Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116060 Aug 3, 2012
Your name is apt because let me mention Bill Gates shall I go on? Besides your opinion is worthless based on your prejudice prove atheists don't donate to charity mother licker!
HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's well known, atheist are among the tightest with their money vis-a-vis charity. They WISH they had a track record of generosity. Fact is atheists make great cynics and many atheists are; and a good cynic, a Samaritan does not make.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116061 Aug 3, 2012
They know all this but are self delusional. If it doesn't fit their narrow world view they don't want to accept it.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings, he had papal backing and a papal ambassador, he tried to con nobody, his nationalism was infectious.
Stalin had a christian education and on the fastback to priesthood and in his later years embrace christianity again. He did what he did based on christian teachings
As did Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic, as did the KKK, the IRA, the NLFT, Anders Behring Breivik, as did James Holmes. Genocide and murder is a teaching of the babble. That is so strange that funnymentalist christians always seem top slope their shoulders and try and escape the stigma that christianity bedstows.
Christianity is comprised of over 38,000 cults, do you want to rephrase the comment “This goes to show how dangerous a cult ideology can be to a society.“?
You mean they would treat the christians just like chriistians treat anyone who is not chritsian, nope it does not work like that in atheism but of course you would never be able to understand that
Ok so threats of firearms is the big christian thing now, sound very much like nazism to me,– jeesus f*cking christ on a cruthc, you are mental.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116062 Aug 3, 2012
I do like your style :)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of gibberish from an expected and deliberately ignorant source who offers clueless imbecility, spite and vindictive hatefulness as argument. You must be christian, yes?
Once again you are guessing because you cannot (or are unwilling) to accept facts, it’s a christian trait.
You seem to be good at guessing, your problem is that you don’t seem able to guess the right answer, it’s a christian failing
You want to argue facts the bring it on, lets have as many about you as I have offered here on topx. Then we can start comparing and arguing, whether you top trumps me on educational qualifications is up for grabs, so come on, have the courage of your blathering words or butt out.
What do we know about you from the few posts you have offered.
1 You have nothing to contribute
2 you are deliberately ignorant
3 you are a liar for the christian cause (one reason christianity is a dying religion)
4 You are poorly educated
5 You make wild and unsubstantiated guesses
6 You are vindictive and spiteful
7 You stink (your own words)
I can add that the chances are you are a lonely and semi senile old woman, the lifelong faith you hold in the christian church has left you empty, bitter and wanting.
Not a bad start for someone who has been on topix fpr perhaps less than 24 hours. Just think what the next few days will tell us about you

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116063 Aug 3, 2012
HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a stupid hick just got news CERN discovered the 96% of reality that's hidden, and is mad we who worship the God of Israel told us all about it 4500 years ago.
Stupid atheist hicks: always several millenia late FOR EVERYTHING.
Hey did anybody tell your HOMOSEXUAL POPULATION that RETROVIRUS is UNCURABLE or are they still doing that 'WE'LL EVOLVE AND EVERYONE WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL' thing?
LoL what hicktards atheists are.
I give up HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116064 Aug 3, 2012
Lol I think it's that arguing with idiots reject using a different name after getting her azz handed to her as usual. Her 4500 year old myth has been changed and rewritten so many times it would be considered heresy to the original scribes lol
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116065 Aug 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol I think it's that arguing with idiots reject using a different name after getting her azz handed to her as usual. Her 4500 year old myth has been changed and rewritten so many times it would be considered heresy to the original scribes lol
<quoted text>
I like the way they pick and choose which version of the bibull they quote from, with 30-40 current different versions they can say what they damn well please.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#116066 Aug 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Many lol. I almost choked to death when I read him say that a "special middle eastern man" came and touched his father.
Eagle - please don't take this as me disrespecting your father, I'm not, I just thought that was a funny story.
If a man in "middle eastern attire" brought about my conversion, my first words would have been, "Praise Allah".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#116067 Aug 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a true story, I swear to god!
In the early 70's, my family went on a missionary to Zimbabwe, Africa. While their, after helping the natives drill for water and teaching them about god and jesus, my brothers and I were relaxing to some music, the Doors, the Who, the Rolling Stones, whomever; anyway the chief and some of the high council came to my dad and ask why his children were calling to the devil!
My parents were stunned to say the least! They came running to our tent and asked what we were doing. We told him, just listening to music. The chief said, "Those drum sounds, that is the same music that we played to summon demons!"
We all sat around, praying to god for forgiveness and breaking all those evil records!
True story!! Swear to god!
Haha wow... that is crazy. Who knew that classic rock was behind the upsurge in demonic possession all this time?

And did you really have to smash the records?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116068 Aug 3, 2012
Lol I am sure he meant the white skinned blue eyed light brown haired Jesus lol in middle eastern clothes what a turbin? Vest bomb?? Lol
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man in "middle eastern attire" brought about my conversion, my first words would have been, "Praise Allah".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#116069 Aug 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol I am sure he meant the white skinned blue eyed light brown haired Jesus lol in middle eastern clothes what a turbin? Vest bomb?? Lol
<quoted text>
If the pic is liberty I agree.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#116070 Aug 3, 2012
Lol, "Atheism requires as much faith as religion", for someone to believe that, well, takes faith.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#116071 Aug 3, 2012
HOWMANYTIMESCANYOUBEWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's well known, atheist are among the tightest with their money vis-a-vis charity. They WISH they had a track record of generosity. Fact is atheists make great cynics and many atheists are; and a good cynic, a Samaritan does not make.
Bill Gates isn't giving away money ?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116072 Aug 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
I'll take that answer to mean that you have no idea.
<quoted text>
I'll take that answer to mean that you still have no idea.
I'll take that to mean you don't want to really know or you would look it up.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116073 Aug 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings, he had papal backing and a papal ambassador, he tried to con nobody, his nationalism was infectious.
Stalin had a christian education and on the fastback to priesthood and in his later years embrace christianity again. He did what he did based on christian teachings
As did Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic, as did the KKK, the IRA, the NLFT, Anders Behring Breivik, as did James Holmes. Genocide and murder is a teaching of the babble. That is so strange that funnymentalist christians always seem top slope their shoulders and try and escape the stigma that christianity bedstows.
Christianity is comprised of over 38,000 cults, do you want to rephrase the comment “This goes to show how dangerous a cult ideology can be to a society.“?
You mean they would treat the christians just like chriistians treat anyone who is not chritsian, nope it does not work like that in atheism but of course you would never be able to understand that
Ok so threats of firearms is the big christian thing now, sound very much like nazism to me,– jeesus f*cking christ on a cruthc, you are mental.
“Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings”

Since you are making this claim it should be no problem for you to supply biblical evidence.

Where in the Bible did Hitler get his knowledge supporting his hellish campaign of genocide against the Jews?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116074 Aug 3, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god then, just checking.
Atheist Parrot.

[running back in forth in cage]

“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”

“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”

“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”

[Hand opens up cage and slips in cat].

[feathers start flying]

[the last feather gently falls to the cage floor]

There’s your damn proof.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#116075 Aug 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Hitler was christian and did what he did based on christian teachings”
Since you are making this claim it should be no problem for you to supply biblical evidence.
Where in the Bible did Hitler get his knowledge supporting his hellish campaign of genocide against the Jews?
Damn, biblical evidence, is that the same kind of evidence used in congressional hearings, bullshiite, just saying the bible is that, bullshiite.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#116076 Aug 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Parrot.
[running back in forth in cage]
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
[Hand opens up cage and slips in cat].
[feathers start flying]
[the last feather gently falls to the cage floor]
There’s your damn proof.
I agree, atheist should know christians and such, can prove nothing.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116077 Aug 3, 2012
Atheism101 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, biblical evidence, is that the same kind of evidence used in congressional hearings, bullshiite, just saying the bible is that, bullshiite.
Thank you for your very simple expression of meaningless nothingness. I’m always appreciate to the mindful expressions from a jackass.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116078 Aug 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha wow... that is crazy. Who knew that classic rock was behind the upsurge in demonic possession all this time?
And did you really have to smash the records?
Nice pic, and you were still in your pajamas.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116079 Aug 3, 2012
My that was another random temper tantrum. I think we broke him. Tell us more about the dude in the turbin who molested your dad!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Parrot.
[running back in forth in cage]
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
“Ahhhh Where’s the proof.”
[Hand opens up cage and slips in cat].
[feathers start flying]
[the last feather gently falls to the cage floor]
There’s your damn proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Chris Clearwater 175,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min pmscomputers 96,744
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristINSANITY is... 775,486
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min pusherman_ 559,585
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min Anti-Christ 441,780
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min YTubeHeadlines 605,035
"1-STATE Solution" for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 22 min YTubeHeadlines 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Pegasus 265,163
More from around the web