The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 405)

Showing posts 8,081 - 8,100 of218,691
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you being compared to a hyena is the same as that poster accusing Rose of committing incest with her own son?
Do you understand the meaning of "abusive"?
BO "I guess there really weren't any shovel ready jobs, haw haw haw"

Hilarious, wouldn't you agree?

BO's jobs' czar, Jeff Immelt of GE, with 167,000 overseas employees, more hilarity, right?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Please return to the Oval Office and stay there until you have an approved budget.
Save the DEEMING for Chicago or Hawaii, that will be your choice.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

boot BO wrote:
<quoted text>
BO "I guess there really weren't any shovel ready jobs, haw haw haw"
Hilarious, wouldn't you agree?
BO's jobs' czar, Jeff Immelt of GE, with 167,000 overseas employees, more hilarity, right?
What does this have to do with my comment?
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's just me, because I'm really weary and heading out, but have you been drinking? Read your post again.
U do U best to decipher it. Thanks. Goodnight.
we've already agreed u and I speak two different languages. I speak American English and u speak European (or Progressive) English.
that's why u don't understand so many posts here.
try this: Obama NO win.
Come On Nov.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

boot BO wrote:
<quoted text>
Low wage earners pay no federal taxes and in fact receive money from the feds, how do you propose to leave more money in their hands? Give them more free money?
Easy, quit the attack on jobs in America. For example; Reagan stopped enforcement of laws against those corporations who hire illegals. He made it clear that they could hire as many and pay them under the table, as they wanted. Reagan later gave amnesty to all the illegals flooding our labor pool and reducing wages for all who work. Second, Alan Greenspan was appointed to be head of the federal reserve bank. Recently he openly admitted his TOP priority during his whole time in that office was to put the brakes on the economy each and every time wages or benefits started to raise for workers. It was a very effective policy at keeping wages low and making sure there was not a free market for labor. Third, congress passed laws that provided tax incentives for companies to ship our jobs overseas. We are actually paying them to lay us off.

Add that up and wages and benefits have fallen, and unemployment has gone to outrageously high levels. One might believe the government statistics from the labor department about how high it is, but I looked a little closer. Instead of just buying the unemployment figure, look at how many people are available for work, and how many are working. The answer can be as high as 45% depending on how you count it. An accepted by some statisticians is about 23%. Either way, it is totally unacceptable for our government to reduce 47% of the people to a point where they can't earn enough money to pay taxes.

If Obama would just stop the GOP initiatives to kill jobs, jobs would slowly return and those whom you complain about will be working instead of suffering the indignity of welfare, or food stamps, or other "charity."
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
Please return to the Oval Office and stay there until you have an approved budget.
Save the DEEMING for Chicago or Hawaii, that will be your choice.
budgets come from the house of Reps, controlled by the GOP. They might think that anything they pass with numbers in it is a budget. Perhaps you think that as well, but it isn't true. The president can suggest a budget, but it doesn't matter when the GOP controlled house has no interest, or knowledge of a budget.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
budgets come from the house of Reps, controlled by the GOP. They might think that anything they pass with numbers in it is a budget. Perhaps you think that as well, but it isn't true. The president can suggest a budget, but it doesn't matter when the GOP controlled house has no interest, or knowledge of a budget.
"A budget resolution based on President Obama’s 2013 budget failed to get any votes in the Senate on Wednesday.

In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the president’s blueprint.

It’s the second year in a row the Senate has voted down Obama’s budget.

Obama's 2012 budget failed 97 to 0 last May after Obama himself last April said he wanted deeper deficit cuts.

The House earlier this year unanimously rejected Obama's budget."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/...

Does this jog your brain cell any? Yes, any spending legislation is required to originate in the House. But, it is also required to pass the Senate. Kind of shows you what the Senate AND House thinks of obama's version. Ask harry reidov why NO budget, that has passed the house, has even come up for an up or down vote since obama's been in office? All 3 law making bodies were demo's until 2010 and they STILL couldn't get a budget through. They were too busy cutting medicare for CURRENT seniors to (allegedly) pay for 30 million more people(young and old) to worry about a Constitutional REQUIREMENT, I guess.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

True to form, obama causes business to lose money. Just a microcosm of a national reality.

Owner complains Obama’s beer tent stop cost him $25,000

"The Bud Tent owner added that he hasn’t yet replied to a phone message from Obama’s staff asking him to respond publicly to Grassley’s tweet.

“I wouldn’t have voted for (Obama) before,” Cunningham said.“I won’t again.”

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....
Adventure Time

Venice, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

fishaholic wrote:
True to form, obama causes business to lose money. Just a microcosm of a national reality.
Owner complains Obama’s beer tent stop cost him $25,000
"The Bud Tent owner added that he hasn’t yet replied to a phone message from Obama’s staff asking him to respond publicly to Grassley’s tweet.
“I wouldn’t have voted for (Obama) before,” Cunningham said.“I won’t again.”
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....
ANyone can make stupid allegations.
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with my comment?
What do your posts have to do with reality? You're an Obama apologist.
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
paradim=paradigm
Seems like only yesterday:

The 2008 Obama campaign was all about hope and change. Obama's nomination was to mark the end of rising sea levels, his presidency was going to mark the end of racial strife, and he was going to deliver "net spending cuts" and reduce the budget deficit "by half" before the end of his first term.

Que paso ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Adventure Time wrote:
<quoted text>
ANyone can make stupid allegations.
If you are an obama supporter, then you know quite well about stupid allegations. That is a good source of them.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

boot BO wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like only yesterday:
The 2008 Obama campaign was all about hope and change. Obama's nomination was to mark the end of rising sea levels, his presidency was going to mark the end of racial strife, and he was going to deliver "net spending cuts" and reduce the budget deficit "by half" before the end of his first term.
Que paso ?
No combat troops in Iraq. Osama bin Laden dead. Depression averted. Auto industry continues to grow. Things are better. I don't say that they are perfect, just better than four years ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

So, THIS is the obama plan for reelection. They're going to count 10yr old voters.

"I am not just talking to the adults here today. I am talking to the young people here as well. All of our young people--you might not be old enough to vote. You vote at school, I know--I met several young people who are going to be voting for my husband, who are 10 and under--we accept those votes."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/0...

I guess they have all the illegals, dead people and convicts votes locked up(pardon the pun). Now, it's time to go after the "too young to vote" crowd. Nice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
No combat troops in Iraq. Osama bin Laden dead. Depression averted. Auto industry continues to grow. Things are better. I don't say that they are perfect, just better than four years ago.
obama didn't do that. Somewhere down the line, "someone" helped him somewhere along the way.

Auto industry continues to grow? Why is the taxpayer loss on the bailout up to $25B(GM only) now and not what obama claimed? Unemployment still at 8%+ for the last 4yrs.$6T added to the debt. Budget deficit $1+T each of the last 4 yrs. "Better" to you must mean something completely different than the normal person's definition.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you changed your name and posted, pretending there are more liberals than there really are?
3 minutes?
1 minute?
Pathetic, lying liberal losers are SO obvious!
Quick!
Change your name again and give yourself "brilliant, agree and interesting" icons!
He will..
Mormanchurchian Candidate

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
He will..
He did....Bringem Young.

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
we've already agreed u and I speak two different languages. I speak American English and u speak European (or Progressive) English.
that's why u don't understand so many posts here.
try this: Obama NO win.
Come On Nov.
http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106157/romney-c...

How Reporters Are Letting Romney Get Away With His Plan to Massively Cut Medicare

Jonathan Cohn
August 14, 2012

Mitt Romney may be losing the fight to win the hearts and minds of voters, at least if the polls are accurate. But he may be winning the battle to obscure his real agenda for Medicare. The proposals Romney has made so far would, with virtual certainty, require cuts to Medicare. These cuts would likely be larger, and possibly much larger, than the cuts in the Affordable Care Act—yes, the very same cuts that Romney keeps attacking Obama for enacting......Here’s how the authors of the Center on Budget Paper, Richard Kogan and Paul van de Water, explained it:

Medicare would be cut by $185 billion in 2016 and $2.0 trillion from 2014 through 2022. Achieving cuts of this size solely by reducing payments to hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers would threaten beneficiaries’ access to care. Thus, beneficiaries would almost certainly face large increases in premiums and cost-sharing charges.(Continued:)

The cuts Obamacare proposes are in provider compensation and are used to plug the doughnut-hole in prescription drug coverage, a portion will be used to cover children and non-elderly Medicaid users and to refund low income Americans for healthcare coverage.

Romney would take away the doughnut hold coverage, would end free preventive care visits for seniors,

How would Romney use this money? Would it actually be for deficit reduction, or would it be to pay for the tax cuts the wealthiest apparently "need". Hummm? I suspect the latter. I just hope we don't have to find out first hand what he has in mind.

Let's shut Mitt Romney up come November.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How Reporters Are Letting Romney Get Away With His Plan to Massively Cut Medicare
Jonathan Cohn
August 14, 2012
Mitt Romney may be losing the fight to win the hearts and minds of voters, at least if the polls are accurate. But he may be winning the battle to obscure his real agenda for Medicare. The proposals Romney has made so far would, with virtual certainty, require cuts to Medicare. These cuts would likely be larger, and possibly much larger, than the cuts in the Affordable Care Act—yes, the very same cuts that Romney keeps attacking Obama for enacting......Here’s how the authors of the Center on Budget Paper, Richard Kogan and Paul van de Water, explained it:
Medicare would be cut by $185 billion in 2016 and $2.0 trillion from 2014 through 2022. Achieving cuts of this size solely by reducing payments to hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers would threaten beneficiaries’ access to care. Thus, beneficiaries would almost certainly face large increases in premiums and cost-sharing charges.(Continued:)
The cuts Obamacare proposes are in provider compensation and are used to plug the doughnut-hole in prescription drug coverage, a portion will be used to cover children and non-elderly Medicaid users and to refund low income Americans for healthcare coverage.
Romney would take away the doughnut hold coverage, would end free preventive care visits for seniors,
How would Romney use this money? Would it actually be for deficit reduction, or would it be to pay for the tax cuts the wealthiest apparently "need". Hummm? I suspect the latter. I just hope we don't have to find out first hand what he has in mind.
Let's shut Mitt Romney up come November.
So, cutting $700B from medicare to (allegedly) pay for 30 million more(not elderly) to insure is OK if it's a liberal that's doing it. But, a GOP cut equal to or greater than that, and that doesn't affect CURRENT medicare recipients, is bad. OK, got it. Please refer to my earlier post regarding liberal math.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Erskine Bowles: Ryan budget is "sensible...honest, serious"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This was Clinton's chief of staff. Hmmmm.......Oh yeah, obama didn't listen to this guy either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,081 - 8,100 of218,691
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••