Spain plans to receive 1 million of Russian tourists and open new...

Mar 21, 2011 Full story: Avia.Ru 93

Spain hopes to receive 1 million of Russian tourists this year, - declared the participants of press-conference carried out in the network of MITT-2011 exhibition.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Annie

Flitwick, UK

#82 May 13, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a starnge comment! Because I think that holidays on the Continent are more pleasurable to me, I should move there!
I will never take holidays in Britain again, just short breaks. Holidays is a time of discovery: new places, new culture, new food, different language, etc... For me, there is none of that in Britain anymore. Once I have seen the main attractions, I don't want to repeat the experience. As for a quiet holiday by the seaside, some boating maybe, Italy or South of France are miles better than Britain.
Sorry, I like Britain for other things!!
Motor circuits are everywhere, Norfolk, East Midlands, Hampshire, Yorkshire, Kent, Somerset, Northamptonshire, Shropshire, Derbyshire, Peak Distict, etc... plus Cumbria for Windermere and Coniston lakes, etc...
But this is your personal taste. Some people simply want to get away from it all and relax in some fresh air in familiar surroundings. I believe you said you were a keen hiker at some point and the UK is excellent for this. Walking abroad in the Summer is made difficult by the stifling heat & the risk of sunstroke.

Most of those motor racing locations would not be on my list for a UK holiday. East Midlands for example.

So what other things do you like Britain for? Hopefully not motor racing.
Annie

Flitwick, UK

#83 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about summer, you can visit them at any time of year. They're good places to go when it's raining.
I personally loathe such places. I think it's a question of taste. The best part of such a trip is sitting in the cafe eating from the overpriced menu and looking around the shop at the overpriced goods. I'd rather be outside in the rain. Stately homes are nice though because you can wander around the gardens.
ronan

UK

#84 May 13, 2011
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you said you were a keen hiker at some point ...

So what other things do you like Britain for? Hopefully not motor racing.
I never said that I was a keen hiker at all. That wouldn't be me at all!

Yes, motor racing and motorcycle racing are one of the things I like Britain for and why I will probably never leave this island for good. Britain is among the leaders in motor racing. Most of the world racing cars come from Britain. We also have excellent circuits, competitive championships, many talented drivers/riders, the best teams, etc...
Annie

Flitwick, UK

#85 May 13, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I was a keen hiker at all. That wouldn't be me at all!
Yes, motor racing and motorcycle racing are one of the things I like Britain for and why I will probably never leave this island for good. Britain is among the leaders in motor racing. Most of the world racing cars come from Britain. We also have excellent circuits, competitive championships, many talented drivers/riders, the best teams, etc...
ah ok I thought when you said hillclimbs in the lake district, it meant you were doing the climbing but I am now assuming it was your motor lol
Pro Ukraine

UK

#86 May 13, 2011
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally loathe such places. I think it's a question of taste. The best part of such a trip is sitting in the cafe eating from the overpriced menu and looking around the shop at the overpriced goods. I'd rather be outside in the rain. Stately homes are nice though because you can wander around the gardens.
I don't mind them, but they're not my favourite places, I'd rather see other things. When I was in Florence I didn't go to the Uffizi, it's supposed to take 3 days to see everything in there, a couple of hours is enough for me.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#87 May 13, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I was a keen hiker at all. That wouldn't be me at all!
Yes, motor racing and motorcycle racing are one of the things I like Britain for and why I will probably never leave this island for good. Britain is among the leaders in motor racing. Most of the world racing cars come from Britain. We also have excellent circuits, competitive championships, many talented drivers/riders, the best teams, etc...
Is the place you go to in the East Midlands Donnington Park? There's a Ukrainian youth camp not far from there which Ukrainians from all over the UK descend on at certain times of year. When there's a race on you can here the motorcycles quite loudly even though it's 5 or 6 miles away, it must be absolutely deafening at trackside.
ronan

UK

#88 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Is the place you go to in the East Midlands Donnington Park? There's a Ukrainian youth camp not far from there which Ukrainians from all over the UK descend on at certain times of year. When there's a race on you can here the motorcycles quite loudly even though it's 5 or 6 miles away, it must be absolutely deafening at trackside.
I was at Donington Park last Sunday in fact.
Yes, it's very loud.
Annie

Flitwick, UK

#89 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind them, but they're not my favourite places, I'd rather see other things. When I was in Florence I didn't go to the Uffizi, it's supposed to take 3 days to see everything in there, a couple of hours is enough for me.
Yes I also did a whirlwind tour of the Uffizi and the Louvre when I was 20. My beloved at that time thought we should get value for money given he had paid for the tickets. I think this is what led to my art gallery allergy. I far preferred sitting and looking down on the view of Florence from the fortress, although the statue of David was also worthy of a glance ;) Florence itself looks like an oil painting. Looking at the Ponte Vecchio at sunset, you don't need to be in a gallery to appreciate art.
Annie

Flitwick, UK

#90 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Is the place you go to in the East Midlands Donnington Park? There's a Ukrainian youth camp not far from there which Ukrainians from all over the UK descend on at certain times of year. When there's a race on you can here the motorcycles quite loudly even though it's 5 or 6 miles away, it must be absolutely deafening at trackside.
Isn't that also where they have Monsters of rock? More my cup of tea than racing.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#91 May 13, 2011
g
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I also did a whirlwind tour of the Uffizi and the Louvre when I was 20. My beloved at that time thought we should get value for money given he had paid for the tickets. I think this is what led to my art gallery allergy. I far preferred sitting and looking down on the view of Florence from the fortress, although the statue of David was also worthy of a glance ;) Florence itself looks like an oil painting. Looking at the Ponte Vecchio at sunset, you don't need to be in a gallery to appreciate art.
You can get a great view of the city if you go up the hill to the church of St Minero. It was full of Japanese tourists when I was there.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#92 May 13, 2011
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that also where they have Monsters of rock? More my cup of tea than racing.
Yes it was, but I don't think that it is any more.
ronan

UK

#93 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
g<quoted text>. It was full of Japanese tourists when I was there.
I tend to run away when I see Japanese tourists. They behave like children and are the most annoying people to visit a place like a castle, with their absolute obsession in taking pictures at all cost - often against the rules. They really spoil it for other tourists.
Kubek

Garwolin, Poland

#94 May 17, 2011
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
haha thanks.

<quoted text>
Well there are various supernatural theories about the ley line (see below).
http://longandwrong.files.wordpress.com/2011/...
But there are also various oddities such as white chalk carvings popping up, mainly white horses but also cerne abbas giant. Below is a relatively new addition which I believe is pagan in origin ;):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/images/20...
Just two short sentences and even if it was written jokingly only, for the first moment I forgot myself and thought it is a beginning of some tale and not a usual post/response.

Ah, ley lines, that would be about a fraction of the nutter agenda.
Haha, the cerne abbas giant is definitely pagan or neo-pagan in origin. The idol is usually portrayed holding artifacts in both of his hands, the other being http://tinyurl.com/44tsmey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Travel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
17 Things We Wish We'd Known Before Moving To S... Sep 5 Pink Gay 1
To and from Russia with love Aug '14 Avril 1
A country where toilet paper is rarer than part... Aug '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 2
Ukraine: Some Russian military vehicles destroyed Aug '14 VICTORY for UKRAINE 2
Mexico bids for control of its southern border Aug '14 Zanonni 2
Gulf Air adds Moscow to its network Aug '14 NITiN 2
Russian ex-police chief leads Donetsk rebels Aug '14 Putinko 38

Russia Travel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE