|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 22:3
的 am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today.
In Paul's own words! the man was a jew!
Acts is not written by Paul, you moron. All you did is prove another mistake in the Bible!

Paul's own words:

"I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin." Romans 11:1

Israelites and the Tribe of Benjamin are NOT JEWS.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you tell huge lies about the NT! you're a big liar the GRAND POOBAH
Just because you do not have a clue about your own religion and never read the Bible does not make those of us who do liars.

FOSOAD

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

fghf

“We Are Everywhere-Deal With It”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You demand that I accept your mythical jesus; why should I?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't, you ignorant twit.
Yes you do, lying sack of dung. You insist that I believe in your jesus.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I am convinced you are simply a pathological liar.
I am convinced you're a lying fundie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not a Jew. He thought there were four gods. He was a Roman citizen, he spike Greek.
He was a pagan according to any Jew of the time, Jesus, if he existed, would have refered to him as a pagan, a Greek, a dog and a pig.
He was also an admitted murderer and liar according to his own letters.
He believed in four gods, and thought jesus was the son of one of them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not a Jew. He thought there were four gods. He was a Roman citizen, he spike Greek.
He was a pagan according to any Jew of the time, Jesus, if he existed, would have refered to him as a pagan, a Greek, a dog and a pig.
He was also an admitted murderer and liar according to his own letters.
If he was a follower of the god of Abraham, he was not a Pagan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts is not written by Paul, you moron. All you did is prove another mistake in the Bible!
Paul's own words:
"I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin." Romans 11:1
Israelites and the Tribe of Benjamin are NOT JEWS.
They're not Pagans, either. They believe in the god of Abraham.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He believed in four gods, and thought jesus was the son of one of them?
He believed Jesus was the son of Zeus, making Jesus a god.
All Graeco-Roman paganism.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
If he was a follower of the god of Abraham, he was not a Pagan.
He doesn't say he believed in the god of Abraham, he says his ancestory is from Abraham and Benjamin. He also admits in his letters that he constanlty lied about himself to get people to follow him.

"To the Jews I presented myself as a Jew, to the Pagans I presented myself as a Pagan." A real people pleaser and salesamn!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He believed Jesus was the son of Zeus, making Jesus a god.
All Graeco-Roman paganism.
So he replaced the "mythical" name of Herakles (Hercules) with the "historical" name of jesus?

Like I said; the story of Hercules is just one of many bases for the mythical story of jesus. Thanks for reinforcing my point, although such reinforcement was unintentional on your part, I'm sure.

Maybe now we can go look for a historical strong man named Hercules.
Michael Lilquist

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

You atheists ALL believe in some things WITHOUT question and DEFINITELY without understanding.

I think that makes you the most ignorant of everyone here.

You assume the Christian didn't question. No. It's just that their questions ran a little deeper than the surface of their senses.

You flick the light-switch. You turn your car over. You have an expectation of a result that has NO BASIS in ANYTHING other than YOUR totally scientifically UN-verifiable experience.

What led you to the car in the first place?
Oh, you wanted to go to town?
Again! WHAT LED YOU TO THE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?

What was that? A belief based on past experience?

What a joke.

Fess up... It was faith... nothing more.
Sad But True

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Sunday, July 8, 2012
A reading from The KJV Rainbow Study Bible - Beautiful Bible!
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.(John 6:35) Selah!
I've got two books outside of my bible that I cherish.
One is titled "God Calling" and I just recently acquired this one called "Jesus Calling".
"Jesus Calling"
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.(John 15:11)
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(1 Cor. 13:12)
Seeking would be so much easier without all this complicated interference! I originally typed good morning churchies and religious folks in the subject box and felt a nudge to change it.
Just so you know.
Forgive me Jesus, I am so unimpressed with so many preachers - teachers - and so called religious folks.
No offense intended truly, but honestly - spirituality seems so challenging and it is because the babes interested make the mistake of watching some of the behavior of other professing .... and this and that too!
Know what I mean?
Examples - where are those we should be seeing?
Thank You Lord regardless.

I recommend trying Jesus again and forget these lousy Christian examples throughout!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Michael Lilquist wrote:
You atheists ALL believe in some things WITHOUT question and DEFINITELY without understanding....
Right. Non-christians don't possess *your* sense of "spiritual discernment and understanding."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

What has happened to this thread?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Michael Lilquist wrote:
You atheists ALL believe in some things WITHOUT question and DEFINITELY without understanding.
You assume the Christian didn't question. No. It's just that their questions ran a little deeper than the surface of their senses.
You flick the light-switch. You turn your car over. You have an expectation of a result that has NO BASIS in ANYTHING other than YOUR totally scientifically UN-verifiable experience.
What a joke.
Incorrect!!! Prior experience IS EVIDENCE. You get in the car, turn the key to start it because your past experience shows the car is reliable at doing this. You face east when you expect the horizon to rotate below the sun because your experience shows the earth's rotation is reliable at doing this.

You pray to your God because you are a brainwashed ninny, not because of any evidence or prior experience. There is no truth in faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Michael Lilquist wrote:
What does this mean, exactly? A more broad, meaningless statement which presumes to be all inclusive probably could not be composed.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
So, you are admitting that Christers are ignorant. Since your first statement has proven to be nothing more than palaver, this devolves into nothing more than a confession on your part.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
Please provide evidence for both of these statements.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
Haha. Really? Do you think electricity and eternal combustion are magic? That is very strange. Apparently you never owned a carbureted car with lousy compression in a cold 70s Winter.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
Unless you have an elevator for your cars like Mitt Romey and a huge gut, probably your nose and feet.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
What if I was already in town?
Michael Lilquist wrote:
Again, my feet. If you're going where ai think you are going with this, you are destroying the non-exultant free will excuse.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
How does a belief based on past experience cause a desire to "go to town".
Michael Lilquist wrote:
What a joke.
Yes, that would be an apt self descriptive.
Michael Lilquist wrote:
You are all over the map here withnyour attempted points, none of which display a modicum of critical though or an ounce of congruency. You diminish religious Faith by conflating it with everyday faith, the definitions of which are not convergent. In the example above of the carbureted car in the 70s, there was never an expectation that it would turn over on the first try on a cold Winter morning. This was based on evidence and experience. With a modern, fuel injected car, with a new battery, and a tank full of the berry juice of God's Favorite People, evidence and experience definitely lead to the "faith" that a turn of the key will start it.

You diminish the Faith expressed as necessary in Da Booble by comparing it to expecting a light bulb to light with the flick of a switch. That is very strange.

I'm not certain what the point of your post was. It was a hot mess, though. Please continue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect!!! Prior experience IS EVIDENCE. You get in the car, turn the key to start it because your past experience shows the car is reliable at doing this. You face east when you expect the horizon to rotate below the sun because your experience shows the earth's rotation is reliable at doing this.
You pray to your God because you are a brainwashed ninny, not because of any evidence or prior experience. There is no truth in faith.
Much more succinct than mine, but the point is the same. What's up, Ooogs?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Sad But True wrote:
Sunday, July 8, 2012
A reading from The KJV Rainbow Study Bible - Beautiful Bible!
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.(John 6:35) Selah!
I've got two books outside of my bible that I cherish.
One is titled "God Calling" and I just recently acquired this one called "Jesus Calling".
"Jesus Calling"
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.(John 15:11)
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(1 Cor. 13:12)
Seeking would be so much easier without all this complicated interference! I originally typed good morning churchies and religious folks in the subject box and felt a nudge to change it.
Just so you know.
Forgive me Jesus, I am so unimpressed with so many preachers - teachers - and so called religious folks.
No offense intended truly, but honestly - spirituality seems so challenging and it is because the babes interested make the mistake of watching some of the behavior of other professing .... and this and that too!
Know what I mean?
Examples - where are those we should be seeing?
Thank You Lord regardless.
I recommend trying Jesus again and forget these lousy Christian examples throughout!
I tried Jesus but his cousin's company, Perez Lanscape Design, we're much better.

Your post was as unimpressive as those you decry. Your attempt to divorce the Faith from the religion and its craven actors is just the latest schismatic ploy by those crafty enough to realize that the blatant, money-grubbing hypocrisy of Christer, Inc. has worn on the populace.(Evidence that the concept did not originate with you.) The emperor has no clothes and the youth can see it. Christer, Inc. is dying a deserved death.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Michael Lilquist wrote:
What a joke.
What a silly analogy. It's been used a hundred times here.

There is an expectation of a light turning on because you pay your electric bill, change the bulbs and have experienced the light coming on when you flip the switch. The bulb is tangible and visible. The results of electricity going to the connection to the bulb is visible as light when it turns on. The same applies to the car analogy. Car is visible and tangible. By experience you know that most likely it will turn on.
There is no faith involved in either as they are tangible items rather than something invisible that you can't turn a switch and turn on or off.

Please learn how to make an analogy before calling others names.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
What has happened to this thread?
You were missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 367,801 - 367,820 of440,900
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••