Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
370,301 - 370,320 of 533,044 Comments Last updated 50 min ago
Free Mind 1

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384730
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Oops, sorry.....

TWO WORDS --- Reformation America.

Reformation America, love it or leave it.

There are other parts of the America's that were not born of the hated Reformation, but instead of "superior" Roman Catholic ideals.

Why suffer inferior Reformation ideals -- when you can walk your talk and go to any number of countries with rich Romanist traditions?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384731
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Turning to communion, the Roman Catholic Church makes it clear that they take John 6:54 literally when Jesus says, "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." The problem is that their belief that Jesus is speaking literally here is not in keeping with the context of the passage in which Jesus repeatedly states the importance of faith in Him and His coming atoning death for their sins (see John 6:29,35,40,47 and consider the whole message of the gospel of John, as stated in John 20:31).

When one examines the remaining sacraments, one finds that the belief that they convey "sanctifying grace" is not in keeping with the context of the rest of the Bible. Yes, all Christians should be baptized, but baptism does not infuse us with grace. Yes, all Christians should partake of the Lord’s Supper, but doing so does not confer sanctifying grace. Yes, we should confess our sins, not to a priest, but rather to God (1 John 1:9). Having a formal training program and formal acceptance into the church is a good thing to do, but it does not convey saving grace. Being approved as a church leader is an honorable thing, but it does not result in grace. Marriage is a wonderful and blessed event in the life of a couple, but it is not the means of how God graces us. Praying for and with a person who is dying is a godly thing to do – but it does not add grace to our account.

All the grace we will ever need is received the moment we trust Jesus, by faith, as Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9). The saving grace that is granted at the moment of genuine faith is the only saving grace God’s Word calls on us to receive. This grace is received by faith, not by observing rituals. So, while the seven sacraments are “good things to do,” when they are understood in a biblical context, the concept of the seven sacraments as “conferring sanctifying grace” is completely unbiblical.
Free Mind 1

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384732
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, as usual Michael, which is no surprise to ANY of us Catholics on this forum. The Protestant contradicting, conflicting and "self-opinionated) "hodge-podge" of denominations, that have (absolutely NO BASIS of biblical or historical truth to back it up) has grown from 41,780 to 41,870 --(up by 90) is just 3 days. BIBLE ONLY Protestants rely TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY on condemning, judging, and attacking over 2000 years of the TRUTH, of Jesus Christ--and HIS Historically and Biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic, in order to keep there Protestant followers "hooked, manipulated and duped" on their half-truth, half-heresy, Christianity. The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible (by the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393, and 397 AD, has, is and will "always" continue to be the One True Catholic Church, that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, initiated, established and formed, beginning with the 1st Church of Antioch (Acts 2). You Protestants can "belief what you want"! WE AS CATHOLICS, know, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that the TRUTH will "ALWAYS" be in Our Lords One (and ONLY) True Catholic Church (the bride of Christ)
TWO WORDS --- Reformation America.

Reformation America, love it or leave it.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384733
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

OldJG wrote:
The differences between the Rapture and Second Coming.
1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17).
At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).
2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19).
The rapture occurs before the tribulation
sniped for space
2The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.
And where does all this play in since you have them already judged and cast into hell before the thousand years ?

Revelation 20
King James 2000 Bible

The Dragon Bound in Bottomless Pit for 1000 Years

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the

bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the Devil, and

Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal

upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand

years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little

while.

The Saints Reign with Christ a Thousand Years

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto

them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of

Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast,

neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or

in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were

finished. This is the first resurrection.

6Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such

the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of

Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Satan Cast into the Eternal Lake of Fire

7And when the thousand years are ended, Satan shall be loosed out of his

prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of

the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of

whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and encircled the camp of

the saints, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of

heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and

brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be

tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Great White Throne Judgment

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face

the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books

were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and

the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,

according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it; and death and hades

delivered up the dead who were in them: and they were judged every man

according to their works.

14And death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second

death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into

the lake of fire.

death.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384734
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
Good morning, AND HAPPY SABBATH to all!:)
Happy Sabbath to you to JAC and everyone.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384735
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Can a Christian become an un-Christian? Can one who has been born from on high undo that 'new birth'? Can a human being, created by God, overpower God the Holy Spirit to break the seal of the Holy Spirit who tells us that we are sealed until the 'Day of Redemption?
The obvious answer to all of these question is NO! It is not possible.
So the question becomes, Why do you not believe God's word?
TRUTH? Hardly. What a mis-nomer.
YOU are a false teacher.
When you know and understand God's word, is when you become a mature Christian...

We are created in God’s image, a trinity…body, soul, and spirit.

When Adam sinned, it says he died that day, even though he lived another 900 plus years physically…he died that day, spiritually.

Totally SEPARATED from God....

God doesn’t put all the fruit of His TRUTH on the bottom limbs of the tree.

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384736
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OldJG wrote:
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, OldJG, you can lose your salvation....
Hebrews 10:38-39
38 And,
“But my righteous one will live by faith.
And I take no pleasure
in the one who shrinks back.”
39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.
The Book of Hebrews is written to Jewish Christians urging them not to leave their faith and return to Judaism, warning them to do so will result in destruction.
*****
Don't put all your money on Adrian Rogers, as he IS a false teacher....
<quoted text>
Amen!
It is SAD when you follow Adrian Rogers (words of a man) instead of the Words of God!

When you know and understand God's word, is when you become a mature Christian...

We are created in God’s image, a trinity…body, soul, and spirit.

When Adam sinned, it says he died that day, even though he lived another 900 plus years physically…he died that day, spiritually.

Totally SEPARATED from God....

God doesn’t put all the fruit of His TRUTH on the bottom limbs of the tree.

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384737
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OldJG wrote:
Hebrews 10:39, "But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the FAITHFUL ones, whose souls will be SAVED.
Faith........saves souls.
Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus + NOTHING +
Can you backslide and lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384738
Sep 1, 2012
 
OldJG wrote:
Hebrews 10:39, "But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the FAITHFUL ones, whose souls will be SAVED.
Faith........saves souls.
Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus + NOTHING +
Many people are quick to profess repentance, but do remain true to the Lord; how faithful to the Lord are we?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384739
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Free Mind 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bronze Age and early Iron Age belief, the earth began about the same time the world's first great cities were built -- about 6000 years ago.
http://www.learnersonline.com/weekly/archive2...
It is amazing how much information is coming to light.
The common denominator of the great cities?(1) Beer, and (2) Religion.
Interesting that too much of either still makes people stupid.
We can never run out of religion, but when we run out of beer, religion is the last thing on our minds.(BUUURPP!)
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384740
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

4GVN wrote:
Turning to communion, the Roman Catholic Church makes it clear that they take John 6:54 literally when Jesus says, "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." The problem is that their belief that Jesus is speaking literally here is not in keeping with the context of the passage in which Jesus repeatedly states the importance of faith in Him and His coming atoning death for their sins (see John 6:29,35,40,47 and consider the whole message of the gospel of John, as stated in John 20:31).
When one examines the remaining sacraments, one finds that the belief that they convey "sanctifying grace" is not in keeping with the context of the rest of the Bible. Yes, all Christians should be baptized, but baptism does not infuse us with grace. Yes, all Christians should partake of the Lord’s Supper, but doing so does not confer sanctifying grace. Yes, we should confess our sins, not to a priest, but rather to God (1 John 1:9). Having a formal training program and formal acceptance into the church is a good thing to do, but it does not convey saving grace. Being approved as a church leader is an honorable thing, but it does not result in grace. Marriage is a wonderful and blessed event in the life of a couple, but it is not the means of how God graces us. Praying for and with a person who is dying is a godly thing to do – but it does not add grace to our account.
All the grace we will ever need is received the moment we trust Jesus, by faith, as Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9). The saving grace that is granted at the moment of genuine faith is the only saving grace God’s Word calls on us to receive. This grace is received by faith, not by observing rituals. So, while the seven sacraments are “good things to do,” when they are understood in a biblical context, the concept of the seven sacraments as “conferring sanctifying grace” is completely unbiblical.
I still don't understand why you all believe people are automatically saved at the point of conversion? People, via free will, can reject God later in life. It happens before our eyes every day.
To say "they never really had it to begin with"
Well, that's just plain stupid.

Also, how can you use the bible to establish certain dogma, when the Church came before the bible?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384741
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to think you just acted stupid. Now I am convinced you are an ignorant moron with the IQ of a ground squirrel. Can you NOT read. PROPAGANDA AND DECEPTION TOWARDS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adrian quotes the B.I.B.L.E. Adrian passed away back in 2005 but he never spoke of the Roman Catholic church and could care less about the perverts like yourself who co-operate with the priests as they rape little boys.
Finally, you never told us why Jesus Christ was born. Do you know?
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers lwf.org
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
EVERLASTING LIFE IS "NOT" SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU DIE. EVERLASTING LIFE IS SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU RECEIVE JESUS.
7. JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a liar from the pit of hell. You are the FALSE teacher. Let me ask, if I am IN CHRIST how can I fall out of Christ. If I am in Him the only way I could lose my salvation is if He could lose His.
If you don't have the assurance of your salvation perhaps you are not saved at all. Examine yourself.
Such anger....so becoming of a so-called Christian....

"For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father."

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Still want to follow the false teachings of Adrian Rogers....
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384742
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you backslide and lose your salvation???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!
Hello Hank, 4gvn and oldjg are right and you are wrong. Blessings!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384743
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384744
Sep 1, 2012
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you backslide and lose your salvation???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
To backslide is to go backwards in your spiritual life!
What about the billions who were born into a different belief other than christianity? Taught that their way is only right through their family hand me down traditions, and God is on their side.

Do you honestly believe any FAIR God would condemn someone because they didn't find Jesus?





Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384745
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to think you just acted stupid. Now I am convinced you are an ignorant moron with the IQ of a ground squirrel. Can you NOT read. PROPAGANDA AND DECEPTION TOWARDS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adrian quotes the B.I.B.L.E. Adrian passed away back in 2005 but he never spoke of the Roman Catholic church and could care less about the perverts like yourself who co-operate with the priests as they rape little boys.
Finally, you never told us why Jesus Christ was born. Do you know?
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers lwf.org
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
EVERLASTING LIFE IS "NOT" SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU DIE. EVERLASTING LIFE IS SOMETHING YOU GET WHEN YOU RECEIVE JESUS.
7. JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a liar from the pit of hell. You are the FALSE teacher. Let me ask, if I am IN CHRIST how can I fall out of Christ. If I am in Him the only way I could lose my salvation is if He could lose His.
If you don't have the assurance of your salvation perhaps you are not saved at all. Examine yourself.
With a theology like yours, how could you dare call
The Catholic Church arrogant??
When you became 'eternally saved', did God take away your free will? Are you able to reject Jesus?

Face it, prophet Old G, faith alone makes no sense and that's why it was never taught.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384746
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OldJG wrote:
Hebrews 10:39, "But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the FAITHFUL ones, whose souls will be SAVED.
Faith........saves souls.
Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus + NOTHING +
Solomon,the wisest man in history, who had direct revelations from God himself, let people turn his heart away from God!

Can you lose your salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384747
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand why you all believe people are automatically saved at the point of conversion? People, via free will, can reject God later in life. It happens before our eyes every day.
To say "they never really had it to begin with"
Well, that's just plain stupid.
Also, how can you use the bible to establish certain dogma, when the Church came before the bible?
Hey Clay, didn't want to leave you out, you are wrong too. Blessings!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384748
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

I'm doing salsa today the peppers seem extra hot this year, must be the dry hot weather.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384749
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Hank, 4gvn and oldjg are right and you are wrong. Blessings!
Hello Marge,

And just because you say so, it is supposed to be true???

lol.....lol....lol...

Are you a follower of Adrian, too?

“Beware—wolves, false prophets within the church, have disguised themselves in sheep’s clothing.”

Now when Jesus says beware, we ought to beware.

These wolves are both dangerous and deceptive.

We cannot be wise and not beware, Marge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

384 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Naveen kumar 4,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Porkpie Hat 256,742
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessarily so 721,636
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 31 min Commander Bunny 57
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 33 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 225
Hook Your Ex - Hook Your Ex System Does Steve P... 54 min piyaro 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 56 min Krackerjacks 115,380
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Le_le 172,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr simloverrrsarah 83
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••