Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,034
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#243223 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.
There are many Catholic Churches that are not following what the Vatican wants, usually they are very, very liberal and have slipped into cracks and the bishop isn't doing his job in reporting them, sometimes the bishop may be too busy to report because of lack of priests and staff. Or maybe that church took the kneelers out so they can truly do penance. The church hasn't changed, thedoctrine is still the same, the meaning of mass hasn't changed in two thousand years.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243224 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Considering that jesus's trial would have been comparable to OJ's for its time, the lack of any written account or mention is pretty unlikely.
As for atlantis...well, I've always had a crush on aquaman...:)
<quoted text>
Actually I think you are wrong. There would have been nothing noteworthy about the execution of Jesus. It was done all the time. Only His followers who believed He was the Son of God would even care. I don't remember reading about any other 'common criminals' of the time. Do you?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243225 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.
I think she meant that the reason for the Mass, the celebration of the Eucharist is the same as it was at the Last Supper. Minor changes have been made but the body of the Mass has been the same.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#243226 Jun 13, 2012
If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy.~ Saint Jean Vianney

There is nothing so great as the Eucharist. If God had something more precious, He would have given it to us.~ Saint Jean Vianney
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243227 Jun 13, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shock a prolife site..
http://www.aul.org/about-aul/
"About AUL
Our mission at Americans United for Life is to defend human life through vigorous legislative, judicial, and educational efforts, on both the state and national level.
Founded in 1971 as the first national pro-life organization in the United States, Americans United for Life (AUL) is a nonprofit, public-interest law and policy organization whose vision is a nation in which everyone is welcomed in life and protected in law."
Thanks for proving beyond any doubt that the only ones making this accusation is the antichoicers, so called "prolife".
You can shoot the messenger but the message is quite clear.

http://saynsumthn.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/pl...
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#243228 Jun 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can shoot the messenger but the message is quite clear.
http://saynsumthn.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/pl...
I notice you've not replied to any of my posts showing you to be entirely full of crap.

No matter how you try to deflect from the conversation, you can not back up your BS claim from yesterday that PP:

1. Has experienced sexual abuse of children within their organization
2. Has covered up sexual abuse of children within their organization.

You're pathetic. You lie to try and deflect from the continued molestation and cover ups within your church.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243229 Jun 13, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you've not replied to any of my posts showing you to be entirely full of crap.
No matter how you try to deflect from the conversation, you can not back up your BS claim from yesterday that PP:
1. Has experienced sexual abuse of children within their organization
2. Has covered up sexual abuse of children within their organization.
You're pathetic. You lie to try and deflect from the continued molestation and cover ups within your church.
I don't know what kind of a twist you are trying to put on this. I said PP doesn't report rapes and child molestation. They knowingly coverup the statutory rapes of young girls.

A history of Planned Parenthood’s illegal activity
There is no way of telling definitively how long Planned Parenthood has been protecting rapists. But here is just a sampling of the events pulled from American Life League’s archives:

Arizona In 1998, a 12-year-old girl in Glendale, Arizona, who was raped by her foster brother, had an abortion at Planned Parenthood and PP never reported the rape to authorities. Finally, when the same girl went to Planned Parenthood six months later for another abortion, PP did notify authorities and the foster brother was arrested and convicted. The girl sued Planned Parenthood for failing to report the rape the first time and a judge ruled that PP was negligent for not initially reporting the rape. Court documents report the girl reached a settlement in the case.

California In 1999, an 11-year-old girl in California went to Planned Parenthood of the Golden Gate. She told Planned Parenthood that she had been raped, but asked PP not to tell anyone, including her parents. Of course, the law is clear; regardless of the girl’s desires, when an 11-year-old is raped, there are mandatory reporting requirements. In December of 2005 Planned Parenthood of the Golden Gate featured a letter from the girl on its website. The girl wrote in praise of Planned Parenthood for helping her keep her rape secret. After American Life League exposed this letter and publicly denounced Planned Parenthood’s inaction the letter was immediately taken down.(However, the letter can still be found on the internet archive.)

Ohio In November 2004 a 16-year-old-girl was brought to a Planned Parenthood abortion facility in Cincinnati and forced to have an abortion by her father. The girl says she told the Planned Parenthood employee that her father was forcing her to have sex. Planned Parenthood did not report the abuse and the father continued to rape the girl for another year and a half. On May 9, 2007 the girl filed a lawsuit against Planned Parenthood of Southwest Ohio for refusing to report the rape. The same Planned Parenthood affiliate is also being sued for not reporting the rape of a 14-year-old girl by her soccer coach.

Connecticut A 22-year-old man was arrested this month in New London, Connecticut for raping a 14-year-old girl and getting her pregnant three times in six months. Newspaper reports say it was the girl’s mother that alerted authorities, not the abortion facility. Although newspaper accounts do not identify the abortion facility involved, Mark Crutcher of Life Dynamics in Denton, Texas told the Wednesday STOPP Report that he has a copy of the police reports and it was a Planned Parenthood abortion facility in Norwich, Connecticut.
Life Dynamics’ important work
Mark Crutcher has been at the forefront in calling attention to the outrageous activities of Planned Parenthood in protecting those who prey on our children.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243230 Jun 13, 2012
If girls showed up without head coverings, the nuns used to make them put a kleenex on their head. At what point does it become meaningless?
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when we moved to CT. We trooped into Church wearing mantillas. All other heads were uncovered. We were quite a "curiosity" during that Mass. Not sure what the parishioners thought - perhaps we were Spanish or perhaps grieving or who knows. I was not so young that I didn't feel mortified.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#243231 Jun 13, 2012
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/be...

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243232 Jun 13, 2012
Serve it on a plate with spatterings of strawberry jam, with forceps and a scalpel. Fun for all ages that have consciousness.
pbfa wrote:
Breakfast for the knuttypredator:
http://www.stupid.com/Gummy-Fetus_p_2327.html
(thanks, cpeter!)

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#243233 Jun 13, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo .com/2012/06/belief-in-god-plu mmets-millenials.php?ref=fpb

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
There is hope.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243234 Jun 13, 2012
I cant' wait for the pope to issue a tirade over a church that doesn't have kneelers. He's just petty enough to do it. if he's having a particularly panzer day, he might excommunicate them all.

Your statement is very telling: "There are many Catholic Churches that are not following what the Vatican wants..." Not what your jesus or god wants, but what the vatican wants. It's all about earthly power. I can't find a single reference to god or jesus demanding that people kneel while praying.

It would be even more pathetic if, as you suggest, they took out the kneelers to punish the congregation. What could the entire congregation have done to deserve that? It would be the epitome of pettiness.
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>There are many Catholic Churches that are not following what the Vatican wants, usually they are very, very liberal and have slipped into cracks and the bishop isn't doing his job in reporting them, sometimes the bishop may be too busy to report because of lack of priests and staff. Or maybe that church took the kneelers out so they can truly do penance. The church hasn't changed, thedoctrine is still the same, the meaning of mass hasn't changed in two thousand years.

“Who really cares?”

Since: Sep 09

Hopefully many.

#243235 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
If girls showed up without head coverings, the nuns used to make them put a kleenex on their head. At what point does it become meaningless?
<quoted text>
Right? On the flip side, men were expected to remove their hats. Never understood that either. So many oddities... There's not a religion that I've discovered yet that doesn't have something peculiar taking place. If you find one, please do share.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243236 Jun 13, 2012
There have been many accounts and lists of executions, trials, etc from the roman era. Nor was this a simple trial: You have the jewish elders making demands of the romans (which more likely would have gotten THEM imprisoned); you have a trial before pontius pilate, a verifiable person known not for his indecisiveness but for his political ambition and his relative cruelty, who would have executed a prisoner without qualm; you have this procession through the streets with him carrying his own cross, which would have been out of the question; and you have all this attention to one religious rabble-rouser when there were ALWAYS such guys running around.

It's interesxting fiction but it doesn't fit any of the facts we know about how the romans did business.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think you are wrong. There would have been nothing noteworthy about the execution of Jesus. It was done all the time. Only His followers who believed He was the Son of God would even care. I don't remember reading about any other 'common criminals' of the time. Do you?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243237 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
If girls showed up without head coverings, the nuns used to make them put a kleenex on their head. At what point does it become meaningless?
<quoted text>
What is the big deal here. It was always a custom that women covered their heads in church and men took off their hats. Men still follow the custom.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243238 Jun 13, 2012
And yet, he died from old age. So, evidently, he never understood the mass.
pupsilicious wrote:
If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy.~ Saint Jean Vianney
There is nothing so great as the Eucharist. If God had something more precious, He would have given it to us.~ Saint Jean Vianney
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243239 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
There have been many accounts and lists of executions, trials, etc from the roman era. Nor was this a simple trial: You have the jewish elders making demands of the romans (which more likely would have gotten THEM imprisoned); you have a trial before pontius pilate, a verifiable person known not for his indecisiveness but for his political ambition and his relative cruelty, who would have executed a prisoner without qualm; you have this procession through the streets with him carrying his own cross, which would have been out of the question; and you have all this attention to one religious rabble-rouser when there were ALWAYS such guys running around.
It's interesxting fiction but it doesn't fit any of the facts we know about how the romans did business.
<quoted text>
I would love to read about any Jews who were executed by the Romans. Can you name some?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243240 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I cant' wait for the pope to issue a tirade over a church that doesn't have kneelers. He's just petty enough to do it. if he's having a particularly panzer day, he might excommunicate them all.
Your statement is very telling: "There are many Catholic Churches that are not following what the Vatican wants..." Not what your jesus or god wants, but what the vatican wants. It's all about earthly power. I can't find a single reference to god or jesus demanding that people kneel while praying.
It would be even more pathetic if, as you suggest, they took out the kneelers to punish the congregation. What could the entire congregation have done to deserve that? It would be the epitome of pettiness.<quoted text>
Keep waiting. I have been in very poor churches which have only folding chairs.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243241 Jun 13, 2012
This is excellent news!
Carbon-12 wrote:
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo .com/2012/06/belief-in-god-plu mmets-millenials.php?ref=fpb
Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#243242 Jun 13, 2012
There's always that wellspring of rationality,$cientology.

I couldn't even type that with a straight face.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? On the flip side, men were expected to remove their hats. Never understood that either. So many oddities... There's not a religion that I've discovered yet that doesn't have something peculiar taking place. If you find one, please do share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 8 hr NeingOtt 1,395
In reality, does a wrestling mortuary owner mak... 9 hr ashame 1
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 11 hr GinaLover 719
First Gay Male Wedding in Soap Opera History (Apr '14) 15 hr grannyupthehill@y... 3
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 15 hr kadamson 1,191
Will and Sonny finally have sex on Days of Our ... (Feb '13) 15 hr grannyupthehill@y... 4
Tea Party Members Unhappy With Budget Deal 18 hr Who Guessed It 18
More from around the web