Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,214
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#243205 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nah...La has +6 armor (as my dweeb friends tell me) and they just have +1 blunt arrows.
<quoted text>
Indeed!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#243206 Jun 13, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, the Church my parents now attend do not have kneelers. There is no kneeling ever... not in that one and trust me when I say, it's a full house on Saturdays. Not sure about Sundays...
As far as the reading of the Gospel - I don't remember. You know best, being a regular, but there is kneeling (prolonged) during the giving/receiving of the sacrament in many RC churches. Is there not? Iirc, there's an earlier session involving kneeling. No?
Not sure what the point is... Bibles were never supplied (bulky), but I always assumed the Priest was reading from something holy.
Please tell me you remember "Limbo"? It's where a person who wasn't good enough for heaven, but not bad enough for hell would end up until the final judgment. Unbaptized when to Limbo, for example. Holy Ghost became the Holy Spirit. Confessions were no longer held in closets. Lots of changes.
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.

“Changing your thoughts”

Since: Sep 09

will change your world

#243207 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many changes, indeed. Which is precisely the point I was making to Nit when she stated that the church was "unchanged". She needs to learn to use qualifiers. Heck, she needs to learn how to read/write past the 2nd grade level, first.
I remember when we moved to CT. We trooped into Church wearing mantillas. All other heads were uncovered. We were quite a "curiosity" during that Mass. Not sure what the parishioners thought - perhaps we were Spanish or perhaps grieving or who knows. I was not so young that I didn't feel mortified.
pbfa

United States

#243208 Jun 13, 2012
Breakfast for the knuttypredator:
http://www.stupid.com/Gummy-Fetus_p_2327.html
(thanks, cpeter!)
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#243209 Jun 13, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try some honest here..
http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2011/11/15/...
"If the reports are correct, the initial reaction of those in charge was to follow the Catholic Church model of circling the wagons, protecting the institution from scrutiny by not notifying authorities and, therefore, allowing the abuse to continue. The cause, according to the expert opinions being bandied about, is a culture that puts protecting the corporation (in this case, the university and church) above the welfare of the individual (the victimized children)."
As for your other..
http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/4740...
"CINCINNATI — A lawsuit in which Planned Parenthood was recently found to have violated an Ohio informed consent law has been “resolved and dismissed,” according to the Alliance Defense Fund allied attorney who filed the suit. ADF-allied attorney Brian Hurley represents the parents of a girl who, at age 14, was brought to a Planned Parenthood clinic for an abortion by the 22-year-old soccer coach who impregnated her."
Thanks for proving that Planned Parenthood does not abuse children.
It's absolutely pathetic that Ink-stain wants to claim that PP covers up sexual abuse of children within their organization.

It's total BS and nothing more. What else should we expect from a fundie christard?
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#243210 Jun 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
Not one thing in your link shows PP is

1. sexually abusing children
2. covering up the sexual abuse of children within PP

you lying piece of cr@pola.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#243211 Jun 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
What a shock a prolife site..
http://www.aul.org/about-aul/
"About AUL
Our mission at Americans United for Life is to defend human life through vigorous legislative, judicial, and educational efforts, on both the state and national level.

Founded in 1971 as the first national pro-life organization in the United States, Americans United for Life (AUL) is a nonprofit, public-interest law and policy organization whose vision is a nation in which everyone is welcomed in life and protected in law."

Thanks for proving beyond any doubt that the only ones making this accusation is the antichoicers, so called "prolife".

“mama & baby”

Since: Oct 10

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#243212 Jun 13, 2012
STO wrote:
You misconstrued my post.

I did not claim frozen embryos are viable. Given your understanding of the word "viable" in this context, you would have to extend it to frozen embryos. They are "surviving" outside the womb. And medical professionals have the technology to implant them in a womb. If that womb were artificial, wouldn't the frozen embryo meet your criteria for "viable"? Of course it would. No different than 10 weeks gestation you already agreed met your criteria, if the technology existed.

You know what the point is, and that's why you're dodging it.

Embryos are not viable, nor are fetuses at 12 weeks, etc, and an MD would tell a woman that, if she, for example. decided to have her fetus removed in hopes of using an artificial womb. It would meet your criteria for the word "viable", but it wouldn't be truely viable.

Do I have to read more of your corny insults, or are ya gonna address the point this time?
You are brilliant STO!

It's funny to watch these extreme ACers squirm when you force them to face the reality of their idiotic positions. I'm glad you're exposing this for what it is. I don't have the patience for this crap anymore. When people ignore reality and factual information it doesn't make sense to me. Their nonsensical thinking will be the demise of our society if this blatantly willful ignorance continues in important matters. Used to be people understood that their religion was personal. They knew it wasn't factual and was important only to them. Even the most fervent bible bangers knew where "faith" ended and science, reality, began. There was very little "not accepting" FACTS or SCIENCE, or they were at least smart enough not to embarrass themselves. They were polite and "christian" enough to know not everyone thought as they did and they didn't demand anything from anyone else.

Unless the sane folk, like you and other PC religious and the few AC that aren't babbling fools, stand strong and shout these buffoons down, we are ALL screwed.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#243213 Jun 13, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when we moved to CT. We trooped into Church wearing mantillas. All other heads were uncovered. We were quite a "curiosity" during that Mass. Not sure what the parishioners thought - perhaps we were Spanish or perhaps grieving or who knows. I was not so young that I didn't feel mortified.
How funny. You poor things! Nothing like not fitting in to make you feel special, eh?

We always had our hats on, and, on holidays such as Easter Sunday, our white gloves and matching outfits. I remember my 7th grade English teacher mortifying me by announcing, on the very first day of school, how beautiful all the children in my family looked in our Sunday best at church, and how incredibly well-behaved all six of us were.

I wanted to dissolve, right then and there.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#243214 Jun 13, 2012
pbfa wrote:
(thanks, cpeter!)
...only if it's been run over by a car, p.

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#243215 Jun 13, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>Try to comprehend, Lynne. Try harder! Try harder!

Eh...it was worth a try, wasn't it?

Ya had my quote right there and everything, and you still don't get it. Hint: STO wrote, " You're understanding of "viable" would have to extend to frozen embryos, as they are "viable" outside the womb, given current or future medical technology."

Here's another hint: See the word, "You're". That means Doc. Cuz that's who I was replying to. I know you talk about yourself in the third person, but we're not all crazy like you. Take an aspirin. I know facts make your head hurt.
I think the teen drinking/drugs caused permenant brain damage for LilLyingLynneD.
pbfa

United States

#243216 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
...only if it's been run over by a car, p.
La, that's why it's flat! <g>

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#243217 Jun 13, 2012
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
La, that's why it's flat! <g>
{{snicker}}

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#243218 Jun 13, 2012
pbfa wrote:
(thanks, cpeter!)
breakfast? NO! NEVER! She frantically buys them and incubates them inside Cadbury cream eggs to save them from the gummy baby killers.

“mama & baby”

Pro Choice is Pro Life!

#243219 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>...only if it's been run over by a car, p.
lol.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#243220 Jun 13, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
It's absolutely pathetic that Ink-stain wants to claim that PP covers up sexual abuse of children within their organization.
It's total BS and nothing more. What else should we expect from a fundie christard?
Certainly not honesty...
pbfa

United States

#243221 Jun 13, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!
Well done, chicky!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#243222 Jun 13, 2012
Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. I'm beginning to think some printing and snail mail is in order.
Just saw this.

Yes!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#243223 Jun 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many Catholic Churches that are not following what the Vatican wants, usually they are very, very liberal and have slipped into cracks and the bishop isn't doing his job in reporting them, sometimes the bishop may be too busy to report because of lack of priests and staff. Or maybe that church took the kneelers out so they can truly do penance. The church hasn't changed, thedoctrine is still the same, the meaning of mass hasn't changed in two thousand years.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#243224 Jun 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Considering that jesus's trial would have been comparable to OJ's for its time, the lack of any written account or mention is pretty unlikely.
As for atlantis...well, I've always had a crush on aquaman...:)
<quoted text>
Actually I think you are wrong. There would have been nothing noteworthy about the execution of Jesus. It was done all the time. Only His followers who believed He was the Son of God would even care. I don't remember reading about any other 'common criminals' of the time. Do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eileen Davidson back as Ashley Abbott on 'The Y... (Feb '13) 55 min dmw 15
John Oliver Offers To Help Kansas Sell Vibrator... 1 hr Slam Session 1
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 40
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... 1 hr Sunshine 31
'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard and Jef Holm break up (Oct '12) 4 hr Yepi 62
Tennessee Has a New NBC Affiliate 13 hr no no no 18
UFO Memo Tops FBI's Most-Viewed List (Jan '14) 14 hr Kid_Tomorrow 24

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE