Ani looks for inclusion on World Heritage List

Aug 16, 2011 Full story: Turkish Daily News 38

The ruins of Ani, the ancient Silk Road city once called the 'City of the Rich,' are expected to be included on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#1 Aug 16, 2011
I bet the tourist guides will be instructed to present her as another ROMAN masterpiece.
I doubt turks will have the courage to spell ARMENIAN.

“Are Turks Scared of Israel?”

Since: Aug 08

Boston,Mass

#2 Aug 16, 2011
WHY wrote:
I bet the tourist guides will be instructed to present her as another ROMAN masterpiece.
I doubt turks will have the courage to spell ARMENIAN.
In May 1921 the Turkish National Assembly issued a command to the commander of the Eastern Front, Kazım Karabekir(oguz's granfather), ordering that the "monuments of Ani be wiped off the face of the earth".[17] Karabekir records in his memoirs that he replied dismissively to this command,[18] but the wiping-out of all traces of Marr's excavations and building repairs suggests that the command was partially carried out.So much for Muslim progress,
Cape Verde

Burbank, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2011
Islam may not be bad by itself, but for some reason it attracts ignorant savages. Example: Turks.

These Central Asians are basically backwards and anti-civilization. It seems to be in their genes.

Not long ago, the Taliban did the same thing destroying ancient statues of Buddha. They could have used those statues to educate themselves and protect world civilization and history, instead they destroy it, as if the world is dumb like them and they will forget their cruel acts.

Turks and Azeris destroying Armenian monuments amounts to the same concept. It only proves that Turks belong where they came from, Central Asia.
Turk 187

Melbourne, Australia

#4 Aug 16, 2011
Your in the wrong forum dhead...go spin your anti muslim sentiments elsewhere...we know your true colours, you accuse the afganis of everything, then go kill 1 million civilians and steal their resources and the only thing you say is that they blew up an ancient monument...you need to slap your parents in the face for not teaching you anthing.

How about the armenians open up their archieves, put everything on the table and go to hague to sort out their dilemas and fake genocides once and for all....

Armenian cowards are paying the ultimate price for stabbing their masters in the back...and your diaspora are still barking like rabid dogs instead of actually helping armenian.
Cape Verde wrote:
Islam may not be bad by itself, but for some reason it attracts ignorant savages. Example: Turks.
These Central Asians are basically backwards and anti-civilization. It seems to be in their genes.
Not long ago, the Taliban did the same thing destroying ancient statues of Buddha. They could have used those statues to educate themselves and protect world civilization and history, instead they destroy it, as if the world is dumb like them and they will forget their cruel acts.
Turks and Azeris destroying Armenian monuments amounts to the same concept. It only proves that Turks belong where they came from, Central Asia.
Turk 187

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Aug 16, 2011
ARMENIAN...now go look at the picture of your grandfather on a noose.
WHY wrote:
I bet the tourist guides will be instructed to present her as another ROMAN masterpiece.
I doubt turks will have the courage to spell ARMENIAN.
Turk 187

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Aug 16, 2011
3 lost armos flocking to the turkish forums to spill their anger...

Its so cute to see you guys come together, but achieve NOTHING.

For every armeninan, there is 100, 000 turks, if I were you i would keep my mouth shut and try to help your nation constructively, blabbing on the turkish forums does nothing but inflame more hate to your real masters.
Yparchian wrote:
<quoted text>
In May 1921 the Turkish National Assembly issued a command to the commander of the Eastern Front, Kaz&#305;m Karabekir(oguz's granfather), ordering that the "monuments of Ani be wiped off the face of the earth".[17] Karabekir records in his memoirs that he replied dismissively to this command,[18] but the wiping-out of all traces of Marr's excavations and building repairs suggests that the command was partially carried out.So much for Muslim progress,
TRUTHlover

Romania

#7 Aug 18, 2011
WHY wrote:
I bet the tourist guides will be instructed to present her as another ROMAN masterpiece.
I doubt turks will have the courage to spell ARMENIAN.
Yes just continue speculating.... like all your claims and assertions are just speculations..... like always.

If you would be fair and correct, you would have realized that the article is from a TURKISH newspaper, where the Armenian historical background is clearly mentioned!

Furthermore if you would have read the entire article, you should be ashamed putting forward such an assertion, as it is explained what the TURKISH government has done and financed in the past and which steps are taken for the future for this historical city.

Cheers,

PS: But you shouldn't forget, it was also proven that in the area were living Turks for more than the last 1000 years, thus you can't talk anymore just about Armenian heritage!
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#8 Aug 18, 2011
TRUTHlover wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just continue speculating.... like all your claims and assertions are just speculations..... like always.
If you would be fair and correct, you would have realized that the article is from a TURKISH newspaper, where the Armenian historical background is clearly mentioned!
Furthermore if you would have read the entire article, you should be ashamed putting forward such an assertion, as it is explained what the TURKISH government has done and financed in the past and which steps are taken for the future for this historical city.
Cheers,
PS: But you shouldn't forget, it was also proven that in the area were living Turks for more than the last 1000 years, thus you can't talk anymore just about Armenian heritage!
Fk off will ya?
TRUTHlover

Romania

#9 Aug 18, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off will ya?
neeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
cheers,
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#10 Aug 18, 2011
TRUTHlover wrote:
<quoted text>
neeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
cheers,
Fk off mr nobody!
Sobran

Ankara, Turkey

#11 Aug 18, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off mr nobody!
,dont be sad,
Turk 187

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Aug 18, 2011
What a classy reply...a true sign of defeat.

You forgot our power Dander, you think your determined, just wait n see the epitome of determination.
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off mr nobody!
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#13 Aug 19, 2011
Turk 187 wrote:
What a classy reply...a true sign of defeat.
You forgot our power Dander, you think your determined, just wait n see the epitome of determination.
<quoted text>
We know you are determined to stay in COWARD DENIALISM even while hiding in Christian lands, especially your kind who claims direct lineage to shafted Ottoman.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14 Aug 19, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>We know you are determined to stay in COWARD DENIALISM even while hiding in Christian lands, especially your kind who claims direct lineage to shafted Ottoman.
we are one but we are many,
from all four corners of the world we come,
we sing with the same voice and dream the same dream,
I am, he is, we are Ottoman!
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#15 Aug 19, 2011
Simge wrote:
<quoted text>
we are one but we are many,
from all four corners of the world we come,
we sing with the same voice and dream the same dream,
I am, he is, we are Ottoman!
You look more like a ottoman KAPATMA to me.
Sobran

Ankara, Turkey

#16 Aug 19, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
You look more like a ottoman KAPATMA to me.
there is no such a thing,
TRUTHlover

Romania

#17 Aug 19, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off mr nobody!
peeeep....peeep....peeeep..... . little chicken, what is your problem?

oh i see....you have again one of your seizures ?

cheers

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 20, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
You look more like a ottoman KAPATMA to me.
That is as much class as you have, that person in the picture is Princess Grace Kelly, and she is considered the most classy woman ever, so classy that a prince came all the way from Monaco to marry her for her class and her purity and gentle kindness. I love Grace and you only wish a woman like that would pay attention to you.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Aug 20, 2011
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
You look more like a ottoman KAPATMA to me.
But I forget, your idea of class is Kim Kardashian. Sorry, I don't aspire to that kind of woman as my role-model. My role-model females are Grace Kelly and Princess Diana and Audrey Hepburn, those are REALLY beautiful women with class and brains whom I am sure you don't even begin to appreciate being so vulgar as you are.
WHY

Sydney, Australia

#20 Aug 21, 2011
Simge wrote:
<quoted text>
That is as much class as you have, that person in the picture is Princess Grace Kelly, and she is considered the most classy woman ever, so classy that a prince came all the way from Monaco to marry her for her class and her purity and gentle kindness. I love Grace and you only wish a woman like that would pay attention to you.
No matter whose photo you hide behind your CL ASS can only be rated as a KAPAMA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UNESCO World Heritage List, Benin Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Antonio missions nominated for World Herita... (Oct '13) Oct '13 until World Bank ... 1
UNESCO-listed heritage enriches culture and nature (Oct '13) Oct '13 until World Bank ... 1
Chernivtsi University nominated for UNESCO Worl... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Moammar Gadhafi dead 1
Avrasya Tunnel Project might trigger problems i... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Moammar Gadhafi dead 1
New natural wonders (Mar '11) Mar '11 UNESCO Biospheres 1
The new natural wonders of the world (Mar '11) Mar '11 UNESCO Biospheres 1
Convict sites and heritage highlighted in US (Mar '11) Mar '11 UNESCO 1

UNESCO World Heritage List, Benin Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE