“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#508938 Jun 11, 2012
no one with any common sense could consider evolution as logical or possible.

you think about it.

the evolutionist position is that ALL of life, all twenty million species of life and all their subsystems, and sub-sub systems originated from an ACCIDENTAL random UNpurposed UNplanned conglomeration of chemicals conjoining in a mystical POOL OF MUD!

anotherwords life came from NONlife.
which is IMPOSSIBLE.
this foolishness is called "Abiogenesis".

the thing is ... the truth is, the SIMPLE evidence OF man and his abilities, DEFY the concept of evolution.

“"Look deep into my eye"”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#508939 Jun 11, 2012
Phil Gray wrote:
<quoted text>You are such a simpleton rag wipe.
It was a joke, sorry if I offended you,...Dave knew it was a joke.
Don't name call, it's childish behavior.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508940 Jun 11, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>It is so funny, they always play to a dumb audience that is not here and prove they are dumb.
They actually think that mutation, breeding, natural selection, genetic drift and allele frequency are signs and evidence of evolution. Which simply demonstrates that they were poor rote students, without common sense but instead have common confusion.
Natural selection simply means that nature and environment creates a situation where the more fit, stronger fit or survival of the fittest survives. A choice between two selections, that exist together. Evolution theorists hate the use of survival of the fittest, because it reveals to much of the errors in evolution theory.
The long-neck and short-neck giraffe existed together. Long-neck could get his feed from the trees and did not have to go out in the plains where they would be prey. Short-neck could not reach the tress and eventually died out due to going on in the plains and being eaten as prey. Survival of the fittest.
so true.

actually when you look at the entire picture of Atheism, you understand why they adopt evolution in the first place.
first, they need SOMETHING to explain away God
Secondly, they themselves are self serving and rebellious in nature so the THEORY of evolution which basically says,'any thing goes...(everything is radom)..... no purpose, no soul, nothing greater than themself, is exactly what evolution is all about.
accidental, unplanned, unpurposed, believing nature rules.
that is why the atheist has so much in common with his or her evolution theory.

tell me please who in their right mind could really believe life came about from NON-life?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#508941 Jun 11, 2012
You don't do 70 revolutions around the sun, going through quite the firestorm and crucible of variable energy transfers more or less intact without a little help from the "outside", or "inside".

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508942 Jun 11, 2012
Lily the aborter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said...if you do NOT understand the mechanism that causes evolution, do not try to debate it because it makes you look stupid.
Mutations are flaws but flaws can be beneficial to the species. A change in coat color may make it harder for predators to see a rodent in a certain environment. That coat color change was caused by a mutation in that rodent's DNA. Hence, the mutation was beneficial to that species because that rodent will live longer and produce more offspring (some with the same mutation) and may eventually THAT coat color may be standard for all rodents of that species. This is some of the mechanism of evolution. Like I said...take a class or do some research because you do NOT know what evolution entails.
You should also take a zoology course because there are many species (different forms of tetrapods) that have walked on land while being able to swim in the ocean. Seriously Patty/Yellodog, your lack of understanding and level of education is appalling.
BTW, if a baby is born with 6 toes instead of 5, it means that there was a mutation somewhere in the child's DNA/chromosomes. Having 6 toes is not really beneficial or detrimental to the species so I really don't understand the question. In fact, it's a stupid question. There are also benign mutations which are nether good nor bad for a species.
Oh and FYI...I don't "need" to do anything. I am not yours to order around. I take orders from NO ONE. Thankyouverymuch.
Transition...transition. Like I said...appalling.
I look stupid? really? YOU don't even seem to understand the definition of EVOLUTION.
open a dictionary.
EVOLUTION is the changing of one SPCIES to a totally different species.

not mutation.

if one EVOLVES that means they change into something 'beyond' what they were.
greater than.

mutation IS not evolution.
scientists will tell you that much.

you atheist believe that LIFE orignated from NON-life.
that is impossible.

why do you think evolution is the religion of atheism?
DUH......because it excludes God.

no one in their right mind can believe that everything came from nothing.
that life is UNplanned, UNpurposed, random, and everything was an accident from 'magical' chemicals in a pool of mud.
which spawned over 20 million species.thats nuts.

Since: May 10

Feltham, UK

#508943 Jun 11, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
so true.
actually when you look at the entire picture of Atheism, you understand why they adopt evolution in the first place.
first, they need SOMETHING to explain away God
Secondly, they themselves are self serving and rebellious in nature so the THEORY of evolution which basically says,'any thing goes...(everything is radom)..... no purpose, no soul, nothing greater than themself, is exactly what evolution is all about.
accidental, unplanned, unpurposed, believing nature rules.
that is why the atheist has so much in common with his or her evolution theory.
tell me please who in their right mind could really believe life came about from NON-life?
lol you do know countless scientists (who even believe in God) have stated we came about from evolution.

Since: May 10

Feltham, UK

#508944 Jun 11, 2012
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
I look stupid? really? YOU don't even seem to understand the definition of EVOLUTION.
open a dictionary.
EVOLUTION is the changing of one SPCIES to a totally different species.
not mutation.
if one EVOLVES that means they change into something 'beyond' what they were.
greater than.
mutation IS not evolution.
scientists will tell you that much.
you atheist believe that LIFE orignated from NON-life.
that is impossible.
why do you think evolution is the religion of atheism?
DUH......because it excludes God.
no one in their right mind can believe that everything came from nothing.
that life is UNplanned, UNpurposed, random, and everything was an accident from 'magical' chemicals in a pool of mud.
which spawned over 20 million species.thats nuts.
ROFL You're funny bruv...

Evolution is any change across successive generations in the inherited characteristics of biological populations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.

Species evolve you moron:
Modern humans evolved from a lineage of upright-walking apes that has been traced back over 6 Ma to Sahelanthropus.

Lol I believe in God, but it's quite apparent that we didn't fall from the sky. It's also apparent we didn't manifest outta Adam and Eve.

ROFL Your masturbation over Christianity has led you to believe science is wrong. lulz I guess you'll be jacking off to the Bible when you get a urinary tract infection, rather than take antibiotics which were developed ONLY thanks to developments in science & medicine.

“im in persuit of happiness”

Since: Aug 11

philly

#508945 Jun 11, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is actually a very realistic version of the christian doctrine. You have my respect for having actually brought your religious belief to terms with reality. If more would be like you, there would be far fewer problems in the US right now.
thank you kitten . i do not personally believe there is a god . do i know it for a fact ? no . i do know that to my knowledge there has been no actual proof of god as defined by science . i do not begrudge anyone who believes in god . i disagree but that is it .

i think religion is now and has always been nothing more than a tool used by people in power to keep the masses under control . i personally dont need religion to tell me how to live my life , or to keep me from doing the wrong things .
i live by a few easy to follow rules . always try to help people who ask for help . always try to not do anything that will harm others . if you do cause harm to someone appologize and try to make amends . take responsibility for things that are your fault . treat yourself with respect and treat others with respect . always put the needs of children ahead of the needs of adults .
so far they have served me pretty well .

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#508946 Jun 11, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The only mutations that count in evolution are those that are in the sperm and egg that survive to reproduce.
Your skin and other cells don't matter at all.
Not entirely accurate. ;)

You genes do go through some minor mutations through life, some caused by viruses others by environment.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/mutationsandd...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation

The wiki has more information, but the gov site is short and sweet.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508947 Jun 11, 2012
stoney1215 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you kitten . i do not personally believe there is a god . do i know it for a fact ? no . i do know that to my knowledge there has been no actual proof of god as defined by science . i do not begrudge anyone who believes in god . i disagree but that is it .
i think religion is now and has always been nothing more than a tool used by people in power to keep the masses under control . i personally dont need religion to tell me how to live my life , or to keep me from doing the wrong things .
i live by a few easy to follow rules . always try to help people who ask for help . always try to not do anything that will harm others . if you do cause harm to someone appologize and try to make amends . take responsibility for things that are your fault . treat yourself with respect and treat others with respect . always put the needs of children ahead of the needs of adults .
so far they have served me pretty well .
Ethics are a great standard for living, I do agree with you about religion. I just try to be nice to the decent religious folks, they'll come around to advancing sooner or later, especially after they tire of the fundies abusing their religious ideals.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#508948 Jun 11, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you do it again, in 500 words or less?
Good day.

I am Double Fine's assistant.

Do what?

San Francisco, CA

#508949 Jun 11, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave...your not talking to yourself, are you? lol
Mimi, I may be, but I'm not Dave.

Thank god.

Location hidden

#508950 Jun 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank god.
For really.

I thank whatever power there is every day such a thing didn't happen. Not that I would be able to notice the downgrade if such did happen.

San Francisco, CA

#508951 Jun 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
For really.
I thank whatever power there is every day such a thing didn't happen. Not that I would be able to notice the downgrade if such did happen.
?

Location hidden

#508952 Jun 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank god.
I think that without a doubt everyone on here is nuts...nothings making sense is it? Have you been talking to yourself? They say
(whoever 'they' are), that talking to yourself is good for you..
Just don't do it in front of people.(:

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#508953 Jun 11, 2012
mimi57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that without a doubt everyone on here is nuts...nothings making sense is it? Have you been talking to yourself? They say
(whoever 'they' are), that talking to yourself is good for you..
Just don't do it in front of people.(:
An interesting point of fact here, the reason it has been said that talking to yourself is good is due to the fact that your mind can work "too fast" on ideas and concepts. It's much the same purpose as "sleeping on it." When you speak your thoughts out loud you force the brain to slow it's thought process, it works with typing as well, so you can organize them better. When you are doing nothing but thinking, no external stimuli or activity, then often many thoughts will happen simultaneously, making them almost chaotic in the mind itself, the unused processing power gets used in the thought process as well. Even common tasks like cleaning or jogging can help as well, but when all else fails, talk to yourself.:p

I know, I'm a geek.
BlockandTackle

North Vernon, IN

#508954 Jun 11, 2012
Silent_______Assassin wrote:
<quoted text>boooots,with all due respect, read Matthews 3. I think that Jesus is the authority, not the practices of religion and denominations. There were also religions before Jesus arrive.
Well, if you consider Jesus a myth then Matthews 3 and the entire Bible are myths. But, since we are talking about religious doctrine, one can not be a Christian and bypass Matthew 3.
You simply read wrong, since there are born-again Jews now Christian Jews, which were the original Christians, Jesus being a Jew Himself.
Why would a pharisee, a Pope, a priest or pastor teach Matthews 3, if they themselves were not born-again?????????? I was not taught it, and yet it sits right there in the midst of the gospels. "Nicodemus sat on a sycamore tree and asked can man be born again, cause all that he could see was flesh from see to sea." (I made that up)
The problem becomes the teacher, not Christ, not the Bible and not Christianity.
The statement that one has to be a born again is absolutely true, as Jesus said you MUST be born again.
What does MUST mean?
Answer: It means that you are not a Christian and therefore you not being a Christian is a statement of your always was condition.
Got to go, I hope you learned. I doubt so, because few come here to learn. But, if you did, then great.
God Bless and Jesus is always Lord, from beginning and throughout eternity.
You need to have a look at history . In particular the correlation of known historical facts , figures , actions , and qoutes between the biblical account of Jesus and the historical account of Julius Caesar . http://www.carotta.de subseite/texta/esumma.html

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#508955 Jun 11, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
I can prove the non-existence of an elephant in my bathroom.
How? Well, if there were an elephant in my bathroom, there would be evidence of one. Since there is no such evidence, I can conclude there is no elephant there.
Same with the fundamentalist Christian god. If this being existed, there would be a lot of evidence of his existence. But there is none. So, I conclude he does not exist.
(This would not apply to all gods. There could be a Deist type god.)
Regarding your elephant example you are correct, because elephants do exist and we know that as most of us have actually seen one either in person or on tv or a movie. So proving there is no evidence of an elephant in your bathroom is perfectly 100% legitimate.

In the case of the Abrahamic God, though, even though we know that no evidence exists, that anyone from beginning of time until today has seen, that has proved that this god exist, we cannot 100% be certain that He doesn't exist outside our ability to see the evidence.

What troubles me greatly is those who claim there is up to zillions of evidences of God (actually of proof that the Bible is correct, which would imply then that God also exists) which is 100% a lie, as there is no evidences so far found that confirms the Bible to be a factual account rather than a mythical account. Similar or same names of people or places do no confirm stories to be true.

Many of Stephen King's novels have similar names of people and places but even he would tell us they are not true accounts.

I would think by now that these hoards of professional archeologists, that have found zillions of proofs of the Bible must be getting pretty irate, almost to the point of going postal, that no one yet has taken them seriously.

Location hidden

#508956 Jun 11, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting point of fact here, the reason it has been said that talking to yourself is good is due to the fact that your mind can work "too fast" on ideas and concepts. It's much the same purpose as "sleeping on it." When you speak your thoughts out loud you force the brain to slow it's thought process, it works with typing as well, so you can organize them better. When you are doing nothing but thinking, no external stimuli or activity, then often many thoughts will happen simultaneously, making them almost chaotic in the mind itself, the unused processing power gets used in the thought process as well. Even common tasks like cleaning or jogging can help as well, but when all else fails, talk to yourself.:p
I know, I'm a geek.
I agree, makes a lot of sense.(:

Location hidden

#508957 Jun 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
?
I wouldn't want to be you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola: The Natural and Human History of a Deadl... 10 min andet1987 3
Ebola - Six Reasons to Panic 11 min CorruptedMedia 26
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 550,566
minecraft Jasin Tommaso Nelson Mandela Schule Y... 15 min khaouater 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min WildWeirdWillie 174,517
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min ChromiuMan 5,561
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Dr_Zorderz 262,018
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 2 hr dubaimassage 121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 602,716

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE