“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517546 Jul 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. A chemical reaction huh? hmmm
Prove it.
It must be why my kitty purrs from anticipation of being petted. She can't wait for that dopamine fix so she fluffs herself...mentally.

“I'll keep your hand warm.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517547 Jul 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. A chemical reaction huh? hmmm
Prove it.
Now then.

I might not have entirely satisfied you demand of proof. But at least I have tried.

Now could you answer my question.

You claim consciousness is not unique to physicality or the process of something physical.

Show me one example where that is the case.

Location hidden

#517548 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody makes typos occasionally, can we give the corrections a rest? It makes too many goshdarn posts to keep up with and if you guys don't relent I'm not going to play any more.
I'll make plenty of them myself, today; I've got a headache that's messing with my syntax. It hurts too much to sleep or watch tv, it's raining so I can't be in my yard and I can't drive with a migraine... what a way to spend a day off; flaming t@rds on Topix!:-(
Again a believer attacks me for biting back. You fellow believer had already called me a tard and an idiot long before I stared having a go back. If someone wants to call me these things why shouldn't I defend myself?

Now nano, I fully expect you to ride your high horse over to redneck and tell her the way the cold wind blows for attacking me first. Or are you just part of the fundie bully club?

Thank you.
Taina

London, UK

#517549 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called reading books. I have come to the conclusion more atheists have read the bible than believers. It's practically the atheist hand book.
Go figure.
I find Atheists weird if what you say is true,why invest your time,energy and oxygen in reading a book that you dont believe in or agree in.

Location hidden

#517550 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
Give me one example of conscience without a physical being.
Don't you mean "consciousness"?

Location hidden

#517551 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Again a believer attacks me for biting back. You fellow believer had already called me a tard and an idiot long before I stared having a go back. If someone wants to call me these things why shouldn't I defend myself?
Now nano, I fully expect you to ride your high horse over to redneck and tell her the way the cold wind blows for attacking me first. Or are you just part of the fundie bully club?
Thank you.
I hope that "everyone" quits with the typo corrections. It wastes space and time and it's lame.:p

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#517552 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody makes typos occasionally, can we give the corrections a rest? It makes too many goshdarn posts to keep up with and if you guys don't relent I'm not going to play any more.
I'll make plenty of them myself, today; I've got a headache that's messing with my syntax. It hurts too much to sleep or watch tv, it's raining so I can't be in my yard and I can't drive with a migraine... what a way to spend a day off; flaming t@rds on Topix!:-(
They have a sin tax where you live (I'll ignore your misspelling)?

Location hidden

#517553 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
I find Atheists weird if what you say is true,why invest your time,energy and oxygen in reading a book that you dont believe in or agree in.
I'm personally interested in the reasons behind belief. Why people are drawn to a god or gods. If I understand the principles of their beliefs then I can relate to and discuss belief systems with an open mind

whilst I'm not a believer I also like to read about how religion impacts on cultures and societies.

I find reading the books and researching about religion gives me a good insight into how earlier man controlled the masses and how it helped bind and build civilizations. Also I'm very bloody minded so I like to be informed.

What I find strange is the amount of believers that don't read their own books but are happy to tell other people how it is, where they are going wrong and how they should live their lives.

Location hidden

#517554 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that "everyone" quits with the typo corrections. It wastes space and time and it's lame.:p
I agree.

Location hidden

#517555 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you mean "consciousness"?
No it still reads right.

Location hidden

#517556 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It must be why my kitty purrs from anticipation of being petted. She can't wait for that dopamine fix so she fluffs herself...mentally.
She just want food....Basically. If someone else starts feeding her tastier meat she'll drop you like a hot rock.

Location hidden

#517557 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
*Humble
You don't make any conscience effort. No wonder you don't understand the meaning of the word.
"Conscience" is defined as a "moral sense of right and wrong". "Conscious" is "being aware of surroundings".
Meaning is far more important to communication than punctuation, i.e., we aren't being graded on this cr@p.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#517558 Jul 9, 2012
Taina wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to actually find out if we agree or believe in it or not. You should try it. The single piece of literature responsible for creating the largest number of atheists is the Bible.

Most Christians haven't actually read it. They just know what a preacher told them it says.

Location hidden

#517559 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered you!
I said love was a chemical reaction. Remember?
Your memory is shocking.
What came first; the love or the chemical? XD

Location hidden

#517560 Jul 9, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a sin tax where you live (I'll ignore your misspelling)?
I noticed.

Location hidden

#517561 Jul 9, 2012
Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
She just want food....Basically. If someone else starts feeding her tastier meat she'll drop you like a hot rock.
Nope, she's passed up food to get to me. I'm been thinking about putting her on YouTube. She's amazing.

Location hidden

#517562 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Conscience" is defined as a "moral sense of right and wrong". "Conscious" is "being aware of surroundings".
Meaning is far more important to communication than punctuation, i.e., we aren't being graded on this cr@p.
It is if someone doesn't understand the meaning of the word.
Stosch Stanislaczieczes ki

Lansdowne, PA

#517563 Jul 9, 2012
Brother Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't, although it's easy to understand it or perceive it that way. It's simply a misunderstanding. Jesus was fully God, housed within a human body. Greek mythology states that Hercules was son of Zeus and a human mother by physical sexual union. Jesus wasn't conceived sexually. Therefore, Jesus isn't a demi-god.
Hello, Brother Marine.

ok, If jesus was not conceived sexually as you say, then wouldn't some type of artificial insemination be an alternative?

I mean, let's face it.
The gospels say that sexual union of some type had to occur.

That's the only way that it works, ever since Eve gave Adam the bum apple...lol.

You can believe whatever you'd like but deep down inside you know that it takes to to tango.
Either jesus was 100% human which means that Joe and Mary danced or Jesus was a demigod, a deity and Mary dancing.
All cultures taught this thousands of tears before Jesus.
Jesus was no exception.

Location hidden

#517564 Jul 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What came first; the love or the chemical? XD
Well love is unique to the animal world.

If I was to guess I would say at least the building blocks of the chemicals involved may have come first.

Pure speculation.
Taina

London, UK

#517565 Jul 9, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What matter? That E=MC^2 proves that no entity as described in KJV Revelations 19:6 can exist in this universe.
What matter? That the Jewish bible, the Roman archives (several times and independently), the canon of Marcion (condemned as heretic for telling the truth), the gnostic gospels and St Paul himself (prior to his conversion) contradict modern christian belief in the jesus story
What matter? That the myth of your god is documented in your own a babble as an egotesticle, genocidal, child murdering apologist for rapists. You want verses?
Or was it something else? What are you calling me out on?
When will you all stop blaming God for mans actions..Blame....Blame and more Blame ..all the projection seems to come from Atheists and others,when you fail to look at you're own wrong doing but have the gall and Audacity to Judge GOD...that is what is the matter with the world..you and people with your mindset.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Oxbow 545,128
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 228,592
There Are ALIENS Living On Earth 7 min Bev Jamison 10
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 7 min Curtis Lowe 28
C A Schools Purging Libraries Of All Christian ... 14 min Bev Jamison 4
Best tips for health 16 min Bev Jamison 10
Are Women Intentionally Stupid? 17 min Curtis Lowe 22
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Charlie Sheen 260,223
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Lyndi 174,203
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 hr Hot Top 2020 979

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE