The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
2,681 - 2,700 of 246,000 Comments Last updated 1 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!

Obama2012!
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>If the government wanted to preserve for American workers, the government would start by passing mandatory E-Verify as the law of the land which would make securing the border ever so much easier, but they don't. The bill is held up in Committee by Republicans. Well, now. It looks like neither party is very interested in securing the border or preserving jobs for American workers.
What do you think the problem is?
E-Verify provides an automated link to federal databases to help employers determine employment eligibility of new hires so it does nothing to secure our borders as the potential employee is already in our country.

Securing our borders means we know who is coming in our country and who is here and what they are bringing with them

You are correct in that both parties are to blame for not securing our border. Securing our border should be a number one priority in light of 9/11. Securing our border is a constitutional duty of Washington. Fighting so called terrorists around the world means nothing if we cannot secure our border.
Romney 2012 n 2016

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
For "Gods sake" use your head. You grey boxes don't have the huevos to unload your foul mouths with your real locations showing.
As for me, I'm registered, the right people know who and where I'm at, while the greybox trolls have to guess and wonder. Capiche?
And prey tell where is YOUR city/state showing? You're such a bafoon!
Location Hidden

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
Obama2012!
Temper, temper!
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple solution for you might be to run for a public office.
Most that hold public office have no common sense, thus I would be considered ineligible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Romney 2012 n 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>And prey tell where is YOUR city/state showing? You're such a bafoon!
Temper temper, greybox.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Location Hidden wrote:
<quoted text>Temper, temper!
I guess you'll just have to try harder grey box.:-)
Romney 2012 n 2016

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Temper temper, greybox.
If I were angry I'd tell you. You don't effect me at all!

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
E-Verify provides an automated link to federal databases to help employers determine employment eligibility of new hires so it does nothing to secure our borders as the potential employee is already in our country.
Securing our borders means we know who is coming in our country and who is here and what they are bringing with them
You are correct in that both parties are to blame for not securing our border. Securing our border should be a number one priority in light of 9/11. Securing our border is a constitutional duty of Washington. Fighting so called terrorists around the world means nothing if we cannot secure our border.
JDC, the lion's share of people entering this country come to work for money. That's what they do. Eight million or so. If E-Verify were mandatory for all and fines and penalties too high to run the risk and factor that into your labor cost models, and to hedge against the odds of a "bust", far fewer would be crossing the border for a J-O-B. With fewer crossing, Border Patrol has an easier job to do and more support at the Federal level to do their jobs. Why? Because if we weren't expecting cheap labor workers arriving, we'd be expecting primarily criminals, drug mules and terrorists. Business isn't interested so much in seeing that they arrive safely. I'm convinced they'd free up BP to do the job they were hired to do. Our border would be more secure.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
SO I guess you agree that we have indeed secured the S Korea border, but not our own. Interesting that you did not address the constitutionality of the USA securing their border but not our own.
We currently have 26,000 troops in S Korea.
The US Mexico border is slightly under 2,000 miles.
You do the math.
I know, I know it's the standard 'half retard' answer, establish a DMZ between Mexico and the US - no doubt a very popular notion! Now, aren't you same rat-brain who wants a smaller Gov't with less interference?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir or Ms,
That is absolutely NOT true. There are very few people who post on these sites who do so with consideration and thought as to the content of their posts, and this young lady is one of these. If you disagree with her, then it would behoove you to tell her so and to do it in a manner which might earn you some of the attention for which you are apparently starving. Those of us who put grade school behind us appreciate well informed people who present their ideas cleanly and logically. There are several other threads you might want to check out, if you're still in the juvenile stage of your emotional development.
I agree 100%!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your oponion is not based on facts it's based on ill-informed wingnuz noise - it's a total cupout!!!!
It's based on facts and you are blind to them...IMO.... http://www.tnonline.com/2012/jun/09/president...
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know it's the standard 'half retard' answer, establish a DMZ between Mexico and the US - no doubt a very popular notion! Now, aren't you same rat-brain who wants a smaller Gov't with less interference?
I support a constitutional government which would be smaller government.

Bring our troops home from s Korea, Japan, Italy,Germany and Kuwait, secure our border with technology and manpower and we save money, thus smaller constitutional government. And I didn't even mention Afghanistan where we have 100'000 troops. Our constitution calls for a defense of our country, not the defense of other countries or policeman of the world. Yes a constitutional government is naturally smaller. But don't worry frank, your side is winning because obviously much of what we are doing I feel is unconstitutional, but Washington is doing it.
drink the hive

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

Sometimes The Light' All Shine' In On Me...

http://i42.tinypic.com/280r1jq.gif

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's fight! I'm committed to Planned Parenthood. You may not need it and even resent the cost, but I promise you, REWBA, Planned Parenthood is one of the most cost effective programs anywhere. You can't legislate sex, and teenage hormones being what they are, they're going to have it even when you think you've got the eagle eye on them 24/7. They won't tell their parents what's up, but they will go to Planned Parenthood. Good. We can prevent STD's being transmitted willy nilly and unwanted pregnancies. We can help working poor women get a PAP smear and avoid the high cost of cervical cancer and detect breast cancer early. All of those things we can treat early and at far less cost to society. There is nothing sadder than a helpless infant born to some idiot who doesn't want or love that child. The cost to society of an abused child who becomes a dysfunctional adult is huge.
At any rate, you and I will have to disagree on this one.
I'm against abortions and would hope that nobody would ever abort a child but I don't believe that a law prohibiting abortion would stop people from getting abortions because before roe v wade, abortions were illegal yet women still aborted their pregnancies.

I believe in a persons right to make choices in their private life and I also believe that people should benefit or suffer from the consequences of the choices they make. It's called personal responsibility and when society chooses to reward poor choices, that society is in fact punishing those who make good choices and encouraging more bad choices.

Children have parents and parents are responsible for their children. All this "it takes a village" crap is BS and I tell the village to kiss my a$$. I'll take care of my kids how I see fit and y'all take care of yours however you see fit. If my child makes a bad choice it is my responsibility. If your child makes a bad choice it is your responsibility. If I teach my children well, my children will grow to be responsible adults and prosper from their good choices. If I neglect my child's education, fail to provide responsible supervision and allow my child to run wild then my child will grow to be an irresponsible adult and suffer from their bad choices.

Why should I as a responsible parent who makes good choices and teaches my children well be made to pay for those irresponsible parents irresponsible decisions?

If You want to reach out and help someone, that is your right but you have no right forcing me and everyone else to fund your charity through involuntary taxation.

Planned Parenthood might be a noble cause. Who knows? But I believe in allowing those who make bad choices suffer the consequences because that is the only way for them to learn to make better choices. Rewarding them with free stuff not available to people who make good choices is only teaching them to continue on making bad choices.

Look at a pregnant teen living on the welfare of society today. That is the offspring of a teen who lived off the welfare of society yesterday and the child born to that irresponsible welfare leach today will become a welfare leach tomorrow. It's genetic. You cannot plant a poison ivy and expect to harvest juicy tomatoes from that seed. Weeds should be pulled up by their roots and burned so that they don't suck the life out of the fruitful plants around them.

It's called evolution and it is the law of nature that the inferior species become extinct making room for the superior species. Welfare programs have turned into artificial life support for a species that should be allowed to fall to the wayside and serve as an example for all to see what happens when someone chooses the wrong path.

That is my opinion and I know it is unpopular but that is how I see it. No good deed goes unpunished. The longer you live, the more you come to realize the truth in what I have just posted. Sorry if it offends you.
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
Obama2012!
He`s a one termer. Who exceeds Jimmy Carter as the worst President ever!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am not an Obama supporter and only partially support Romney and at this point I am an "anybody but Obama" person....
I knew that. I was just pulling your chain.

I really wish that your side would have nominated Jon Huntsman. He would have taken a lot of democrats from Obama and I would have been one. Romney is just too dishonest for my vote so I'll vote for Obama again. So will a lot of republicans. Romney hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm against abortions and would hope that nobody would ever abort a child but I don't believe that a law prohibiting abortion would stop people from getting abortions because before roe v wade, abortions were illegal yet women still aborted their pregnancies.
I believe in a persons right to make choices in their private life and I also believe that people should benefit or suffer from the consequences of the choices they make. It's called personal responsibility and when society chooses to reward poor choices, that society is in fact punishing those who make good choices and encouraging more bad choices.
Children have parents and parents are responsible for their children. All this "it takes a village" crap is BS and I tell the village to kiss my a$$. I'll take care of my kids how I see fit and y'all take care of yours however you see fit. If my child makes a bad choice it is my responsibility. If your child makes a bad choice it is your responsibility. If I teach my children well, my children will grow to be responsible adults and prosper from their good choices. If I neglect my child's education, fail to provide responsible supervision and allow my child to run wild then my child will grow to be an irresponsible adult and suffer from their bad choices.
Why should I as a responsible parent who makes good choices and teaches my children well be made to pay for those irresponsible parents irresponsible decisions?
If You want to reach out and help someone, that is your right but you have no right forcing me and everyone else to fund your charity through involuntary taxation.
Planned Parenthood might be a noble cause. Who knows? But I believe in allowing those who make bad choices suffer the consequences because that is the only way for them to learn to make better choices. Rewarding them with free stuff not available to people who make good choices is only teaching them to continue on making bad choices.
Look at a pregnant teen living on the welfare of society today. That is the offspring of a teen who lived off the welfare of society yesterday and the child born to that irresponsible welfare leach today will become a welfare leach tomorrow. It's genetic. You cannot plant a poison ivy and expect to harvest juicy tomatoes from that seed. Weeds should be pulled up by their roots and burned so that they don't suck the life out of the fruitful plants around them.
It's called evolution and it is the law of nature that the inferior species become extinct making room for the superior species. Welfare programs have turned into artificial life support for a species that should be allowed to fall to the wayside and serve as an example for all to see what happens when someone chooses the wrong path.
That is my opinion and I know it is unpopular but that is how I see it. No good deed goes unpunished. The longer you live, the more you come to realize the truth in what I have just posted. Sorry if it offends you.
That doesn't offend me, because it isn't the point I was making. I've got one grandchild she waited two years of no smoking to get ready to have - they agreement she and her husband made. I've got another it took her 38 years to give me. I've got one too young at 25, and one who's not interested at 36.

If you didn't get that far before your post to me, I suppose the second post sums it up better, and the link has the particulars. Planned Parenthood does not equal abortion. It provides a LOT of services, and it saves a considerable amount of taxpayer dollars. Everything that concerns you can be handled in the Medicaid system in a doc's office, but it costs us more that way. Planned Parenthood is non-profit. There's not a family clinic Medicaid provider anywhere who doesn't book a profit. That's the point - not your objection to abortion or paying for other people's lapses of judgement, bad decisions or any other that other stuff. It's an issue of more bang for the tax buck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
RTF

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that. I was just pulling your chain.
I really wish that your side would have nominated Jon Huntsman. He would have taken a lot of democrats from Obama and I would have been one. Romney is just too dishonest for my vote so I'll vote for Obama again. So will a lot of republicans. Romney hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell.
I agree!(What a relief;-) I liked Huntsman a lot. None of the Republicans did. Their loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Travel Forum right now

Search the Travel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 11 min Barbarian 3
'Apostasy' woman heads to US 1 hr Danny 3
View Press Release 6 hr John Grimbaldsun 1
Remembering The 'Philadelphia 11': Where The Fi... 6 hr Selecia Jones- JAX FL 14
eBay launches a shipping subscription program i... 6 hr Philip Cohen 2
Nimetz in Athens without concrete ideas on name... 11 hr Macedonian 9
Armenia's disappearing population (Aug '11) 13 hr aziz dostum dander 2,646
•••
•••