Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
112,321 - 112,340 of 224,112 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a stupid hick just got news CERN discovered the 96% of reality that's hidden, and is mad we who worship the God of Israel told us all about it 4500 years ago.
Stupid atheist hicks: always several millenia late FOR EVERYTHING.
Hey did anybody tell your HOMOSEXUAL POPULATION that RETROVIRUS is UNCURABLE or are they still doing that 'WE'LL EVOLVE AND EVERYONE WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL' thing?
LoL what hicktards atheists are.
So no proof of god then, just checking.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in WWII died because of tyrants. These tyrants were con men and they conned entire nations. These Nazi’s believed themselves to be superior beings. Much like you atheist see yourselves as superior to Christians.
They believed the Jews to be less than dogs. This is counter to any civil Christian belief. The Nazi’s had a cult hold on Germany. This goes to show how dangerous a cult ideology can be to a society.
I would hate to image a society controlled by militant atheist. They would treat the Christians just like the Nazi’s treated the Jews. The only problem there are about 200 million of us here in the states. Most of us own firearms and have had military training.
So all you can do is stomp your feet and throw fits claiming we are liars. Powerless to do anything about our freedom.
Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings, he had papal backing and a papal ambassador, he tried to con nobody, his nationalism was infectious.

Stalin had a christian education and on the fastback to priesthood and in his later years embrace christianity again. He did what he did based on christian teachings

As did Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic, as did the KKK, the IRA, the NLFT, Anders Behring Breivik, as did James Holmes. Genocide and murder is a teaching of the babble. That is so strange that funnymentalist christians always seem top slope their shoulders and try and escape the stigma that christianity bedstows.

Christianity is comprised of over 38,000 cults, do you want to rephrase the comment “This goes to show how dangerous a cult ideology can be to a society.“?

You mean they would treat the christians just like chriistians treat anyone who is not chritsian, nope it does not work like that in atheism but of course you would never be able to understand that

Ok so threats of firearms is the big christian thing now, sound very much like nazism to me,– jeesus f*cking christ on a cruthc, you are mental.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Christine's religion?
I thought she was atheist.
Close but no banana, atheism does not go far enough, that’s just a term for people who don’t believe there is a god or gods. As a theists bastardisation of the term they use it to apply to people who don’t think exactly like them

I know there is no god.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>03Aug12.....
Dyslexia...vot an excuse for one's situation.
....to begin with, you were Never in a 'church' because of your faults.
Ps:.....You don't have a bed. You sleep on someone's floor.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Kicked any cripples lately you lying prat?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's one thing when dave speculates on the nature of the universe, and I actually think it's quite funny; but it's pretty obnoxious for him to use his clearly nonexistent knowledge on the brain in an attempt to "diagnose" you.
Just like his attempts to describe the universe or atomic structure his attempt to diagnose what he is completely classless about not only the cause but the effects is typically daveswiorld insanity. I’ll continue to live with it and keep on asking him how may cripples he’s kicked today/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

<quoted text>
Sounds like a stupid hick just got news CERN discovered the 96% of reality that's hidden, and is mad we who worship the God of Israel told us all about it 4500 years ago.
Hey did anybody tell your HOMOSEXUAL POPULATION that RETROVIRUS is UNCURABLE or are they still doing that 'WE'LL EVOLVE AND EVERYONE WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL' thing?
Methinks you need to read the news and more properly understand it, I realise this will be difficult of a deliberately ignorant moron like yourself but it really is worthwhile.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Your name is apt because let me mention Bill Gates shall I go on? Besides your opinion is worthless based on your prejudice prove atheists don't donate to charity mother licker!
<quoted text>
No it's well known, atheist are among the tightest with their money vis-a-vis charity. They WISH they had a track record of generosity. Fact is atheists make great cynics and many atheists are; and a good cynic, a Samaritan does not make.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

They know all this but are self delusional. If it doesn't fit their narrow world view they don't want to accept it.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings, he had papal backing and a papal ambassador, he tried to con nobody, his nationalism was infectious.
Stalin had a christian education and on the fastback to priesthood and in his later years embrace christianity again. He did what he did based on christian teachings
As did Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic, as did the KKK, the IRA, the NLFT, Anders Behring Breivik, as did James Holmes. Genocide and murder is a teaching of the babble. That is so strange that funnymentalist christians always seem top slope their shoulders and try and escape the stigma that christianity bedstows.
Christianity is comprised of over 38,000 cults, do you want to rephrase the comment “This goes to show how dangerous a cult ideology can be to a society.“?
You mean they would treat the christians just like chriistians treat anyone who is not chritsian, nope it does not work like that in atheism but of course you would never be able to understand that
Ok so threats of firearms is the big christian thing now, sound very much like nazism to me,– jeesus f*cking christ on a cruthc, you are mental.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

I do like your style :)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of gibberish from an expected and deliberately ignorant source who offers clueless imbecility, spite and vindictive hatefulness as argument. You must be christian, yes?
Once again you are guessing because you cannot (or are unwilling) to accept facts, it’s a christian trait.
You seem to be good at guessing, your problem is that you don’t seem able to guess the right answer, it’s a christian failing
You want to argue facts the bring it on, lets have as many about you as I have offered here on topx. Then we can start comparing and arguing, whether you top trumps me on educational qualifications is up for grabs, so come on, have the courage of your blathering words or butt out.
What do we know about you from the few posts you have offered.
1 You have nothing to contribute
2 you are deliberately ignorant
3 you are a liar for the christian cause (one reason christianity is a dying religion)
4 You are poorly educated
5 You make wild and unsubstantiated guesses
6 You are vindictive and spiteful
7 You stink (your own words)
I can add that the chances are you are a lonely and semi senile old woman, the lifelong faith you hold in the christian church has left you empty, bitter and wanting.
Not a bad start for someone who has been on topix fpr perhaps less than 24 hours. Just think what the next few days will tell us about you

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

<quoted text>
I give up HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Lol I think it's that arguing with idiots reject using a different name after getting her azz handed to her as usual. Her 4500 year old myth has been changed and rewritten so many times it would be considered heresy to the original scribes lol
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol I think it's that arguing with idiots reject using a different name after getting her azz handed to her as usual. Her 4500 year old myth has been changed and rewritten so many times it would be considered heresy to the original scribes lol
<quoted text>
I like the way they pick and choose which version of the bibull they quote from, with 30-40 current different versions they can say what they damn well please.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Many lol. I almost choked to death when I read him say that a "special middle eastern man" came and touched his father.
Eagle - please don't take this as me disrespecting your father, I'm not, I just thought that was a funny story.
If a man in "middle eastern attire" brought about my conversion, my first words would have been, "Praise Allah".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a true story, I swear to god!
In the early 70's, my family went on a missionary to Zimbabwe, Africa. While their, after helping the natives drill for water and teaching them about god and jesus, my brothers and I were relaxing to some music, the Doors, the Who, the Rolling Stones, whomever; anyway the chief and some of the high council came to my dad and ask why his children were calling to the devil!
My parents were stunned to say the least! They came running to our tent and asked what we were doing. We told him, just listening to music. The chief said, "Those drum sounds, that is the same music that we played to summon demons!"
We all sat around, praying to god for forgiveness and breaking all those evil records!
True story!! Swear to god!
Haha wow... that is crazy. Who knew that classic rock was behind the upsurge in demonic possession all this time?

And did you really have to smash the records?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Lol I am sure he meant the white skinned blue eyed light brown haired Jesus lol in middle eastern clothes what a turbin? Vest bomb?? Lol
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man in "middle eastern attire" brought about my conversion, my first words would have been, "Praise Allah".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol I am sure he meant the white skinned blue eyed light brown haired Jesus lol in middle eastern clothes what a turbin? Vest bomb?? Lol
<quoted text>
If the pic is liberty I agree.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Lol, "Atheism requires as much faith as religion", for someone to believe that, well, takes faith.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

<quoted text>
No it's well known, atheist are among the tightest with their money vis-a-vis charity. They WISH they had a track record of generosity. Fact is atheists make great cynics and many atheists are; and a good cynic, a Samaritan does not make.
Bill Gates isn't giving away money ?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
I'll take that answer to mean that you have no idea.
<quoted text>
I'll take that answer to mean that you still have no idea.
I'll take that to mean you don't want to really know or you would look it up.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
“Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings”

Since you are making this claim it should be no problem for you to supply biblical evidence.

Where in the Bible did Hitler get his knowledge supporting his hellish campaign of genocide against the Jews?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

419 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min curiouslu 720,680
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min RoSesz 532,636
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min seriously the original 5,231
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min blind man n the bleachers 599,066
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min MUQ1 36,504
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Aura Mytha 256,454
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 1 hr SIYA 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,345
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr bbbbbb 73
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 9 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••