Prove there's a god.

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments (Page 24,426)

Showing posts 488,501 - 488,520 of679,477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Free

Bondi, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508637
Jun 10, 2012
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
We have different perspectives. I see energy as that space in motion. You have streams, such as magnetic fluxes, and you have packets of those streams caught in loops because of the pressure of space, that become electricity and mass. The pressure of space creates gravity because the motion with causes a density differential.
Re the loops. Picture a syringe full of water inserted into a closed vessel full of water, and no gravity. Totally static and closed. Push the syringe and it starts a stream that encounters the resistance of the pressure of space, and then is redirected to fill in its wake. It mushrooms out and then closes behind itself. The pressure keeps it moving. You have a spinning bubble of space that becomes a "particle". This resistance and closing behind is also the reason for inertia. Space would of course have to be some sort of superfluid with no granularity, or extremely tiny.
A hypothesis I have based upon material stuff. What I feel is this matter and energy is a circuitry created for us to occupy and modify. Kind of like test programs. If they work and have a use, then they are saved.
I like you, i really do. Your understanding of all that is is very interesting. I like your posts.
But matter and energy are the same thing. Matter is energy, period. You cannot have matter without energy, but you can have energy without matter.
So energy creates, there is no dout, and that energy is a superfluid.
You say that energy and matter is a circuity created for us to occupy and modify.
But firstly the energy must create matter, there is the first process. Matter needs to be created. So here we have foresight, we have energy thinking, we have energy with a direct plan. A plan for separteness, a world where separation creates a material world, which is still just an illusion.
But this illusion of separte entitys creates emotions, and emotions / feelings are all energy based.
Fact Checker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508639
Jun 10, 2012
 
Atheist Stumped by Overwhelming Evidence for Jesus' Existence...From an AGNOSTIC LIBERAL Scholar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“TRIED LIFE? TRY ENLIGHTENMENT!”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508640
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Proof?
First of all make clear your definition of God, puhleesee!!

It's no some old man with a face, hand on the gun, a rising eyebrow, and temperament!

The creator is extremely intelligent, self-aware unified field of consciousness that the 5 human senses can never perceive.

If you want to 'know' God, then 'know' it, don't just 'believe' by reading a text or two.'Realise' the unified field of consciousness by 'knowing' yourself because a drop of that unified ocean of consciousness is in you too, buddy! Not 'knowing' the brain, the lungs, the guts, and the biological part of you. But something that supersedes all this and that in you which the senses cannot perceive.

Know thyself.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508641
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

To prove there is a God to a non believer is impossible. You can lay out all of the information that there is and none of it is any good without faith. Faith in Him is what gets us through when someone challenges His existance. If I couldn't love God, who would I love, someone that challenges my fight for life with the belief in God? I can't prove to you there is a God if you can live on this planet with all of the proof we have and you still don't believe in God. Good luck and God Bless.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508642
Jun 10, 2012
 
atheists_worst_nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see your mistake. You don't know where to take the Bible literally and where to understand its metaphors. A commentary might help out.
In Deuteronomy 32, God is described as an eagle for illustrative purposes. The nest is the nation of Israel. Now read all of this chapter and see if it makes sense. Here's a clue- stop using the King James Version.'Why' you ask?
The KJV is a poetic masterpiece, but it was written with very limited knowledge of the original Greek manuscripts. The New Living Translation (NLT) and The Message are very good translations. The Good News Bible isn't bad either. We know a lot more about the Greek literary techniques of writing than was known when the KJV was translated. The KJV is probably the worst version for understanding the use of metaphor and sarcasm in ancient writing.
the kjv is probably the worst version, period

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508643
Jun 10, 2012
 
Silent__________Assassin wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, it is always belief, if you rely on the evidence. Most of the world believed there were 9 planets until in 2006 it was proven a lie and that there are only 8 planets. You have no idea what that gravity formula means and you have never tested it. Your are the rote student. Your faith is that you were not lied to and the photos staged, when they showed man walking on the moon. 99% of the world believed the SCIENTIST who said that the world was flat and they were wrong.
However, that said we were discussing gravity at work, when one jumps off an 100 story building. We believe that gravity ceases at a certain height, we believe that the height is not 100 stories but higher. Gravity is believed to be relative and you take that on faith, until you conduct your own experiments.
You were not following the discussion.
1. The first European to discover America is alleged to be Leif Erickson in 1001 AD, but history gives the credit to Chris Columbus in 1492.
2. History says the people were Indians, but they were the Tainos in the Bahamas
3. Columbus did not discover the continent America until 1498.
There are so many things that you are taught as fact, but they are just wrong.
When science is wrong, it is science that discovers the error and corrects it. When does religion do this? See Leviticus 14 for the answer and God's cure for leprosy.

Gravity does not cease at any height. Obviously, you are the product of home schooling, probably self taught.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508644
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

atheists_worst_nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a cop out answer that 50 years ago the word 'gay' usually referred to a state of happiness? "Robert is gay." in 1960 meant that Robert was happy and had nothing to do at all with homosexuality. Today if you hear "Robert is gay." it's because there's an indication that Robert is homosexual.
If word usage can change in just 50 years, isn't it possible for word usage to change even more in 4,000 years? The only cop out is your refusal to accept an answer that challenges your willful ignorance.
Yep! You are more correct than you know. Not only is the Buybull 2000 year old sheepherder fable, but no two translators can agree on what it says in english. Here, take a look for yourself; http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508645
Jun 10, 2012
 
DebJ wrote:
I lost my 'faith' due to the sheer outrageousness and contradictions of the bible.
Could you give a few examples of contradictions? Most describe their loss of faith as some sort of intellectual development. In my experience it has more to do with some sort of moral crisis. Married men have affairs. Leave their wives. People drink habitually and excessively and get tired of going to church with a hangover. They get offended or convicted for one reason or another. One lady was confronted about making fun of other members and left.
Actually, I went the last several years on stubborn 'faith' alone as the questions and my conscience weren't on good speaking terms.
What a person says can always be questioned because people know how to lie and yes I've seen many hypocrits with their Saturday night drunkeness and Sunday purity. So where does that leave us?
Oh btw, I tithed for 10 years. Many xtians consistantly overlook that part, they prefer to run their mouths instead of reaching into their wallets.
Sorry, no frustrations here. The useless weight of religion is off my shoulders now and there's no going back to the fall back 'god of the gaps.'
Do you question your atheism? Is atheism your defaut position you do not have to defend becaues a negative cannot be proven?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508647
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

premie wrote:
Proof?
First of all make clear your definition of God, puhleesee!!
It's no some old man with a face, hand on the gun, a rising eyebrow, and temperament!
The creator is extremely intelligent, self-aware unified field of consciousness that the 5 human senses can never perceive.
If you want to 'know' God, then 'know' it, don't just 'believe' by reading a text or two.'Realise' the unified field of consciousness by 'knowing' yourself because a drop of that unified ocean of consciousness is in you too, buddy! Not 'knowing' the brain, the lungs, the guts, and the biological part of you. But something that supersedes all this and that in you which the senses cannot perceive.
Know thyself.
That is the way I heard it.

These simple minded creatures that see only in the physical lack the spark to transcend themselves and their environment.

It was those that set there and wondered who and what they are, going beyond just getting laid and eating and having a good time that began religion, science and deeper thought. Makes for a richer life experience, also.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508648
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DebJ wrote:
I have....several times. I was a Sunday School Teacher for 10 years dearie. Where do you think atheists come from? We are carefully taught the bible and then we grow up and move on.
Like Stalin who moved on to bigger and better things.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508649
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Free wrote:
<quoted text> I like you, i really do. Your understanding of all that is is very interesting. I like your posts.
But matter and energy are the same thing. Matter is energy, period. You cannot have matter without energy, but you can have energy without matter.
So energy creates, there is no dout, and that energy is a superfluid.
You say that energy and matter is a circuity created for us to occupy and modify.
But firstly the energy must create matter, there is the first process. Matter needs to be created. So here we have foresight, we have energy thinking, we have energy with a direct plan. A plan for separteness, a world where separation creates a material world, which is still just an illusion.
But this illusion of separte entitys creates emotions, and emotions / feelings are all energy based.
Energy is motion. Still water exists, but has no observable definition. The water has to be disturbed to see anything.

I have been quite heartened by the quality of posters such as yourself, lightbeamrider, Silent, and some others on here, including Buck. The highest concentration of really deep thinkers I have seen since I got on in November of 2010. I mean some heavy thought has been introduced here.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508650
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Energy is motion. Still water exists, but has no observable definition. The water has to be disturbed to see anything.
I have been quite heartened by the quality of posters such as yourself, lightbeamrider, Silent, and some others on here, including Buck. The highest concentration of really deep thinkers I have seen since I got on in November of 2010. I mean some heavy thought has been introduced here.
A big reason i am here Dave is to learn from men like you. It also helps to sharpen debate skills when dealing face to face with skeptics.

Since: Jun 12

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508651
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Apollyon wrote:
WHY GOD DOESN'T EXIST
CELESTIAL ORIGINS OF RELIGIOUS BELIEF
"Astrotheological Evidence of Jesus Myth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The study of solar mythology (astrotheology) indicates that savior myths, including that of Jesus Christ, had their origin in the heavens. Ancient people looked up at the heavens, noted patterns and regular movements of the sun, moon and stars.
The height of the sun told them the time of day - the phases of the moon told them the time of the month - the position of the constellations in the night sky told them the time of the year - useful information if you want to know when to plant, when to harvest, when to hunt, when to feast, when to celebrate the re-birth of the sun in winter. They made up fables as a way of passing on their knowledge to future generations.
After thousands of years, these fables lost their original meanings and instead came to be believed as true accounts of the lives of past and present supernatural beings/gods. This was encouraged by the growing priesthood. More time passed and these stories began to be incorporated into their religious beliefs - sun gods, moon goddesses etc. Stories circulated about some of these 'sun gods' making themselves visible on earth - these were the suns/sons of gods. The rest I leave to your imagination...
For a more detailed explanation, visit David Deley's site at:
http://members.cox.net/deleyd/index.htm
and
Acharya S's (author of 'The Christ Conspiracy'}
site at:
http://www.truthbeknown.com
Astrotheology: http://www.truthbeknown.com/astrotheology.htm...
A STUDY was done, lol. A STUDY, now what physical proof did this study have? What physical evidence did this study have? This study, you know is someones opinion. A study of the sun TOLD them what time of day it was? Did the SUN speak to them and say, hey idiot its 12 o'clock, take note of it. "They made up fables as a way of passing on their knowledge to future generations". So you have proof that Jesus is a fable, just because someone teaches you that He is and that teacher is relying on WHAT for his proof? someone said that someone said that someone said, that its all a myth from many many years ago. BS
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508652
Jun 10, 2012
 
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> A big reason i am here Dave is to learn from men like you. It also helps to sharpen debate skills when dealing face to face with skeptics.
... and you will wonder why people here think you are another Dave suck puppet.
Free

Bondi, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508653
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Energy is motion. Still water exists, but has no observable definition. The water has to be disturbed to see anything.
I have been quite heartened by the quality of posters such as yourself, lightbeamrider, Silent, and some others on here, including Buck. The highest concentration of really deep thinkers I have seen since I got on in November of 2010. I mean some heavy thought has been introduced here.
Thankyou. I have been reading your posts for quite a while now, it is the only reason i keep coming back. I come back just to observe, never comment till now.
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508654
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Morefedup wrote:
<quoted text>
A STUDY was done, lol. A STUDY, now what physical proof did this study have? What physical evidence did this study have? This study, you know is someones opinion. A study of the sun TOLD them what time of day it was? Did the SUN speak to them and say, hey idiot its 12 o'clock, take note of it. "They made up fables as a way of passing on their knowledge to future generations". So you have proof that Jesus is a fable, just because someone teaches you that He is and that teacher is relying on WHAT for his proof? someone said that someone said that someone said, that its all a myth from many many years ago. BS
There are many reasons to believe that it is a myth, such as the "miracles."

Consider the impact that the story of superman has on.

It is an invented tale, based on ideas that made sense at the time.

An alien that looks like us that has special powers because he is an alien.

He is quick to help a tiny percentage of humanity with mostly personal problems.

Although, he has unlimited intelligence and almost unlimited power, he cannot solve the major problems affecting humanity such as poverty and disease.

Instead, he goes one on one with a few criminals, some of them human but somehow as intelligent as he is.

Always, he triumphs over these "impossible" odds.

In the case of Jesus, he walked on water, turned water into wine, fed a small group of people on a mountain, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed the blind, healing the lepers, etc.

If Jesus/Jehovah wanted to make an impact, he could have wiped out blindness, leprosy and all other diseases and disabilities that ail human.

The question would be why did god create these deadly microbes in the first place and why did he allow Noah to shelter then on the ark.

Okay, microbes are not mentioned on the ark, because the preliterates who were supposedly inspired by an omniscient being were not aware that microbes exist.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508655
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> A big reason i am here Dave is to learn from men like you. It also helps to sharpen debate skills when dealing face to face with skeptics.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think you need to learn as much as you just need to polish what you already know. You don't really "learn" from other men, you just gather info and perspectives you fit into your own logic.

Learning is a funny term. You can learn processes, but putting them together in a coherent and useful manner is something else. Topix atheists love to learn, but they have problems learning from what they learned. Simple minded. They look at the shiny things and don't give a thought, or can't, to what makes them shiny. They are learned gentlemen and women, but dumb. Dumb enough to go out and call others chapters ahead of them dumb and evil and all sorts of things. I could elaborate more on that, but won't.

Topix atheists tend to be such shitheads.

“TRIED LIFE? TRY ENLIGHTENMENT!”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508656
Jun 10, 2012
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the way I heard it.
These simple minded creatures that see only in the physical lack the spark to transcend themselves and their environment.
It was those that set there and wondered who and what they are, going beyond just getting laid and eating and having a good time that began religion, science and deeper thought. Makes for a richer life experience, also.
Yeah. I know what you mean! It is difficult, but not impossible. It requires sheer determination and commitment. But to the most what it requires is, no double games and hypocrisy with one's 'own self'!
henry

Altengottern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508657
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Like Stalin who moved on to bigger and better things.
Of course I am a Marxist, an Atheist and against any religion. Religion is opium, so it is hostile to any man. Capitalism in the final stage is of devastating wars.
Free

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#508658
Jun 10, 2012
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Energy is motion. Still water exists, but has no observable definition. The water has to be disturbed to see anything.
I have been quite heartened by the quality of posters such as yourself, lightbeamrider, Silent, and some others on here, including Buck. The highest concentration of really deep thinkers I have seen since I got on in November of 2010. I mean some heavy thought has been introduced here.
Yes energy is motion, hence a fluid medium of energy can create through motion. Like eddies in a river. We need spiral, we need movement which can create standing points though spin, for spin is the answer. Spin / torsion / vortex , call it what you like but it is all the same.
Our solar system plus galaxy are in a spin. When we look to the heavens we see spin. A spin of cycles, a spin of constant recycle. The word recycle when broken down means what? It ultimately means going around in circles.
The Mayans knew this, and to this day we still try to shoot their knowledge down.
We cannot fathom how intelligent they were.
Instead our ego's take control and we try to hide their knowledge of cycles.
They lived in jungles we say, they were barbaric we say. How can any entity be so barbaric if they were so connected to the universal cycle ?.


,,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 488,501 - 488,520 of679,477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

513 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min yon 37,995
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 250,288
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Clearwater 216,406
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min pusherman_ 511,745
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 26 min I love panties 132
I have a Face Farting Fetish!! 31 min Ryan 22
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min pusherman_ 596,449
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr nudes48 106
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 9 hr Jturner4643 217
•••
•••
•••