|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way; I'm not running around like the fundies, screaming "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE OR YOU'RE GOING TO HELLLLLLLLL!!"
Pagans don't look for recruits; we believe everyone must find their own path, and that there are many paths to the Divine.
When did Chills tell you that?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way; I'm not running around like the fundies, screaming "YOU MUST BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE OR YOU'RE GOING TO HELLLLLLLLL!!"
Pagans don't look for recruits; we believe everyone must find their own path, and that there are many paths to the Divine.
Hmmmm, not overtly.
My college roommate was a nice Christian lad and by his second year with me he had joined the Druid campus organization. Funny how open honest discussion works. I was a Taoist minister at the time. HAd a nice JW couple visit one afternoon, they left with a copy of the Tao Te Ching. I never got my copy of watchtower. <smile>

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
Bahamas? Florida?
Cabo?
South Flawda. Hehehe.

“Now I know how strong I can be”

Since: May 07

Marthastown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Theology" is much the same as "Cryptozoology" or "Astrology".
Sounds good to the ignorant, but in no way science.
It was Bigfoot day on TLC or Discovery or one of those the other day. All day long, shows about Bigfoot, some of them were pretty convincing.

Since: Oct 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

your dead aborted baby wrote:
104,496 posts out of first place.
You seem to be the only one concerned about it. First, the thread was declared dead by you on five occasions and now, it's not in first place. It must really suck to have your brain.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter to me who does it. I consider it an insult to God and an indication of someones faith being in their own cleverness rather than God. This is my oppinion. I think I will discontinue this line of discusion. It is of no gain. There are none here that are responsible for those decisions. If ther were, I would have no problem voicing my concerns.
The imaginary can't be insulted.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Good morning all...Happy St. Patty's Day to ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

"Like the bee gathering honey from the different flowers, the wise person accepts the essence of the different scriptures and sees only the good in all religions."
- Mahatma Gandhi

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

Since: Apr 11

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're afraid of the truth.
Coward.
I run to the truth....I know the truth and the truth set me free! Praise God forevermore!

Good morning ALL! Happy Saint Patricks Day!

I have a little Saint Patty's Day toast for Y'all...I think you will like it.

Here's to the bee
That stung the bull
That got the bull to buckin
Here's to Adam and to Eve
That got us all to (?!&@?!)

Enjoy your day....Cheers!

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Chills tell you that?
Thanks Duane, That's not my style. When I share about my faith I never minister in that way.

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stereotyping all Christians as Fundies.
Seems as soon as you see someone who believes in God you think they are a clueless Fundie.
You have not been here long enough to know who is sincere and who is an idiot. I aim that comment at both theists and atheists alike.
So far, I think you are smart but you are acting like an idiot.
You were really on a roll last night Duane...Keep it up! Gotta love it!

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just for curiousity sake....Who told you about the "path" you chose? How did you come to learn about it? And furthermore, what is it?

out your transgressions

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're afraid of the truth.
Coward.
<quoted text>
Then why does she dodge and deflect, and act like a kid, rather than answer a direct question?
I'll answer that for you....I answer questions that deserve to be answered....And unfortunately I answer some that don't deserve it.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

<quoted text>
....Abraham invented the "one, true" god and claimed to be its spokesmouth. Si? In an effort to become a tribal leader and to gain control over the local Bronze Age goat f**kers?....
You think the Bible is a book of facts ?

Myth and tribal folklore.
Abram is as real as King Arthur or Lancelot.

The Tao Te Ching is not a religious work. It is philosophy. Tao is not "God".

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
"Like the bee gathering honey from the different flowers, the wise person accepts the essence of the different scriptures and sees only the good in all religions."
- Mahatma Gandhi
I like religions. The religious not so much.

<tips his hat to Ghandi>

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Thought these were words of truth...

Ghandi said of peace,

的f we are to reach real peace in this world and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with children and if they will grow up in their natural innocence, we won稚 have the struggle, we won稚 have to pass fruitless idle resolutions, but we shall go from love to love and peace to peace, until at last all the corners of the world are covered with that peace and love for which consciously or unconsciously, the whole world is hungering.

Gandhi's Prayer for Peace

I offer you peace.
I offer you love.
I offer you friendship.
I see your beauty.
I hear your need.
I feel your feelings.
My wisdom flows from the highest source.
I salute that source in you.
Let us work together.
For unity and peace.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Black Elk: Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux, 1863-1950

"The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us."

Black Elk

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for your input. I was trying to keep it simple. That kind of seems the best way to go most of the time on here.
You're right...the Goddess of the Roman harvest is very interesting. In fact, most myths are interesting in their own way. I guess I should have included in that information that Pamona's celebration was on Nov 1 and that is why Pope Gregory III designated Nov 1 as All Saints Day. What is truly interesting is how a newer religion always borrows from older ones in order to obtain more converts.
<quoted text>
That's exactly what christianity did back in around 370CE.
<quoted text>
Which god?
godchecker.com
People professing christ have done many things that are wrong. But that doesn't make christ teachings wrong. It makes those professing to be representing Christ wrong.
The God I believe in is Jehoavah.
If a person believes they have to eat a balogna sandwich every day to be saved, they better eat a balogna sandwich every day. I'm not saying you have to eat a balogna sandwich. I'm saying you have to be true towhat you believe. If you seek the truth, it will be found. And you will be freed from your own misunderstandings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

-Purple Haze- wrote:
<quoted text>The imaginary can't be insulted.
It is said that insanity is a hair form genius. Keep working on it, your almost there.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
People professing christ have done many things that are wrong. But that doesn't make christ teachings wrong. It makes those professing to be representing Christ wrong.
The God I believe in is Jehoavah.
If a person believes they have to eat a balogna sandwich every day to be saved, they better eat a balogna sandwich every day. I'm not saying you have to eat a balogna sandwich. I'm saying you have to be true towhat you believe. If you seek the truth, it will be found. And you will be freed from your own misunderstandings.
Except your god doesn't empirically exist.

Interview 100 Christians and each will think they are properly representing Christ and the other 99 are wrong. This is one of the reasons rational people know it's all a bunch of crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 352,541 - 352,560 of440,856
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••