“I'll keep your hand warm.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517611 Jul 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did I think about it but I quickly found an example to prove how you are clearly mistaken (again).
Looks like I get to embarrass you today with an example below that proves your claim above is bogus, null, and void.
<quoted text>
So you don't get sarcasm? That's not my problem. He is clearly making a point about the myth you choose to worship.

Location hidden

#517612 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity was not his personal ideology...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Faith_Mov...
...but it appears that he was extremely interested in a type of mysticism from ancient times.
I agree with you.

I think he used christianity as a tool.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517613 Jul 9, 2012
Stosch Stanislaczieczeski wrote:
<quoted text>
But...But...But...Genesis means 'Trinity' when it says 'us'...lol
Christians are polytheistic whether they want to admit it or not.
What a rude awakening...lol
If one is to take in account this version of whom "God" is, the "us" actually represents angels making man.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

Just for argument sakes, if one could also include the Sumerian texts, that state in no exact terms that we were "seeded" on this planet, one could also posit that the assembly of man by angels, could very well be similar to any product that is being designed by multiple divisions within a company.
- Software development - by the software engineers
- mechanical development - by the mechanical engineers
- parts needed to make the product - the Logistics team
- etc...etc...etc....

Could "God" actually be an alien with an elite team of engineers creating we humans?

Of course this is all speculation on my part, just to through out a wrench into the forum.

:o)

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#517614 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were just to take a few layers of tin foil from around your forehead you would realize that the christain nation of germany all worked together on the war effort.
Sorry, but by that time, it was no longer a Christian nation. Hitler and his atheist troops had killed of Christianity, and probably many of the Christians.

Hitler , being a cowardly atheist, used "Friendly fire" more often than we really know about.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517615 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
So germany wasn't predominantly a christian nation? Hmmm.
The German people were mesmerized by Hitler's speeches about saving them from economic ruin. Have you ever heard his speeches? They are hypnotic! The crowds were fraught with expectation, ecstatic with anticipation...high. He made them "feel" good, hopeful for a better future.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517616 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I wonder if children were allowed to follow their own path in spiritual matters where they would end up compared base to their parents beliefs as adults.
I would love to see that done.
I can say I have two examples.

1 - myself
2 - my son

Myself - raised Catholic, until about 13 - and then chose to not go to church. In fact, I used to say I was going to appease the parents, then basically skipped it altogether and went to the arcade for the hour. Since I was 16 - I've embarked on a "spiritual journey" to really delve into 'what all teh hoopla is about". Been on that journey since, and have yet to receive a answer that is becoming of me to make Christianity my belief. I just can't follow false doctrines.

My son - I never forced any religion on him, but encouraged him to seek out his own path in life. As of right now, I believe he doesn't lean any particular way, because he probably doesn't care, or it doesn't matter to him what happens to him.

Who am I to push a belief upon another, when there has been no answers provided - only speculation.

Cheers - good post sir.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#517617 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't get sarcasm? That's not my problem. He is clearly making a point about the myth you choose to worship.
The one and only myth that has total control of your every thought? That one? The myth that for some reason you just can't seem to stop talking about due to your fear that it is probably REAL?

Yes, I did choose a good myth to worship. Please name one other myth that has you this upset,**** and please cite the website where you routinely bash it and slander it****.

I'll be waiting.

Location hidden

#517618 Jul 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
They were at one time but Hitler abolished it by starting a war, something atheists are known for doing. He was an atheist dictator posing as a Christian just so he could fit in amongst them and gather info on how to kill them ( and Jews).
In fact, most all successful vibrant nations begin with the foundation of Christianity but later are destroyed by people like you....atheists. This is a part of history that I was hoping America could foresee and avoid, but it looks like the infestation of atheism might just finish us off and put us in communism and anarchy, just like all other dying nations have had to go through before their demise.
Killing, killing, killing, it's the atheist way.
I agree hitler was not a christian. But the german people mostly were. They failed in standing up to hitler. The point is they were still christian when they went to war.

What defines a christian? A belief in God and jesus christ as the son of god and the washing of sins in his blood and name.

They still believed all of this.

I'm not interested in tittle tatting with you. If you would like to discuss like an adult on this subject I would be happy to continue it with the same respect. First you need to accept that just because a christian behaves badly it doesn't mean they are not a christian. many believers here say exactly that when they are challenged on their actions in this thread. They say things like "yes! I get angry, yes I lost the plot, yes I swore, yes its hard to turn the other cheek, I'm not perfect, only christ is!" And many other things to that effect. But they don't say," ahh because I lost the plot and attacked someone and didn't turn the other cheek or act meek and mild that makes me now an atheist".

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#517619 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The German people were mesmerized by Hitler's speeches about saving them from economic ruin. Have you ever heard his speeches? They are hypnotic! The crowds were fraught with expectation, ecstatic with anticipation...high. He made them "feel" good, hopeful for a better future.
Sounds just like that atheist leader we all know that goes by the name that rhymes with Obama.

Location hidden

#517620 Jul 9, 2012
As an aside, I know a Muslim guy who bitterly denies that hypnotism actually works. That it's a blatant lie. I suspect that is part of Islam's power, denying that one man can control another one's mind. If I recall, correctly, Islam teaches that man doesn't act of his own free will [or even under another man's] but only on Allah's will, ergo, all suicide bombings are the will of Allah and "meant to be".
Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a long time since I read about Allah's "will".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#517621 Jul 9, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying. I don't know how long you've been posting here, but there have been times when I have scolded others who claim to be Christians. Ask boooots or Kaitlin. They'll tell you.
But, there also comes a time when it's better to just try to correct the misconceptions with well thought out dialogue rather than get into a flame war with people who are too set in their ways to listen or learn. If you admire Al Garcia or lightbeamrider, or myself, come to us with questions. Our answers may not convince you or satisfy your curiosity, but we're not going to condemn you as a person just because we disagree with each other
I am sort of out of the loop here as I was away for a day or so for my 64 year old sister's wedding (her second; her 1st hubby died from cancer in 2002).
However, I agree that you have been more rational and reasonable in your posts here then some who have posted many times as often as you have. Those particular people ARE doing a lot to help the cause of not believing in a god, if such a cause exists.
Personally, I don't see it as a cause, but just a state which I happen to now be in after over 40 years of being a believer and a very dedicated and active worker in the Christian life and Church.
I am not interested in seeing Christianity destroyed, or stopped, but I think it is dying, especially as already shown in most Western countries, which now have only a tiny fraction of people actually attending religious worship services.
While I know there will always be people who need or feel they need to deal in the non-physical world, the knowledge today is just so massive towards making what people formerly believed seem rather silly, when one actually looks at it objectively rather than subjectively.
The positive works that many churches have done in the world, with no strings attached, I heartily endorse. When a church does something for others, with the expectation of gaining new members, or of saving the souls of those they are helping, then I do have a problem with that.
Fanatical Christians, such as the Fred Phelps, many of the tv evangelists, faith healers, etc, are actually an evil influence, and they suck money, often from people who are alone, innocent, naive, elderly, and they become very wealthy, when supposedly they are 'working for the Lord'.
The 3 main issues that I see on this site that I try to be involved in (though because I am compulsive I do wonder off in other directions too) are:
1) Personal attacks by fanatical Christian posters against other posters, rather than just addressing their opinions,
2) Denial of known and proved and verified as correct certain things that today are known to be false in the Bible.
3) The behavior on this site in general of certain people who claim to be 'Saved Christians'. Yes, the behavior of those who argue against Christians on this site can be very bad too, however these people are not holding themselves to the Christian principles which those Christians are so obviously breaking.
I guess I am at a bit of a disadvantage, or advantage (depending on one's point of view) in that I know what is expected of Christians from my own Christian indoctrination, and I see, so obviously, that many here, who claim to be devout Christians, step over those boundaries every day they post.
jason

Groton, CT

#517622 Jul 9, 2012
I can prove it! Prove to me that you love somebody. Don't tell me, prove it! Give me physical evidence. Can you?

Location hidden

#517623 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The German people were mesmerized by Hitler's speeches about saving them from economic ruin. Have you ever heard his speeches? They are hypnotic! The crowds were fraught with expectation, ecstatic with anticipation...high. He made them "feel" good, hopeful for a better future.
Yes he was a good speaker. It was what made him. There was such social unrest in Germany at the time. Socially they were at breaking point. He took the bull by the horns and inspired practically a whole nation. But it was while they were weakened. In my view it doesn't mean he made them not Christians though. It's a very complex issue and there were other underlying issues and influences from other countries like Russia, britain, france and even poland on Germany that made war almost unavoidable. To put 100% blame on Germany is naive.

Location hidden

#517624 Jul 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but by that time, it was no longer a Christian nation. Hitler and his atheist troops had killed of Christianity, and probably many of the Christians.
Hitler , being a cowardly atheist, used "Friendly fire" more often than we really know about.
Citation?

Without trying to be offensive to you. You are being naive.

Location hidden

#517625 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I wonder if children were allowed to follow their own path in spiritual matters where they would end up compared base to their parents beliefs as adults.
I would love to see that done.
Children do follow their own path, every day of their lives. It's called "thinking". We all do it.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#517626 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree hitler was not a christian.
Then are you willing to call all the other atheists on these forums that say he was a Christian through and through liars????

Location hidden

#517627 Jul 9, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say I have two examples.
1 - myself
2 - my son
Myself - raised Catholic, until about 13 - and then chose to not go to church. In fact, I used to say I was going to appease the parents, then basically skipped it altogether and went to the arcade for the hour. Since I was 16 - I've embarked on a "spiritual journey" to really delve into 'what all teh hoopla is about". Been on that journey since, and have yet to receive a answer that is becoming of me to make Christianity my belief. I just can't follow false doctrines.
My son - I never forced any religion on him, but encouraged him to seek out his own path in life. As of right now, I believe he doesn't lean any particular way, because he probably doesn't care, or it doesn't matter to him what happens to him.
Who am I to push a belief upon another, when there has been no answers provided - only speculation.
Cheers - good post sir.
I think it's the best way to be. At the end of the day you can follow any religion and still be the same as anyone else. What I mean by that is, be a human being first. We shouldn't dictate to others what to believe. I feel people forget to accept that religion is just a way of understanding life and the world around them. If they really looked at it hard they would see, if they can cut through the man made red tape, that it mostly eludes to the same thing. There is value in all belief structures in that respect. At the end of the day I'm an atheist but I can see a lot of value in the doctrines and ideals of christ for example. We must follow our own paths.

Location hidden

#517628 Jul 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Then are you willing to call all the other atheists on these forums that say he was a Christian through and through liars????
I do always point out to anyone that I don't believe he was a christian.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#517629 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Children do follow their own path, every day of their lives. It's called "thinking". We all do it.
Oh come on.

Yes, you do it.

But these threads are overflowing with posters who make no attempt whatsoever to use their thinking powers, and instead repeatedly spit out dogma they have been fed.

Try this post for instance:

"There is zero evidence to support a fact that God does not exist and all intelligent people accept this, even those who hold onto a belief that god does not exist. You have proven factualy that you are an idiot. However, we will accept your thesis on why you are not an idiot and why you thinkyou have facts to support god not existing. Please be aware, your two thesis papers will contradict and invalidate one another."

Location hidden

#517630 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Children do follow their own path, every day of their lives. It's called "thinking". We all do it.
Yes, but I think you know what I'm saying. I don't think religion should be pushed on them. They should be able to find their beliefs for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pijat pasutri bali (Jan '13) 6 min ani carera 30
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 574,203
sex (May '13) 42 min raju 89
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 46 min Titania 4
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 48 min Titania 18
Koi gay sex ke liye hai Lucknow mien (Feb '14) 1 hr me hu 13
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 268,947
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr trifecta1 608,224
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 7 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 11 hr sall 163
More from around the web