MANILA: China to Philippines: Quit Scarborough Shoal

Apr 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asia News Network

China has asked all Philippine vessels to leave immediately Scarborough Shoal and sent a second aircraft buzzing over the area to scare away Filipino fishermen, officials said yesterday.

Comments
1,961 - 1,980 of 15,250 Comments Last updated May 11, 2014
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Dong King Kong wrote:
<quoted text>
The Korean War? Yeah we remember. You lost. And for your info, no instrument of surrender was signed because technically, the two Korea are still at war till today because no treaty to end the war was agreed upon and signed. Please check your recollection of world history. Maybe, even the facts are hidden from you guys by your mighty government that's why you failed to comprehend what this thread is all about.
Also, Filipinos fought in Korea and for your info again, killed so many chinamen who attacked in droves and in volume. Refer to the Korean War wikipedia for details. I
The Korean War was at best a TIE, despite the fact that the U.S. had a 30 to 1 advantage in firepower. China kicked the U.S. troops from the China border back to the 38th parallel. I would call that a Chinese victory then.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Sardar wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Dalai Lama wants the rest of Tibet as well to join the Indian union. How about that ?
I'm sure it does, after all the Dollar Lama is an Indian citizen and the most hated person in China.
HwangYanDao2

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Hay. So many Wumao, so many nonsense posts, none of it supporting there claim over the Spratlys/ Scarborough.

:)
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Juran wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, you're jumping too fast. We agreed on the first two paragraphs.
Starting from the third paragraph, I don’t think China only has that map as proof. First of all, I’ve not seen that map myself and I could not use something like hearsay. Secondly, let’s assume China has that map, I personally don’t think it proves anything. I am not sure how familiar you’re with laws. We call this kind of evidence “circumstantial evidence”. Google has the map of the moon, does Google own the moon? There are 3 aspects: discovery, naming and exercise of jurisdiction. The last one is the most important factor in such claims.
No, we’ve not got any agreement on the ownership of Scarborough Shoal. You cannot reach a “temporary” verdict if two parties cannot agree on one piece of evidence. In this case, it’s probably the key piece: whether China has the jurisdiction over SCS. We’re still in the stage of sifting and validating evidence.
Then educate me. What other proof does China have other than the map? The Chinese government even said that their claims are solely based on a historical claim and mentioned only of a map. They did not show this, no one has seen it.

As for sovereignty, its not discovery, naming and jurisdiction. Where did you get that?? It's history, use/occupation and control/juridiction. Your using the moon as an example is perfect. China claiming scarborough is like China claiming the moon. He claims to have discovered it and has a history over it, used it for a multitude of uses but he never had control and jurisdiction over it. Therefore China does not have sovereignty on either Scarborough or the moon.

In our discussions have already validated that China is still trying to 'claim' the entire SCS, correct? and both China and Philippine inherent territories do not reach Scarborough.

It is therefore a proven point that without the UNCLOS and the implementation of EEZ, Scarborough is terra nulla or no man's land, if you consider it land. I'm sure you will agree.

Now let me conclude this debate between us as the ending is pretty obvious.

1. China and the Philippines both signed the UNCLOS. Both countries are bound by the rules that governs it.

2. with UNCLOS in effect, the 200nm is now applied to both China and Philippine coastline.

3. Scarborough is within Philippine 200nm EEZ and is Philippine territory now.

4. Scarborough is 500 nm away from China, so this is not Chinese territory.

5. China claims the whole SCS before the UN on 2009. This was met by immediate protests. China does not wish to elevate this issue together with other complainants to the international court, so his claim does not take effect.

6. Therefore, the Philippines owns Scarborough until someone can prove to the International Court that somebody else owns Scarborough.

"temporary verdict" -- Scarborough being part of Philippine EEZ is not 'temporary'. It is permanent, and effective upon the signing of UNCLOS. Your line of reasoning is wrong.

Let me cite an example to help you understand it better. Let's say you bought a house. Can i say that "no, you don't actually own that yet because i might think of something later and prove that i'm actually the owner of that house"

Of course not. it's ridiculous. You bought it, the law says it's your house, so it is your house unless i can show the court indisputable evidence that it is mine.

Same thing with Scarborough. It's owned by the Philippines. China should back off.

Plain and simple, clear and logical.

The arguments you posted are not correct. The reasoning is flawed. Think about it, and i hope you still keep an open mind.
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

red dragon wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha! "you thought"!! Spot the problem!!
problem is.... chinamen like you are stupid?

dingdingding!:)
Don

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Moro Islamic LF wrote:
There are so many nagotiation before. Talk, negotiation with philipinoy is important but when talk hits dead end, sink 1 boat of them, then negotiate again, if it doesn't result good sink two boats of them an so on. If possible, sink all pinoy's boats to stop pinoys violated Chinese territories .
For instance, don't do any useless negotiate too long
You are really a sick-to-the bone creature/organism! Please leave this forum if you don't have any good argument to say!!!
Zenom

Sarnia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Cev wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confused as there is a hai nan island and a nan hai island. Which one is which?
Any links to the stone map? I really would like to see it.
It's a JOKE about China's claim !

The 'Chinese map' was produced by a underpaid cartographer for KMT government of Nanking in 1947. It doesn't mean anything but a joke

Originally, it had 11 crude dashes, the 'current map' has 9 - since China & Vietnam settled the Tonkin bay, 2 dashes were erased

Hainan island is the big island right off the coast of mainland China - even so, its southernmost coast is hundreds of miles away from Spratly

The phrase carved in stone at its coast is TRUE!
It's the self-admission of the Chinese that their terrirory ENDS there!

Here Google search :
https://www.google.ca/search...

======
Zenom

red dragon

Hebei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Sardar wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Dalai Lama wants the rest of Tibet as well to join the Indian union. How about that ?
you funny man. deli liar works for CCP like you wo mao. actualy works for Tibet tourist department. His job keeep western money flowing to China from visitor. if not for free west newspaper promotion tibet province not get 5 million visitor. You wo mao get paid to make stupid things so red dragon and uncle and old china post correct to stop you lie. Ha ha ha.

free southern tibet, so tourist come!!!
Dong King Kong

Manila, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
The Korean War was at best a TIE, despite the fact that the U.S. had a 30 to 1 advantage in firepower. China kicked the U.S. troops from the China border back to the 38th parallel. I would call that a Chinese victory then.
A tie? A 30:1 advantage in firepower? Who says? Your history teacher? Come on! Wake up pal! You almost got nuked by Mac Arthur and then you're saying it's a tie? And at best? Whew! The reason why they went beyond the 38th parallel was because the good general disobeyed Truman and wanted to, once and for all, get rid of the commie North Korea. You entered the war bringing MIG jets and T34's (courtesy of your friendly neighbor then, the USSR) aside from millions of foot soldiers and then you say you're at a disadvantage? Get your facts pal! This forum ain't just about china. So stop fooling yourself and be objective!
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Moro Islamic LF wrote:
Pathetic pinoys, they badly hope China will surrender SCS by posting all nonsense in topix forum, pinoys desperately gone mad. I pity them a lot
While perhaps in the next morning, when pathetic pinoys wake up they will realize that the stealing Chinese territory mission deliberated by their puppet master is completely fail.
What kind of punishment will philipinoy get from his puppet-master for failling the mission
I can tell, pinoys master will urinate them like what americunt did in Afganistan
I don't think so. The master urinator already learned her lesson when she was kicked out of the two huge, big, fat kitchen in the western side of her baby wisdom tooth. She is real careful now and still trying to find where to put all these pawns from the middle of Okinawan Pacific side of the Marianas deep. Rotating the Carolines around the Palaus to guard it with stealthy caution will make the baby smile though.
Filmalay

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

ld china wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake. I thought that the Philippines were experts in the art of thieving. What's the point of having all that experience if we can't believe anything they say?
Several weeks ago the Chinese Hong Kong government returned more than fifty (50) endangered turtles to the Philippine government. These turtles were protected yet Chinese fishermen thieves came to Philippine territory and stole these turtles. These Chinese people are thieves and we should not believe anything they say. Anything they say are twisted and retarded. So anytime you see a Chinese in the street is a suspected thief.
red dragon

Hebei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Filmalay wrote:
<quoted text>
Several weeks ago the Chinese Hong Kong government returned more than fifty (50) endangered turtles to the Philippine government. These turtles were protected yet Chinese fishermen thieves came to Philippine territory and stole these turtles. These Chinese people are thieves and we should not believe anything they say. Anything they say are twisted and retarded. So anytime you see a Chinese in the street is a suspected thief.
Ha ha ha! "Everything in the philippines is stolen, it is just that it hasn't been picked up yet!!" Chinese returned turtles. I hear you say so some fisherman bad but Chinese government honourable! Thank you for being honest about government! Bad people in every country, China more than 15 times Philippines but all reef not poisoned and bombed!
taiwan

Bagumbayan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

taiwan government is different from china
RayH

Shenzhen, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

taiwan wrote:
taiwan government is different from china
No, Taiwan is the Republic of China.
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

red dragon wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha! "Everything in the philippines is stolen, it is just that it hasn't been picked up yet!!" Chinese returned turtles. I hear you say so some fisherman bad but Chinese government honourable! Thank you for being honest about government! Bad people in every country, China more than 15 times Philippines but all reef not poisoned and bombed!
Stolen by your 'honorable' Chinese. Wow, and you are still proud of it?

You should go kill yourself Uncle Fargo.

But what's the point of talking about all these? China is losing and Scarborough remains Philippine territory.

Don't be a sore loser chinamen.. Be a good sport.

Stop with the pointless insults as it will not change the reality of China losing to the Philippines.

You have to start accepting your DEFEAT and move on..

Move on Chinamen, move on... Nyahahaha

“CCP Troll”

Since: Nov 08

Hebei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Cev wrote:
<quoted text>
Stolen by your 'honorable' Chinese. Wow, and you are still proud of it?
You should go kill yourself Uncle Fargo.
But what's the point of talking about all these? China is losing and Scarborough remains Philippine territory.
Don't be a sore loser chinamen.. Be a good sport.
Stop with the pointless insults as it will not change the reality of China losing to the Philippines.
You have to start accepting your DEFEAT and move on..
Move on Chinamen, move on... Nyahahaha
How to spot a CCP troll.(Wo mao!)
(The sum of the parts is less than the whole!!)
A few clues.
One fake address.(Grey type, not blue. Or “Location hidden”.)
Only has blogs as reference.
Never answers questions.
Repeats the same crap month after month on different threads. Once shown to be shallow disappears for a month and resurfaces,(or just changes names).Always posts shit that has been debunked ten times before.(Lead in toys, free Tibet, baby eating and cooking live cats.)
Never addresses the thread subject, just posts crap about the poster.
Pretends to be Tibetan, Taiwanese or Indian.(Can change to a New Zealander for a post or two.)
Currently they are "Filipinos"!
Level of English varies wildly. Good one post, piss poor the next!
Forgets to change screen name or answers in a different name part way through a thread!
Quote themselves as a source!
Calls everyone else "wo mao"!

Never asks for a Free southern Tibet!
taiwan

Bagumbayan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

yeah well how come taiwan government returned the turtles and china government did not?
red dragon

Hebei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

taiwan wrote:
yeah well how come taiwan government returned the turtles and china government did not?
Are you calling cev a liar? Read his post!! Or are you just a product of your countries education system! Idiot Chinese Hong Kong government isn't the Taiwan Province government! No wonder your countrimen can't accept the Chinese,(Both ROC and PRC) claim the shoal and waters for hundreds of years!
red dragon

Hebei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Sorry Cev, Are you calling "Filmalay" a liar?
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>
How to spot a CCP troll.(Wo mao!)
(The sum of the parts is less than the whole!!)
A few clues.
One fake address.(Grey type, not blue. Or “Location hidden”.)
Only has blogs as reference.
Never answers questions.
Repeats the same crap month after month on different threads. Once shown to be shallow disappears for a month and resurfaces,(or just changes names).Always posts shit that has been debunked ten times before.(Lead in toys, free Tibet, baby eating and cooking live cats.)
Never addresses the thread subject, just posts crap about the poster.
Pretends to be Tibetan, Taiwanese or Indian.(Can change to a New Zealander for a post or two.)
Currently they are "Filipinos"!
Level of English varies wildly. Good one post, piss poor the next!
Forgets to change screen name or answers in a different name part way through a thread!
Quote themselves as a source!
Calls everyone else "wo mao"!
Never asks for a Free southern Tibet!
So many words. I'll keep it simple:

How to spot CCP trolls:

1. Look for Uncle Fargo, Red Dragon, Moro Islamic LF, and other who post insults and out of topic statements.

2. Read the posts and find them admitting that they are Trolls or Wumaos.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Travel Forum right now

Search the Travel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Savoy 3 Killtop 245,492
Ethiopia to finalize Sustainable Tourism Master... 8 min Ofeyong 2
California governor sets more talks on migrants 34 min Obama Ass Lickers 1
Jerry Brown Travels to Mexico to Talk Business 41 min Obama Ass Lickers 1
Travel: Canada's big skies, big fish and a wild... 1 hr leave it to beaver 1
Cuba, Our Mysterious Neighbor: Part II 3 hr El Cid 3
Remembering The 'Philadelphia 11': Where The Fi... 4 hr RevKen 9
•••
•••