Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#369113 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You baited her on that. You claimed that you Know the Bible is untruthful. Aren't you pulling the same trick ?
They canl;t figure that out any more than you can figure out why I think the Bible (and other texts) are loaded with truths.
Do Aesop's fables contain truths? or do we call it a worthless pack of lies.
I hope you see what I am getting at.
I think you are full of hockey

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#369114 Mar 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
....Someone back in my family line decided to adopt and adapt Aradia's teachings with the old Etruscan ways she was raised in, which resulted in my family's tradition.
So you believe in the folklore of Tuscany.

Interesting.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#369115 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
....Abraham invented the "one, true" god and claimed to be its spokesmouth. Si? In an effort to become a tribal leader and to gain control over the local Bronze Age goat f**kers?....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the Bible is a book of facts ?
Certainly not. That is why I put "one, true god" in quote marks. I am convinced that the bible is an inextricable blend of stolen mythology and a pack of lies, with just enough history thrown in to give it the appearance of ďtruth.Ē
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Myth and tribal folklore.
Abram is as real as King Arthur or Lancelot.
I don't doubt that; I *do* doubt his word.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>The Tao Te Ching is not a religious work. It is philosophy. Tao is not "God".
I know.

From "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Taoism": "Taoism can be approached from either direction (is it a religion or a philosophy?)"

Continued: "Do Taoists Believe in God? To the extent that the word 'God' refers to a creator of nature, or a supernatural person with a 'plan' for humans in particular, or a supernatural ruler and judge, the best answer is probably 'no.' To the extent that the word 'God' refers to some unknown meaning or purpose of nature, or the guide that operates in natural and human action, then the best answer is probably 'yes.' If one's conception of God does not preclude God from being everywhere, all at once, then religious Taoism is likely to complement that conception. In a sense, Taoist religiosity expresses itself in awe of nature itself, rather than in awe of an imagined creator or author of nature."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#369116 Mar 17, 2012
1. Do No Harm.(Realizing the impracticality & impossibility of that, I look at it more as "Do as Little Harm as Possible.")
2. What goes around, comes around.
3. "All Acts of Love and Compassion are My Rituals." ....
1. Go and sin no more.(as yours, impossible. do the best you can)
2. As you judge so shall you be judge.
3. Love God and Love people, even your enemies. Upon this all the rituals and commandments hang.

Seems you have a lot in common with Jesus. <smile>

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369117 Mar 17, 2012
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
People professing christ have done many things that are wrong. But that doesn't make christ teachings wrong. It makes those professing to be representing Christ wrong.
The God I believe in is Jehoavah.
If a person believes they have to eat a balogna sandwich every day to be saved, they better eat a balogna sandwich every day. I'm not saying you have to eat a balogna sandwich. I'm saying you have to be true towhat you believe. If you seek the truth, it will be found. And you will be freed from your own misunderstandings.
I have no misunderstandings about christianity.

Christianity is a blend of stolen mythology and outright lies. It's also drenched in about as much blood as is Islam.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369119 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You might want to put more emphasis on wanting to be honest, to stop trying to prove yourself beautiful and actually become beautiful. What's on the outside counts for very little. There will come a day when outer beauty fades.
Try being a person other people can love. That's the way people will know whether Jesus loves you or not. You have to 'be' what you proclaim. You, so far, have not done that.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text> There you go jumping to conclusions again.
Who said I was speaking of my outer beauty?
YOU did. Remember this?
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>What inadequacies? I am tall, beautiful and Jesus loves me...what more could I want?
And now you are repeating it:
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text> I am beautiful inside and out, which includes, honesty, integrity, respectfulness, intelligence...etc, etc
Youíre just filled with self-praise, arenít you?

I think you have traveled beyond the realm of narcissism, and are now entering the land of hubris.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369120 Mar 17, 2012
-Purple Haze- wrote:
<quoted text>Except your god doesn't empirically exist.
Interview 100 Christians and each will think they are properly representing Christ and the other 99 are wrong. This is one of the reasons rational people know it's all a bunch of crap.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have meant to say inteview 100 professed christians. For only God truely knows a persons heart.
And according to the christians, only christians know the mind of "God."

The more I correspond with christians here, the more I despise christianity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#369121 Mar 17, 2012
...Continued: "Do Taoists Believe in God? To the extent that the word 'God' refers to a creator of nature, or a supernatural person with a 'plan' for humans in particular, or a supernatural ruler and judge, the best answer is probably 'no.' To the extent that the word 'God' refers to some unknown meaning or purpose of nature, or the guide that operates in natural and human action, then the best answer is probably 'yes.' If one's conception of God does not preclude God from being everywhere, all at once, then religious Taoism is likely to complement that conception. In a sense, Taoist religiosity expresses itself in awe of nature itself, rather than in awe of an imagined creator or author of nature."
One can be an atheist and grasp the Tao.
Is Quantuum mechanics philosophy or religion ?

I have a book (in storage at the moment) writen by a physicist that use the Tao to explain quantuum mechanics...or is it vice versa. LOL

The Philosophical school of Taism thinks (and rightly so) that the religion "Taoism" is a made up crock that hasn't a clue about the Tao Te Ching.

For exampe. Chuang Tzu said it is easy to be invisible, just blend in with everyone around you. The Taoist religion (based on Chang's statement) says that there are magic potions that can make you invisible. Same way Christianity bastardizes the words of Jesus.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369122 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on investigations at the 10,000 year old temple at Gobekle Tepe, It is currently believed that religion was the basis for the transition from hunter gather to an agrarian society and civilization.
That would make religion more important to the rise of modern man than anything else in the last two million years.
According to the 40,000 year old cave paintings in southern France, religion was also practiced by hunter/gatherers.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#369123 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Christianity is a blend of stolen mythology and outright lies. It's also drenched in about as much blood as is Islam.
True. Born out by the history of Christianity since 325 AD.

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

out your transgressions

#369124 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Then you should know that "truth" and "bible" are mutually exclusive.
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?
I believe it for myself.
You, however are stating what YOU believe is truth and that is according to you the bible is a lie...of which I believe the bible is truth.
We can agree to disagree...Agreed?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369125 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I just think Chills is "teachable" and not a closed-minded fundie.
Lost and confused? Yes. Were'nt we all at somepoint. I haven't learned everything yet, haven't met anyone who has.
Have you ever seen that movie "The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao?"

Tony Randall played this elderly Chinese gent who brought this fantastic & mystical circus to a small desert town. In a way, it's almost a Circus of Tao. People go there hoping to be entertained, but instead they are showed the truth of what they really are; and They Don't Like It One Little Bit. Anyway, there's this one part where Dr. Lao is talking to Billy, this ten- or twelve-year-old kid. He asks him, "Billy, do you know what 'wisdom' is?" And Billy kinda thinks it over for a second or two, then says, "No." Dr. Lao smiled at him and said, "Wise answer."

Christians think they are "wise" because they believe the bible (and at the same time, the bible denigrates wisdom). They tell themselves they have all the answers...when in reality, they got nothin' but egotism.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369126 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I have not found this to be true. I have found chills to be dishonest by changing the words around in posts to make them sound like they meant something that agrees with her viewpoint when they clearly did not.'She' has not been reasonable, if by reasonable you mean stating things that have reason behind them. All 'she' has done is a long and unending bunch of posts full of things she clearly does not understand.
But we can agree to disagree on this. This is a thread for non-Christians. Most of the non-Christians here are miles ahead of Biblical knowledge than the fundies who come here spouting random bible verses, as has Chills. Her behavior here is deplorable.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>uuumm, you are speaking about your own self. Take your own advice and look inside yourself...Pleeez
it seems to really bother you when someone else sees good in me.
There's more of that self-praise I mentioned.

out your transgressions

#369127 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You might want to put more emphasis on wanting to be honest, to stop trying to prove yourself beautiful and actually become beautiful. What's on the outside counts for very little. There will come a day when outer beauty fades.
Try being a person other people can love. That's the way people will know whether Jesus loves you or not. You have to 'be' what you proclaim. You, so far, have not done that.
<quoted text>
YOU did. Remember this?
<quoted text>
And now you are repeating it:
<quoted text>
Youíre just filled with self-praise, arenít you?
I think you have traveled beyond the realm of narcissism, and are now entering the land of hubris.
I have to with all the cut down I get. If I don't I might fall into depression or worse. I can't depend on others to show me my self worth. So, I have to depend on God to show me. I should speak it to build myself up when I'm feeling down. That's how I deal with things sometimes. I see and know what the truth is. You all don't know me. I am sorry for sounding like I am full of myself. Quite the contrary, I have had low self esteem for too much of my life and I am learning to turn it around.
I hope this helps.

out your transgressions

#369128 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
This is yet another one of your "opinions"

out your transgressions

#369129 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way; I'm not running around like the fundies, screaming "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE OR YOU'RE GOING TO HELLLLLLLLL!!"
Pagans don't look for recruits; we believe everyone must find their own path, and that there are many paths to the Divine.
<quoted text>
I was born to it, and I have no reason to change it.
<quoted text>
That's rather a personal question for a stranger such as you to be asking, but since we're all anonymous here, I'll answer:
It's called Stregheria. La Vecchia Religione de Stegheria. The "Old Ways," or the "Old Religion of (Italian) Witchcraft."
We see Nature as the Divine. We don't have a "bible" or a "rule book" or a "word of god" that's widely open to be interpreted however one wants to interpret it; our beliefs come from Nature Herself.
About the only rules we *do* have are:
1. Do No Harm.(Realizing the impracticality & impossibility of that, I look at it more as "Do as Little Harm as Possible.")
2. What goes around, comes around.
3. "All Acts of Love and Compassion are My Rituals." The Goddess, according to Aradia, a 14th century wise woman, teacher of the Craft, and who was considered by some to be an Avatar.
Someone back in my family line decided to adopt and adapt Aradia's teachings with the old Etruscan ways she was raised in, which resulted in my family's tradition.
Very interesting! thank you for sharing an honest answer to your beliefs and family line. i learned something new today. I appreciate that!

out your transgressions

#369130 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You baited her on that. You claimed that you Know the Bible is untruthful. Aren't you pulling the same trick ?
They canl;t figure that out any more than you can figure out why I think the Bible (and other texts) are loaded with truths.
Do Aesop's fables contain truths? or do we call it a worthless pack of lies.
I hope you see what I am getting at.
Very good observation Duane. Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369131 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you and let me assure you I am much more than you realize. I am sorry that I haven't done a good job at portraying that here.
You still have every chance. That doesn't mean those who distrust you will immediately trust you, but when someone tries it's noticed by some of us.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#369132 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why not offer to have a discussion on her beliefs instead since she doesn't believe in the Christian mythos nor any of its attending support data?....

Kait has been the target of almost every Christian on Topix. She finally just started treating them with the disrespect they treated her. I know that feeling. I tried to be nice to everyone when I first came on Topix. I have lost all patience doing that.
Maybe just for today we can skip over the biting people's heads off. I don't know that I can, but I'm going to try not to call anyone an idiot today. It may be a small goal, but it's a goal.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I have NEVER disrespected her(Kait) but yet she continues to disrespect me.
Oh, yeah?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I been hateful and vile? You are thinking of your wolf witch friend.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who's hateful and vile, liar; WN was talking about your brother in christ, LS who wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you were being deliberately decietful, if nothing else.

But I understand your need to lie.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369133 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me anything I have said that is the opposite.
I've pointed out to you when you were dishonest. I'm not the only one who has. Remarks like you made about 'maybe they're ashamed' of their religion is just so disrespectful it's not even calculable. But you act as though you don't know what anyone is talking about. If you are so incapable of understanding that, I may have been incorrect about you being smart enough to grasp other things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 554,887
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 263,450
Moses never existed 7 min Poov 556
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dave Nelson 764,564
Barack Obama's birth certificate: Where is trut... 25 min Caesar 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min waaasssuuup 603,611
Blacks so Stupid to Burn they're own houses 1 hr yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE