Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
228,921 - 228,940 of 305,175 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignored nothing. I'd have addressed the point had you made one. Ya dope ya.
<quoted text>
Who made that assertion ? You ? Certainly wasn't me. You just make stuff up as you go along don't you ? Kukdos!
<quoted text>
No they're not you wack job. Detail for me the current medical technology that would allow for the further development of a frozen embryo outside the womb ?
<quoted text>
They would if you want to change the accepted definition of fetal viability. But since the current definition of fetal viability only considers their projected ability to survive outside the womb and independent of the mother, your statement regarding their viability INSIDE the womb is ridiculously irrelevant.
<quoted text>
And they would be. Ya dope ya. They would have the ability to survive and further develop OUTSIDE the womb and independent of the mother.
<quoted text>
Simplify this.
You misconstrued my post.

I did not claim frozen embryos are viable. Given your understanding of the word "viable" in this context, you would have to extend it to frozen embryos. They are "surviving" outside the womb. And medical professionals have the technology to implant them in a womb. If that womb were artificial, wouldn't the frozen embryo meet your criteria for "viable"? Of course it would. No different than 10 weeks gestation you already agreed met your criteria, if the technology existed.

You know what the point is, and that's why you're dodging it.

Embryos are not viable, nor are fetuses at 12 weeks, etc, and an MD would tell a woman that, if she, for example. decided to have her fetus removed in hopes of using an artificial womb. It would meet your criteria for the word "viable", but it wouldn't be truely viable.

Do I have to read more of your corny insults, or are ya gonna address the point this time?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally dishonest in trying to connect Penn to the Church. There is no connection.
The coach served time for raping the girl and PP never informed the authorities. This is one of many lawsuits across the country.
You know today the catholic church wont go near Penn state.. but before the scandal. The catholic church was as much a part of Penn State as to make one wonder if the college was not in fact a catholic one.

That is not dishonest you dolt, but a real fact.

As for your other contention. By your own source it was shown that the clinic did no such thing...And the only ones contending that Planned Parenthood is abusing children is anti abortion sites.. No surprise. Just more of the dishonesty I expect from your side of the aisle.

Deal with it you little fool. As those are facts whether you like it or not make no difference.

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I comprehended what i read just fine. your collection of books just had nothing to say to me. As for the couple of Mass(ess?) that attended with a friend. it was all about what the catholic churches take on their beliefs.
Again I simply do not believe.
By the way only other church service that was even more boring was the mormons. And yes I have tried reading their books. The books are even more dry than the christian bible.
I will stay Wiccan, thank you.
The mass is not a church service. http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

When Mass is being celebrated, the sanctuary is filled with countless angels who adore the divine victim immolated on the altar.~ St. John Chrysostom
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where Doc said it was non viable in the womb ?
If you want to change the accepted defintion of fetal viability to simply it's ability to further develop and survive PERIOD....with no consideration of it's ability to survive ex-utero, then yes it WOULD be viable in the womb.....ya dope ya.
<quoted text>
Nope.....no one.
You're an imbecile.
What are ya? Rocky Balboas's brain damaged older brother?

I'm not changing anything. Simply makes no sense for an MD to stop labor because the fetus is not viable, then for you to claim he's wrong because medical technology can bring it to the point of true viability.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
use of crucifixion as execution was rare, but use of it as punishment wasn't as uncommon. Usually the prisoner was just tied to the cross for a few hours; no flaying, stabbing, etc. It was torturous but not lethal.
Of course, there is not one roman or jewish mention of such an unusual execution or trial, so it's pretty moot. Maybe he used his magic powers to make people think it all happened while he went out for he roman equivalent of a latte.
<quoted text>
That is always been my contention that with everything else that happened at the time one would think one letter (private or public), graffiti scrawled on a wall, even an equivalent to a hand bill of the time announcing a great speech on a hill.

Yet, nothing? Seems incredible that all is left is a series of books that are really copy of copies. Yet that is all we are left with to ponder just what if anything did happen. I have more proof that Atlantis was really an island off the coast of Spain.

"Lost city of Atlantis believed found off Spain"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42072469/ns/techn...

Go figure.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
STO: "I gave you a perfect example, frozen embryos. You're understanding of "viable" would have to extend to frozen embryos, as they are "viable" outside the womb, given current or future medical technology."
Doc: "No they're not you wack job. Detail for me the current medical technology that would allow for the further development of a frozen embryo outside the womb ?"
Holy shit! Did he just try to claim a frozen embryo as being " 'viable' outside the womb"?! Clearly these nuts don't have any ability to understand meanings of words in the English language (let alone [in context]), and then they create arguments from sheer insanity.
Try to comprehend, Lynne. Try harder! Try harder!

Eh...it was worth a try, wasn't it?

Ya had my quote right there and everything, and you still don't get it. Hint: STO wrote, " You're understanding of "viable" would have to extend to frozen embryos, as they are "viable" outside the womb, given current or future medical technology."

Here's another hint: See the word, "You're". That means Doc. Cuz that's who I was replying to. I know you talk about yourself in the third person, but we're not all crazy like you. Take an aspirin. I know facts make your head hurt.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

sorry about the double post..
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You know today the catholic church wont go near Penn state.. but before the scandal. The catholic church was as much a part of Penn State as to make one wonder if the college was not in fact a catholic one.
As for your other contention. By your own source it was shown that the clinic did no such thing...And the only ones contending that Planned Parenthood is abusing children is anti abortion sites.. No surprise. Just more of the dishonesty I expect from your side of the aisle.
Deal with it you little fool. As those are facts whether you like it or not make no difference.
Nothing you said is a fact.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.aul.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02...

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>The mass is not a church service. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
A ritual by any other name..
Ostara Ritual
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.....even by your woeful standards.
But I digress....
<quoted text>
Hardly. In fact I want to see every rapist behind bars and the key thrown away. This is in direct contrast to you who'd rather see rapes go unreported and the guilty swine therefore free to ply their trade on the next unsuspecting
female(s).
How are you able to live with yourself ???
Up for the challenge today?

Okay, this makes 30x...

Explain how a state sanctioned abortion, obtained with explicit permission by the state due to a specific exception, and provided for by a licensed medical professional is illegal

You made the claim. Shouldn't take that long to explain. No need for a lengthy reply. Bite the bullet and get it over with, wouldja?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there. I don't think it was the purpose of Mel Gibson to make a critically acclaimed film. His purpose was to bring reality to the final hours of Christ's life. When Pope John Paul was asked about it, he said "it is as it was". Pretty succinct.
I have never taken the Old Testament literally. Job, in my mind may just represent the faith everyone is supposed to have in God.
Although I do believe that God does test us.
On another note that can be debated. The Shroud of Turin which has some controversy as to it's authenticity, do to carbon dating does reveal, if real, that Christ suffered excruciatingly.
Last I heard the dating was done on the edges of the Shroud which were repaired after the fire.
Evening "Ink."
Well I certainly think that Gibson's film was made with a specific audience in mind--other believers, namely, other Catholics so the Pope's opinion wasn't terribly surprising to me. However I, like many others, wondered how he, unless he was a clairvoyant, could possibly have "known" how it "was." It did take me two viewings to realize that Gibson's goal was not to "tell the story" of Jesus, but to paint, in ultra-graphic fashion, the details of the suffering Jesus was to have endured. I'm not sure I'd say it was "realistic" though. The term "exorbitant" comes to mind, though I don't doubt he was aiming for a "gritty" sense of "realism." Nothing else seemed to explain to me the use of ancient languages.
Yeah I've seen the Shroud of Turin stories and while I'll admit they're interesting, I can't help but be rather skeptical about them. Of course it doesn't help that the title of the article you linked for me was a tad misleading; it seems to suggest that "all" scientists have concluded the Shroud is "real."
I find it interesting that you say you don't take the Old Testament literally but I'm guessing that you do take the New Testament at "face-value?"
If that is so why and where do you draw the distinction?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening "Ink."
Well I certainly think that Gibson's film was made with a specific audience in mind--other believers, namely, other Catholics so the Pope's opinion wasn't terribly surprising to me. However I, like many others, wondered how he, unless he was a clairvoyant, could possibly have "known" how it "was." It did take me two viewings to realize that Gibson's goal was not to "tell the story" of Jesus, but to paint, in ultra-graphic fashion, the details of the suffering Jesus was to have endured. I'm not sure I'd say it was "realistic" though. The term "exorbitant" comes to mind, though I don't doubt he was aiming for a "gritty" sense of "realism." Nothing else seemed to explain to me the use of ancient languages.
Yeah I've seen the Shroud of Turin stories and while I'll admit they're interesting, I can't help but be rather skeptical about them. Of course it doesn't help that the title of the article you linked for me was a tad misleading; it seems to suggest that "all" scientists have concluded the Shroud is "real."
I find it interesting that you say you don't take the Old Testament literally but I'm guessing that you do take the New Testament at "face-value?"
If that is so why and where do you draw the distinction?
Scientists who have examined the Shroud say that if it is real Jesus suffered enough brutality to kill most men.
As far as the Old Testament or the Torah is concerned, it was written after hundreds of years of oral retelling. I think much is true but I also believe that some circumstances were used to symbolize God's insistance on adherence to the Commandments for the Hebrew society.
The New testament is mostly about the ministry of Jesus and written probably within forty years of His death and in some cases we know the authors.
From wikipedia;
"None of the gospels mention the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 A.D. This is significant because Jesus had prophesied concerning the temple when He said "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down," (Luke 21:6, see also Matt. 24:1; Mark 13:1). This prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and burned the temple. The gold in the temple melted down between the stone walls and the Romans took the walls apart, stone by stone, to get the gold. Such an obvious fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy most likely would have been recorded as such by the gospel writers who were fond of mentioning fulfillment of prophecy if they had been written after 70 A.D. Also, if the gospels were fabrications of mythical events then anything to bolster the Messianic claims -- such as the destruction of the temple as Jesus said -- would surely have been included. But, it was not included suggesting that the gospels (at least Matthew, Mark, and Luke) were written before 70 A.D."[
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

For John K
I should have said The brutality that he received before He was executed on the cross.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Considering that jesus's trial would have been comparable to OJ's for its time, the lack of any written account or mention is pretty unlikely.

As for atlantis...well, I've always had a crush on aquaman...:)
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
That is always been my contention that with everything else that happened at the time one would think one letter (private or public), graffiti scrawled on a wall, even an equivalent to a hand bill of the time announcing a great speech on a hill.
Yet, nothing? Seems incredible that all is left is a series of books that are really copy of copies. Yet that is all we are left with to ponder just what if anything did happen. I have more proof that Atlantis was really an island off the coast of Spain.
"Lost city of Atlantis believed found off Spain"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42072469/ns/techn...
Go figure.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you want doesnt make it right.
Actually, I am not "calling it what I want". I am reiterating *law*. I don't make the law.

I didn't say it was "right", either. I merely corrected your misstatement.

You are most welcome :)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Nah...La has +6 armor (as my dweeb friends tell me) and they just have +1 blunt arrows.
<quoted text>
Indeed!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, the Church my parents now attend do not have kneelers. There is no kneeling ever... not in that one and trust me when I say, it's a full house on Saturdays. Not sure about Sundays...
As far as the reading of the Gospel - I don't remember. You know best, being a regular, but there is kneeling (prolonged) during the giving/receiving of the sacrament in many RC churches. Is there not? Iirc, there's an earlier session involving kneeling. No?
Not sure what the point is... Bibles were never supplied (bulky), but I always assumed the Priest was reading from something holy.
Please tell me you remember "Limbo"? It's where a person who wasn't good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell would end up until the final judgment. Unbaptized when to Limbo, for example. Holy Ghost became the Holy Spirit. Confessions were no longer held in closets. Lots of changes.
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.
I remember when we moved to CT. We trooped into Church wearing mantillas. All other heads were uncovered. We were quite a "curiosity" during that Mass. Not sure what the parishioners thought - perhaps we were Spanish or perhaps grieving or who knows. I was not so young that I didn't feel mortified.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Television Forum right now

Search the Television Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dance Moms Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: Abby Lee ... 31 min dmw 12
American Ninja Warrior Recap 7/28/14: Season 6 ... 48 min utrockman 1
Hardcore Pawn Stars Spotted at The Pawn Company 1 hr David Barnett 21
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 1 hr GinaLover 605
Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) 2 hr Homines Taedio 38
Two new SETI programs will listen for aliens 2 hr MMN 10
'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard and Jef Holm break up (Oct '12) 2 hr biglitte 43
•••
•••
•••