Pat Robertson Concludes Sikh Temple Shooting Because 'Atheists Hate God'

Aug 6, 2012 Full story: www.mediaite.com 202

On his 700 Club program Monday morning, televangelist Pat Robertson came to the conclusion that Sunday morning’s Sikh temple massacre in Oak Creek, Wisc., was ultimately because “atheists hate God.”

“What is it?” Robertson wondered aloud. “Is it satanic? Is it some spiritual thing?” Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#1 Aug 6, 2012
"Televangelist Pat Robertson on Monday reviewed the case of a shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that left at least seven dead and came to the conclusion that places of worship were being attacked because "people who are atheists, they hate God.""

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/pat...

First: Has anyone found any evidence yet that the alleged perpetrator was indeed an Athiest? The old televangelist did no explicitly say he was one, but how he came to his conclusion above is rather baffling.

Second: How can an Athiest be angry or hate an entity that they believe does not exist or have not seen any evidence for its existence? It's just another perpetration of an old myth.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#2 Aug 6, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
"Televangelist Pat Robertson on Monday reviewed the case of a shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that left at least seven dead and came to the conclusion that places of worship were being attacked because "people who are atheists, they hate God.""
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/pat...
First: Has anyone found any evidence yet that the alleged perpetrator was indeed an Athiest? The old televangelist did no explicitly say he was one, but how he came to his conclusion above is rather baffling.
Second: How can an Athiest be angry or hate an entity that they believe does not exist or have not seen any evidence for its existence? It's just another perpetration of an old myth.
There is absolutely no evidence at this time the shooter was an atheist.

I have my own suspicions why the shooter did what he did. I believe he is a home grown bigot that is intolerant to religious freedom. That hate and bigotry is the common denominator that is also among militant atheist as well as other extremist groups.

So one can safely say there is indeed a connection between this shooter and hateful, intolerant militant atheist.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Perhaps Robertson hears voices in his head and thinks God is talking to him even thought the ideas are clearly from his own fevered imagination. Remember Boobquake?

He also seemed more than a little confused during his 700 Club talk. Alzheimer's? For his sake, I hope not, but those dazed looks of momentary disorientation are hauntingly familiar from Reagan's appearances during the last year of his presidency.

At any rate, if he was ever a serious voice in American political discourse, he is no longer. He should retire from public life before he becomes a running joke.

Oops!!! Too late.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#4 Aug 6, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
Perhaps Robertson hears voices in his head and thinks God is talking to him even thought the ideas are clearly from his own fevered imagination. Remember Boobquake?
He also seemed more than a little confused during his 700 Club talk. Alzheimer's? For his sake, I hope not, but those dazed looks of momentary disorientation are hauntingly familiar from Reagan's appearances during the last year of his presidency.
At any rate, if he was ever a serious voice in American political discourse, he is no longer. He should retire from public life before he becomes a running joke.
Oops!!! Too late.
There comes a time for all of us that we need to hang up the saddle and let the younger generation take it over.

Yes, Pat Robertson has made a fool of himself again.

I don’t agree with you on much but I do agree with you on this matter. Pat needs to hang up the ole spurs and leave the cattle drive to someone else.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#5 Aug 6, 2012
The latest info indicates the shooter was somehow aligned with white supremacy.

" http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gunm... ;

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no evidence at this time the shooter was an atheist.
I have my own suspicions why the shooter did what he did. I believe he is a home grown bigot that is intolerant to religious freedom. That hate and bigotry is the common denominator that is also among militant atheist as well as other extremist groups.
So one can safely say there is indeed a connection between this shooter and hateful, intolerant militant atheist.
And yet YOU are the first poster on this thread to spout prejudicial accusations about a whole group of people. Go figure.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 6, 2012
As we learn more about Wade Michael Page, the shooter, we find that before the shootings, he had been focused on a white supremacist/skinhead band that he put together that was just in the process of releasing an album, one of the images of which is a powerfully built black man being punched by a white fist, blood spurting out of his mouth as he is knocked off of his feet. Another image shows a heavily muscled white man apparently dead beside the curb of a city street, a police care in the background. One of the songs on the album is titled "Definite Hate."

I suppose it's not surprising that music is being used for such destructive ends, but it still makes me incredibly sad because it has also been such a positive influence in my own life and in those of many of my friends.

At any rate, it is clear that atheism had no role at all in the motivations behind this monstrous act. What, besides Page himself, was? Robertson was close, though: it was an ideology centered on anger, hatred, and rage. White supremacy and organizations like the KKK and Skinheads are the ultimate enemies of the ideals that America was founded on: liberty, equality, and justice.

And those groups are largely, if not wholly Christian. So Robertson and his kind should work on cleaning the Christian house of such extremists before he obsesses over atheists.
Dumbfuckistan

Lexington, KY

#8 Aug 6, 2012
If someone wants to take a shøt at Påt Robértson's tempIe, this athe&#305;st will be glad to take the blame for it.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#9 Aug 7, 2012
Dumbfuckistan wrote:
If someone wants to take a shøt at Påt Robértson's tempIe, this athe&#305;st will be glad to take the blame for it.
Acts of violence always make people angry, and anger leads to violence. It's a vicious cycle unless people are wiling to commit themselves to peaceful lives, so please, let's not have any talk of violence in retribution for stupid, careless remarks. The police officers who killed page were doing their jobs and defending the innocent as well as themselves. That's not violence, only a sad necessity. But threats or even talk of violence are nearly as harmful as violence itself. Best to avoid it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#10 Aug 7, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence at this time the shooter was an atheist. I have my own suspicions why the shooter did what he did. I believe he is a home grown bigot that is intolerant to religious freedom.

That hate and bigotry is the common denominator that is also among militant atheist as well as other extremist groups.
So one can safely say there is indeed a connection between this shooter and hateful, intolerant militant atheist.
"There is absolutely no evidence at this time the shooter was an atheist. I have my own suspicions ... So one can safely say there is indeed a connection between this shooter and hateful, intolerant militant atheist."

You have "absolutely no evidence," just suspicions (read Christian bigotry), and you "safely" conclude your atheophobic conclusion, calling atheists hateful, intolerant and militant on that basis.

Look at you. Look at Robertson. Your religion hurts us all. It teaches hate and calls it love.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Oh Dead-Jesus-On-A-Stick…Dumbass atheists, Pat Robertson is a Spirit-filled, righteous, Christian man who receives MANY, MANY, MANY, important words of knowledge from the Lord right in front of your eyes, on the TV screen. You can receive blessings from the comfort of your couch while draped in a Snuggy with a case of Mr. Pibb. Now, I don’t know what kind of atheists “Sikhs” are but they clearly are UNSAVED TRASH, like Mormons, so this is a case of an atheist shooting other atheists (Sikhs) who do NOT accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior, who refuse to lick Our Lord’s knobby knees, and hence are operating under the guidance of Satan. I’ve said it a thousand times…worshipping the WRONG god is just as bad for the skin as rejecting God.

I am a regular viewer of Pat Robertson’s 700 Club. I am also a “Golden Pledge” since Pat takes his share of my disability check every month. I watch Reverend Pat while passed out on the couch, in a Percocet haze, after endless reruns of “McGyver” and I can assure you that Pat has attacked the Sikh religion on many occasions because of the FALSE IDOLS they worship. He even sends missionaries to India so that the little brown people can finally accept the TRUE King James God and bow down before HIS majesty. Idol worship ENRAGES the TRUE Christian God, His Son and the Pigeon.

Plus, Sikhs practice some of that hellish Yoga which is as bad as an atheist dabbling in the dark arts of science without the Holy Spirit. My Sunday school curriculum includes lessons about the evils of everything Oriental, including Sikhs and Yoga. Yoga is a religion for sex addicts. Yoga teaches its followers how to contort their bodies into demonic positions with the ultimate goal of being able to place their sexual organs into their mouths!

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#12 Aug 7, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There comes a time for all of us that we need to hang up the saddle and let the younger generation take it over.
Yes, Pat Robertson has made a fool of himself again.
I don’t agree with you on much but I do agree with you on this matter. Pat needs to hang up the ole spurs and leave the cattle drive to someone else.
Leave Pat ALONE! Pat is doing a FINE job, Mister. YOU might be ashamed of Our Lord and SAVIOR Jesus Christ but Reverend Pat is a TRUE Christian WARRIOR who is unafraid of the liberal media or exploding Muslims. Hahahahaha, you are probably some sort of FAKE Christian cultist...probably MORMON even though I thought they all died in Waco back in '93. Jesus will hold his nose when you meet Him face to face and have to explain how ashamed you are of Him...and I'll be giggling in Paradise. Glory!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#13 Aug 7, 2012
And of course Westboro had to chime in --

" http://www.topix.com/religion/atheism/2012/08... ;
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

#15 Aug 7, 2012
Since he was a 'right wing extremist',as the news posted, chances are he is a protestant christian. Although Hitler was a catholic,neo-nazis are WASP and exclude catholics. When has an atheist fired into a crowd or blew himself up in a crowd? NEVER
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

#16 Aug 7, 2012
"If you believe in judgement day I have to seriously question your judgement."

Bill Maher

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Aug 7, 2012
redneck wrote:
Since he was a 'right wing extremist',as the news posted, chances are he is a protestant christian. Although Hitler was a catholic,neo-nazis are WASP and exclude catholics. When has an atheist fired into a crowd or blew himself up in a crowd? NEVER
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy

"White supremacy was dominant in the United States before the American Civil War and for decades after Reconstruction."

Hey, those fundies were right! We did start out a christian nation! I'll be damned!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Aug 7, 2012
Fred Phelps vs. Pat Robertson, which on is the dumbest MF'er in America?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19 Aug 7, 2012
redneck wrote:
... When has an atheist fired into a crowd or blew himself up in a crowd? NEVER
I'm afraid the humor of AmericasBestChristian (ABC) & poot plasma (above) doesn't happen to appeal to me.

This may be humor in the same vein...
http://www.thelapine.ca/atheist-suicide-bombe...
British news media isn't the best and I have searched the Internet for any confirmation of this report of an 'atheist suicide bomber'.(I even mentioned it to a Swedish friend :-)

Lapine's stories aren't dated and there is no 'about us' section of the blog. Its 'articles' seem to be entirely fictitious.

Here is another report from Lapine...
http://thelapine.ca/scientists-discover-ameri...
A gene that makes N Americans superior to the rest of us.

I take it that Lapine is a poe, or humor comparable to that of ABC's?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#20 Aug 7, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Fred Phelps vs. Pat Robertson, which on is the dumbest MF'er in America?
I don't think either man is dumb--there's a difference between stupidity and delusion. It's said that to make good people do bad things, it takes religion. I'd substitute delusion for religion to make it more general and say the same thing about smart people doing stupid things. We see the same thing here. We have some very smart apologists here using their intelligence to defend ideas that are indefensible. Their emotional attachments to their delusions overwhelm their rational abilities.

That's why this whole IQ argument is apropos of nothing. It's not about who is smarter, stronger, sexier or who can come up with the cleverest insult. It's about ideas and the logic that supports them--or fails to. It's about thinking before we write and moving forward rather than endlessly repeating variants of the same posts, of making interesting, original and unique contributions. I really wish more of us would at least try to do that.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Aug 7, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think either man is dumb--there's a difference between stupidity and delusion. It's said that to make good people do bad things, it takes religion. I'd substitute delusion for religion to make it more general and say the same thing about smart people doing stupid things. We see the same thing here. We have some very smart apologists here using their intelligence to defend ideas that are indefensible. Their emotional attachments to their delusions overwhelm their rational abilities.
That's why this whole IQ argument is apropos of nothing. It's not about who is smarter, stronger, sexier or who can come up with the cleverest insult. It's about ideas and the logic that supports them--or fails to. It's about thinking before we write and moving forward rather than endlessly repeating variants of the same posts, of making interesting, original and unique contributions. I really wish more of us would at least try to do that.
Yeah, I can agree with most of that. Fred Phelps is a dumbass, imo. Pat is a money and power hungry control freak, again, imo.

The leaders are often more intelligent than the followers, but I do know a number of smart believers! Then never discuss the bible, just that they believe and that things happen for a reason. They question everything in life, except their belief in a god.

I don't think you will ever get a good honest discussion going on topix. Too many trolls and ignorant people to fight for time with. I have picked out many gems along the way! Some of you people are brilliant and I love learning new things!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 25 min truth to power 433
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 306,950
Martha Plimpton: 'I don't want to be just famous' 1 hr Mr anonomous proxy 1
Bill Cosby's Daughter Says Her Dad Is a Real-Li... 3 hr Observation 1
What Would Our Forefathers Think of America Today? (Jul '09) 3 hr Carol Fox 2
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 3 hr SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 15
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 5 hr nOgOd 1,212