TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Wassuppp is a fairy wrote:
<quoted text>No, you created straw men about me not wanting others to post here and then argued against that. Why?
I stated my opinion about the questions that I asked. If you choose not to answer that is fine.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

"Wassuppp is a fairy"

Sounds like the opposite of a fundie troll.

Makes us real nonchristians and atheists look like a-holes.

<face palm>

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

Since: Apr 11

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>On a spiritual level, we can't EVER know if someone is right. If the God of the Bible (or any other God) is real, then we have no way of knowing how they are using the person.
But yet you have bashed me several times stating I am deceptive for believing the God of the bible is real. You have stated several times that you know for a fact the God of the bible has been disproven. So, why now are you recanting that statement now?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>By the way, I never claimed you attacked me, so, that is also a falsehood. Why?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

1. Take the words of others and create strawmen to attack, as you just did here.

The above is your original post to me. Notice in your first statement that you said that I took the words of others...created strawmen to "ATTACK"...you accused me of having done that.

So no...I did not post a falsehood.

Time to move on...

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>No one ever called you a liar for posting those 'miracles'. A few posters pointed out how they were not miraculous at all. That is not calling you a liar but pointing out reality to you. That you claim they called you a liar makes you a liar.
They said I was deceptive for believing. And they were miraculous. God made miracles happen in my life. So, you must be a poster who was around at the time of those postings under a different name now. Talk about being deceptive!

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
She's afraid to address anything *I* post.
<quoted text>
Not to me, she hasn't.
WN and I stated that Pagans don't do door-to-door recruitment, and chills petulantly asked if it was because we were "ashamed." We just don't happen to believe in proselytizing. That, and we keep to ourselves out of a tradition that was born from necessity; secrecy was our survival, publicity was our death.
<quoted text>
I only kick people in the groin when they deserve it.
(snipped for brevity....) <quoted text>
Oh, I agree; but fundies have nothing to teach, and much to learn. I've never met anyone so resistant to learning as fundamentalist christians who demand that we believe their claims that the buybull is the literal word of their god.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stereotyping all Christians as Fundies.
My experience on Topix demonstrates that the vast majority of the christians *here* are fundies.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Seems as soon as you see someone who believes in God you think they are a clueless Fundie.
I never said any such thing. Brother Marine and Al Garcia, on the "Prove there's a god" thread, are in no way fundies; they also have my utmost respect.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You have not been here long enough to know who is sincere and who is an idiot. I aim that comment at both theists and atheists alike.
I've got a pretty good idea of who's who. Whom. Whatever.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>So far, I think you are smart but you are acting like an idiot.
As opposed to the buybull thumpers like chills and LS and waaasssuuup--good christians all who "know the mind of christ"--who are so dazzling and brilliant?

Give me a f*ckin' break.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies.
What are your beliefs if I may ask ?
My wife is Wiccan.
I am Strega; it's a Tuscan form of Witchcraft that dates back to the days of the Etruscans. My maternal line goes back some eight generations in it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way; I'm not running around like the fundies, screaming "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE OR YOU'RE GOING TO HELLLLLLLLL!!"
Pagans don't look for recruits; we believe everyone must find their own path, and that there are many paths to the Divine.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Chills tell you that?
Not in those exact words, I admit I do..."embellish" that a tad... but the implication is certainly clear; christianity states that anyone not a christian will burn in "hell," "lake of fire," "lake of death," or whatever euphemism they choose to give it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way; I'm not running around like the fundies, screaming "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE OR YOU'RE GOING TO HELLLLLLLLL!!"
Pagans don't look for recruits; we believe everyone must find their own path, and that there are many paths to the Divine.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, not overtly.
My college roommate was a nice Christian lad and by his second year with me he had joined the Druid campus organization. Funny how open honest discussion works. I was a Taoist minister at the time.
*That's* gotta be a cool gig!
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text> HAd a nice JW couple visit one afternoon, they left with a copy of the Tao Te Ching. I never got my copy of watchtower. <smile>
LMAO!!!!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
Good morning all...Happy St. Patty's Day to ya!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gUPt8yXP3-gXX
What a cool video! Thanks for the link!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>If you are going to post your thoughts on a public forum, they are automatically fair game. That you are incapable of understanding this, Timmah, speaks volumes. And yes, Tim with the numbers. Nice tell.
OK, Think what you want.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Frankie the Fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there are!
The triad of the death-burial- and resurrection scenario predates xtianity by many millenia.
This Jesus concept is a latter invention to manipulate and control the masses.
Interesting

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>I run to the truth....
Then you should know that "truth" and "bible" are mutually exclusive.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>I know the truth and the truth set me free! Praise God forevermore!
See what I mean, G_O_D?

Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?
Interesting Opinion. I'll think on that one.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

If all you want to do is see who can piss highest with fundies then be my guest. I am not playing that game.
People who have something I think is worthwhile to discuss I am all ears, even if they are Biblethimpers or card carrying atheists.

I wish we had met on a different thread. I bet we would get along well. This place is too charged to make good first impressions.
If I rubbed you the wrong way I am sorry. Chills has had some good discussions with me here and in T-mail. I am a bit protective. I would kich her butt if she plays the troll here. I am not on here much though so maybe I am TOO protective.

As for B-MAn, he is a good guy. I have had long talks with him and he respects my views even thought they are far from his. Give him a chance, he means no harm nor conversions.

Blassings be, to you from me
<quoted text>
She's afraid to address anything *I* post.
<quoted text>
Not to me, she hasn't.
WN and I stated that Pagans don't do door-to-door recruitment, and chills petulantly asked if it was because we were "ashamed." We just don't happen to believe in proselytizing. That, and we keep to ourselves out of a tradition that was born from necessity; secrecy was our survival, publicity was our death.
<quoted text>
I only kick people in the groin when they deserve it.
(snipped for brevity....) <quoted text>
Oh, I agree; but fundies have nothing to teach, and much to learn. I've never met anyone so resistant to learning as fundamentalist christians who demand that we believe their claims that the buybull is the literal word of their god.
<quoted text>
My experience on Topix demonstrates that the vast majority of the christians *here* are fundies.
<quoted text>
I never said any such thing. Brother Marine and Al Garcia, on the "Prove there's a god" thread, are in no way fundies; they also have my utmost respect.
<quoted text>
I've got a pretty good idea of who's who. Whom. Whatever.
<quoted text>
As opposed to the buybull thumpers like chills and LS and waaasssuuup--good christians all who "know the mind of christ"--who are so dazzling and brilliant?
Give me a f*ckin' break.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Just for curiousity sake....Who told you about the "path" you chose? How did you come to learn about it?
I was born to it, and I have no reason to change it.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text> And furthermore, what is it?
That's rather a personal question for a stranger such as you to be asking, but since we're all anonymous here, I'll answer:

It's called Stregheria. La Vecchia Religione de Stegheria. The "Old Ways," or the "Old Religion of (Italian) Witchcraft."

We see Nature as the Divine. We don't have a "bible" or a "rule book" or a "word of god" that's widely open to be interpreted however one wants to interpret it; our beliefs come from Nature Herself.

About the only rules we *do* have are:

1. Do No Harm.(Realizing the impracticality & impossibility of that, I look at it more as "Do as Little Harm as Possible.")

2. What goes around, comes around.

3. "All Acts of Love and Compassion are My Rituals." The Goddess, according to Aradia, a 14th century wise woman, teacher of the Craft, and who was considered by some to be an Avatar.

Someone back in my family line decided to adopt and adapt Aradia's teachings with the old Etruscan ways she was raised in, which resulted in my family's tradition.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
You baited her on that. You claimed that you Know the Bible is untruthful. Aren't you pulling the same trick ?

They canl;t figure that out any more than you can figure out why I think the Bible (and other texts) are loaded with truths.

Do Aesop's fables contain truths? or do we call it a worthless pack of lies.

I hope you see what I am getting at.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

To everyone on this thread.
It was nice visiting with you. Take care till next time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You baited her on that. You claimed that you Know the Bible is untruthful. Aren't you pulling the same trick ?
They canl;t figure that out any more than you can figure out why I think the Bible (and other texts) are loaded with truths.
Do Aesop's fables contain truths? or do we call it a worthless pack of lies.
I hope you see what I am getting at.
I think you are full of hockey

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

....Someone back in my family line decided to adopt and adapt Aradia's teachings with the old Etruscan ways she was raised in, which resulted in my family's tradition.
So you believe in the folklore of Tuscany.

Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Truth 537,433
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hukt on Fonix 730,935
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Tim Osman 117,894
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min HipGnozizzz 173,023
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min Top cutted 19cm 698
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Porkpie Hat 259,396
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 21 min honkeyman 1,445
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••