“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#527764 Aug 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'history' is from 2000 years ago, so why would it not be unchanged, except for the various ministers, denominations, and individual believers who like to add their own opinions about what God thinks, or what God does, etc., that has no basis in any written word?
If the information was a myth 2000 or 4000 years ago, then the fact that it still exists says nothing about its truth; it only comments on how well the myth is promoted, and also the fact that the writers stuck in that nasty little,'if you don't believe you will burn in hell'. Most naive people take that is a real serious threat.
The very bottom line is the supernatural aspects of the Abrahamic beliefs have no factual information to support them. That fact is a fact, irregardless of any personal experiences of actually meeting God.
www.biography.com › People

Since: May 11

Cardiff, UK

#527765 Aug 18, 2012
Carolyn LaDawn Miracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that there is wind? U don't see it, but you feel it, so it must be there!
on principle I'm totally against eugenics but some posters really make a persuasive case for it.

what are your thoughts?
obama gotta white mama

Lansdowne, PA

#527766 Aug 18, 2012
Gray_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you this one thing, when you bring up white slaves, it is like a German saying that there were Germans imprisoned during the Holocaust of the Jews. Also, Germany was penalized for 50 years due to the Holocaust, which means that all under the age of 50 suffered. So, why shouldn't Americans pay the price for what Americans do. We are not willing to give back this land or ecen honor the payment agreement.
We must continue to ignore Happy Lesbo. The thread does great when she is ignored.
Reparations have been made.
Blacks were given ample opportunity to be educated, many times 'on the house'.
Blacks were given welfare and they certainly took advantage of it.

Section 8 housing, equal employment even if they weren't qualified for the job, and much more.

And how does America get repaid?

After the civil rights amendment, Our once beautiful cities have turned into shit-holes. Crime is at an alarming high rate. Most prisons are filled with black in-mates, which btw costs the taxpayer approx. TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars per year for each inmate. Crack moms letting their children go awry.
America was number ONE in education throughout the world 50 years ago. Now it's down to the 40th.

Drop-outs are countless.
These are FACTS, Brotha-man.

It is up to the well educated blacks, who btw are mostly in the Republican Party, to get the message across to the black youth, because you know damn well they they will listen to any body else.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#527767 Aug 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I say that was untrue?
Ha, you're so angry.....
EndQuote
Honey the last time f got “so” angry was when christians blew my aunts arm off
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what did I say that was untrue?
Put up or shut up.
109 years ago, human flight was also "impossible"....
EndQuote

Consider that humans had been flying for over 150 years prior to 1903 and I gave a list of recorded, published and notable events so try and make the claim that “109 years ago, human flight was also "impossible"....” without lying

So I have put up, what’s you response?

“I am who I am”

Since: Jun 11

Upstate NY

#527768 Aug 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID expalin it, a few weeks ago. I got scoffed at & the whole thing ws dismissed as "well, it sounds like you fainted, is all".
Nobody (at least on Topix) wants to hear a real story about God. They just want to argue their point until the arguee gets so fed up that they leave. Then the arguer will move on to next person.
For some that is the usual tactic. It all comes down to what people want to believe is true. I don't get to see all of the posts here, so I likely missed what you posted. I would be interested in reading it for myself.

I am really intrigued by the Near Death/Out of Body experiences that some people have had. I have my own little hypothesis that the NDE/OOBE is exactly what Jesus went through, and it was the ONLY self-controlled NDE in the history of humankind. I think the NDE is what Lazarus and Jairus' daughter went through when Jesus raised them from the dead.

Of course the only reason that atheists don't like this is because in our modern culture, the NDE does happen, it has been scientifically documented in controlled circumstances, and because the skeptic always demands scientific proof,[all while thinking that scientific proof isn't possible, which is why they use that] the NDE comes way too close for the skeptic's comfort in doing exactly that.

An excellent case study for the NDE is found in the story of Pamela Reynolds. This lady had a tumor deep inside her brain that required surgery to remove. The only way to accomplish this was to stop all brain activity and drain all of the blood from her brain, and lower her body temperature. During this procedure, Pamela's brain had no measurable EEG function. But yet she remembers watching the procedure from outside her body. Physical vision isn't possible when our eyes are closed and brain activity is stopped, because we need our brains to instantaneously interpret what we're seeing. She remembers hearing nurses and doctors talking back and forth when there were sensors in her ear canals that blocked hearing, and when her brain was stopped. Again, we need our brains to be functioning to interpret the sounds we hear. Pamela recounted being taken into the presence of a very bright light, and feeling an overwhelming sense of calm, acceptance, and love. She recounted meeting with a previously deceased relative, an uncle I think. She asked this relative if the light was God. According to Pamela, his response was that the light is what happens every time God takes a breath! How awesome is that?

When Pamela's surgery was over, she was able to recount details that she should have had no way of knowing. She was able to "feel" the emotional distress of others just being in their presence, even when they themselves weren't showing any signs of emotional distress. How can we HONESTLY account for all of these apart from a real event?

We can't. To HONESTLY account for this collection of related events, we have to accept that there is a reality that exists apart from our own, and that science will never ever be able to explain it in natural terms. And this is just ONE of THOUSANDS of documented such events in just the last 50 years! How much evidence does the skeptic really need?

The answer is this:

No evidence that points to the probability of eternal life is possible if a component of that eternal life also includes the reality of judgment and consequences will ever be accepted by those who wish to avoid such a reality.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#527769 Aug 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was stating fact. There is no argument with the fact that every household in Switzerland from which a family member served in the military must by law contain a gun and ammunition. There is no argument with the fact that those guns are used to give Switzerland the highest domestic murder rate per capita than anywhere else in the world.
Of course anything could be used as a weapon, self defence courses over the world teach this. A rifle is a weapon, no need to even consider ‘as’, it is designed and built to be a weapon. It is considered by the people that have custody of them to be a weapon.
It saves having to think when you have the urge to kill someone.
There is no need to think “Now what can I use to kill my wife, hmm, maybe go to the kitchen and choose a nice long knife, no wait a minute, I’ll get a jerry can from the garage and buy some fuel from the local filling station to douse her in fuel, now have I got some matches?. Or how about the baseball bat I used at college, no… I have an idea I can use that rifle in the cupboard,
Do you see how stupid that is yet?
The point is that a person determined to murder who is armed with a rifle does not have the luxury of thinking it over.
Ehh, have you ever had to face a gun pointed in anger at close range? What chance?
You have yet to produce any evidence that Switzerland has a high domestic murder rate. Frankly, I think you are lying.

And yes, I have had a gun pointed in me in anger, I was armed at the time. They thought it over with out my even having to unholster my weapon.
obama gotta white mama

Lansdowne, PA

#527770 Aug 18, 2012
I hope that you registered the message.

NOW, back to the original topic.
This thread is called "PROVE There's A GOD". Try to stay focused.

If not, then I suggest that you take your racist rampage to the "WHY I HATE THE WHITE FOLK" category.

“Perfect_Life_Ble ssed”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#527771 Aug 18, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
on principle I'm totally against eugenics but some posters really make a persuasive case for it.
what are your thoughts?
The study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, right? For me its like this, we as humans only use so little of our brains and the rest we know NOTHING about, so while some may be skeptical about phycic abilities, God and or a higher power, I say why not? It is only logical that there are things we just don't get yet. I mean 100 years ago it was impossible for a man to walk on the moon, not anymore. We learn something new every day and to completly rule out that there is a God, to me is sad and very close minded!

#527772 Aug 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I said highest ‘domestic’ murder rate per capita but you are welcome to misconstrue my wording if it makes you feel better. That does not alter the fact that you changed my meaning to create an objectionable post. Don't you realize how much that damages your credibility?
I am European and use the word domestic in the manner of Europeans, to mean home, the household. What you consider the word to mean I really don’t know.
Almost 50% of armed crime involves those military issue guns.
The overall gun crime rate in Switzerland has declined dramatically since the early 1990s
87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Support your claims liar!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527773 Aug 18, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
what are your thoughts?
I'm against eugenics too.

Look what kind of damage Khan did in Star Trek...
obama gotta white mama

Lansdowne, PA

#527774 Aug 18, 2012
obama gotta white mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Reparations have been made.
Blacks were given ample opportunity to be educated, many times 'on the house'.
Blacks were given welfare and they certainly took advantage of it.
Section 8 housing, equal employment even if they weren't qualified for the job, and much more.
And how does America get repaid?
After the civil rights amendment, Our once beautiful cities have turned into shit-holes. Crime is at an alarming high rate. Most prisons are filled with black in-mates, which btw costs the taxpayer approx. TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars per year for each inmate. Crack moms letting their children go awry.
America was number ONE in education throughout the world 50 years ago. Now it's down to the 40th.
Drop-outs are countless.
These are FACTS, Brotha-man.
It is up to the well educated blacks, who btw are mostly in the Republican Party, to get the message across to the black youth, because you know damn well they they will listen to any body else.
EDIT...
...they will listen to NO ONE else.

Also, the above short message is for you.
Read it!

#527775 Aug 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
QI, that’s quite an intelligent program so I doubt you watch it
But you could also try researching
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/index.html
and
http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2010-13099/
BTW, what has got into your knickers today?
So you presented a link to a generic Swiss newspaper mentioning nothing about gun violence at all. Then you presented a Swiss article on domestic violence including emotional violence, sexual violence, neither requiring the use of a gun.

I am now more convinced than ever that you are lying. If guns kill people, then spoons make us fat.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#527776 Aug 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
dumdum. "equal rights" & "special rights" are different things.
Dumdum- is marriage a "special" right for heterosexuals? No?? Then why do you think it's a special right for homosexuals? It's NOT. All gay people want is the same rights equal rights DUMDUM

#527777 Aug 18, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to produce any evidence that Switzerland has a high domestic murder rate. Frankly, I think you are lying.
And yes, I have had a gun pointed in me in anger, I was armed at the time. They thought it over with out my even having to unholster my weapon.
Well I offered 2 links for your exploration and the name of the program that I originally acquired my information. I suppose I could do more but really I just can’t be bothered.

Ahh well also being armed can act as a serious deterrent. The average person who tends to be unarmed and would not be so lucky.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527778 Aug 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, you're so angry.....
EndQuote
Honey the last time f got “so” angry was when christians blew my aunts arm off
<quoted text>
109 years ago, human flight was also "impossible"....
EndQuote
Consider that humans had been flying for over 150 years prior to 1903 and I gave a list of recorded, published and notable events so try and make the claim that “109 years ago, human flight was also "impossible"....” without lying
So I have put up, what’s you response?
Both those are true. You are angry- your posts prove that. Humans did achieve flight 109 years ago(I never said that was the FIRST time, did I?)

Holy crap, what happened to your aunt?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#527779 Aug 18, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
Sorta kinky, lightbeamrider. You ole dog, you.
I would have never thought you were into Nietzsche. Maybe you'll like this.
"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
Some of his musings are okay, but I'm not a fan. Even though I quite agree with that one.
Never saw the whip comment, ummm, thanks... I guess.
Neitzsche is in your camp. As is Stalin. As is Mao. Pagan Greece and Rome were built almost entirely by slave labor. No country on Earth questioned to morality of slavery until Christians did the questioning. Approx 1/3 of Roman society was made up of slaves who could be killed any time by their Roman masters. Heres another little fun fact as it relates to your pagan counterparts.''Socrates and Plato could sit around in symposia, drinking wine and discussing the essence of justice, largely becuase the civilization was maintained by an unimaginable number of slaves.'' They were so backwards they thought it a good thing to marry their sisters and use children as sex slaves.
Just offering alternative views. Not everyone thinks like you.
A boatload. Not everyone is correct. When it comes to Christ my only hope is those foolish enough to listen to you will find you in hell as i'm sure you will be hiding out if you can. I will get to the Matthew 24 part later. Day off.

#527780 Aug 18, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Support your claims liar!!
Where did you get that statistic? Liar

I have seen anywhere between 33% and 99.7% of statistics are made up on the spot, usually by people with nothing to do but invent statistics

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527782 Aug 18, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So you presented a link to a generic Swiss newspaper mentioning nothing about gun violence at all. Then you presented a Swiss article on domestic violence including emotional violence, sexual violence, neither requiring the use of a gun.
I am now more convinced than ever that you are lying. If guns kill people, then spoons make us fat.
LOL, I dig that.

If guns kill people, then the keyboard made me misspell that word.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#527783 Aug 18, 2012
MisterCharrington wrote:
all these 'straight' guys who could 'choose' to be gay really make me laugh.
Huh.

I'm straight.

I don't recall choosing that, though...

Hi, Rumpole.

#527784 Aug 18, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not want to find information about Switzerland in a Swiss newspaper? Sorry my mistake. last time I looked there was a feature article, perhaps you need to look into the archives, a simple search usually works in these cases

My post did say ‘Domestic’ and so the article and its references are relevant

I have never said that guns kill people, people kill people, Guns just make killing people easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min andet1987 5,321
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 567,878
Scientific proof for God's existence 19 min Jac 540
Sexy chat 38 min Cox 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min AN NFL FAN 120,694
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 52 min Yumpin Yimminy 487
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min lil whispers 607,148
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 267,394
More from around the web