Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239191 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#105796 Jun 6, 2012
MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
Pond scum is far, far above 'alley Scum'...of which you appear to be connected.
Pond scum can be used as fertilizer.
The worse curse you can dream up is to become a hAtheist....like you.
" 'alley scum"? Have you coined a term, a word, an idea? Obtuse fits you much better than let's say, innovative, unique ... No, those don't fit at all, do they?

And "hAtheist", what the hell is that. Q: And how far off rational do you have to be, to even get that concept and consider using it more than once?

Do you think that we hate atheist? Do you think we hate, not being theist?

A:The correct answer is "half a bubble off plumb.

Earth,TX

#105797 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>....that when she says 'friend of hers'....then she Really lying as a friend would NOT go out and about and say such things..even if they did NOT agree.
...you are full of shit to the eyeballs.
If I want any shit from you, I will squeeeeeze your head.
Fail, fail, fail. Or, actually you are just a liar. You have no idea, what the dynamics of her friendship might be, and for you to claim it, makes you a liar.

Duh, what a surprise!

Like we haven't seen that from ..... every last Christard ever!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#105798 Jun 6, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I remember Getta. Total fail as a husband and father, as he was willing to step out on them, for the remote possibility of a little strange. When he posted a photo of his little daughter, it completely freaked me out. I contacted him and told him some things that happened to my son and grand daughter, because of an internet stalker. He took that photo down.
And I thought that you chose James Woods because of his reputation as "PACKING", big time LOL! Should I have not said that?
Wow, he put up his daughter's picture?!? That's not bright. He really did love his family, though, even if he wanted a little something on the side.

Uhm, what does "packing" mean? I'm a touch naive here...

Earth,TX

#105799 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>Not so.
Long, long before 'it' professed to be James Woods....it was and remains a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.
...like you.
Who made the Dirt???
Manchurian Candidate rules.
Damn, you can't resist crawling back up on the turnip truck, now can you? I can almost see the slobber and drool, on your posts.

If you had a clue, you'd still be clueless. Think it through! Damn, damn, damn think it through! You are an embarrassment to the human race.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105800 Jun 6, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>OMG can you not beat that ugly thing???? the man is a turd
So far, compared to you he's angelic.

Earth,TX

#105801 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>There is NO such thing as an atheist.
...hAtheist = YES
...atheist = NO
...Agnostic = YES
Yeah, we know, there is no one on the planet, who is not a theist.

Everybody is a theist, gotcha.

How many times have you been dropped on your head?

How many of the thousands upon thousands, of gods do you believe in? Do you even believe in, just the ones that the buybull god believed in?

There is a hole in your bucket, dude, there is a hole in your bucket!

Earth,TX

#105802 Jun 6, 2012
John K wrote:
Excelent post Reason Personified!
Most of the lady folks that oppose abortion want everyone to not have an abortion while they themselves sneak off to have their abortion on the down low. What's up with that?
That is the same girl who is carrying signs outside an abortion clinic 63 miles, from where she had her "procedcure done".

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#105803 Jun 6, 2012
So you changed your picture AGAIN.
James Woods is a practicing Roman Catholic.
Oh! You got me! I'm not James Woods.

I changed my pic again!

hint: I'm also not Harrison Ford.

...or am I?...

Earth,TX

#105804 Jun 6, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
DID you finish coocking your own not born embrios and eating on breakfast,
your disguisting troll,bambling same nonsense past 3 years,
like sick mentaly lunatic,and moron having only 0.01 oz brain
if you are man-stick your part inside of yout pond,and let a pond fishes to have snack,
if you are women,just stick inside plastic batery male part,
and without of eating childern after birth,you be able to eat only own shit
Oh, you pitiful loser. If only you and your roaches had been good enough for the spiritual rapture, but then I see you missed the real one in October too.

Does your god not want you in heaven with him? Maybe it is because you won't read the buybull, where Jehovah says that he will make you eat your children. He is going to make you eat your children, Jehovah is going to make you eat your children.

YOU! Not me, dumbazz, you. I am not a Christain, that is for the people who believe the buybull.

Speaking of shit, your god will make you eat that too.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#105805 Jun 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You got me! I'm not James Woods.
I changed my pic again!
hint: I'm also not Harrison Ford.
...or am I?...
Soupy Sales.
Do you know who he is/was?

Earth,TX

#105806 Jun 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, he put up his daughter's picture?!? That's not bright. He really did love his family, though, even if he wanted a little something on the side.
Uhm, what does "packing" mean? I'm a touch naive here...
Really really big..... ;)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#105808 Jun 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soupy Sales.
Do you know who he is/was?
Nope! Just checked him out though! Hahahaha, funny.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#105810 Jun 6, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Really really big..... ;)
Ah! I see!

You mean like Double Fine! Packing. hahaha, nope, that's definitely not why I choose James Woods!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#105811 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>You are right and you are wrong. Few Christians get abortions, although there are people who go to church and read the Bible once a year who do. That is like a straight girl who kisses a girl once and you label her a lesbian for life. The person who goes to church is just trying on Christianity, they have not become one.
As for the dirt reference, I think he was implying that for all eternity you believe that your mom will simply be dirt in the ground, nothing more. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
The last part did not even make sense to you, so I will ignore it.
It's a cult and your cult desperately needs followers. The people that don't stay at church are the intelligent ones that figured out that its all a moneymaking hoax.

Location hidden

#105813 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Even if you were right, that simply means that they know that they sinned. If I go out am have an adulterous relationship, it does not stop being sin to me. What most of you fail to understand is this, we have to struggle to live by the same rules that God gives to all.
What you fail to see is that the World does not live by your imagination.

Just because you are hallucinating, does not mean the world is hallucinating with you.

Get help theist, get help.

Location hidden

#105814 Jun 6, 2012
You are like a mere child crying about a monster that isn't really under your bed.

You're a joke when you tell us your god is real without evidence.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#105817 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>You are right and you are wrong. Few Christians get abortions, although there are people who go to church and read the Bible once a year who do.
Let's break your claims above down, into separate clauses. Indulge me, for the Engrish resson.

1. you are right
2. you are (also) wrong
3. Few Christians get abortions
4. there are people who go to church and read the bible once a year
5. who do (presumably "get abortions")
6.#4 is linked to #5, suggesting that "there are also people who go to church and read the bible once a year who get abortions." Since you linked it to the word "although" you are actually saying there are two groups of people who get abortions:

- few Christians (and)
- people who go to church and read the bible 1/year.

You need more English grammar lessons. That was atrociously written! And, incorrect. Lots of Christians get abortions, regardless of their time spent in church or reading your mythological book. There are far, far fewer atheists who get abortions -'cause we don't have your silly hangups with condoms and other pregnancy prevention measures. The children of atheist parents are also taught about sex. You Christians pretend children are naive and won't do it unless they hear about it.
That is like a straight girl who kisses a girl once and you label her a lesbian for life.
Not a single person does this you silly goof.
The person who goes to church is just trying on Christianity, they have not become one.
Thank goodness!
As for the dirt reference, I think he was implying that for all eternity you believe that your mom will simply be dirt in the ground, nothing more. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
There's a short time where she's a wonderful memory before we, too, become dirt in the ground.
The last part did not even make sense to you, so I will ignore it.
It's pretty hard to read your poor writing, that's true.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105819 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Even if you were right, that simply means that they know that they sinned. If I go out am have an adulterous relationship, it does not stop being sin to me. What most of you fail to understand is this, we have to struggle to live by the same rules that God gives to all.
So you'd rather they go to dangerous places that are unregulated to get abortions, you really do love your own, huh?

Location hidden

#105820 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but no matter how you twist it, homosexuality is not a Christian thing. Atheist yes, not all, but not among Christians. In case you wonder, the RCC priest were gay and that is what they followed. If you read the NAMBLA manual, they were simply gay pedophiles hiding among the straight community for access.
It must be hard to debate, when you have already lost the debate with yourself.
Of course homosexuality is not a Chritian thing - its a something that is a natural phenomenon.

And we all know how you Christians are about natural phenomenon - and that little thing called evidence and reality.

Location hidden

#105821 Jun 6, 2012
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy yourself and whatever makes you happy.
What makes me happy is people telling the truth about atheism, instead of ignorant theists attempting to lie to people in order to threaten them with their their personal imagination.

You have no sense of responsibility for your lies and for this reason you need to leave this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Christian with Jesus 838,560
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min We Are Almost There 4,382
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Halle Berry Sister 176,947
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min Al Capone 5,904
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 18 min Frank Nutz 19
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min Halle Berry Sister 2,407
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min truth 590,176
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 99,967
More from around the web