Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Judged:

I'm slavic and the word slave comes from the Slavic
Can I get repletions for my ancestors?
It's hard in my everyday life knowing my ancestors were slaves... it's unfair!!
y people were treated like animals and I don;t think society is giving us slavic people the right advantages to get ahead like the rest of you people!!!
At least the black slaves here get something!!!
What do my people get dammit!!
Badger

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Judged:

It's reparations...not repreations. Drunk are we? Sniffing gasoline?
Glasnos

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Apocalypse666 wrote:
I'm slavic and the word slave comes from the Slavic
Can I get repletions for my ancestors?
It's hard in my everyday life knowing my ancestors were slaves... it's unfair!!
y people were treated like animals and I don;t think society is giving us slavic people the right advantages to get ahead like the rest of you people!!!
At least the black slaves here get something!!!
What do my people get dammit!!
Get a grip!
What is owed is an apology from black leaders linking all whites with slavery.
This is no more just than linking all blacks to the tremendous crime rate of the black community. 52% of the homicides in america from 12% of the population?
We won't lock up all blacks for criminal acts ... if blacks stop blaming all whites for a small proportion of white bad behavior.
Buddy

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip!
What is owed is an apology from black leaders linking all whites with slavery.
This is no more just than linking all blacks to the tremendous crime rate of the black community. 52% of the homicides in america from 12% of the population?
We won't lock up all blacks for criminal acts ... if blacks stop blaming all whites for a small proportion of white bad behavior.
Don't forget the mass rapes, killings and slavery going on right now in the Sudan, Congo, Darfur etc. etc. etc.

Since: Mar 08

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Uhhh Why are you giving my peoples lime light to the blacks?
We were enslaved dammit!!!!!
So what blacks were slaves too not on topic.
Thats them not us.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

Badger wrote:
It's reparations...not repreations. Drunk are we? Sniffing gasoline?
My ancestors were denied an education and it affects us in the modern world.
tojoi

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

Apo, do disrespect to your enslaved ancestors, but they were not enslaved HERE for 400 years. They did not separated from their identity, families and religion in order to launch THIS country into its current prosperity.

ps - Reparations. OK. Get the term right before you attempt to argue your point. Its not "repletions."

“I was Phillip before.”

Since: Dec 07

New England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

I never thought of this and think this is a great post

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

tojoi wrote:
Apo, do disrespect to your enslaved ancestors, but they were not enslaved HERE for 400 years. They did not separated from their identity, families and religion in order to launch THIS country into its current prosperity.
ps - Reparations. OK. Get the term right before you attempt to argue your point. Its not "repletions."
Uhhh duh my people were denied education so you have a mute point in giving me a grammar lesson.
Secondly my people were enslved here for a time to in the begining before they decided that whites could only be indentured servants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Don't you know the pilgims had slaves? Of the half that died during the first winter who do you think died!?!?! Mostly us Slavic slaves!!!
We were still being passed around as slaves!!
any of our familys were put into perminant servitude and generation after generation our debt was still not paid for the loss of worth Slavic slave owners lost.
They switched it from slave to endentured servant!
It's not a well known fact.
TheTimeIsNow

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

As I understand it advocates of slave reparations want the reparations from the US government and only hold the US government accountable for slavery that occured under its jurisdiction.

The US wasn't a country yet, so your argument that you should get reparations from the US(I assume that's what you meant) fails. But you might have a point about whether Great Britain should be giving you reparations, because Massachusetts was a British colony.
kat

Trois-riviŤres, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2008

Judged:

The muslim slave masters should surrender their oil reserves and minerals as repatriations to christians and jews for the last 2000 years of offensive crimes against humanity. Anyone who objects should have to attend a mosque and be beaten according to shira laws. Oh yes, and to live under the boot of a muslim master.
formally abducted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2008

TheTimeIsNow wrote:
As I understand it advocates of slave reparations want the reparations from the US government and only hold the US government accountable for slavery that occured under its jurisdiction.
The US wasn't a country yet, so your argument that you should get reparations from the US(I assume that's what you meant) fails. But you might have a point about whether Great Britain should be giving you reparations, because Massachusetts was a British colony.
agree,also states rights,property laws before and after the cival war ect.it would take decades in court to lose this case,however it is used by many to gain attention,in closed political brainstorming sessions these issues are known in quiet circles as 'road to nowhere issues'and are used by any and all to great political advantage,in the 'hope of gain'and 'fear of loss' tactics,i guess we are not that far off from rome,'give them bread and the circus'and make them greatful they are not among those standing in the arena.
VeeJay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Judged:

tojoi wrote:
Comment to tojoi post of 2008. Blacks have had it rough, no doubt. But what you state is myth. Blacks have not been slaves for 400 years. Though black slaves were introduced into North America in the 1600's, the United States of America is less than 250 years old. Slavery officially ended with Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation around 150 years ago.

There were white slaves in American also. They were not ďindentured servants.Ē They were slaves as much or more than blacks. They were treated worse than black slaves, even by black slaves. All slaves anywhere at anytime in world history are separated from family, etc. That is not unique to African slaves in America.

95% plus of all African slave trade in New World was in Central and South America. Black slaves did not build this country. 2% of the southern population owned black (and white) slaves for picking cotton and other plantation crops. Picking cotton in a field did not create the mighty American, world-dominating industrial powerhouse. Plantation slavery was on its way out anyway with the introduction of the cotton gin.

Reparations (and repletions) have already been paid with something far more valuable than money. Over 646,000 paid with their lives during Civil War. Every race and nation in the ancient world up to present modern times has practiced slavery. Slavery was not an American invention. Black African countries made African slave trade possible. During modern times, African slavery was a robust trade hundreds of years before the discovery of the New World. Black African slavery has not diminished in Africa and continues until present day. Undoubtedly, your ancestors had slaves.

Using this standard, black African slavery is over 1,000 years old, not a hundred or so years in only America. During the modern slavery period, an argument could be made Slavic people have had it the worse. Could that be why the word "slave" comes from the name of the Slavic people? None of this early American history has anything to do with 21st Century American blacks. Blacks are free to do whatever they want. Quit bellyaching and using ancient history to justify your shortcomings, and/or laziness to progress. I have two black friends that both told me,ďthank God for slavery.Ē Why do you think they said that?

Besides all this, the person who started this discussion is Slavic. He is asking about Slavic people, not blacks. Blacks have enough places where they can piss and moan. If you want to talk to this person, post your myths elsewhere and address his questions. Blacks are not the center of the universe. Answer him or get lost.
VeeJay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

tojoi wrote:
Forgot to mention, quit commenting on proper English. "They did not separated from..." could use a little fixing.
Wont be silent anymore

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Judged:

I love this post. It's so true. I am Slavic as well. So do I get affirmative action too? My parent's parent's parents used to be SLAVES to rich people!!!!.Oh, it was so horrible. I still personally suffer (even though they died 100 years ago). I am still in pain, I can't breath. I am dying. Oh, my god. I am dying!!! Give me some affirmative action!!! I need it. Also, pay me for doing no work, give me scholarship with bad grades. I want all the perks of being BLACK. We Slavic people used to be KINGS AND QUEENS too, just like every black person in America. We are victim of white people too. Oh, my, I am white. Help me! Help me. I am being victimized by my own skin. Itís attacking me. Aaaaaaaaa, help me. Itís killing me. Itís evil. The only thing that can cure me is affirmative action!!! Help me! Help me.
Crazy Mike

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

No you can't get repletions for your ancestors.
Greg

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

I want repletions! I never realized my disreplete could blamed on the past suffering of my Slavic forefathers. Oh God, I feel their pain and cannot go on. This government and that government and all the governments owe me. I feel the sting of the whip transcending through the years. Oh God (or whomever feels I am a victim and entitled to lots-o-mula)please release from my agony by sending cash, entitlements, and protected classification my way. I am a victim can you not see. Oh the pain!
WORLD IDIOTS RACE WAKE UP

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

VeeJay wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment to tojoi post of 2008. Blacks have had it rough, no doubt. But what you state is myth. Blacks have not been slaves for 400 years. Though black slaves were introduced into North America in the 1600's, the United States of America is less than 250 years old. Slavery officially ended with Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation around 150 years ago.
There were white slaves in American also. They were not &#8220;indentured servants.&#8221; They were slaves as much or more than blacks. They were treated worse than black slaves, even by black slaves. All slaves anywhere at anytime in world history are separated from family, etc. That is not unique to African slaves in America.
95% plus of all African slave trade in New World was in Central and South America. Black slaves did not build this country. 2% of the southern population owned black (and white) slaves for picking cotton and other plantation crops. Picking cotton in a field did not create the mighty American, world-dominating industrial powerhouse. Plantation slavery was on its way out anyway with the introduction of the cotton gin.
Reparations (and repletions) have already been paid with something far more valuable than money. Over 646,000 paid with their lives during Civil War. Every race and nation in the ancient world up to present modern times has practiced slavery. Slavery was not an American invention. Black African countries made African slave trade possible. During modern times, African slavery was a robust trade hundreds of years before the discovery of the New World. Black African slavery has not diminished in Africa and continues until present day. Undoubtedly, your ancestors had slaves.
Using this standard, black African slavery is over 1,000 years old, not a hundred or so years in only America. During the modern slavery period, an argument could be made Slavic people have had it the worse. Could that be why the word "slave" comes from the name of the Slavic people? None of this early American history has anything to do with 21st Century American blacks. Blacks are free to do whatever they want. Quit bellyaching and using ancient history to justify your shortcomings, and/or laziness to progress. I have two black friends that both told me, &#8220;thank God for slavery.&#8221; Why do you think they said that?
Besides all this, the person who started this discussion is Slavic. He is asking about Slavic people, not blacks. Blacks have enough places where they can piss and moan. If you want to talk to this person, post your myths elsewhere and address his questions. Blacks are not the center of the universe. Answer him or get lost.
ype! And, it still exist in Africa, its own peoples, the corrupted Black African leaders slaves it own people in name of Greed ---> Blood Diamonds ect.,
jhad

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

to veejay

You really sound like a racist. Blacks were treated like animals by whites during slavery. They where broke down and made to forget their customs and religion. Even their names were lost. They were lynched, raped, and straight up murdered without any consequences. The cotton gin just increased demand for more slaves. A lot didnít even survive the boat trip over here. After slavery a lot of the same things went on. Ever heard of Jim Crow? What about Rosewood? Emit Till? Through the 60ís and 70ís a white man especially a white police officer could pretty much kill a black person and get away with it, it still happens to this very day. Yea almost every culture in the world has practiced slavery but none practiced it with so much hate like Amerikkkans. To be honest, through colonization white people of the world raped the whole country of Africa and thatís why its in the shape its in now. Maybe you need to read a history book outside of class because most of those only have a few pages on slavery. Oh yea the civil war was to preserve the union, Lincoln just used the freedom thing to get slaves to fight on his side. Stop watching hannity and o reily and that racist ass beck and maybe you would sound more intelligent

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••