Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
365,321 - 365,340 of 539,557 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379561 Aug 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacon???
lol.
Yes. Thank you.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379562 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you live in Canada? So you can be with your fellow God hating atheists up there?
I don't see a "few" Catholics practicing their faith. Every day of the week the parish I attend is crowded with people for the weekday Masses. On Sunday, we often have standing room only.
Do you know how many Protestants don't practice their faith? Like this guy:
Youth pastor charged with child molestation
http://www.thecitizen.com/articles/11-06-2011...
And this guy:
Local pastor kills wife, self
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/201106...
Come on man. You're really showing your bigotry.
You call millions of other christian believers DEFORMATIONS and you call me a BIGOT? Whose the weenie now? ha-ha!

What I posted was the truth. If you can't deal with the truth, get help! Its available!
mark

Shawnee, OK

#379563 Aug 10, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bright either I see.
I have told you repeatedly, I am not Catholic, if you can't accept that, then move on - it isn't going to change with you keep trying to force it down my throat that I am.
Sheez.
Yeah, yeah - I got that you aren't a "Christian" - your posts show it as well.
As for any understanding that you think you have, I highly doubt it. You have not show anything of the sort.
Besides, you must have some sort of connection to Christianity, if you have to make yourself feel good about yourself, by visiting a forum that discusses "Christian" values. Why else would you be here?
Either you are a lonely person, who I've deemed a troll at this point, or just some child looking to vent his/her frustration out on the world.
Have at it - because your insults and ignorance really are the inidcators of your belief, I mean hatred of other beleifs, you probably haven't researched.
It must be recess at your school, huh?
i never said you were a catholic.no and whats up with you you are just mad because i exposed the truth about the rcc it is the beast and will never change again you have the understanding of say regaina....lol i have no hatered toward anyone but i see what this religion has done to the wrld how it has turned it into a giant sining shit hole...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#379564 Aug 10, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
Jesus went to bring Lazerous back from the dead and everyone walked away and said. Na! that trick has been done before by APOLLONIUS, lonngg time ago. Jesus said OH!
Ok! Jesus said, I will find a blind man. Doesn't Jesus just so happen to believe he has bumped into a blind man. Spits water and mud into his hands and rubs them into the mans eyes. A sudden scream by the man. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!....Jesus said what? I am not blind, I am just dozzzing, minding my own business.........anyway that blindman trick was done a long time ago by VESPATIANS said the man wiping the mud and spit from his eyes. Jesus says OH! and gets on his way along the path.
Jesus talks to some friends and says he is going to this wedding and I will turn water into wine. His friends said Been done before by DIONYSUS.
His friends all said to Jesus. Haven't you got something new? Jesus thought for a minute and said, I know! I KNOW! I will bring eternal life to those that follow me! His friends shaking their heads and said OSIRIS promised that 1,000 years ago.
Jesus said! lets go for a beer guys and I might be able to come up with something NEW! that has never been done. His friends said. "WE HOPE SO"
Michael, I want you to go out and buy these books for your entertainment. They are fairy tales for adults:

1. The Big Bang Theory

2. Rock Explosions and how they formed mankind

3. Apes Transforming into Humans (you will have to pay extra to find the original edition since apes have stopped transforming into humans long ago.

4. For those that don't like the ape, big bang, etc. fairy tales, you might like the fish crawling out of the sea to become man. Now that's the biggest whopping fish story I ever heard.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379565 Aug 10, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ One True Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a special club" as you so put it, that is going to heaven! The bible NOR the Catholic Church NEVER refers to an automatic entry into heaven by the"once saved, always saved" rhetoric that you Protestants use. Paul tells the Christians to "work out their salvation, with trembling and fear". God HAS, IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE our "final judge" as to who is saved and who is not, who is going to heaven and who is not! CERTAINLY NOT YOUR HUSBAND (Confrinting) who from the very first day on this forum, used his bible only anti-catholic ministry to condemn and judge the faith and salvation of ANY and ALL Christians, the Churches they worship in and their personal relationship to Jesus Christ--(especially Catholics). As I have said to you before, we are all ecumentical "brothers and sisters in Christ", of which Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG and other bible only "heretics" on this forum "refuse to accept" because they would have to "give up and put aside their hostile hate and vengence" against Jesus Christ and the TRUTH of HIS One True Catholic Church --not the ONLY Church--but the ONE TRUE bibically, historically and traditionally ONE TRUE CHURCH!
hojo, nobody hates you. You are just stupid. We overlook your big mouth and your profound lack of Scriptural knowledge.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379566 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you live in Canada? So you can be with your fellow God hating atheists up there?
I don't see a "few" Catholics practicing their faith. Every day of the week the parish I attend is crowded with people for the weekday Masses. On Sunday, we often have standing room only.
Do you know how many Protestants don't practice their faith? Like this guy:
Youth pastor charged with child molestation
http://www.thecitizen.com/articles/11-06-2011...
And this guy:
Local pastor kills wife, self
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/201106...
Come on man. You're really showing your bigotry.
People should know what is going on in their church good or bad.

Newspapers don't sell because they write who did the good deeds today! stories. You want to see who failed, who killed someone, who got caught doing something wrong..........but ONLY when its someone else! Whenever its you're church or a church leader, thats when you want the presses to to stop!

I say baloney......

truth

Perth, Australia

#379567 Aug 10, 2012
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#379568 Aug 10, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>when a lie is spoken that effects so many people,yes we must speak up."bible only "half-truth, half-heresy"? so the bible is not accurate?god is not speaking the whole truth in the scriptures? how do you know this? he tell you? you still have not produced one ounce of facts to prove your claim,when are you? better yet why not just admitt the truth,there is no evidence to prove the catholic church is gods true church.it's a fictional tale
I have given to you (over and over and over again) numerous,biblical, historical, traditional and Apologistic documented sources to confirm the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church as the HistoricallY and Biblically (ONE AND ONLY) PROVEN CHURCH that Jesus Christ formed, initiated and authenticated.---Again--you believe (or better yet-DISBELIEVE) anything you want-Jethro8. I'll continue to worship, accept, believe and adhere to the TRUTH, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist, and the Sacraments from the "overwhelming AUTHENTICATED sources of CHURCH HISTORY, and follow the TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. AGAIN--"you do what you want"!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379569 Aug 10, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not giving you the pleasure of clicking on any of your links you bald faced bigot.
It's interesting that you chum up with the fundies here, but you're an atheist! They are in bed with the devil, LOL!
I guess you wouldn't want to offend any of your fundie friends with posting what a miserable mess their preachers can be.
Hey, btw.. do you know how many atheists are thieves, rapists, child molesters and sexists?
Here's an article for you if you dare click on it:
Atheism's Misogyny Problem
http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/ath...
More bigot talk, calling people fundies instead of the proper term fundamentalists.

Its no different than calling an Italian, black person, or German, person a derogatory name. I am sure you know them all!

.....UNBELIEVABLE!

truth

Perth, Australia

#379570 Aug 10, 2012
free will
o yes
banana od sake do lakta

http://www.google.com.au/imgres...
truth

Perth, Australia

#379571 Aug 10, 2012
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379572 Aug 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacon???
lol.
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I know of a Protestant Deacon that cheats, lies, defrauds business associates, but parades around in a prayer shawl, blowing on a shofar! He likes to be much seen of men as our Lord said about that type.
Anthony, I know hundreds of Roman Catholic's that cheat, lie, defraud business associates, but parade around in a prayer shawl eating a cracker and drinking wine and calling them the body and blood of Jesus. They get fat from the bread and drunk from the wine. They like to be seen by men but would much rather go to their confessional and play with the priests. LOL LOL

You folks crack me up. Dumb as doorknobs!!! LOL

Location hidden

#379573 Aug 10, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You call millions of other christian believers DEFORMATIONS and you call me a BIGOT? Whose the weenie now? ha-ha!
What I posted was the truth. If you can't deal with the truth, get help! Its available!
Problem is Michael, you don't post any truth. Obviously you've never taken any religious studies because there are some Christians who claim they didn't come out of the Reformation. They don't even claim to be Protestants. Like Voz Razon for example. He claims to be from a non denominational Christian church. I asked him one time if he considered himself a Protestant and he said no. He said he was just a Christian trying to do his best to love the Lord and fellow Christians. He doesn't care what denomination you are.

Unlike the anti Catholic bigots that hang here, he reflects how the Church ends each Mass with these words "Go in peace and serve the Lord."

Now I'm going along my merry way trying my best to serve the Lord and love all who love God. I don't care if you're a Protestant or a Catholic, although I do feel the full truth is in the Catholic Church.

Let me ask you something Michael. In all honesty, when I am going about living my normal life, I don't experience the hostility that is exhibited on Topix. Matter of fact, when I was in Charleston on business, during my spare time I visited all the historic churches there. One was a Hugenot church. Isn't it beautiful?

http://www.huguenotsociety.org/church.htm

When I walked in there and struck up a conversation with a woman who seemed to have some authority over visitors to the church she was shocked when I told her I was Catholic, but cordially welcomed me and proceeded to show me their beautiful church and the adjacent graveyard. I thanked her for her time and went about my way. Not a harsh word among us. I think Jesus likes that when we don't beat up on each other.
truth

Perth, Australia

#379574 Aug 10, 2012
''tonic''
tek ce mo to viditi
koja koka snila jaje pa ga kumi mari daje

kuma ga mara nece
i govori
drago dijete
trazi bolje srece

no neco nece i okolo se sece
hocu necu
daj mi boze dobru srecu..
don't pray for me
ja sam isplakala sve svoje za 10 godina
suza je bilo na pritek
molili smo i molili
nitko molitve nije cuo
svi bili gluhi i nijemi ajme meni

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#379575 Aug 10, 2012
In most circumstances IDEAS come first. Facts come later. Of Jesus, the facts were made up to fit the ideas. What that means is all though we imagine the meaning of Jesus, comes from the facts of jesus, but the truth of the matter has to be the other way around.

The facts about Jesus were created and adjusted to fit with the ideas, and the meanings of Jesus to those that believe.

Jesus was a creation of the ideas that people had of him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#379576 Aug 10, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When you need Good laugh,look in the mirror..lol
Thank you for your kind Orthodox words.
news

AOL

#379577 Aug 10, 2012

ISRAEL "Dissolving" Muslim DOME of Rock --------

&fe ature=plcp

truth

Perth, Australia

#379578 Aug 10, 2012
eh who coming
man with big snjuraaa

see your snjura
nemoze se zavezati obuca

koliko me ljubis
raskopcaj prsi

a tako bes lijepo
dok kuma lija mrvice daj
ona uvijek lukavo i podlo govori
chicken
miris mesa
nozdrve mi siri
nu
rasirit ce zemlja svoje krilo
vidit cete koliko vas onaj doli voli
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#379579 Aug 10, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WE PROTESTANTS DO NOT CLAIM TO BE...
GOD'S ONE AND ONLY TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH..
That is because you MOST DEFINITELY--"ARE NOT"!--You Protestant "rejected" the TRUTH some 500 years ago at the Protestant Reformation---FUTHERMORE you have "rejected" the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the COMPLETENESS of Gods GRACE that manfested over 2000 years ago ONLY in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Apostlic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ)-----The ONLY THING you Protestants can claim is over 41,000 conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent denominations, NONE OF WHICH have absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to confirm or back up ANY OF THEM! ALL 41,000 rely upon an"incompatable"mish -mash of a hodge-podge of beliefs that are fractured, splintered and divisive. YOU CAN HAVE IT CONFRINTING--IT IS ALL YOURS!! I,we as Catholics will continue to worship God in "HIS WAY" in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH.---You can worship God in YOUR OWN "PERSONAL OPINION WAY" with chaos and confusion!!
!

Location hidden

#379580 Aug 10, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacon???
lol.
<quoted text>
Anthony, I know hundreds of Roman Catholic's that cheat, lie, defraud business associates, but parade around in a prayer shawl eating a cracker and drinking wine and calling them the body and blood of Jesus. They get fat from the bread and drunk from the wine. They like to be seen by men but would much rather go to their confessional and play with the priests. LOL LOL
You folks crack me up. Dumb as doorknobs!!! LOL
That wasn't nice to steal my thunder! You stole my intellectual property there. Do you lack originality that you're forced to steal from me? I am ashamed of you Deacon. Ashamed. I think an altar call should be made at your church so you can confess your sin in front of the congregation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 734,019
Is Michael Brown REALLY dead? 2 min Smart elec 5
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 7 min Ricky F 23,937
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min Khatru 441,212
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Patrick 226,561
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 40 min pure top 770
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Stephania capitani 600,207
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 258,215
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr JUDEletePete 118,132
•••