Wow. So you're just laying the blame for everything on the women.
Kenose

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you tend to point out your and you're to anyone who uses it incorrectly,doesn't matter if their post is articulate or not. You jump at the chance to do it,why is that?
Does it really matter? Just accept it. Feel free to call me out when I've errored. I make mistakes too. "listen" saw a misspelling of mine and pointed it out after I had corrected him on the difference between your and you're.

Perhaps you might have found some humor in that.... I did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 235,981 - 236,000 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••