“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#508036 Jun 8, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we have the Gospels and many good instructors who submit themselves to the Holy Spirit and not new-age mumbo-jumbo, thank you very much.....
LOL!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#508037 Jun 8, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
look around you.. God created this world.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#508038 Jun 8, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that it would be extremely hard to unravel all of those layers early indoctrination which surrounds you.
The issue here isn't word meaning, it is about the concept. Evolution is about natural selection. You will need to educate yourself on the concept. The term "survival of the fittest" was coined, popularized and misused.
If survival of the fittest has to be considered from an evolutionary perspective, it does not have the meaning that those who are strongest would survive.
It means that the population or sub-population which survives in a particular niche has some heritable advantage. Fitness, in that case, can mean anything. It does not mean bigger, stronger or smarter.
Hitler was his own man. Hitler was not influenced by words and their meaning. Hitler, a christian, was antisemitic as many other Christians before him. This antisemitism was common within Germany and outside of Germany at that time. It was rooted way back to the early days of Christianity.
The Jesus myth is similar to that of other solar and agricultural deities, the god dies and is reborn. In many cases, the god character is betrayed by someone close to him. However, in the case of Jesus, the executioner is the roman.
At the time the myth was put in its more familiar form by the roman emperor Constantine, it would not have been wise to make the Romans responsible for the death of Jesus. The Jews were made the scapegoat because they did not accept this myth of a messiah that was contrary to their beliefs.
hhhmmmmm all the information that's been uncovered exposing hilters agenda to infilterate the church with nazi ideology in germany (and worldwide) after he gained complete power and you, a supposedly educated person, refuses to accept it???

we know the nautiness of your heart which IS like hitler's was...;)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#508039 Jun 8, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Which species?
Our similarities with chimps are about 97%.
99.6 between human and chimp.

98.2 there is only a 1.8 percent difference between human and Gorilla dna.

Location hidden

#508040 Jun 8, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh there's no doubt, science has pretty much etched the idea in stone that apes and humans are desceneded from a single proto-ape species that lived millions of years ago and no longer exists. But, the real fact is...just because we are classified, both genetically and morphologically as an ape species, there is no evidence of this single proto-ape species that they theorize we supposedly came from...so...for me...whether science debates it or not...they have no more proof of this unseen species than I have of God.
Um I just showed you one, here it is again.

Location hidden

#508041 Jun 8, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
And our similarities with cows is about 80%....so the bottom line is...we could just as easily be a cousin to a cow. I have no problem with humans being placed in the same classification as the apes...that's peachy if science feels the need to do that...but I don't believe for one second we are the result of a split from an unseen species that supposedly existed millions of years ago. Again, science has no more proof of that than I do of God. It's a theory...not a fact...if we're gonna scientifically discuss the matter.
That's just it Tsi , it is a fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#508042 Jun 8, 2012
artqween wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming it was created, that means you are also ignoring anything that suggests or demonstrates otherwise.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#508043 Jun 8, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hhhmmmmm all the information that's been uncovered exposing hilters agenda to infilterate the church with nazi ideology in germany (and worldwide) after he gained complete power and you, a supposedly educated person, refuses to accept it???
Old canard. No such evidence has been shown without contorting the evidence to the contrary.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#508044 Jun 8, 2012
artqween wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? http://www.godchecker.com Man has created many gods in his own image. And Prove it!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#508045 Jun 8, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>What the heck are you talking about. Even if I did not know better, I know that bodies react differently.
If you want to know something ask.
Your experience was yours.
My sister had cancer, she had chemotherapy, one session. She went ball and they got it.
By dad did not have chemotherapy. Nada. He had cancer and diabetes and he was gone, out of here. God and prayer brought him back.
I lived this, so you can believe what you want. My dad knows.
Every single person, mom and other siblings were set to bury him. My brother and I, only ones not there said no, he is not going to die cause God is not going to let him. Although, they were Christians, they believed the doctor and the cancer and were angry that we were not getting on a plane.
That was 6-7 years ago and at age 78, 2 weeks ago my dad drove 1500 miles and he just flew up North for a relatives funeral.
You are entitled to have your unbelief, but it stops in my life where I have direct evidence and experiences.
You did all of that, no God.
My sister did it, chemo and God.
My dad did it, all God.
If you can get them to post their experiences, that shows agreeance with your comments, maybe that will close the door.

But you are right about one thing stated - "I know that bodies react differently......Your experience was yours."

Claiming you experienced what your Dad did is foolishness, because you've already stated it was his experience.

Please stop misleading others with the double-talk. You are starting to sound Catholic.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#508046 Jun 8, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
1st - They didn't need to be established, they just are and always have been.
2nd - Come back in 40 million years and see for yourself. The evidence from the past suggests evolution would continue on as it always has. There is no reason to believe it will ever stop. BTW, 40 million years from now, humans will likely no longer be "humans". This is just the way things work.
"1st - They didn't need to be established, they just are and always have been."

Written with true Topix atheist scientific conviction. No faith needed. No magic. no creator, either.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#508047 Jun 8, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's my sister you're trying to lead astray, bub!
we have the Gospels and many good instructors who submit themselves to the Holy Spirit and not new-age mumbo-jumbo, thank you very much.....
And I would imagine that not one of them - utilizes all of what Jesus taught, huh, only that which was decided to use by men.

Maybe you should let your sister decide for herself on what she is to believe and not believe.

Who are you to think you have the correct answer?

A: no one.

Location hidden

#508048 Jun 8, 2012
Happy Go Lucky 7 wrote:
<quoted text>What you posted was not a scientific fact. You posted this: "The strong similarities between humans and the African great apes led Charles Darwin in 1871 to predict that Africa was the likely place where the human lineage branched off from other animals – that is, the place where the common ancestor of chimpanzees, humans, and gorillas once lived."
led.....predict.....likely
These are just educated guesses, based on suppositions, not facts, observations or experimentation.
So, you ave formed an opinion based on an opinion. You also did not check this opinion, you just repeated it based on your belief.
We have come a long long way since Darwin's day , his theory has been confirmed by the fossil record, and DNA. It is no longer a guess ,it is confirmed fact. Your idiotic creationist denial serves no purpose but to dumb down people like you who will never accept the truth. The odds our DNA so closely resemble the chimpanzee comes from common ancestry, there is no other possible explanation ,as the odds of the ERV insertion points being the same in completely different species is astronomical.

Either accept the truth, or look like a dimwit jerk trying to deny it. There is absolutely no debate here the case is closed ,evolution is a fact. You do appear like a small child caught with your hand in the cookie jar shaking your head no you didn't try to steal a cookie. Grow up!
Lily the aborter

United States

#508049 Jun 8, 2012
artqween wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know your god created the world?
Provide some proof. SOMETHING...ANYTHING to back your statement.
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

#508050 Jun 8, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Battles between religious groups and sects have always existed. Martin Luther broke away from the RC, that does not mean he broke away from Christianity.
The church of England represents a successful break away from the RC, that does not mean Anglicans are not Christians.
Mormonism has introduced significant changes to Christianity and they still consider themselves Christians.

Not all Christians share exactly the same beliefs, many are fully opposed to the beliefs of other Christians.

Bottom line is that your boy, Adolph, was a christian and probably remained a christian to his death.

You might not agree with his form of Christianity or the Christianity of others, but you will agree that they are Christians when you feel the need to bloat the numbers of Christians.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#508051 Jun 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
99.6 between human and chimp.
98.2 there is only a 1.8 percent difference between human and Gorilla dna.
About 99.7 of our genome we share with Neanderthal, and it is beginning to look like that will be close to the same for Denisovans.
Lily the aborter

United States

#508052 Jun 8, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>No,you are wrong and you are trying to decipher Hinduism baaed on your lack of Hinduism. If the Hindu sees god as all and in all, that is the God that they worship. The Hindus see the cow as no less than a god. They see god in all of these things. They are trained in idolatry and they see the gods in these objects. Not a symbol, the existence of the god is within these objects and the god becomes that object. I have been to India and spoken with Hindus. While I was living in Bangladesh, I lived in a small 8-unit condo complex, where a Hindu family lived and they were part of our wedding. I know from fact and not from misinterpretation.
SO, you are wrong and will not admit it. Your mentioning of being banned is designed to distract from you being wrong. I see no one banned. I do see you not able to register, so you must be banned.
Your flawed understanding of Hinduism is simply that. They specifically see 330 deities which are gods and if you equated that to demonology in Christianity then you would understand the manifestation of these demons in Hinduism. For the Christian, India ad Hinduism is a very possessed religion and the 330 deities represent demons.
There are 330 million gods , according to the Hindu belief. There is a well defined hierarchy among the gods, beginning with the Tirumoorthy(pseudo trinity). There are many gods and godesses. With the advent of idol worship, many idols of different shapes and sizes were made. Some of them were most bizarre and cruel looking.
As we have seen earlier, there are 330 million gods and goddesses according to Hindu religion. In Ex.20:4-6, the Jehovah God said, "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.
http://www.lausanne.org/en/documents/all/nair...
Another curse of idol worship is acute poverty. It is estimated that nearly 33% of the total population which is equal to 330 million (the same of number of demons active in this country) are below poverty line.
"Thou shall not put any gods before me."- 10 Commandments
You are wrong.

And why would you be using a quote from the christian bible when discussing Hinduism? Makes no sense whatsoever. Should I start quoting the Talmud when debating christianity? Um no...because the Talmud has nothing to do with christianity. DA

Location hidden

#508053 Jun 8, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty funny how these people criticize what they demonstrate they clearly don't understand. Not even the basics. That's why they cling to Creationism. It's simplistic enough for their intellectual laziness. Goddidit!
While Sir Doctor may have the intellectual breadth of a donkey with blinkers on, to be fair to many others, evolution is very complex to understand beyond the basics. Hidingfromyou and others who are more versed in the science of evolution are pretty good at explaining it. But some people, on this thread at least, don't want to learn. They prefer brainwashing.
The abrahamic religions cause shame of our hominid ancestors.
Because they would have to admit their faith is based on a lie.
So instead of facing the truth they deny. The problem is it is not 200 years ago when you actually could deny the truth . It is the 21st century and we know the truth of our hominid ancestors.
It serves no purpose to lie to yourself about it .

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#508054 Jun 8, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"1st - They didn't need to be established, they just are and always have been."
Written with true Topix atheist scientific conviction. No faith needed. No magic. no creator, either.
Religitards make the same claim with respect to their magic sky daddy. The biggest difference is that the natural laws can be proven to actually exist.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#508055 Jun 8, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Religitards make the same claim with respect to their magic sky daddy. The biggest difference is that the natural laws can be proven to actually exist.
Yes the natural laws do exist. Some religious extremists choose to deny it. It violates their comfort.

God exists. Some secular extremists choose to deny it. It violates their comfort.

See how that works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Hetero-Sapien 230,286
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Seraphima 549,529
Moses never existed 10 min Doctor REALITY 35
Doctor in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola 10 min yon 9
Electrolüx Zekeriyaköy Elecrolux Sariyer 202 80... 13 min firnazent 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Dr_Zorderz 261,827
Kilyos ELECTROLUX Servis O2I2) 202 80 0I Sariye... 34 min firnazent 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 602,427
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 hr JGrays18 725

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE