Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 17,058)

Showing posts 341,141 - 341,160 of512,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JIL

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

4gvn wrote:
<quoted text>There's that pesky parrot back again. Somebody hand me a fly swatter.
gladly

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Hermi,
Will you show your Christianity by admitting you added to my post in an attempt to discredit me? Thank you.
<quoted text>
Hermi, is this your confession? Seems a little weak.
stop wasting my time. I told you what happened. If i wanted to discredit you I would not have put the same stuff where I posted.I am not going to explain any further .Nothing works with you, sadly.
JIL

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS your own interpretation jil.
No two protestant sects agree with you either.
I read the same verses as you, and i do not see them the way you do. In fact, I see no reason to reverse everything that was originally understood about those same verses.
Maybe you could cite the reason for changing what was understood about those verses.
Lets start with the bread and wine being the literal presence of Jesus Christ.
The first Christians understood this as fact. They heard it from the Apostles mouths.
You changed this teaching. Why?
Never changed anything clay, the bible speaks for it self. The Bread and wine are symbolic of the body of Christ the wine His blood shed for our sins. Matthew 26:26:26-30 This ordinance of the Lord's supper is to us the passover supper, by which we commemorate a much greater deliverance than that of Israel out of Egypt. Take, eat; accept of Christ as he is offered to you; receive the atonement, approve of it, submit to his grace and his government. Meat looked upon, be the dish ever so well garnished, will not nourish; it must be fed upon: so must the doctrine of Christ. This is my body; that is, spiritually, it signifies and represents his body. We partake of the sun, not by having the sun put into our hands, but the beams of it darted down upon us; so we partake of Christ by partaking of his grace, and the blessed fruits of the breaking of his body. The blood of Christ is signified and represented by the wine. He gave thanks, to teach us to look to God in every part of the ordinance. This cup he gave to the disciples with a command, Drink ye all of it. The pardon of sin is that great blessing which is, in the Lord's supper, conferred on all true believers; it is the foundation of all other blessings. He takes leave of such communion; and assures them of a happy meeting again at last; Until that day when I drink it new with you, may be understood of the joys and glories of the future state, which the saints shall partake with the Lord Jesus. That will be the kingdom of his Father; the wine of consolation will there be always new. While we look at the outward signs of Christ's body broken and his blood shed for the remission of our sins, let us recollect that the feast cost him as much as though he had literally given his flesh to be eaten and his blood for us to drink.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

4gvn wrote:
<quoted text>Another untrue claim by Hermie. Actually I have studied the tennants of Catholicism. I read uch of the spam that they post and find many things contrary to the teaching of the scriptures.
Read some tenets. Read some spam.Thats all it takes and you got it.
ReginaM

Stewartsville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

JIL wrote:
<quoted text>
gladly
Did the Holy Spirit tell you to say that? Now go tell Jesus how much you love him.
4gvn

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
stop wasting my time. I told you what happened. If i wanted to discredit you I would not have put the same stuff where I posted.I am not going to explain any further .Nothing works with you, sadly.
Don't waste your time??? It is pretty obvious that you havae nothing else to do but stay on here all day.lol Sadly!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>It has taken it pretty far to say all you need is a Bible.However dont be suprised if another branch sprouts saying they dont need a Bible. The oly Spirit talks to them directly.
Yes it took a very long time in Christian history for people to declare all they need is the Bible.

I could definitely see 'Christians' in the future eliminating that, and deciding the Holy Spirit is the sole source and not the Bible- or something like that.
good point.
4gvn

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Read some tenets. Read some spam.Thats all it takes and you got it.
No Hermie, I am sure that you are the only one who gets it.
4gvn

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Holy Spirit tell you to say that? Now go tell Jesus how much you love him.
Get over yourself. You are as hateful and sarcastic as anyone one this thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

JIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Never changed anything clay, the bible speaks for it self. The Bread and wine are symbolic of the body of Christ the wine His blood shed for our sins. Matthew 26:26:26-30 This ordinance of the Lord's supper is to us the passover supper, by which we commemorate a much greater deliverance than that of Israel out of Egypt. Take, eat; accept of Christ as he is offered to you; receive the atonement, approve of it, submit to his grace and his government. Meat looked upon, be the dish ever so well garnished, will not nourish; it must be fed upon: so must the doctrine of Christ. This is my body; that is, spiritually, it signifies and represents his body. We partake of the sun, not by having the sun put into our hands, but the beams of it darted down upon us; so we partake of Christ by partaking of his grace, and the blessed fruits of the breaking of his body. The blood of Christ is signified and represented by the wine. He gave thanks, to teach us to look to God in every part of the ordinance. This cup he gave to the disciples with a command, Drink ye all of it. The pardon of sin is that great blessing which is, in the Lord's supper, conferred on all true believers; it is the foundation of all other blessings. He takes leave of such communion; and assures them of a happy meeting again at last; Until that day when I drink it new with you, may be understood of the joys and glories of the future state, which the saints shall partake with the Lord Jesus. That will be the kingdom of his Father; the wine of consolation will there be always new. While we look at the outward signs of Christ's body broken and his blood shed for the remission of our sins, let us recollect that the feast cost him as much as though he had literally given his flesh to be eaten and his blood for us to drink.
"The Bible speaks for itself" No. You speak for the Bible. Without the Eucharist you miss Christianity. Period.You cant love the Word and change Christ's message intoo your own. I guess you are among the ones that day that felt the message was too harsh and walked away.
JIL

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Reading a Catechism is not studying Catholicism. This is the problem in your thinking.
And you are showing yourself to be a good little catholic, double talk around anything.
You told Regina I probably never read a catechism, I asked how do you know I never. Don't you remember what you post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it took a very long time in Christian history for people to declare all they need is the Bible.
I could definitely see 'Christians' in the future eliminating that, and deciding the Holy Spirit is the sole source and not the Bible- or something like that.
good point.
How can you trust people that discount all the holy and faithful Christians that fought the heresies to preserve the Truth, who were martyred, the monastics that did nothing but pray, fast, and study the Word,the millions of devoted Christians. How can you trust them when they say they respect the Word. They have no respect for Holiness. They have no respect for the people who were taught by the Apostles.How can you trust them to respect the Word?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

JIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the verses where Our Lord said the blood is real drink and His flesh is real food. Not a symbol.
Regardless, the first Christians, who were taught by the Apostles, understood it very different from you. The Apostles made no effort to correct any of them. Hence, we have our faith today.
It took 1,600 yrs for Satan to penetrate a few protesters to get them to change their mind about the Eucharist. We will never change our minds because we have no authority to change what was established by the Apostles. You do not either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

JIL wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are showing yourself to be a good little catholic, double talk around anything.
You told Regina I probably never read a catechism, I asked how do you know I never. Don't you remember what you post.
I am not Catholic. I dont think I told Regina you never read the Catechism. Show me the post please and I will admit it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Remember this too, Jil, the Apostles never established the New Testament. In fact, they had no idea the various letters and memoirs they were writing would some day, end up in a Christian Bible.
The way they taught the people was by word of mouth, traditions and letter. So whatever the first Christians came to believe about the Eucharist, Baptism, faith alone, Salvation, Confession, Apostolic succession, etc etc is what the faith should be. Period. You guys reversed everything that was already established. You had no authority to do such a thing. Every point in the Bible was already figured out for us. Nothing new can be discovered. The revelation from the Apostle was revealed.
ReginaM

Stewartsville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again. It is fitting, therefore, that you should keep aloof from such persons, and not to speak of them either in private or in public, but to give heed to the prophets, and above all, to the Gospel, in which the passion [of Christ] has been revealed to us, and the resurrection has been fully proved. But avoid all divisions, as the beginning of evils."

~Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch
ReginaM

Stewartsville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

"Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I am not Catholic. I dont think I told Regina you never read the Catechism. Show me the post please and I will admit it.
Catholic universal, universally false.

Hermi did you ask for the Holy Spirit yet?
JIL

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know you are confusing ReginaM, Star, hojo, AnthonyMN and Hermi with the facts? We can tell by their reactions to your posts.
LOL The word of the Lord is sharper then a 2 edge sword. I am sad they don't know that Jesus is all we need He is enough.
I have notice that not to many preachers talk about the blood of Christ, I wonder why. God isn't dead He is very much a live, why catholic would chose to pray to dead people instead of a loving living God is beyond me. No logic to their thinking.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again. It is fitting, therefore, that you should keep aloof from such persons, and not to speak of them either in private or in public, but to give heed to the prophets, and above all, to the Gospel, in which the passion [of Christ] has been revealed to us, and the resurrection has been fully proved. But avoid all divisions, as the beginning of evils."
'THEY', believe it symbolic, just like baptism.

'WE' abstain from prayers with you because you pray to the Dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 341,141 - 341,160 of512,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

763 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 217,377
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Toby 89,661
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min danetoo 109,876
Gay Snapchat Names 8 min Gayjack98 1,388
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min karl44 440,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aerobatty 681,064
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min RADEKT 250,481
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min waaasssuuup 596,650
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••