36 Hours in Kiev, Ukraine

Jun 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FiveThirtyEight

AFTER seven decades of Soviet dominance, Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, has emerged as one of Europe's most vibrant 21st-century cities.

Comments
21 - 40 of 472 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2012
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Oh my, another name for the creep using Satellite Provider. Talk about needing oxygen. They still think they are folling anyone.
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ObserverTM wrote:
Kyiv is a very pleasant city. I especially like the Botanical Gardens (reminds me of parts of NYC Central Park) and the downtown is developing nicely. That said, it's no further along than a dozen other post Soviet cities, ergo: the headline of this article is pure political propaganda (or 'spin' if you prefer), as the lead-ins "after decades of...." and "most vibrant") clearly reveal.
Americans should learn to read between the lines, as any old Soviet citizen learned to do decades ago.
So if you're not an ex Soviet yourself, then how did you come to that conclusion?
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 23, 2012
 
Pro: I suggested that awhile back since they used the "Satellite Provider" ISP. She had a hissy fit then. Stand by for another aimed at you.
separator

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Warrior Poet UGX wrote:
Oh my, another name for the creep using Satellite Provider. Talk about needing oxygen. They still think they are folling anyone.
looking like, you and Pro are surrounded by enemies)))
whole world against you)
ObserverTM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>You read Pravda? That explains a lot, the clues in the title, anything which calls itself "The Truth" is quite clearly a pack of lies, no wonder you have the mind of a brainwashed Soviet.
Idiot, anyone studying Russian and History at university in the US read Pravda from time to time, if for no reason than to understand the concept of 'reading beween the lines.' Good God!

You are, pouk, beyond all and any doubts, THE #1 dimwit of this forum. Every time you post your idiocies with that nick of yours, the entire population of Ukraine wants to hide under the covers from embarrassment.
ObserverTM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Warrior Poet UGX wrote:
Pro: I suggested that awhile back since they used the "Satellite Provider" ISP. She had a hissy fit then. Stand by for another aimed at you.
You sir, are excused from the #1 post - due to senility if nothing else.
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 23, 2012
 
Must have struck a nerve; she attacked full cry. Insanity at the very least. I really don't want to play this game any more. You are so crazy it might be catching.
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 23, 2012
 
What every happened to the idea of commenting on the topic of this thread. The city of Kiev-- a great place to visit or live. Let's get away from all the stupid insults.
Pro Ukraine

Portsmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 23, 2012
 
ObserverTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, anyone studying Russian and History at university in the US read Pravda from time to time, if for no reason than to understand the concept of 'reading beween the lines.' Good God!
You are, pouk, beyond all and any doubts, THE #1 dimwit of this forum. Every time you post your idiocies with that nick of yours, the entire population of Ukraine wants to hide under the covers from embarrassment.
You obviously absorbed a great deal of what was written in it, otherwise how else do you explain your anti-American Russia can do no wrong, bs. You a are brainwashed Soviet imbecile.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Kiev is one big hole. Ukrainkas are peasants & life goes on.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ukrainian priests and rabbii are molesting little boys while pukey prefers imams to go deep in him.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 23, 2012
 
Warrior Poet UGX wrote:
What every happened to the idea of commenting on the topic of this thread. The city of Kiev-- a great place to visit or live. Let's get away from all the stupid insults.
I have not spent time in Kiev to comment so I must abstain, although I have been to several other places there and have mixed feeling about them. Some good, some bad. Some might take offense to my views on that subject but I could explain if other wish to hear what I have to say about it.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

swg,

just hit it, but the truth, nothing but..

Have you seen many Soviet rabbit dwellings there ?
separator

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 23, 2012
 
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
Some might take offense to my views on that subject but I could explain if other wish to hear what I have to say about it.
yes, why not? explain, please.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Stairway to heaven for Ukrainkas ?
If all those dives are closed, we all be better off.
Pro Ukraine

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jun 23, 2012
 
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not spent time in Kiev to comment so I must abstain, although I have been to several other places there and have mixed feeling about them. Some good, some bad. Some might take offense to my views on that subject but I could explain if other wish to hear what I have to say about it.
Swag bag, keep your views to yourself, otherwise you'll end up sounding as stupid as Pissy and Cod Face.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jun 23, 2012
 
Ukra you stupid peasant. Go shove bull balls to your smelly butt.
separator

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Swag bag, keep your views to yourself, otherwise you'll end up sounding as stupid as Pissy and Cod Face.
nest private enemy? dear PRO, so u dont sympatyse americans too?)
slovaks, americans, poles, how much bad boys u have))
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pukebooby has a whole stable of boys in his shack near London.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Puke-booby is an outpatient from UK mental hospital.
Therefore, he has no idea what he writes here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••