Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more
Captain

Grand Junction, CO

#105010 Jun 2, 2012
Atheism and its favorite form of government, Communism, has introduced into the world a substitute for Christian religion. It is a counterfeit.. The false prophets of atheism who have Communism as their control over all mankind, falsely predict a Utopian society. This, they proclaim, will only be brought about as capitalism and free enterprise are overthrown, private property abolished, the family as a social unit eliminated, all classes abolished, all governments overthrown, and a communal ownership of property in a classless, stateless society established. Because the State controls everything and everybody from cradle to grave.
Since 1917 this godless counterfeit to Christian religion has made tremendous progress toward its objective of world domination.

Since that day, the Soviet Union, China. and other communist nations have killed an estimated 200 million people under its godless leaders, spread its ideology throughout the world, by war and corruption of political leaders. Every stratagem is used—trade, war, revolution, violence, hate, detente, and immorality—to accomplish its purposes. Many nations are now under its oppressive control. Over one billion people—one-fourth of the population of the world—have now lost their freedom and are under Communist domination. We seem to forget that the great objective of Communism is still world domination and control, which means the surrender of our freedom—your freedom—our sovereignty.
Today the public school system in the United States and the mass media have become their tools for social indoctrination of the American people. Their program of atheism, big government, big taxes, immorality, and their use of graft for the political system, primarily through the use of the "Drug War". Drugs are more prevalent than ever and the proceeds are used primarily to corrupt political leaders, police, lawyers, judges and fill up the prison systems to become institutions of advanced criminality.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105011 Jun 2, 2012
Captain wrote:
Atheism and its favorite form of government, Communism, has introduced into the world a substitute for Christian religion. It is a counterfeit..
Okay, well, we're really all ancient Egyptians worshiping Ra, Anpu, Bastet, etc..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#105012 Jun 2, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
With sparks and fire and rabbits coming out all over, probably even Criss Angel levitating people.
You know it, Chris Angel for sure.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#105013 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, that was interesting. Stage magicians live in a word where con and tricks are apparent - I love their opinions on reality.
When scientists were testing some psychics - Uri Geller, I believe - they invited stage magicians to watch. Well, the scientists were all fooled and then afterwards the magicians showed them how Uri fooled them all!
hahaha, stupid scientists.
One recommends Penn and Teller...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#105014 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One recommends Penn and Teller...
hee, hee, hee!

The Borderland of Sol

#105015 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's, uhm, nicer this time? I think Boss is striving to be a moral person in this world and using Christianity as his model.
You're kinder than I am, it seems.

I find Boss intolerable.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105016 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One recommends Penn and Teller...
James .... RANDI!:p

The Borderland of Sol

#105017 Jun 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
| That reminds me you never cleared up this thing of everyone having the holy spirit. You were going to produce proof remember?
post #104082
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>no. You need the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit....
In order to be a living creature one has to be filled with the Holy Spirit, Genesis says so. Jesus said the Kingdom of God is inside everyone, too.
Therefore every human is filled with the Holy Spirit. Always have and always will.
You don't know much about that Bible you claim to read.
You are surely a child of Satan blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
----------
I’m going to keep this post saved and will keep bringing it up until you answer.
You think I’m going to let this go after you claimed you know the bible better than Christians.
So where is the proof????? I’m still waiting………………
You are going to wear this post like cologne.
Where does it say in the Bible every man has the holy spirit?
1 Corinthians 12:7. Look it up, dillweed.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." - KJV

The Borderland of Sol

#105018 Jun 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the girls always telling on the boys? Why?
Concession noted.

The Borderland of Sol

#105019 Jun 2, 2012
Tony Longfellow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. He does seem to be a kinder, gentler....
Wait a moment:
<quoted text>
And to think I was just beginning to like him -- in a pet rock sort of way.
I still prefer feral rocks, but that's just me.

The Borderland of Sol

#105020 Jun 2, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
A point I will happily concede.
Of course, I have to point out that in dead-tree books?
They already had "hyperlinks"-- it was called a Table Of Contents, with... page numbers....
:D
Indices and codices...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#105021 Jun 2, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
In Japan, we Japanese are born Shintoist and we die Buddhist, so it is said. I'm an atheist and don’t believe in either religion and think they’re nothing but fiction, please keep this in mind.

No one here cares about what Shinto tells us. We don’t wonder any greater meanings or take our morals from the Shinto deities. My family has a butsudan in our home, where our ancestors and house deity live. None of us worry what the deity thinks. We put rice and sake and beer on the shrine and it’s never consumed. It’s not going to judge us, it’s not going to damn us, it protects the house. Unlike the Abrahamic religions, it never – never – implores us to kill, rape or attack others. It doesn’t tell us to have slaves, or make slaves of others. None of us, quite frankly, care what it thinks and would never act as if the kamisama was talking to us. In fact, no crime is committed in Japan where the insane, who have killed people, claim "the kamisama told me to!" It never happens, has never happened in the entire history of Japan.

And likewise in Zen Buddhism. The Zen Buddha never tells you to kill. Rather, we are told that we can reach the Buddha by training to perfection. When your movement becomes perfect, you feel the hands of Buddha upon you. Once reaching that perfect state we no longer need to fight. From then on you will instantly know, without physical engagement, who is the stronger opponent. The outcome decided, the opponents agree and either go their own way or enjoy a drink together.
The Abrahamic religions are vile. They beseech you worshipers to rain hell among the unbelievers – you cannot tell me that is false. You have justified slavery and rape and murder from your Bible, Boss. You have no excuse, not in our day, not with our knowledge, not with our laws.
War is in your holy book like a disease.
Christianity tells us that people are sinful and are doomed to hell – a hell that God Almighty Created for people that displease Him – that “only by grace” we are saved. Jesus literally says "I am your only salvation." What could be more evil than to say "you were born human and will suffer, except for me"???
We all have idealized selves. We all have an image of who we should be in our heads. Younger, full of willpower, strong, moral. And we never live up to this person. We fail because of emotion, need, desire, circumstance – we all know what it is like to disappoint a loved one. And Christianity rapes these feelings of ours and tells us that to be human, to be the best we can be, is a sentence to eternal hell. Only the Christian deity can save us from this fate, from ourselves, and labels this failure "original sin".
What evil! What manipulation! How vile is that religion! And the Muslims claim no better with the Muslim religion – they have to pray 5 times a day to a dictator who knows their every action, who demands homage out of insecurity, who lies to them, telling them that they are His chosen people, the last to receive His message.
Don’t tell us that Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin were secular – they were steeped in religion. They knew very well, perhaps better than anyone, how the Abrahamic religions manipulate people and they put those devices into practice. Don’t condescend to us and lie about history. The worst excesses of the 20th century were taught to their dictators at the teats of Christianity. Look! They learned their lesson very well.
You cannot claim that religion is good for people. You cannot claim that the Abrahamic religions lead to spiritual growth based on the best of your religious scholars – intelligent, educated people who, universally, ignore the literal translation of all Abrahamic religious texts.
Your religions are vile. Damaging. Hateful to humanity.

The Borderland of Sol

#105022 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
:D
1. Never throw shit at an armed man.
1b. Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.
2. Never fire a laser at a mirror.
3. Mother Nature doesn't care if you're having fun.
4. F × S = k. The product of Freedom and Security is a constant. To gain more freedom of thought and/or action, you must give up some security, and vice versa
5. Psi and/or magical powers, if real, are nearly useless.
6. It is easier to destroy than create.
7. Any damn fool can predict the past.
8. History never repeats itself.
9. Ethics change with technology.
10. Anarchy is the least stable of social structures. It falls apart at a touch.
11. There is a time and place for tact. And there are times when tact is entirely misplaced.
12. The ways of being human are bounded but infinite.
13. The world's dullest subjects, in order:
Somebody else's diet.
How to make money for a worthy cause.
Special Interest Liberation.
14. The only universal message in science fiction: There exist minds that think as well as you do, but differently.
Niven's corollary: The gene-tampered turkey you're talking to isn't necessarily one of them.
15. Fuzzy Pink Niven's Law: Never waste calories.
16. There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.
in variant form in Fallen Angels as "Niven's Law: No cause is so noble that it won't attract fuggheads."[3]
17. No technique works if it isn't used.
18. Not responsible for advice not taken.
19. Old age is not for sissies.

The Borderland of Sol

#105023 Jun 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Prove it-- prove your monster-terror-god is "alive".
I have $100 for you, if you can prove it.
If the OT God is ever proven to be real, I will of course believe in it.

And immediately join the Resistance.

The Borderland of Sol

#105024 Jun 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Explain Consciousness......
Coffee.
Captain

Grand Junction, CO

#105025 Jun 2, 2012
The entire concept and philosophy of Communism is diametrically opposed to everything for which the Christian Church stands -belief in Deity, belief in the dignity and eternal nature of man, and the application of the gospel to efforts for peace in the world. Communism is militantly atheistic and is committed to the destruction of faith wherever it may be found. The Russian Commissar of Education wrote: "We must hate Christians and Christianity. Even the best of them must be considered our worst enemies. Christian love is an obstacle to the development of the revolution. Down with love for one's neighbor. What we want is hate. Only then shall we conquer the universe." On the other hand, the gospel teaches the existence of God as our Eternal and Heavenly Father and declares: "... him only shalt thou serve." (Matt. 4: 10.)
Communism debases the individual and makes him the enslaved tool of the state, to which he must look for sustenance and religion. Communism destroys man’s God-given free agency. No member of any Christian Church can be true to his faith, nor can any American be loyal to his trust, while lending aid, encouragement, or sympathy to any of these false philosophies.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#105026 Jun 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Could somebody please translate the above into English.
I know I make my fair share of typos but .... come on.
Word salad, no dressing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105027 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If the OT God is ever proven to be real, I will of course believe in it.
And immediately join the Resistance.
Screw that, if the OT god is proven real, I'm going to find the secret to immortality. Y'all have fun in that mess of an afterlife.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#105028 Jun 2, 2012
Captain wrote:
The entire concept and philosophy of Communism is diametrically opposed to everything for which the Christian Church stands -belief in Deity, belief in the dignity and eternal nature of man, and the application of the gospel to efforts for peace in the world. Communism is militantly atheistic and is committed to the destruction of faith wherever it may be found. The Russian Commissar of Education wrote: "We must hate Christians and Christianity. Even the best of them must be considered our worst enemies. Christian love is an obstacle to the development of the revolution. Down with love for one's neighbor. What we want is hate. Only then shall we conquer the universe." On the other hand, the gospel teaches the existence of God as our Eternal and Heavenly Father and declares: "... him only shalt thou serve." (Matt. 4: 10.)
Communism debases the individual and makes him the enslaved tool of the state, to which he must look for sustenance and religion. Communism destroys man’s God-given free agency. No member of any Christian Church can be true to his faith, nor can any American be loyal to his trust, while lending aid, encouragement, or sympathy to any of these false philosophies.
A point, make one.

The Borderland of Sol

#105030 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw that, if the OT god is proven real, I'm going to find the secret to immortality. Y'all have fun in that mess of an afterlife.
Hehehe.

You go, girl!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Clearwater 176,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min scaritual 817,327
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 41 min Classic 2,181
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,209
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 1 hr HipGnosis 69,882
Max consultant: Process after consulting job co... 1 hr max consultant 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 270,002
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 609,764
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Christina La Vey 578,722
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web