Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,727
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361685 May 31, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, in the big picture of Christianity, so little is
revealed by the few letters and memoirs that make up the New Testament.
maybe its because none of this really happened.
I have stated before. During the supposed life of Jesus 33 years! the son of God, not anyone including his immediate family show any indication that Jesus is the son of God. NT records stories of Mary and his brothers or cousins but nothing ever indicated by any of them that he is the son of God. Nothing written by the 12 apostles who were supposedly his best and closet friends, yet they seem to know nothing.
During this era we know there were dozens of Jewish and Roman scribes, writers and philosophers that recorded events that happen in and throughout Jerusulem, yet NOT ONE of them ever recorded a story about a miracle birth, or ANY of the players including Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, or even the crucifixion and the resurrection.
Please read this website.........and respond back to me.

http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/jesus5.htm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#361686 May 31, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 5:7, "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."
It does not read: The Son, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Why is there none on this forum willing to answer my questions???!!!

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

If Christ is God the Father, whom is "my Father" to which He prayed!!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361687 May 31, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking me or telling me?
What say you Anthony?

also........If Mary and Joseph were devout Jews and we know Jews do not believe in the trinity and Jews do not believe Jesus as the son of God, then how could Mary/Joseph stay DEVOUT Jews for the next 33 years as the NT claims if the Holy Spirit (trinity) and Jesus son of God are not believed by JEWS?

awaiting your reply...
LTM

Canada

#361688 May 31, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And without controversy great is the (((mystery))) of godliness:
>>>>GOD was manifest >>>>>>>in the FLESH<<<<<.
Hi Full Of Love, I am sorry about your husbands Aunt Leo, I saw you on F.B. <3
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361689 May 31, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:48-51
48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him,“Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked.“Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”
50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them.~~~~~But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.~~~~~
Mary was the "only" person who really knew the identity of
Jesus; that she let her Son die on the cross is evidence that He was truly the Son of God!
John 2:5
5 His mother said to the servants,“Do whatever he tells you.”
The catholic fathers had to ad that piece or the story wouldn't fit.

However if Mary was the birth mother of son of God Jesus, she had no idea that 33 long years later he would be crucified.

Why would Mary flee to Egypt with baby Jesus to avoid being caught by King Herod as the story goes if she already knew that Jesus would live no matter what to be crucified 33 years later?

It was the crowd of people at the crucifixion who determined the fate of Jesus. No one else. If the crowd had changed their mind and screamed Barabas what would have happened?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361690 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be disrespectful, but the story of King Herod slaughtering male infants is not known in any of our history books from that era. Not any Jewish/Roman writers ever indicated such an atrocity ever happened. Only the bible indicates this story. Not to forget, King Herod died within a couple years of what you claim happened.
ALL! of the stories in the NT about Jesus, Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, etc. are NOT recorded anywhere else in our history or written by any writers from that era that they even existed. Remember the characters are all JEWS and NO JEWS even wrote about them.......

(snipped for space)
Isaiah 7:10-16

10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz,

11 “Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.”

12 But Ahaz said,“I will not ask; I will not put the Lord to the test.”

13 Then Isaiah said,“Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

15 He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right.

16 for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right,[the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.]

Now...

Matthew 2:12-15

12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream.“Get up,” he said,“take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet:“Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Instead of being afraid of toddler Jesus, Herod should have been afraid of his own death; of meeting his maker after the brutal way he lived his life.

King Herod died in 4 BC.

That makes Jesus birth somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 BC.

Herod only lives a few more years after the birth of Jesus.

Here is how terrible Herod was.

He knew no one would cry when he died.

So, he gathered children from most of the wealthy families in Jerusalem and ordered that they be killed at his death!

People did cry at his death.

Matthew 2:16-18

16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.

17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:

18 “A voice is heard in Ramah,
weeping and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.”

In keeping with his paranoia and brutality, Herod thinks, "If I can’t kill just one baby King, I will kill them all. I am bound to get the right one if I kill them all."

Every boy in Bethlehem less than two years old died.

Except Jesus, who has already escaped.

There is weeping in Bethlehem as little boys are killed in a futile attempt to stop the coming kingdom.

That is the nature of the old kind of king; brute force.

Jesus is born with a price on his head.

Herod is right in realizing the threat Jesus makes to the status quo.

This newborn king of the Jews is going to challenge the might and brutality of old kings.

Later, the Jewish leaders would realize this truth.

These leaders would force Pilate to finish what Herod could not.

There is nothing man can do to stop the spread of His Kingdom!

Location hidden

#361691 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points!
A couple more. Jesus said on the cross to the thief. At the end of the day you will be with ME in paradise. We know that never happend.
Jesus said to his desciples. I will return before the end of this generation..........still waiting!!
Christians are taught that Mary and Joseph were devout Jews. Jews do NOT believe in the Trinity, then why did christianity write the story that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary (part of the trinity) that Mary and Joseph don't believe in?
If the Holy spirit in the sense is the father of Jesus, yet both the holy spirit and jesus are god???
Too many read the bible and just move on instead of wondering why so many things in the bible make no COMMON SENSE.
"Jesus said to his desciples. I will return before the end of this generation..........still waiting!!"

It is typical of scoffers to use the English definitions for Greek words!!!!

English definition of generation: The average interval of time between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

Greek definition of the Greek word from which generation was translated. genea: a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

With the proper definition applied it reads:Verily I say unto you, This nation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361692 May 31, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:48-51
48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him,“Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked.“Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”
50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them.~~~~~But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.~~~~~
Mary was the "only" person who really knew the identity of
Jesus; that she let her Son die on the cross is evidence that He was truly the Son of God!
John 2:5
5 His mother said to the servants,“Do whatever he tells you.”
Mary was the "only" person who really knew the identity of Jesus..........you say.

Wasn't Joseph informed before the birth? Didn't Jesus even know himself that he was the son of God for 33 years on earth.

If Jesus was performing miracles as ONLY the new testament claims who was he suppose to be if he didn't know himself who he really was? What was the purpose for him performing miracles, and what did the people miraclized think was happening to them and by whom? Wasn't the reason for performing miracles to show people he was special? Son of God! Yet outside the BIBLE, nothing is written in our history about any miracle worker or miracles performed..........

Location hidden

#361693 May 31, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said He is the living bread which came down from heaven. He said that the bread He gives us is His flesh for the life of the world. He said you must eat His flesh and drink His blood to have eternal life. So when He broke the bread and gave it to His disciples saying "This is My body...", Catholics take Jesus at His word.
Why don't protestants?
Because He was talking metaphorically...to read what He said in the literal sense, as Catholics do, that labels them as cannibals. Quote: cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

We are not cannibals...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#361694 May 31, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 7:10-16
10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz,boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right,[the land of the twoin 4 BC.
That makes Jesus birth somewhere in the furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.
17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:
18 “A voice is heard in Ramah,
weeping and great mourning,
In keeping with his paranoia and brutality, Herod thinks, "If I can’t kill just one baby King, I will kill them all. I am bound to get the right one if I kill them all."
Every boy in Bethlehem less than two years old died.
Except Jesus, who has already escaped.
There is weeping in Bethlehem as little boys are killed in a futile attempt to stop the coming kingdom.
That is the nature of the old kind of king; brute force.
Jesus is born with a price on his head.
Herod is right in realizing the threat Jesus makes to the status quo.
This newborn king of the Jews is going to challenge the might and brutality of old kings.
Later, the Jewish leaders would realize this truth.
These leaders would force Pilate to finish what Herod could not.
There is nothing man can do to stop the spread of His Kingdom!
thankyou for your response.
Show me evidence, a writing, anything OUTSIDE the bible that King Herod attempted to kill Jesus of Nazareth?
Show me a writing OUTSIDE the bible that there were 12 apostles of a man named Jesus who lived in Jerusulem, Nazareth and Bethlehem during his life.
Show me historical writings from the mediteranean that a miracle worker named Jesus actually lived and died?
Anything written about a miracle worker named Jesus who performed miracles for thousands of jews and witnessed by thousands more, who had 12 apostles, who walked on water, who turned water into wine, who died on a cross are ONLY written about in the bible, and no where else in our histoical writings anywhere.
Imagine if only a handful of writers with ONE agenda wrote about the Civil war, the first world war or the second world war.

Location hidden

#361695 May 31, 2012
Answer the question....
Catholics teach: Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God....you don't follow your religion's teaching?????
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And without controversy great is the (((mystery))) of godliness:
>>>>GOD was manifest >>>>>>>in the FLESH<<<<<.
So...you don't follow the Catholic teaching that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God...You are either not a Catholic or just say you are...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361696 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
thankyou for your response.
Show me evidence, a writing, anything OUTSIDE the bible that King Herod attempted to kill Jesus of Nazareth?
Show me a writing OUTSIDE the bible that there were 12 apostles of a man named Jesus who lived in Jerusulem, Nazareth and Bethlehem during his life.
Show me historical writings from the mediteranean that a miracle worker named Jesus actually lived and died?
Anything written about a miracle worker named Jesus who performed miracles for thousands of jews and witnessed by thousands more, who had 12 apostles, who walked on water, who turned water into wine, who died on a cross are ONLY written about in the bible, and no where else in our histoical writings anywhere.
Imagine if only a handful of writers with ONE agenda wrote about the Civil war, the first world war or the second world war.
here is some interesting read:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361697 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If the King Herod story was true that he had become aware that Jesus was the son of God, then King Herods subordinates would have had to inform him which means they would have all known about Jesus being born son of God, yet throughout the scriptures no one in the company of Jesus, his mother and Joseph, or 12 apostles seemed to be aware of him being the messiah.
The brothers/cousins of Jesus seem oblivious to Jesus being son of God.
The 12 apostles at the last supper (that you believe) all sitting around and none of them know Jesus to be the son of God, yet according to scriptures he has been the son of God already for 33 years.
None of this makes any common sense...
Here John testifies about Jesus:

John 1:29

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Location hidden

#361698 May 31, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 5:7, "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."
While Jesus was on earth the three were: God the Father, Jesus the Incarnate Son, and the Holy Spirit..

Today they are: God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361699 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
However if Mary was the birth mother of son of God Jesus, she had no idea that 33 long years later he would be crucified.
Why would Mary flee to Egypt with baby Jesus to avoid being caught by King Herod as the story goes if she already knew that Jesus would live no matter what to be crucified 33 years later?
It was the crowd of people at the crucifixion who determined the fate of Jesus. No one else. If the crowd had changed their mind and screamed Barabas what would have happened?
Fulfilled prophecies:

Look at the story of Moses and the story of Matthew 2 and compare....

What do both stories have????

Wicked tyrants...

Killed baby Jewish boys...

Miraculous baby deliverance...

Those who sought you are dead...

Sons called out of Egypt.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361700 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, now....

Why did God involve Herod in the story????

So, we would know that Jesus is the new Moses.

So, we would know that Jesus is going to lead us in a new exodus.

To fulfill his promises to restore the nation of Israel to freedom!

Fulfilled prophecy:

Jeremiah 31:15

15 This is what the Lord says:

“A voice is heard in Ramah,
mourning and great weeping,

Ramah was in Babylon.

Jeremiah is saying the Jews in Babylonian captivity are weeping for their children.

But, check this out:

Jeremiah 31:16-17

16 This is what the Lord says:

“Restrain your voice from weeping
and your eyes from tears,
for your work will be rewarded,”
declares the Lord.
[[[[[“They will return from the land of the enemy.]]]]]

17 So there is hope for your descendants,”
declares the Lord.
[[[[[“Your children will return to their own land.]]]]]

God is going to bring his people out of captivity!

The nation of Israel would be reborn from captivity.

This is going to happen in the new kingdom which Jesus is bringing.

"Your kingdom come… is the promised kingdom. Jesus is going to fulfill Jeremiah!"

God’s people are coming out of captivity!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#361701 May 31, 2012
LTM wrote:
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Numbers 23:19 (KJV)
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon
"Take us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vines."—Song of Solomon 2:15.
little thorn may cause much suffering. A little cloud may hide the sun. Little foxes spoil the vines; and little sins do mischief to the tender heart. These little sins burrow in the soul, and make it so full of that which is hateful to Christ, that He will hold no comfortable fellowship and communion with us. A great sin cannot destroy a Christian, but a little sin can make him miserable. Jesus will not walk with His people unless they drive out every known sin. He says, "If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." Some Christians very seldom enjoy their Saviour's presence. How is this? Surely it must be an affliction for a tender child to be separated from his father. Art thou a child of God, and yet satisfied to go on without seeing thy Father's face? What! thou the spouse of Christ, and yet content without His company! Surely, thou hast fallen into a sad state, for the chaste spouse of Christ mourns like a dove without her mate, when he has left her. Ask, then, the question, what has driven Christ from thee? He hides His face behind the wall of thy sins. That wall may be built up of little pebbles, as easily as of great stones. The sea is made of drops; the rocks are made of grains: and the sea which divides thee from Christ may be filled with the drops of thy little sins; and the rock which has well nigh wrecked thy barque, may have been made by the daily working of the coral insects of thy little sins. If thou wouldst live with Christ, and walk with Christ, and see Christ, and have fellowship with Christ, take heed of "the little foxes that spoil the vines, for our vines have tender grapes." Jesus invites you to go with Him and take them. He will surely, like Samson, take the foxes at once and easily. Go with Him to the hunting.
Religious "White noise."

Location hidden

#361702 May 31, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke literally at times and metaphorically other times. When He said He was a vine or a door the disciples didn't question if He really was a door or vine, they knew He wasn't. In John 6 they were incredulous and even said it was a hard teaching, yet He repeated the teaching in even stronger terms.
We know that His dialogue concerning the Eucharist was meant literally because St. Paul teaches it as well, and the fathers of the Church are unanimous.
For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

----------

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

----------

When all verses are taken in the literal sense, as Catholics do, you have contradiction in the Bible.

The SBC teaches the first set of verses are in the literal sense, and the second set of verses are in the metaphoric sense...hence no contradiction.....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#361703 May 31, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that nice!!
When can I expect to see results of your prayers? DO you have a time frame in mind?
Again, don't tell me about your prayer, because I want it to be a surprise if it ever actually has an affect upon me.
I personally doubt it, but you never know, your prayer may very well have an impact.
To be honest with you, I think you haven't prayed for anyone, and are just saying this, to difuse your own fear of other beliefs.
Gods timing in answering pray is not my timing nor yours!! The fact is New Age, that I make it a point to pray for you and every other Protestant "individually" ----(Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, OLDJG, Jethro8, and justachristian "every day", not only at daily Mass, but in adoration prayer hours 1:00, 2:00. 3:00 or 4:00AM depending on the open hours. As a convert from Protestantism to the One True Apostolic Catholic Church inititate by Jesus HIMSELF, I am well aware of the Judgmental and condemning "bondage of hate" that has infected and polluted the 40,000+ conflicting, contradictory and confusing Protestant beliefs.---- Prayer is a necessay essential for all of us, each and every day as Christians --However---when God has to deal with heresy, hypocricy and HARDNESS OF HEART, in constant denial of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and TRUE interpretation of the Bible in 382,393, and 397AD, that Protestants have been "shackeled in" since the Reformation,---(again)---- Gods timing is not our timing!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#361704 May 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, one more fulfilled prophecy:

Matthew 2:23

23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.

OK, check this out....

Matthew wants us to connect Jesus to Isaiah 11.

Matthew is pretty slick so you have to pay attention.

Isaiah 11:1-5

1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

2 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—

3 and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears;

4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

5 Righteousness will be his belt
and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

Matthew wants us to connect Jesus to the fulfillment of Isaiah 11.

The one from Nazareth, this branch of Jesse is the one who is going to be filled with the Spirit and who will rule the earth with righteousness.

There is a new king and he is coming from Nazareth.

Isaiah is predicting a new nation, a new Israel.

The Branch, the Nazarene, who is full of the Spirit of the LORD will lead a righteous nation into glory.

This nation will gather Judah from the four corners and it will be a banner for all nations.

That is us again.

The new king comes as a child!

Now, can you see the differences between the two kings???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min mike 601,116
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Porkpie Hat 259,576
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 739,551
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Patrick n Angela 227,595
The Anti-Christ 37 min Bev Jamison 8
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 40 min Bev Jamison 9
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 44 min Bev Jamison 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,701

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••