Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,194
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384738 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Hebrews 10:39, "But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the FAITHFUL ones, whose souls will be SAVED.
Faith........saves souls.
Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus + NOTHING +
Many people are quick to profess repentance, but do remain true to the Lord; how faithful to the Lord are we?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#384739 Sep 1, 2012
Free Mind 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bronze Age and early Iron Age belief, the earth began about the same time the world's first great cities were built -- about 6000 years ago.
http://www.learnersonline.com/weekly/archive2...
It is amazing how much information is coming to light.
The common denominator of the great cities?(1) Beer, and (2) Religion.
Interesting that too much of either still makes people stupid.
We can never run out of religion, but when we run out of beer, religion is the last thing on our minds.(BUUURPP!)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#384740 Sep 1, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Turning to communion, the Roman Catholic Church makes it clear that they take John 6:54 literally when Jesus says, "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." The problem is that their belief that Jesus is speaking literally here is not in keeping with the context of the passage in which Jesus repeatedly states the importance of faith in Him and His coming atoning death for their sins (see John 6:29,35,40,47 and consider the whole message of the gospel of John, as stated in John 20:31).
When one examines the remaining sacraments, one finds that the belief that they convey "sanctifying grace" is not in keeping with the context of the rest of the Bible. Yes, all Christians should be baptized, but baptism does not infuse us with grace. Yes, all Christians should partake of the Lord’s Supper, but doing so does not confer sanctifying grace. Yes, we should confess our sins, not to a priest, but rather to God (1 John 1:9). Having a formal training program and formal acceptance into the church is a good thing to do, but it does not convey saving grace. Being approved as a church leader is an honorable thing, but it does not result in grace. Marriage is a wonderful and blessed event in the life of a couple, but it is not the means of how God graces us. Praying for and with a person who is dying is a godly thing to do – but it does not add grace to our account.
All the grace we will ever need is received the moment we trust Jesus, by faith, as Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9). The saving grace that is granted at the moment of genuine faith is the only saving grace God’s Word calls on us to receive. This grace is received by faith, not by observing rituals. So, while the seven sacraments are “good things to do,” when they are understood in a biblical context, the concept of the seven sacraments as “conferring sanctifying grace” is completely unbiblical.
I still don't understand why you all believe people are automatically saved at the point of conversion? People, via free will, can reject God later in life. It happens before our eyes every day.
To say "they never really had it to begin with"
Well, that's just plain stupid.

Also, how can you use the bible to establish certain dogma, when the Church came before the bible?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384741 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to think you just acted stupid. Now I am convinced you are an ignorant moron with the IQ of a ground squirrel. Can you NOT read. PROPAGANDA AND DECEPTION TOWARDS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adrian quotes the B.I.B.L.E. Adrian passed away back in 2005 but he never spoke of the Roman Catholic church and could care less about the perverts like yourself who co-operate with the priests as they rape little boys.
Finally, you never told us why Jesus Christ was born. Do you know?
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers lwf.org
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
EVERLASTING LIFE IS "NOT" SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU DIE. EVERLASTING LIFE IS SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU RECEIVE JESUS.
7. JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a liar from the pit of hell. You are the FALSE teacher. Let me ask, if I am IN CHRIST how can I fall out of Christ. If I am in Him the only way I could lose my salvation is if He could lose His.
If you don't have the assurance of your salvation perhaps you are not saved at all. Examine yourself.
Such anger....so becoming of a so-called Christian....

"For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father."

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Still want to follow the false teachings of Adrian Rogers....
marge

Ames, IA

#384742 Sep 1, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you backslide and lose your salvation???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!
Hello Hank, 4gvn and oldjg are right and you are wrong. Blessings!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384743 Sep 1, 2012
"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#384744 Sep 1, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTELY!!!
What about the billions who were born into a different belief other than christianity? Taught that their way is only right through their family hand me down traditions, and God is on their side.

Do you honestly believe any FAIR God would condemn someone because they didn't find Jesus?

Clay

Chicago, IL

#384745 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to think you just acted stupid. Now I am convinced you are an ignorant moron with the IQ of a ground squirrel. Can you NOT read. PROPAGANDA AND DECEPTION TOWARDS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adrian quotes the B.I.B.L.E. Adrian passed away back in 2005 but he never spoke of the Roman Catholic church and could care less about the perverts like yourself who co-operate with the priests as they rape little boys.
Finally, you never told us why Jesus Christ was born. Do you know?
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers lwf.org
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
EVERLASTING LIFE IS "NOT" SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU DIE. EVERLASTING LIFE IS SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU RECEIVE JESUS.
7. JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a liar from the pit of hell. You are the FALSE teacher. Let me ask, if I am IN CHRIST how can I fall out of Christ. If I am in Him the only way I could lose my salvation is if He could lose His.
If you don't have the assurance of your salvation perhaps you are not saved at all. Examine yourself.
With a theology like yours, how could you dare call
The Catholic Church arrogant??
When you became 'eternally saved', did God take away your free will? Are you able to reject Jesus?

Face it, prophet Old G, faith alone makes no sense and that's why it was never taught.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384746 Sep 1, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Hebrews 10:39, "But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the FAITHFUL ones, whose souls will be SAVED.
Faith........saves souls.
Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus + NOTHING +
Solomon,the wisest man in history, who had direct revelations from God himself, let people turn his heart away from God!

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#384747 Sep 1, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand why you all believe people are automatically saved at the point of conversion? People, via free will, can reject God later in life. It happens before our eyes every day.
To say "they never really had it to begin with"
Well, that's just plain stupid.
Also, how can you use the bible to establish certain dogma, when the Church came before the bible?
Hey Clay, didn't want to leave you out, you are wrong too. Blessings!
marge

Ames, IA

#384748 Sep 1, 2012
I'm doing salsa today the peppers seem extra hot this year, must be the dry hot weather.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384749 Sep 1, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Hank, 4gvn and oldjg are right and you are wrong. Blessings!
Hello Marge,

And just because you say so, it is supposed to be true???

lol.....lol....lol...

Are you a follower of Adrian, too?

“Beware—wolves, false prophets within the church, have disguised themselves in sheep’s clothing.”

Now when Jesus says beware, we ought to beware.

These wolves are both dangerous and deceptive.

We cannot be wise and not beware, Marge.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384750 Sep 1, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clay, didn't want to leave you out, you are wrong too. Blessings!
And, all of us are supposed to believe that you are right???

lol.....lol.....lol..........
Clay

Chicago, IL

#384751 Sep 1, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The answer to your questions lies in what Jesus said was the requirement for eternal life with Him, in heaven. What is the requirement, Clay?
Jesus assures us what the requirement is.
Jesus (being Jesus) would also insist that we know who He is so we can make a choice.
Remember, God IS LOVE. Do you know what love is? Well, its not creating a beautiful indigenous child with the sole purpose of sending him to hell because it was not possible for the child to hear about Jesus Christ!!!!!
Free Mind 1

Orlando, FL

#384752 Sep 1, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-194514...

"The Church is tired... our prayer rooms are empty."

"Pompous..."

Thank the Force for Reformation America.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384753 Sep 1, 2012
marge wrote:
I'm doing salsa today the peppers seem extra hot this year, must be the dry hot weather.
I love salsa and chips....

Send me some....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384754 Sep 1, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the billions who were born into a different belief other than christianity? Taught that their way is only right through their family hand me down traditions, and God is on their side.
Do you honestly believe any FAIR God would condemn someone because they didn't find Jesus?
Hi Michael,

The answer to your question is right in God's Word...
Free Mind 1

Orlando, FL

#384755 Sep 1, 2012
TWO WORDS --- Reformation America.

Reformation America, love it or leave it.

There are other parts of the America's that were not born of the hated Reformation, but instead of "superior" Roman Catholic ideals.

Why suffer inferior Reformation ideals -- when you can walk your talk and go to any number of countries with rich Romanist traditions?

Long live Truth ... Justice ... America
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#384756 Sep 1, 2012
sorry on the double posts....
marge

Ames, IA

#384757 Sep 1, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTELY!!!
You really said two different things here, losing your salvation compared to going backwards in your spiritual life, many have backslidden as you said but you can't have it both ways.

You really don't know for sure do you Hank?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Ghost Writer 2 U 744,343
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 min Johnny 2,891
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 260,260
ANKASTRE & SOLO - Siemens | 299 15 34 | Servis ... 44 min garenta 1
Siemens Ev Aletleri Servis (DEMIRCIKÖY 202 80 ... 1 hr garenta 1
Siemens Servis ULUS 2.Ulus &#8730; O2I2- 299 15... 1 hr garenta 1
SIEMENS SERVIS Sariyer "( 299 l5 34 - 202 80 0I... 1 hr garenta 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 601,447
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Thinking 228,611
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Roberta G 174,213