Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,655
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379576 Aug 10, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When you need Good laugh,look in the mirror..lol
Thank you for your kind Orthodox words.
news

AOL

#379577 Aug 10, 2012
.

ISRAEL "Dissolving" Muslim DOME of Rock --------

&fe ature=plcp

.
truth

Perth, Australia

#379578 Aug 10, 2012
eh who coming
man with big snjuraaa

see your snjura
nemoze se zavezati obuca

koliko me ljubis
raskopcaj prsi

a tako bes lijepo
dok kuma lija mrvice daj
ona uvijek lukavo i podlo govori
chicken
miris mesa
nozdrve mi siri
nu
rasirit ce zemlja svoje krilo
vidit cete koliko vas onaj doli voli
http://www.google.com.au/imgres...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#379579 Aug 10, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
...
WE PROTESTANTS DO NOT CLAIM TO BE...
GOD'S ONE AND ONLY TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH..
That is because you MOST DEFINITELY--"ARE NOT"!--You Protestant "rejected" the TRUTH some 500 years ago at the Protestant Reformation---FUTHERMORE you have "rejected" the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the COMPLETENESS of Gods GRACE that manfested over 2000 years ago ONLY in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostlic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ)-----The ONLY THING you Protestants can claim is over 41,000 conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent denominations, NONE OF WHICH have absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to confirm or back up ANY OF THEM! ALL 41,000 rely upon an"incompatable"mish -mash of a hodge-podge of beliefs that are fractured, splintered and divisive. YOU CAN HAVE IT CONFRINTING--IT IS ALL YOURS!! I,we as Catholics will continue to worship God in "HIS WAY" in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH.---You can worship God in YOUR OWN "PERSONAL OPINION WAY" with chaos and confusion!!
!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#379580 Aug 10, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacon???
lol.
<quoted text>
Anthony, I know hundreds of Roman Catholic's that cheat, lie, defraud business associates, but parade around in a prayer shawl eating a cracker and drinking wine and calling them the body and blood of Jesus. They get fat from the bread and drunk from the wine. They like to be seen by men but would much rather go to their confessional and play with the priests. LOL LOL
You folks crack me up. Dumb as doorknobs!!! LOL
That wasn't nice to steal my thunder! You stole my intellectual property there. Do you lack originality that you're forced to steal from me? I am ashamed of you Deacon. Ashamed. I think an altar call should be made at your church so you can confess your sin in front of the congregation.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379581 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is Michael, you don't post any truth. Obviously you've never taken any religious studies because there are some Christians who claim they didn't come out of the Reformation. They don't even claim to be Protestants. Like Voz Razon for example. He claims to be from a non denominational Christian church. I asked him one time if he considered himself a Protestant and he said no. He said he was just a Christian trying to do his best to love the Lord and fellow Christians. He doesn't care what denomination you are.
Unlike the anti Catholic bigots that hang here, he reflects how the Church ends each Mass with these words "Go in peace and serve the Lord."
Now I'm going along my merry way trying my best to serve the Lord and love all who love God. I don't care if you're a Protestant or a Catholic, although I do feel the full truth is in the Catholic Church.
Let me ask you something Michael. In all honesty, when I am going about living my normal life, I don't experience the hostility that is exhibited on Topix. Matter of fact, when I was in Charleston on business, during my spare time I visited all the historic churches there. One was a Hugenot church. Isn't it beautiful?
http://www.huguenotsociety.org/church.htm
When I walked in there and struck up a conversation with a woman who seemed to have some authority over visitors to the church she was shocked when I told her I was Catholic, but cordially welcomed me and proceeded to show me their beautiful church and the adjacent graveyard. I thanked her for her time and went about my way. Not a harsh word among us. I think Jesus likes that when we don't beat up on each other.
What ever you believe is you're business. I have no personal issues with any one of faith. I just give information. It might not be the information you want to believe, but I don't post bogus stories.

I have been corrected a few times with incorrect data, and I have acknowledged that, but when I claim the number of those that practice their faith, or that the nuns are making history with the two investigations of them, or money laundering scandals in the vatican, why are catholics afraid to acknowledge what is really going on today in you're church in the secular sense.



Believe what you want, but today there are many terrible things going on in religion that many just do not want to know about, and that is sad.

We all have to take the good with the bad.

Religious leaders over the past number of years have set terrible examples of good morality and integrity, and I am not afraid to point it out.

sometimes the truth hurts!

Call me all the names you want.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379582 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is Michael, you don't post any truth. Obviously you've never taken any religious studies because there are some Christians who claim they didn't come out of the Reformation. They don't even claim to be Protestants. Like Voz Razon for example. He claims to be from a non denominational Christian church. I asked him one time if he considered himself a Protestant and he said no. He said he was just a Christian trying to do his best to love the Lord and fellow Christians. He doesn't care what denomination you are.
Unlike the anti Catholic bigots that hang here, he reflects how the Church ends each Mass with these words "Go in peace and serve the Lord."
Now I'm going along my merry way trying my best to serve the Lord and love all who love God. I don't care if you're a Protestant or a Catholic, although I do feel the full truth is in the Catholic Church.
Let me ask you something Michael. In all honesty, when I am going about living my normal life, I don't experience the hostility that is exhibited on Topix. Matter of fact, when I was in Charleston on business, during my spare time I visited all the historic churches there. One was a Hugenot church. Isn't it beautiful?
http://www.huguenotsociety.org/church.htm
When I walked in there and struck up a conversation with a woman who seemed to have some authority over visitors to the church she was shocked when I told her I was Catholic, but cordially welcomed me and proceeded to show me their beautiful church and the adjacent graveyard. I thanked her for her time and went about my way. Not a harsh word among us. I think Jesus likes that when we don't beat up on each other.
YOu said "I don't post any truth" GIVE ME EXAMPLES please and if I am wrong about something I will correct it.

Much of what I post comes right from catholic news sources. If that is not good enough for you, than its obvious you just don't want to know about it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#379583 Aug 10, 2012
dome make Eskimo
as well Zulu
Did you drink something?

who is rock n
look beter tec''tonic''
http://www.google.com.au/imgres...

look look look better
''sve sam svoje jade isplakala
i javno ispovidila
sad neka vas pricesti
tko hoce
ja necu vise za vas molit
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#379584 Aug 10, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he sent the apostles to the world with the scriptures and his teachings.
LUKE CH:22
35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes,
lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and
likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and
buy one.(SWORD BEING THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS) WORD OF GOD IS SHARPER THAN A
TWO EDGE SWORD.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in
me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me
have an end.
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords.(THEIR SCRIPTS / WORD OF
GOD IS SHARPER THAN A TWO EDGE SWORD.) And he said unto them, It is enough.
You bible only believers have claimed over and over and over again, that "every word, every phrase, every sentence" MUST BE IN THE BIBLE IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE TRUE! OK! So please show us "where is the word "BIBLE" specifically mentioned in the bible!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#379585 Aug 10, 2012
who told you you are rock
read better
http://www.google.com.au/imgres...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#379586 Aug 10, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
More bigot talk, calling people fundies instead of the proper term fundamentalists.
Its no different than calling an Italian, black person, or German, person a derogatory name. I am sure you know them all!
.....UNBELIEVABLE!
Fundies is a proper name for them, IMO. Hey you and FreeMind use the pejorative term Romanists all the time. You can't go all ballistic on us over fundies. Geeez, Michaeld. Be fair.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379587 Aug 10, 2012
Mass? The Roman Catholic Mass is a doctrine of devils. In the Baltimore Catechism the Mass is referred to as a sacrifice, in which Christ offers Himself to God, in an unbloody manner.

The Bible makes it clear that it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

Leviticus 17:11, "For the life of the flesh is in
the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

According to Roman Catholic theology the Mass is the perfect sacrifice continued.

Yet, right before Jesus died and gave His last breath He cried out ... IT IS FINISHED ...[John 19:30] The perfect sacrifice has been perfectly FINISHED, and it need not be offered up on a daily basis on the altars of Roman Catholic churches throughout the world.

According to Roman Catholic theology one of the purposes of the Mass is to satisfy the justice of God, for the sins committed against Him.

The Bible tells me that the justice of God was satisfied when Jesus Christ died on the cross, over two thousand yeras ago. The Bible lets each and every sinner and every other person in the world know that they can be justified by the blood that Jesus shed for them.

According to Roman Catholic theology Mass cards can be obtained, for a donation, to have a Catholic Mass offered for a person living or dead.

Go figure. Indulgences anyone?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#379588 Aug 10, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever you believe is you're business. I have no personal issues with any one of faith. I just give information. It might not be the information you want to believe, but I don't post bogus stories.
I have been corrected a few times with incorrect data, and I have acknowledged that, but when I claim the number of those that practice their faith, or that the nuns are making history with the two investigations of them, or money laundering scandals in the vatican, why are catholics afraid to acknowledge what is really going on today in you're church in the secular sense.
Believe what you want, but today there are many terrible things going on in religion that many just do not want to know about, and that is sad.
We all have to take the good with the bad.
Religious leaders over the past number of years have set terrible examples of good morality and integrity, and I am not afraid to point it out.
sometimes the truth hurts!
Call me all the names you want.
I don't really want to call you names unless I think they are warranted.

I'm going to shock you now Michael. I AGREE with you when you say that there are those that don't want to correct the bad that can happen in the churches. Evil will persists when good me do nothing

As with all walks of life, sometimes things can get pretty awful before people wake up. Hmm.. let's use the Holocaust for example. Our government didn't get involved in that before scores of human lives were lost. That was sad.

Now we've got that Syrian massacre happening anf I wonder how many people are willing to do what it takes to get it stopped. Seems the White House is dragging their tails on it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379589 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't nice to steal my thunder! You stole my intellectual property there. Do you lack originality that you're forced to steal from me? I am ashamed of you Deacon. Ashamed. I think an altar call should be made at your church so you can confess your sin in front of the congregation.
DayStorm, how do you Roman Catholic's confess to a pervert? Does it go something like this? Forgive me sodomite for I have sinned! LOL LOL LOL

I love you Romans. You make me laugh.
truth

Perth, Australia

#379590 Aug 10, 2012
did he been satisfy with goat
scapegoat
no
if not why not
is god goat

aron represnt goat

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#379591 Aug 10, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
THOMAS MERTON: THEOLOGY OF THE DEVIL
from New Seeds of Contemplation
Another characteristic of the devil's moral theology is the exaggeration of all distinctions between this and that,good and evil, right and wrong.
These distinctions become irreducible divisions.
No longer is there any sense that we might perhaps all be more or less at fault, and that we might be expected to take upon our own shoulders
the wrongs of others by forgiveness, acceptance, and patient understanding and love, and thus help one another to find the truth.
On the contrary, in the devil's theology, the important thing is to be absolutely right
and to prove that everybody else is absolutely wrong. This does not exactly make for peace and unity among men, because it means that everybody wants to be absolutely right himself, or to attach himself to another who is absolutely right. And in order to prove their rightness they have to punish and eliminate those who are wrong. Those who are wrong, in turn, convinced that they are right... etc.
*applauds*

It's all in the mind and how we do things in the world.

In those famous words by that legendary rock band Led Zeppelin:

"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379592 Aug 10, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given to you (over and over and over again) numerous,biblical, historical, traditional and Apologistic documented sources to confirm the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church as the HistoricallY and Biblically (ONE AND ONLY) PROVEN CHURCH that Jesus Christ formed, initiated and authenticated.---Again--you believe (or better yet-DISBELIEVE) anything you want-Jethro8. I'll continue to worship, accept, believe and adhere to the TRUTH, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist, and the Sacraments from the "overwhelming AUTHENTICATED sources of CHURCH HISTORY, and follow the TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. AGAIN--"you do what you want"!
hojo, you have spent much time on this forum trying to pound sand up our butt. Go to confession. You need it.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#379594 Aug 10, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question? Is there a catholic on this forum that can explain this? Why Mary doesn't have wings? Do the wings grow or are they attached by someone in heaven? Are the wings suppose to help them move about from one location to another?
What good are wings anyway? Once you leave our atmosphere there is no air in outer-space, wings would be rendered useless, like a sail on a boat, but I guess over the of years the lunkheads back then didn't know that, and believed it anyway, like they do today.
Did the catholic church start with the wing thing after the 1939 movie the wizard of oz where there were flying monkees with wings attached? I wonder.
We need to pose this question to an expert in the catholic church who handles all the wing issues. Come in HOJO!
It is only judgemental anti-catholic bigots, heretics and hypocrites that concern themselves with "trivial nonsense" that would come up with a "ridiculous question" such as this. ONLY "confused, mixed-up and chaotic" hearts, minds, and souls would "dream up" such an "absurd" problem that, I/We as Catholics "could care less" as to Mary having winds. You Protestants, atheists and agnostics are proving yourselves to be "more desperate" with each and every comment, in an attempt to discredit and undermine the TRUTH of over 2000 years PROVEN Bible and Church History, which authenticates the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apsotolic Catholic Church.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#379595 Aug 10, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>JUSTTTTT... sit right back and you'll hear a tale,a tale of a fateful trip.That started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship.The mate was a mighty sail'n man the skipper brave and sure,five passagers set sail that day on a three hour tour,a three hour tour.The weather starting getting rough the tiny ship was tossed.If not for he courage of the sail'n crew the Minnow would be lost.The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle with LTM....,Confronting,....Just-a -christain,..Oxbow......Margee eee and theillian rest are here on Topix Island...lol
*thinking -'If they only had a tomato judgicon*

:o)
truth

Perth, Australia

#379596 Aug 10, 2012
good morning=guda more
guda=kmerovi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_Arms_...
eh bodge bodge vidi=look naseg hodge iz kamodge boze bodze bodze look iz kambodge
guda morning
guda=kmer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_Arms_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 775,771
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Rick in Kansas 265,201
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 22 min Marty Fong 18
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min mike 605,065
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 29 min McGold 663
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min scirocco 37,826
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 44 min traumutiz3d 16,454
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr mannibterf 441,787
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web