|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists are such sweet and caring people....
Some are.

Others as just as you.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Others as just as you - Others are just as you.

Dang secretary.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Noah's ark story is so absurd, I wonder if it was meant to be taken literally. Imagine being on a boat lined with tar, and 140,000 birds for months. Have you ever cleaned up a bird cage with one bird in it after one day? And that's just the birds.
I think the people who drowned got the better end of that deal...
I have.

It ain't purdy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Silent_______Assassin wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHA.....you need to charge her rent. You are just a H Lesbo idiot here spewing your hate. You will probably go to one of the websites you all spend your time creating, just so you could try to recover the butts she snatched from you.
All of you have negative butt sizes, because she stripped you of your butt and made asses of you all.
You are so insignificant that you advertise for yellodog every time you post. You are one sick prick. You were likely abused in a zoo, without a clue, by the zoo crew and that is nothing new.
HAHAHA..
BYE, I see it is the Barney Fife, idiot hour starring you.
Enjoy, your alone time on this thread.
LOL. What a dork.

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no intention of replying to all of those questions, nor of actually reading all of them. Very few pertain to anything I have said anyway. You are lumping me in with every other non-believer in the world, and referring to Dawkins, one of whose books I have read, is meaningless to me, because I am not as educated in the areas he is to intelligently comment on what he says.
I do though know that the Bible has been disproved in many areas, and I have stated many of those proofs on here over the past two years, and I repeat, am not going to state them again, just to be called a liar, when a liar is someone who says something that he does not believe to be true, to deceive others. I do not say things (on here) that I do not believe to be true, unless I state they are not true. I do not tell lies.
I have become exhausted by covering the same items so many thousands of times on this site. When a point was wrong the first time it was stated, it is still wrong the 1000th time.
morning Boooots..
How about copying and pasting some of your old posts..?:-)
I'm sure there will be relevant one for every eventuality, here..!
eternalrock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Strange truths in the Bible: eternal life, literally "don't know what they do," somewhat and probably "eternal hell fire," god is everywhere.

Earth being an illusion under puppet control is the reason for the coincidences.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

eternalrock wrote:
Strange truths in the Bible: eternal life, literally "don't know what they do," somewhat and probably "eternal hell fire," god is everywhere.
Earth being an illusion under puppet control is the reason for the coincidences.
You've been doing 'shrooms again, huh?

Since: May 10

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

hahhahahahahahahahah I was @ Download 2012 and saw Metallica, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath, Opeth, Nightwish, Megadeth, Anthrax etc.

U jly pplz?

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
A little dose of reality for our evolutionary atheist friends on here.
They like to think they will have their shit together and pass on into nothingness, all in one fell swoop.
Let's forget deities. Let's do science.
You have heard of the different levels of the brain. Human, mammalian, and reptilian. Various levels of organization that make the whole, with different support requirements, blood, oxygen, neural connections to other portions, etc.
Your higher human brain is dependent on the whole. Damage the others and it gets affected. That human brain is you as you know you. All of that education and life discipline that transcended instinct and basic reaction.
It is the first thing to go when the real shutdown starts. Evolution dictates resources will go to the more autonomic functions. The repair process created by evolution takes precedence over your "intellect". Your "thinking" will very quickly downshift. A process has to occur. You will go from your self assured intellectual atheist that had so much fun on Topix to a very scared rabbit in no time. Moments. Your best laid plans will fall flat due to the nature of material construction.
There is not a damned thing you can do about it. If you are strictly a material entity, you will go out screaming inside.
As I said before. Evolution has absolutely no reason to make your exit comfortable for you.
There very well could have been an evolutionary advantage. Or at least an evolutionary advantage that resulted from a human brain that, for whatever reason exhibited calmness and a retreat as death approached, as opposed to a body thrashing about in violent death throes as it sunk ever deeper towards that death. I could see where a human, severely injured and close to a death like state, motionless and calm would draw less attention from predators. I could see where a human, severely injured and close to a death like state, motionless and calm would be less likely to worsen severe injuries already sustained.

Maybe it was simply a natural attrition of those early humans who did not have that subconscious that remained calm and soothing as death approached, retreating into a blissful area. Maybe that is what is a component of and unique about our consciousness. We have a very deep capacity for visualization and ability of empathy for others and ourselves.

Those that didn't have that never passed that trait on. The balance tipped each time one became injured and flopped around like a fish out of water were at risk of predation and further self inflicted injuries. Dying.

Those that remained immobile and calm, with only that last shudder as the mind finally lets go and you die, which doesn't always happen were able to avoid predation, and/or, avoided inflicting more injury to themselves and were found and taken care of by their fellow humans. Living.

Those "floppy" and "near death panic" individuals weed themselves out over time.

That's all it takes is the minute advantage, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

What I suggested might be the reason for that "ease" into death. You might insist it's not that, I only suggest it may be that, and neither can prove it, however it could be an alternative to the "other realm of existence", you assert.

It's certainly less complicated and problematic since many NDE's tend to be culturally influenced, they vary in certain and distinct ways from person to person, and just on the surface you wouldn't think your death would be any different>>>on the "other side", than a Hindu, Polynesian sun worshiper, or whatever culture a person happens to originate from. It doesn't seem logical that the "other wordly" end point would vary much at all if that was indeed a reality. Some have them, other don't, some vary widely.

What's the explanation for that?

Occam's Razor, eh? I dunno, from my point of view, evolution resulting from attrition seems more probable than what you suggest.
Salis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Explain magic to me ,is it real?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Big_Poppa_ wrote:
hahhahahahahahahahah I was @ Download 2012 and saw Metallica, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath, Opeth, Nightwish, Megadeth, Anthrax etc.
U jly pplz?
This made much more sense before you typed it, huh?

Just nod.

It'll go better for you that way.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Salis wrote:
Explain magic to me ,is it real?
No.

It's magic.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Sinhala gay wrote:
I used to rub my black arse against the Lingam.
How'd that work out for you?

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ironic that you associate evolution with atheism, but I digress.
http://www.sanctuaryweb.com/PDFs_new/Bloom%20...
"Traumatic experience produces a physiological overload
that the brain and body are unable to manage adequately, preventing us from continuing to
function normally. Our primary defense to cope with this physiological overload is a mechanism
called ‘dissociation’. Although a life-saving coping skill in the short-run, dissociation
produces fragmentation of vital mental functions, and the result is diminished integration
and therefore impaired performance."
Note the phrase "a life-saving coping skill in the short run" that's evolution, sparky. I never said evolution's job is to make death easier, that's flawed perspective on your part.
No, I was not screaming on the inside, I repeat for the slower learners here, I didn't really want to come back at that time. Your science is slightly fractured.
Very cool, that tends to support what I was suggesting in an earlier response to Dave. It isn't the same thing but it's pretty close.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

So I am guessing that after 508,903 posts, nobody has been able to prove there's a God, yet.
Alexander

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

There's no proof god exists, but there is that he doesn't...and religion still exists?
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
It not only is claimed but is an absolute fact; one cannot prove the non-existence of anything. We do not have the capability of looking far enough into the total universes (if there is such as thing as an end to them), that even if we could 100% prove that something is non-existent within our ability to see it, it 'could' still exist outside of our abilities.
To base your life on a thing which has no evidence is infantile justification. Negatives can be proven as stated before by Buck and others and ignored by your group. Your dogmatic assertions a negative cannot be proven is repeated over and over. Your group more or less plays with a rigged hand putting the standards on Theists and at the same time exempting themselves from the same standard. There are books out there which argues for the validity of atheism. I see them in the bookstores.
That does not then prove that a god exists, but only that we cannot prove there are no gods.
So atheism is a default position, an assumption, which cannot be demonstrated. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dawkins et all rants against God of Scripture as if that is some sort of intellectial justification for his atheism. Well it might be a psychological, in an infantile sort of way, to deny God, but it certainly is not intellectual. One can despise God and God can still exist! Folks on here do the same and then deny they do it.''I do not hate what i do not believe in.'' Their posts say otherwise.
The best that we can do, and has already been done by many learned people, is show the untruths of the references that man has used to teach each succeeding generation about the existence of the God that man has believed in for a short space in time of our total time on this earth.
Based on fixed assumptions. Quoting from Scripture is arguing in a circle so scripture is out even though they are written as accounts, they are continually referred to as myths no more valid than Alice in Wonderland which was clearly fiction literature for children.
The Bible, for example, has been completely discredited as being 100% the word of a perfect God, due to its many errors, as has the Quran.
You expect word perfect. You set the standards to high as does Ehrmann. Expecting perfection. The Bible is consistent in the essentials of the Christian faith. It's witness is consistent. Ressurrection of Christ. Deity of Christ. Reconcilliation with God through Christ. Etc. Most alleged errors are trivial. I could make your argument for atheism better than most atheists on this site. All it takes is an open mind when reading Biblical and extra Biblical literature as it relates to Josephus and other accounts.
Those believers in God that accept the errors and go on from that still believing do have a weak case; those who hold to 100% inerrancy have no case at all.
It depends on how innerancy is defined. Scripture is not the forth person of the Trinity. I would not die for the innerancy of scripture based on your definition. Scripture is corrupted when it is translated from the original language, the sermon on the mount is a summary and it is not word perfect and everybody knows that. They did not have voice recorders back then. One account says there were two angels at the tomb and another one angel. Well the account which sauys one angel does not say only one angel and where you have two there is always at least one. If every detail was consistent then folks would cry collusion and you know it. As it is know many here assume it all came from Mark. I could go on and on but there is work today. Hope you have a good day.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Silent_______Assassin wrote:
Sorry, I meant Doc not Soc.
Friend have a good day!

Since: Jun 12

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Well first you have to define GOD... There are many perceived Gods so which one are you talking about?

I believe in a Higher Power... A power greater than myself as I did not make the earth, stars, trees, humans, animals, dinosaurs and I'm pretty sure you didnt either!

I see GOD as a simple 3 letter word that simply puts a name on this greater power. Call "IT" DOG if that makes you feel better about yourself!!!

Spirituality is not the same thing as organized religion, which is what you likely have an issue with, as do I!

Whatever the case may be, do not fault others for their beliefs as you expect them to not fault you for your beliefs. Who's to say either one is wrong???? GOD??? YOU???

You will likely reply to this with some smart ass comment that cannot be proven... Just like GOD... So IN YOUR MIND, do whatever it takes to carry on, but do not judge others for being happy... Sounds like a bad case of self-centered envy to me..

Just my opinion... as I am entitled, just as you are entitled...as a human right of existence!!

Feel free to contact me when you are ready to be open-minded and willing as you so blatently expect others to be of your opinion!!!

I will pray for your soul... Have a blessed day, s I KNOW I will since I have GOD leading the way!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
So I am guessing that after 508,903 posts, nobody has been able to prove there's a God, yet.
Double Fine did already

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

514 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 min Aura Mytha 5,278
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 533,675
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 224,675
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 257,033
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min andet1987 3,999
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min bacon hater 93,860
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,570
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 50 min Krackerjacks 115,653
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••