|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
I believe you as far as your feelings. It only means a form of spiritual death which is described in Scripture.
Yeah, I understand you do. It also makes you feel as if what I point out is based in contempt, somehow negates what is very clear in your holy tome. I expect this. I'm used to it. Don't worry, it's okay.

I understand why you do.
Your contempt is obvious as your alleged facts are selective. Along with the fact you ignored my counter examples. Cheery picked my post.
Provide those points, i'll respond to each one in detail.
Never heard that rationalization. How do you explain how a country ceases to exist and then comes back into existence 1878 years later at the same spot?

Christianity trying to fulfill prophecy and hasten in Armageddon? Yeah, that.

Notice, none of the accompanying conditions of the prophecy are fulfilled. That's a crucial point and not insignificant.
Matthew Henry predicting it all will happen at the same spot based on Ezekiel 37 in early 1700s? Isaac Newton?
Are you saying Henry and Newton are prophets now?

Or were they simply pointing out what was expected to have happened - when the Messiah was here? In your case, that would be the Jesus, the false Messiah that died before fulfillment of prophecy.
Can you name any other country that this has happened to? It is only the Bible that speaks extensive Israel history. Bam Israel is back in accordance with Ezekiel 37 after 1878 years and you still have no clue.
Unfortunately, it didn't happen as prophesied.

Ezekiel 37:24-2824 “‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.”

^^That hasn't been fulfilled in the lifetime of that individual, the mythical Messiah.^^

If you're trying to assert the Jesus was that individual, then it was over the moment the Jesus died. It was supposed to happen in one go, not two. During the lifetime of that individual. It's very clear.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell re: him.
As for perfection...being the awesome Poet you are...I assume you must have quite the background in literature...so...educate me...where are the flaws. Now...I'm not talking about...the whole "Noah couldn't have housed all the animals " bit. I'm talking about literary flaws and inconsistencies. I can't find them.
I just spent about 30 minutes writing and decided to delete it.

I can't do anything that someone else hasn't already done, and done better.

If you can't see the flaws just by reading it, you won't see them.

My implication before was that the Christian defense of the Bible is a little bit like battered wife syndrome.

If you're fine with it, if you only see the good, then maybe that's how it should be, but many see the bad, and embrace it.

I'll accept that it's perfect for you, but I can't accept that there is such a thing as perfection. It's one of those subjective assessments that doesn't mean much if you don't agree on the definition.

I'm not that good a poet, or writer, and I'm not well read. What I have discovered, is that I have a very "plastic" mind. I'm glad for it.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Sorry there is ample evidence god exists & created all and everything, I have proved it many times on here. pls read my old posts and you will see. most people i debate with scurry away after they present comebacks of hatred, swearing and ranting.
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you show your ignorance.
Patterns exist in nature.
Patterns always exist.
Patterns can have the appearance of a design.
Having the appearance of a design does not mean that it was designed by whatever you might conceive to be an intelligent designer.
Intelligent design when used in a religious context is a synonym for a creator god.
There is no evidence of such an entity, much less of his imagined intelligence.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Since, you are clearly gay and that is obvious, please explain to yourself, what exactly do I mindlessly mimic? Considering that your posts seems rote, I am certain that you are a mindless mimic.
Sorry to interrupt your rote response to life, but God has confirmed things to me that are directly experienced and individual to Him and me. That can not be mimicked.
Don't worry, since I am not gay, I do not have pedophilia innate orientation urges. Some fake Christians in Rancho Cucumonga, who rebellious to their own pastor have these needs. You do know, that the RCC gay priests were also rebellious to the archbishops when they engaged in pedophilia. A lot of Latin men are Catholic and/or have Catholic roots so were likely abused as children.
So much is wrong with your statement here, I will just say that you should learn how to learn.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

How can we make peace wrote:
Sorry there is ample evidence god exists & created all and everything, I have proved it many times on here. pls read my old posts and you will see. most people i debate with scurry away after they present comebacks of hatred, swearing and ranting.
<quoted text>
You either fail to read the responses or you are projecting. There is no solid evidence supporting the bible.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Sir Doctor 6 wrote:
<quoted text>So, all HL had to do was make you think that I was this Chunky person and that is how she spun you. How did Happy Lesbo know to do this? For your instance, I have mostly posted on the Christian Forum. Skom knows me from there. H Lesbo knows that I am not this person, she knows it, because she knows that I know about her brother. Next time, RoseNoHo is here, ask her about the Doctor who challenged her about her hatred of all Christians and that she hates Martin Luther King. Ask her about her being accused of being a TOKEN, for Rose T-H.
Now, if you want me not to PM you, I have not since the apology, hen I suggest that you admit to these people that you are wrong or leave Topix.
Do you feel good now, knowing that since I am a real Christian I am not attacking you. Funny, you can not stand up to these people who hate you, so why is that?
GOD BLESS. PLEASE ASK GOD TO FEEL THE SPACE THAT HAS BEEN OCCUPIED WITH ANGER AND HATE.
Another new nic.....same BS!!!

How long will this nic last? Only time will tell......lol!!!
Lily the aborter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Danny Is Here wrote:
<quoted text>
From the moment you agree to them, of course.
No takers on Henry VIII and how he manipulated religion to suit himself?
Then what about the 10 commandments? Anyone want to take those on in a discussion? Perhaps addressing certain ones?
What would you like to discuss about it? I have done a great deal of study on England and Scotland from the 1100s to the mid 1600s. I am quite well versed in what Henry VIII did to break with the Catholic Church and the Pope in Rome in order to have his marriage to Katharine of Aragon annulled and be married to Anne Boleyn. Fire away.:)

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is the word of God, because the Bible said it is, and the Bible was inspired by God, and God wouldn't have inspired the Bible if He didn't exist, now would He? So that proves it.
The Bible is self-proving and has stood the test of time - I really struggle with that one. What exactly was that test that the Bible withstood? The book we call the Bible was put together less than 2000 years ago, and in terms of the age of man or the age of the earth, that is pretty much like yesterday, so it really hasn't had much time to disappear since so many people have been indoctrinated to think it is something out of the ordinary, which, of course, it isn't.
Likely most of the printings and most of the readings have occurred only in the last hundred years, since the earth's population has tripled just in my lifetime, and several organizations have made it their goal to fill every nook and cranny with a Bible regardless if anyone ever reads it.
Good grief, I see that it was just in April this year that one large school board in Ontario banned the distribution of Bibles to grade 5 students in public schools in its district. I was not aware that they have been still distributed in schools here, though they certainly were when I was in grade 5 (about 55 years ago). I still have my Gideon New Testament somewhere in a box somewhere in this room.
You must think of it as a product, like some of those Irish whiskeys. "Since 1895", proves that if it has been lasting so long, it must be a really great whiskey. Like Ingrams Camphor Cream, "since 19..". Since the Bible is 2000 years olds, hence it must be a very great product to read and follow. Hinduism is over 6000 years old, so that's an even greater product!

It is capitalism of the church! You just wait and see. Someday the Vatican will buy Coca Cola and then there'll be Bible verses on each can. Hmm, but if Coca Cola buys the Vatican, would we see a Coca Cola sign on each bible? With an ambiguious "Since year 1", not stating which product.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another new nic.....same BS!!!
How long will this nic last? Only time will tell......lol!!!
Care to explain?
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
I've never suggested that anyone commit suicide.
Page 22787. Post 470236. Wilderide...''since Jesus showed everyone the way why don't all Chistians just kill themselves and join God right now?"
I pointed out that followers of a suicide death cult would kill themselves if they really believed that ideology and really considered Jesus as a role model. I guess you just can't discern the difference.
I took it as a suicide suggestion. Your reference to Christianity as a suicide cult is also over the top and hateful in the extreme.

“Victory is mine”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Since, you are clearly gay and that is obvious, please explain to yourself, what exactly do I mindlessly mimic? Considering that your posts seems rote, I am certain that you are a mindless mimic.
Ever since you've first responded to my posts, you have done nothing but mimic my style of posting and my use of the phrase "mindless mimic."

Not to worry, it only proves that you do qualify for a position in my legion of mindless minions.
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to interrupt your rote response to life,
The fact that you qualify to be a member of my legion of mindless minions also men that you do not qualify to make judgements on others.
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
but God has confirmed things to me that are directly experienced and individual to Him and me. That can not be mimicked.
As a a member of my legion of mindless minions, you will lose your self-delusions about your experiences with your imaginary father figure.
Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, since I am not gay, I do not have pedophilia innate orientation urges. Some fake Christians in Rancho Cucumonga, who rebellious to their own pastor have these needs. You do know, that the RCC gay priests were also rebellious to the archbishops when they engaged in pedophilia. A lot of Latin men are Catholic and/or have Catholic roots so were likely abused as children.
You have revealed a lot about yourself, your obsessive nature, your sexuality and your pedophilic tendencies with your constant postings.
Wondering

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> She isn't a troll , just a little strange dude.
The link is to a music video.
She's a troll, Skom and her should get along just fine.
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

How can we make peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be another lying christain, provide the links which proves your point.

In fact, if you have the proof that you are pretending to have, contact a major news organization. The world would be happy to see this proof.

In case you have not figure it out, see the original post to use as a guideline. You cannot quote scripture or use the bible to prove that your christain god exists.
Wondering

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Sir Doctor 4 wrote:
Sorry to interrupt your rote response to life, but God has confirmed things to me that are directly experienced and individual to Him and me. That can not be mimicked.
Hey Dicktor, Find Natural and tell him who you are so he will stop blaming others. The idiot has reported eveyone on topix for being you and has still gotten it wrong. He claims to be the doctor expert.. Ha ha , yeah he's so funny it's stupid, or so stupid it's funny. Throw him a boner Doc.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Page 22787. Post 470236. Wilderide...''since Jesus showed everyone the way why don't all Chistians just kill themselves and join God right now?" <quoted text> I took it as a suicide suggestion. Your reference to Christianity as a suicide cult is also over the top and hateful in the extreme.
Your religion is a distilled version of ancient death/sacrifice religions or cults.

It's no different than the natives sacrificing an unblemished male or female virgin to a Volcano.

So what if in the formation of your religion that yearly sacrifice was delineated into one single sacrifice? Same thing. You partake of blood, flesh, spirit and it's no different, even if only done symbolically. It's been sanitized. You no longer have to worry about that favored cousin or a portion of your livestock being sacrificed to a deity yearly or monthly anymore.

So, you can tell people or myself that the Jesus died a horrible, painful, blood drenched death in a sacrifice for me or humanity, but know this, when you do say something to that effect, at that very moment, you've suddenly become quite similar to a volcano worshiper with a bone in the nose, a grass skirt and shrunken skulls decorating his grass hut.

^incinerated Jesus rises skyward in a smoke ring from the crater of the appeased Volcano^

That you fail to understand this about yourself I see as a failing of your critical mind and intellect, and I find myself amused by your superstitious and fairly primitive ways,*most* of the time.

I really find it hard to think that you can't understand this.

I understand that you feel the exact same way about me from your perspective, too.

There is at least one difference.

I never contemplate your fiery death at the hands of a vengeful deity.

I hope you live a long, happy life, no matter what you believe.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Minister of Truth 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, clueless one. But, without faith it is impossible to believe. Believe and you receive. When you have received, there is no need for that faith. When you have faith, you will then come to see. I thought you said you knew the Bible.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Do you know what substance and evidence are? Well, obviously you do not.
But, we do see that Thomas did see.
John 20:24-29
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
you describe a god who is not just, yet you accept that immorality, which condemns your belief set.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all related genetically.
Thanks for your observation!
thats not entirely true.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should anyone believe you when you speak as if you know the mind of "God".
This is being dishonest with yourself and everyone you come in contact with.
WHy do you say these false claims, when in honesty, you really don't know these things are true.
Are you trying to impress someone? Trust me, lying that you know what "God" will or will not do, is not the path you should take, as it only causes more dismay through arrogance.
why do you accuse that poster of 'knowing the mind of God' simply because he or she was sharing with you what the bible says?

knowing the WORD of God is something GOD requires of us to do.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
thats not entirely true.
You make an assertion yet show nothing to back it up. Are you new to debating on forums?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you accuse that poster of 'knowing the mind of God' simply because he or she was sharing with you what the bible says?
knowing the WORD of God is something GOD requires of us to do.
You cannot assert that the bible is the "word of god" without first demonstrating that one exists, and then also assuming you know the mind of that god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 487,801 - 487,820 of679,366
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

589 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 511,682
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min KiMare 89,389
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min RiversideRedneck 216,343
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 9 min Jturner4643 217
Gay Snapchat Names 21 min BigBoy_x 1,296
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min yon 37,991
teen snapchat nudes 34 min tomyybb 104
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min WasteWater 250,278
•••
•••
•••