Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,177
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#354773 May 8, 2012
sotona je mudra previse mudra za sve vas
da previse njezna
i misteriozna
pozurila je ta njeznost da ugrabi sto vise
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354774 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than the Gospel? No, I don't have anything better than that.
You risked your infant son's immortal soul based on 'your' wisdom, not that of scripture. Unless, of course, you can show me where it says unbaptized infants will go to heaven.
Have have shown you...you deny it.

I figured it out. You do believe baptism is more important than confessing Christ..thanks

Oh come on Regina...you have so much more to add to Christ death...you're a catholic for crying out loud.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354775 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
According to scripture both are equally important.
So why does scripture on condemn one?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#354776 May 8, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLOL!!!!!! Oh, this one is beyond the pale. The Catholic Church, who brought the world the Bible centuries before the KJV.. and you profess that the Pope doesn't understand it??? How many hours of sleep do you lose each night to come up with this nonsense?
ROTFLOL!!!!!

Heaven/Hell, prophecies coming true, demon possession, holy meal sacrifice, initiation by baptism, holy spirits, immortal son of God, miracle working man/god, eternal salvation......were ALL common elements in ancient mediterranean cultures centuries before Jesus was even thought of.

The elements of Christianity doesn't come from Jesus, its comes from the accumulation of legends, and theologies of other religious leaders who came a thousand years before........don't you know that?

If you read your bible, and if you allow yourself without fear, to read and learn about religious history long before the bible you will quickly learn that MOST of the customs, traditions and elements of christianity were not UNIQUE to Jesus.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#354777 May 8, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is baptism more important than confessing Christ?
Yes or No is fine...I don't need to hear what a command is.
Confessing Christ....it is part of being saved, Chuckie....

1 Timothy 6:12

12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which [[[[[you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.]]]]]

In the presence of many witnesses....aren't there many witnesses at your BAPTISM????
truth

Perth, Australia

#354778 May 8, 2012
micle
you pool me again
you are wrong
if you are not wrong explain
in dictionary find every word under ''luth luthera''
deadly sin
you need be honest explain who how where and when trough history used than accuse
luth=medicine against woman
why and who hite woman most=satan
medicine=unhealthy for unborn kids full off disease
pray rosary
who don't liked that
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#354779 May 8, 2012
4gvn wrote:
<quoted text>Then tell me Anthony, how long is the baptism good for? 90 days? 10 to 12 months? A couple of years? Since you are sure that every baby will go to heaven, you should be able to tell us just how long the baptism provides salvation. Please share this info with us.
What is it that can't enter heaven?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354780 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than the Gospel? No, I don't have anything better than that.
You risked your infant son's immortal soul based on 'your' wisdom, not that of scripture. Unless, of course, you can show me where it says unbaptized infants will go to heaven.
So an infant who dies and is not baptized may not go to Heaven...

Lets look at Regina. You will commit sins until the day you die and yet you can go to Heaven. So even though you were baptized you can still sin all you want as long as you confess. An infant who has not sinned, not been baptized, is out of luck. Does that cover it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#354781 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
From what he had said in his post I thought he was under the impression that you were Catholic, so I corrected him. Then he or someone else indicated that I didn't know what I as talking about, so I said it again. That's all, no big deal.
Hope you're well!
Thank you for explaining....

No big deal.....

I have the little ladies' flower bed planted....got 10 compliments from the neighborhood....

She said, "That is my Mother's Day present!" She loves it....

I am almost finished with the fence....

You know how long the "Honey Can You Do List" is...lol.....

Blessings!
ReginaM

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#354782 May 8, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured it out. You do believe baptism is more important than confessing Christ..thanks
Oh come on Regina...you have so much more to add to Christ death...you're a catholic for crying out loud.
Chapter and verse, please, where scripture says the unbaptized will go to heaven.

All your bullying and rudeness won't provide the verse for you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#354783 May 8, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "hatred" of other belief systems shows in all your posts.
Live in love.
When someone like Regina M. was indoctrinated into her belief by infant baptism, taught one thing over and over and over! you tend to become very one sided with your views of others, taught by your parents who are usually ignorant of other beliefs.

I too was baptized catholic as an infant. I can see why Regina M. is the way she is. I broke those chains off of me. My parents weren't too happy, but why should it matter to them? Baptism isn't about making your family happy, its about you and your life decisions with God, whether they like it or not.

Too many catholics look at belief more as a family tradition, and custom, than an actual belief in their God.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#354784 May 8, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the other COMMANDS to be saved, Chuckie???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#354785 May 8, 2012
truth wrote:
micle
you pool me again
you are wrong
if you are not wrong explain
in dictionary find every word under ''luth luthera''
deadly sin
you need be honest explain who how where and when trough history used than accuse
luth=medicine against woman
why and who hite woman most=satan
medicine=unhealthy for unborn kids full off disease
pray rosary
who don't liked that

I don't understand your post about me being wrong. Please explain more clearly?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354786 May 8, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Confessing Christ....it is part of being saved, Chuckie....
1 Timothy 6:12
12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which [[[[[you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.]]]]]
In the presence of many witnesses....aren't there many witnesses at your BAPTISM????
No kidding!!! Wow. So an infant cannot do this?

Tell that to your friend Regina. A catholic infant can start/receive salvation at baptism when they are weeks old. My whole point is they cannot confess Christ.

Please post your answer to Regina...I already know it.Thanks

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#354787 May 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious truth, what denomination do you follow?
I worship with my brothers and sisters "in Christ."

Notice...I said "in Christ."
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354788 May 8, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Chapter and verse, please, where scripture says the unbaptized will go to heaven.
All your bullying and rudeness won't provide the verse for you.

Go back a few posts and read about it...it's there.

Bullying and rudeness...I'm sorry. Come here and give me a hug.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#354789 May 8, 2012
The catholic church insists on infant baptisms for one reason, to snag another member to ad to the total.

The church KNOWS especially today that MOST adult baptized catholics do not practice their faith, but still being baptized keeps the numbers up.

Catholic clergy aren't allowed to marry for one reason. The church doesn't want the clergy to will their assets to a wife, and the church doesn't want to deal with screaming children left behind.

Same with nuns. All their assets usually willed to the church, the nuns believing God is giving them more grace for doing so.

Lay catholics are instructed to HAVE large families, so again, it keeps the numbers up.

Anyone who doesn't believe this, is lying to themselves.

The church is about money, power, corruption.

Just watch an episode or two of the BORGIA'S.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#354790 May 8, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How were people saved under the Old Covenant? There was no one to tell them about baptism. Has God changed?
<quoted text>
What about baptism as a requirement for salvation? Has God changed regarding His plan for salvation?
Jesus opened the gates of heaven under the Old Covenant? I do not understand. Is there a Scripture passage which would address this dilema?
In the Old Covenant, the righteous who died awaited the coming of the Messiah. When Christ came, by His death and resurrection, He opened the gates of heaven to those righteous.

In the New Covenant established by Christ, baptism replaces circumcision.
marge

Ames, IA

#354791 May 8, 2012
Regina;

ReginaM wrote:

"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again. It is fitting, therefore, that you should keep aloof from such persons, and not to speak of them either in private or in public, but to give heed to the prophets, and above all, to the Gospel, in which the passion [of Christ] has been revealed to us, and the resurrection has been fully proved. But avoid all divisions, as the beginning of evils."
~Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch
``````````

'THEY''US', have always believed it symbolic, just like baptism.

'WE' abstain from prayers with you because you pray to the Dead.

Proof of the true church back then.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#354792 May 8, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the other COMMANDS to be saved, Chuckie???
Ok...you can add to Christ's death if Regina doesn't want to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 765,446
loan shark needed (Apr '14) 15 min lookingloan123 11
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 20 min andet1987 48
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Rick in Kansas 263,691
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Dr Wu 603,720
women: who are the most attractive celebrities? 1 hr andet1987 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,169
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 8 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE