“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525166 Aug 9, 2012
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>Oh- I think we ALL understand the TITLE of this thread.
As to the meaning of god, that varies from person to person, religion to religion and culture to culture.
In the meantime, not one person, not one religion and not one culture has yet to prove the existence of ANY god.
Spot on!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525170 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>It HAS happened.
"Yoshihiro Hattori (&#26381;&#37096; &#21083;&#19976; Hattori Yoshihiro?, November 22, 1975 Ė October 17, 1992) was a Japanese exchange student residing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States at the time of his death. Hattori was on his way to a Halloween party and he went to the wrong house by accident. The property owner, Rodney Peairs, shot and killed Hattori, thinking he was trespassing with criminal intent. The controversial homicide, and Peairs's subsequent acquittal in the state court of Louisiana, received worldwide attention.
Two months into his stay in the United States, he received an invitation, along with Webb Haymaker, his homestay brother, to a Halloween party organized for Japanese exchange students on October 17, 1992. Hattori went dressed in a tuxedo in imitation of John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever. Upon their arrival in the quiet working-class neighborhood where the party was held, the boys mistook the Peairses' residence for their intended destination due to the similarity of the address and the Halloween decorations on the outside of the house, and proceeded to step out of their car and walk to the front door.(Fujio 2004; Harper n.d.)
Hattori and Haymaker rang the front doorbell but, seemingly receiving no response, began to walk back to their car. Meanwhile, inside the house, their arrival had not gone unnoticed. Bonnie Peairs had peered out the side door and saw them. Mrs. Peairs, startled, retreated inside, locked the door, and said to her husband, "Rodney, get your gun." Hattori and Haymaker were walking to their car when the carport door was opened again, this time by Mr. Peairs. He was armed with a loaded and cocked .44 magnum revolver. He pointed it at Hattori, and yelled "Freeze." Simultaneously, Hattori, likely thinking he said "please," stepped back towards the house, saying "We're here for the party." Haymaker, seeing the weapon, shouted after Hattori, but Peairs fired his weapon at point blank range at Hattori, hitting him in the chest, and then ran back inside.(Kernodle 2002; Fujio 2004; Harper n.d.) Haymaker rushed to Hattori, badly wounded and lying where he fell, on his back. Haymaker ran to the home next door to the Peairses' house for help. Neither Mr. Peairs nor his wife came out of their house until the police arrived, about 40 minutes after the shooting. Mrs. Peairs shouted to a neighbor to "go away" when the neighbor called for help. One of the Peairses' children later told police that her mother asked, "Why did you shoot him?"
The shot had pierced the upper and lower lobes of Hattori's left lung, and exited through the area of the seventh rib; he died in the ambulance minutes later, from loss of blood.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Hattor...
I'm not saying that is the norm, but it DOES happen. There was something definitely not mentally right with the homeowner as he obviously had an itchy trigger-finger. And he could have shot to WOUND- such as in the young man's arm or leg, but instead he shot him with intent to kill given that he shot this young man in the chest.
At any rate, my alarm system works wonderfully and is an excellent deterrent.
Regardless, we are really off-topic here with talking about guns.
Yes, that is the story that I remembered and mentioned in one of my previous posts. That man should have done prison time for that shooting, especially since it was Hallowe'en. Was he prepared to shoot every person who came to his door dressed in costume?

I can just imagine how the people involved with that exchange program would try to give some sort of a reason to that boys parents. No explanation would be enough.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#525174 Aug 9, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, a couple of pages of mostly static.
I wonder whether he knows what "scroll" means.
I wonder also whether he thinks he's being clever...
I wonder if he thinks he is considered at all?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#525175 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>Snort, Snicker, Tee Hee- HA, ha!
Conservapedia??? You're kidding, right???
Facts are facts, lady. Doesn't matter where they come from. Told ya you wouldn't like it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525176 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>Okay- you're a FINE example of a good Christian whereas Hitler was not.
Feel better, now?
Even though that was highly sarcastic, I'll take it. Thank you.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#525177 Aug 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was only publicly Christian - to put on a "good show", which is still the norm for public figures.
Doesn't Obama claim to be Christian ad well?
Why would he pretend? He was boss of a country and god to a nation, there was no need to pretend. I could also argue that itís not up to you to decide who is and who isnít christian based on nothing more than how you feel about them. Sorry buddy but that decision has already been made by people, including the people at the Vatican who know. You opinion is just that opinion and it is worthless

Obama was not under discussion but as far as the world and the christian church is concerned he is christian, your opinion is just your opinion and coincide with the conspiracy theories that abound because it hurts you and so many others so much that your president is black, or has a Muslim father is his shit smells different than yours

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525178 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>That is NOT semantics.
It is improper word/phrase usage.
If one says they "could care less", that means they DO care, since they COULD care less than they do.
If one says they "could NOT care less", that means they don't care at all and therefore can't care any less than they already do.
Sure- I know what you meant, but why make the assumption that others know what you mean when instead, you can actually SAY what you mean?
By arguing the "could" & "couldn't" thing, you're arguing semantics...

You say TOMAYTOW, I say TOMATO...

Synonyms of semantics are explanation & interpretation, which is what you're doing.

I'm changing your handle from MrSpellingBee to MrArgue.

Location hidden

#525179 Aug 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry a loaded gun in my truck?? Damn, I'm moving to Florida!!!
Not sure what to think of this type mentality.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525181 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>It is not because you believe that I call you ignorant and lazy.
It is because you won't acknowledge that that is exactly what it IS- a BELIEF and not a FACT.
And sorry, but to present unproven BELIEFS as FACT IS WILLFULLY IGNORANT and INTELLECTUALLY LAZY.
But my belief is a fact TO ME, therefore I cannot acknowledge is to be non factual..

I haven't presented unproven beliefs as fact because they've been proven TO ME.

Location hidden

#525182 Aug 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a gun, lube it up & SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!! STOP COMPARING ME TO HITLER YOU BITCH!
Yeah you're way dumber than Hitler.

Location hidden

#525183 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>It's not illegal here in Florida.......
You left out military aggression, and a military attitude that every man wants to brag that they and all men before them fought in wars. You use the biggest amount of world resources with one of the smaller populations in the world, and are also one of the major air and water polluters.(granted Canada would be too if we had your population).

You have initiated some of the wars in the world, through secretly getting involved in internal problems of the country. The USA was involved in the assassination/execution of the Belgian Congo's first legally elected leader, Patrice Lamumba, in January 1961.

Early in the 20th century about 6 million Americans were members of the KKK, one of the most ruthless and evil organizations that ever existed, and still exists in the USA, with rights to hold meetings, parades and demonstrations. Their ilk are reported to be very much part of that shooting a few days ago at the Sikh temple.

I am not suggesting that the white Supremacists and/or the KKK were directly involved, but the person doing the shooting was a very active member in those groups. He did exactly what they stand for.

Spend some time on their websites, as I have in the past, and you will see lots of people posting on those sites that people of other groups besides whites, including Jews and gays, should be killed, if necessary, to permit the pure, good Christian white man to dominate.
Reality

Madison, WI

#525184 Aug 9, 2012
Chunky_Punky wrote:
<quoted text>You are an interesting fella. Kinda sick, disruptive,absuive and insulting. A very unpleasant person, with issues to deal with. So, please go attend to those issues.
I guess you enjoyed attacking Christianity, but alleging that Hilter was one, but faced with evidence to the contrary and indisputeable facts that he was gay, you bounce.
Well, bounce and maybe Topix will permanently ban you for your history of abusive posts. Bye bye.
Peace is an internal infusion, which you need.
What are you on now? Must be your 15 th nic this week. Sir Doctor why do you masquerade as a human? You are not a Christian, just a self loathing closet queen.

Location hidden

#525187 Aug 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellew..... I've given MY proof of God to ME.
I've also stated that God will not show himself unless you are searching for Him, as stated in Psalms 32:8-10; Isaiah 29:13; Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 11:27-30; Matthew 15:7-9; Mark 10:13-16; John 5:40; John 6:37; John 6:44-45; John 6:63-65; John 7:37-39; Hebrews 4:14-16; Hebrews 10:19-22; James 4:6-8; Revelation 22:16-17; Psalms 32:8-10; Isaiah 29:13; Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 11:27-30; Matthew 15:7-9; Mark 10:13-16; John 5:40; John 6:37; John 6:44-45; John 6:63-65; John 7:37-39; Hebrews 4:14-16; Hebrews 10:19-22; James 4:6-8; Revelation 22:16-17
We used to play that same game a lot when I was young. We called it "hide and seek". When I was in school, the kids would play that game, and when I was 'it', they would take off and go do something else, leaving me playing all by myself.

Strange that a God, that did all the things believers claim He did, and wants only the very best for His human 'creations' would stoop to playing games, by hiding so that we have to seek to find Him. Kind of counter-productive.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525188 Aug 9, 2012
I really have to wonder why the only people here trying to convince others that there is a god are so-called "Christians".
After all, with over 500,000 posts on a thread that's been going for over 4 years now, it's interesting that out of all these posts I've yet to see even ONE post from a Jewish person, a Buddhist, a Hindu, those who practice Shinto, Islamist, or any other religion claiming that THEIR beliefs are the right ones and that anyone who believes differently is wrong, is going to be sorry for believing differently, etc.
I really am quite puzzled as to why the so-called Christians on this thread are SO insecure that they all have to clamor, rage and rant about their beliefs and all the more since not ONE of them has yet to provide any actual PROOF of the existence of ANY god.
While I realize the mere mortal men who wrote the bible wanted to insure that the masses stay as ignorant and as fearful as possible, I didn't think they also intended for people to be as insecure as the so-called Christians on this thread portray themselves to be.
Because they HAVE read their "holey" book. Having realized(at least subconsciously) that it is rampanty errant historically, extremely narscissistic, masochistic in it's entirety, and much of it's verse bordering on delusion, while at the same time being portrayed as a "guidebook for the christian life" by its organization(the church). Anyone who, "today", exhibits the behavior portrayed by the characters in this book would be recommended for psychological treatment.

One might find this acceptable, say 500 years ago(due to the extreme ignorance of the society). However, it is all but impossible for any subjugate of this religion to rationally justify such ideology as acceptable(or even sane) today.

#525190 Aug 9, 2012
Chunky_Punky wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, do not pnader to her lies. Hitler was not even publically Christian. He actually spoke and said that Christianity was an enemy of the state.
OCB is just vile and self hateful. To call Hitler a Christian, is to call the anti-Christ the Christ. Satan will come in the form of Christ, but he will be the anti-Christ.
Christopher Hitchens in God Is Not Great depicts Hitler as a pagan polytheist -- not exactly a conventional theist but still a theist.
Hitler was born Catholic just as Stalin was born into the Russian Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as many people reject their religious upbringing, as these three men did. From an early age, historian Allan Bullock writes, Hitler "had no time at all for Catholic teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only for slaves and detesting its ethics."
How then do we account for Hitler's claim that in carrying out his anti-Semitic program he was an instrument of divine providence? During his ascent to power, Hitler needed the support of the German people -- both the Bavarian Catholics and the Prussian Lutherans -- and to secure this he occasionally used rhetoric such as "I am doing the Lord's work." To claim that this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to confuse political opportunism with personal conviction. Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses
God Bless.
The welcome return, you back and still spewing vindictive spite and lying,Ė how long did you get, 3 months? How did you get on, did you get you butt f*cked by the bigger/harder prisoners?

Mein Kampf - "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord..

"The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will

Publicly - I would like here to appeal to a greater than I, Count Lerchenfeld. He said in the last session of the Landtag that his feeling 'as a man and a Christian' prevented him from being an anti-Semite. I say: My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter... How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison

Privately - "I have never found pleasure in maltreating others, even if I know it isn't possible to maintain oneself in the world without force. Life is granted only to those who fight the hardest. It is the law of life: Defend yourself! The time in which we live has the appearance of the collapse of this idea. It can still take 100 or 200 years. I am sorry that, like Moses, I can only see the Promised Land from a distance.

Just think how your wife would turn in her grave is she heard your vile vomiting lies. Itís really pathetic how low grief can take a man

#525194 Aug 9, 2012
<quoted text>Interesting, considering that I am NOT gay but am a 100% heterosexual female.
Of course, it wouldn't matter if I WAS gay nor would that be any of your business.
Chunky monkey is a grieving idiot who blames us all for the loss of his family, Under normal circumstances one should feel pity for someone having to suffer such a loss but he manifest his grief in hatred, bile and vindictive lies. I have had to contend with him twice before, the first time he politely asked my opinion of two posters. One I knew and found reasonable and informative, the other I had never communicated with. He seemed to take this as a personal affront for some reason and went into a three week long stalking tirade trying to piss on anything I wrote.

The next time he was trying to chat up a guy who used the screen name Susanne when he wasnít calling himself Frank or John or Luke. I told him the girl he was chatting to was a guy and jeeezuusss Hiroshima was nothing compared to the anger he threw at me. Again for several weeks he was always stalking me and hurling verbal abuse.

Then he disappeared for a few months, I presume he was either serving time for some misdemeanour or undergoing therapy for his anger problems. I did consider it was suicide at one time but thought little about it really.

Whichever, heís back so we can expect some fun times for the next few weeks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525195 Aug 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he pretend? He was boss of a country and god to a nation, there was no need to pretend. I could also argue that itís not up to you to decide who is and who isnít christian based on nothing more than how you feel about them. Sorry buddy but that decision has already been made by people, including the people at the Vatican who know. You opinion is just that opinion and it is worthless
Obama was not under discussion but as far as the world and the christian church is concerned he is christian, your opinion is just your opinion and coincide with the conspiracy theories that abound because it hurts you and so many others so much that your president is black, or has a Muslim father is his shit smells different than yours
First off, you don't know what your talkng about but even if, IF, Hitler was Christian he sure didn't act like one.

Second, I don't care that Hussein is black (althoug technically he's half-white, but whatever). I care that Hussein is a terrible president. I also care that his father was Muslim, it was fanatic Muslims that attacked us on 9/11. I also care that he went to a fanatical, anti-American church for twenty years. I also care that he had virtually no experience - definitely not enough to be the president. I also care that most people voted for hom ONLY because he's 1/2 black AND he promised government handouts.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525196 Aug 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah you're way dumber than Hitler.
And you're dumber than a pet rock.

Location hidden

#525197 Aug 9, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we often combine beliefs and facts in a way that they really shouldn't be. I have beliefs, but these beliefs are based upon historical facts. Jesus existed and was crucified. This is an established fact within historical scholarly academic communities. No reputable scholar of ancient history that I'm aware of disputes this. Even atheist and agnostic scholars of history admit this much. It's the subsequent reported resurrection of Jesus and the growth of the church that is in question among people.
I beg to differ with you on that point, BM. I know of several theologians, or former theologians, one of which taught theology at a very highly respected (in the world) university, has written numerous books on Christianity, and spent a great part of his working life as a religious journalist traveling the world and investigating and reporting on things of belief, who will claim that there is no proof of Jesus, and he will even claim that there is no proof that any of the Bible is true.

I think this one particular person still believes in some form of a god, and possibly an afterlife, but he has pretty well rejected all of the known information which religious people have been following, referring mainly to the Bible.

I will agree that the Wikipedia article on the actual historical existence of Jesus does agree with what you stated, although it also states that most scholars differ as to most of the points about the life of Jesus, other than his approximate time of birth, his Baptism, and his death. Of course, as with all articles in Wikipedia, including some that I have contributed to, the article is only as good as the person or persons who wrote it.

I find Wikipedia is a good place to first look, when someone makes a statement that one wonders about, to see if that is actually something that is generally held to be true (which in this case I did find that). One should, however, not place 100% trust in what is written there.

I am not assuming that your claim was taken from Wikipedia, but it is where I found the information to support what you claimed.

Personally, since Jesus, the character, is the main character of the New Testament and the basis for Christianity existing, I see no reason to strongly suggest that he never existed. I would however be very doubtful of any stories about him that were beyond what can be naturally proved to be true.

The Virgin birth, death and resurrection, and finally ascension into heaven in physical form are almost certainly myths, IMO. I know there is no proof anywhere that will verify those things happened.

That a traveling preacher may had initiated a movement from which Christianity began seems reasonable, because something caused it to begin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#525198 Aug 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out military aggression, and a military attitude that every man wants to brag that they and all men before them fought in wars. You use the biggest amount of world resources with one of the smaller populations in the world, and are also one of the major air and water polluters.(granted Canada would be too if we had your population).
You have initiated some of the wars in the world, through secretly getting involved in internal problems of the country. The USA was involved in the assassination/execution of the Belgian Congo's first legally elected leader, Patrice Lamumba, in January 1961.
Early in the 20th century about 6 million Americans were members of the KKK, one of the most ruthless and evil organizations that ever existed, and still exists in the USA, with rights to hold meetings, parades and demonstrations. Their ilk are reported to be very much part of that shooting a few days ago at the Sikh temple.
I am not suggesting that the white Supremacists and/or the KKK were directly involved, but the person doing the shooting was a very active member in those groups. He did exactly what they stand for.
Spend some time on their websites, as I have in the past, and you will see lots of people posting on those sites that people of other groups besides whites, including Jews and gays, should be killed, if necessary, to permit the pure, good Christian white man to dominate.
If some KKK members are Christian, then they are fanatics & don't represent the whole of Christianity. Just like the fanatic Muslims on 9/11, they don't represent all Muslims, just their fanatical group.

Don't compare the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Estelle 550,785
Enslaving Americans....October 27, 2014 39 min FudgePacker 14
Twenty-one century prison! What do you think??? 39 min hkaia tube 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min Student 38,895
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 48 min BL88IN 1,097
CONPLAN 3502 replaced GARDEN PLOT. Check out th... 1 hr Flabber Gasted 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 262,067
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Blk Thndr 602,758
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bacon hater 96,408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE