|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been handed nothing. You're the closed-minded fool that won't listen to anything other than your self-absorbing awesomeness. You claim you know all about consciousness but can't back it up, then try to harp on me.
You're a friggin 'tard, man. Don't forget to take your pills. In fact, maybe you should stay sitting down , so you don't hurt yourself.
How many layers of tin foil have you wrapped around your head today!!

You obviously don't even know the meaning of the word consciousness.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has the "proving you love someone" have to do with whether god exists or not?
Checked out your reference earler and not one of those prove god was there. One does prove there were people who believed in a god, but not which one. There were some mentions of battles and kings mentioned which does not prove god.
Gone with the Wind describes Atlanta, Ga and the General Shermans march to the sea, the president, generals, etc. but it is still a book of fiction. An historal novel. A fiction set in an era of time and place that actually existed along with happenings that were occuring at that time. Gone with the Wind does not prove Rhett Butler and Scarlet Ohara ever existed.
What?!? You're comparing a book to love?!? My point of the question (which I'm not surprised that none of you smart-people get) is that you know, YOU KNOW love exists, right? You feel it in your bones... You've been so sad at times that it overtakes your whole body. Ever been jealous???
All these emotions can't be seen, can't be proven. Don't bore me with "studies" & "research" that you just googled, cuz it's all bullshit. emotions aren't something tangeable that you can hold.
If you've ever loved dearly, or hated terribly, or have been furious with rage, you know what something REAL feels like. Well, I've felt God's presence. I KNOW he's real.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has the "proving you love someone" have to do with whether god exists or not?
Checked out your reference earler and not one of those prove god was there. One does prove there were people who believed in a god, but not which one. There were some mentions of battles and kings mentioned which does not prove god.
Gone with the Wind describes Atlanta, Ga and the General Shermans march to the sea, the president, generals, etc. but it is still a book of fiction. An historal novel. A fiction set in an era of time and place that actually existed along with happenings that were occuring at that time. Gone with the Wind does not prove Rhett Butler and Scarlet Ohara ever existed.
What?!? You're comparing a book to love?!? My point of the question (which I'm not surprised that none of you smart-people get) is that you know, YOU KNOW love exists, right? You feel it in your bones... You've been so sad at times that it overtakes your whole body. Ever been jealous???
All these emotions can't be seen, can't be proven. Don't bore me with "studies" & "research" that you just googled, cuz it's all bullshit. emotions aren't something tangeable that you can hold, but you still believe they exist, right??
If you've ever loved dearly, or hated terribly, or have been furious with rage, you know what something REAL feels like. Well, I've felt God's presence. I KNOW he's real.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
How many layers of tin foil have you wrapped around your head today!!
You obviously don't even know the meaning of the word consciousness.
Are you still tying? If you have a point to make, make it. Otherwise, I'd rather watch paint dry than waste my time with an idiot like you.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of newage, secular hooey are you attempting to spread here?
John was a BELOVED servant/disciple of Christ.
are you aware that we possess shards of the ORIGINAL NT texts?
are you aware that the discovery of the dead sea scrolls PROVED that the bible (OT) we have today has not changed one iota...from those that were written on scrolls OVER 2,000 yrs ago?
are you aware that John was killed for His faith in Jesus?
every scripture in the Holy bible IS equally relevant.
anyone who tries to bring another doctrine is a liar.
there is ONE original bible, it is called the Hebrew scriptures and the NT of Christ.
many eyewittnesses and NON christian historians support the authenticity of the scriptures.
so keep your scoffing to a mimium please.
there is no (sophie)
there is
Cleopas, James, Joanna, Joseph of Arimathea, Joseph Barsabbas, Judas, Lazarus, mary the mother of Jesus, mary of Bethany, mary Magdalene, Matthias, Salome, Susanna, Apollos, Aquiala, Barnabas, junia, Luke, mark, paul Philip, Priscilla, Silas, Stephen timothy, Titus, Ananias, Archippus, Aritarchus, Epaphras, Epaphroditus, Judas Barabbas, Lucius, manean, Mnason, Philemon, Phoebe, Simeon, Tychicus, Matthew, John, Timothy.... those are the NT people
Nothing new age, I am talking about the history of your god book, the book that you base your life on.

OK, when was the shard of the original NT text written? My guess, depending on itís content is between 180 and 350 years AFTER events.

The dead sea scrolles prove the Tanahk, not the OT, the Tanahk has not changed, the OT although based on the Tanahk is somewhat different.

I did not query why he was killed, I asked do you actually know what relevance John had in he original chistain belief? And you have proven that you donít.

You have already proven that you donít know sh|t about the history of your god book, so you have no credibility saying that anyone with verifiable counter claims is a liar. you donít have to make threats just because you are impotent, it makes you look silly

Ha so you believe the Hebrew scriptures, then you have no argument with the fact that the father of the person you call Jesus was Julius Pantera, it says so in the Tanahk. The Hebrew scriptures and is the reason that Jews do not believe jesus was the son of god.

There are also many eyewitnesses, documents and academics that deny the authenticity of much of the babble.

Wrong the original Christian belief was that your god was created by Sophia the goddess of wisdom. That could not wash with the one god movement, bye, bye Sophia. Just because itís not there now means the one god lot won the battle, just like the John/Jesus argument only had one winner.

So, I am sure some of them actually existed, that does not make the stories true, there is much evidence to contradict the babble stories.

Tou are welcome to your faith, believe whatever you want but donít lie about it.

“I'll keep your hand warm.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still tying? If you have a point to make, make it. Otherwise, I'd rather watch paint dry than waste my time with an idiot like you.
Tying? Do you mean trying?

Well it seems to me that I asked you to give an example of something that was conscience that wasn't a result of something physical. Then you, rather than admit that you couldn't do that went bat shit crazy.

Go figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Typical funditard.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a Christian all my life & never heard of having to "register". Where do you people come up with your "knowledge", I wonder.
Itís called a christening, have you never been christened, therefore you are not a christain so why call yourself one.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
You really used too many words in your reply to them. I can smell the burning from here.
I enjoy watching the smoke

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy watching the smoke
LOL.

That one brain cell wont smoke for long so enjoy it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís called a christening, have you never been christened, therefore you are not a christain so why call yourself one.
No. In order to be Christian one has to believe in Jesus. Ask for forgivenes and huble oneself before God. I did that when I was 5. I vividly remember that day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Tying? Do you mean trying?
Well it seems to me that I asked you to give an example of something that was conscience that wasn't a result of something physical. Then you, rather than admit that you couldn't do that went bat shit crazy.
Go figure.
Oops, I meant "typing"...

I dont know where youre going with the whole conscience thing, I made an example that you cant prove love (an emtion) no more than you can prove God.
It's fairh. It's belief. Thats why I posed the question? Do you love your mother? Prove it.

Then as typical on Topix, you went all half-ass on me, changing the subject ASAP.

Well. Prove that love exists. Dont go googlin it, just prove it to me, then I'll believe.(see how stupid you people sound).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. In order to be Christian one has to believe in Jesus. Ask for forgivenes and huble oneself before God. I did that when I was 5. I vividly remember that day.
There's an 'e' in forgiveness. Were you retarded at the age of 5?
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
what? are you telling me you think CHILDREN 16 and under should be on a computer 'chat sites' UNsupervised by parents?
now that is just scary.
You do have comprehension problems.

I pointed out that you are not in a position of authority to formulate those rules.

Regarding children under 16, personally I don't know what the rules are locally and globally.

My point would be in the case where the individual would clearly not be considered a child or is not in violation of the rules for his locality.

Again, I ask the question:

Do you think that you are in a position of authority?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*Humble

You don't make any conscience effort. No wonder you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, I meant "typing"...
I dont know where youre going with the whole conscience thing, I made an example that you cant prove love (an emtion) no more than you can prove God.
It's fairh. It's belief. Thats why I posed the question? Do you love your mother? Prove it.
Then as typical on Topix, you went all half-ass on me, changing the subject ASAP.
Well. Prove that love exists. Dont go googlin it, just prove it to me, then I'll believe.(see how stupid you people sound).
I didn't change the topic I started. I knew what I was getting at.

Emotions are measurable. So we have good reason to believe they exist.

Now answer my question. Can you give me one example of something that is conscience without physicality being involved.

“Body,Mind and Strength are HIS”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
She left of the "s" not the "e"..were you retarded at the age of 4? And still are..it seems...Grow up child! Grow Up!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Logistics Supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>She left of the "s" not the "e"..were you retarded at the age of 4? And still are..it seems...Grow up child! Grow Up!
Ok.

But they get to call me a tard and an idiot long before I said any of that, but that's ok by you? Because they're in your fundie club?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't change the topic I started. I knew what I was getting at.
Emotions are measurable. So we have good reason to believe they exist.
Now answer my question. Can you give me one example of something that is conscience without physicality being involved.
First of all, I started it. I asked YOU to prove to ME that love exists & yet again, you change the subject to conscience.....
What's wrong, can't back it up?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Dumb ass - I typed in an "E"......

Besides, I didn't know this was a spelling bee, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 495,861 - 495,880 of719,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

430 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Just Sayin 532,236
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 256,338
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min Hidingfromyou 93,645
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min Hasbharat Trolls Fixers 114,931
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min OnlyPatchWork 36,488
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... 48 min SexxyJake 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 223,974
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••