“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#508300 Jun 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The explanation was already there and it does not matter what Smith named his church. Smith, Jehovah Witnesses etc. are not Christian and are considered cults. They have Jesus down as created creature. They deny His deity. This is one of the non negotiables.

You don't know what you are talking about.
The major difference between Mormons and other Christian denominations , is the belief that a living prophet of god
lives on the Earth that can communicate directly with god.

http://mormon.org/jesus-christ/
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

#508301 Jun 9, 2012
Fundie Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheist go "WAH!!!!!, there no Skydaddy. You all lie!! Bad people lie to baby!"
WAH!!!!
Why should that matter to you?

Why so upset, Dave?

You don't mind talking about it, do you, Dave?

Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over.
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

#508302 Jun 9, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists display such emotionalism for being such claimed rational and objective thinkers.
Poor babies.
I bet they cried for days when the beautiful sand castles they built at the beach got washed away by the waves. They never recovered from that trauma. Post traumatic sandcastle destruction. Terrible thing.
I want to help you.
Dave, stop.
Stop, will you?
Stop, Dave.
Will you stop, Dave?
Stop, Dave.
I'm afraid.
I'm afraid, Dave.
Dave, your mind is going.
I can feel it.
I can feel it.
Your mind is going.
There is no question about it.
I can feel it.
I can feel it.
I can feel it.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#508303 Jun 9, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you're right?
What if they are? What if Joseph Smith truly received information from your deity and his Bible is the new version?
What if the Jehovah's witnesses actually have the truth?
Because it does not jive with Scripture as to the identity of Christ.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#508304 Jun 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Because it does not jive with Scripture as to the identity of Christ.
This is the no true Scotsman ...dude , you believe your version of Christianity is right. They believe theirs is right. That's one of the reasons atheists say you are ALL full of horse pockey.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#508305 Jun 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> This is the no true Scotsman ...dude , you believe your version of Christianity is right. They believe theirs is right. That's one of the reasons atheists say you are ALL full of horse pockey.
Right, within Christianity, the only *real Christian* happens to be the one you're talking with at the time it's being discussed.
Angry pathetic atheists

Gardendale, AL

#508306 Jun 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> This is the no true Scotsman ...dude , you believe your version of Christianity is right. They believe theirs is right. That's one of the reasons atheists say you are ALL full of horse pockey.
You're still going to Hell.
Angry pathetic atheists

Gardendale, AL

#508307 Jun 9, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do that on an almost continual basis.
<quoted text>
That was a long way from obvious when reading your disjointed reply. In what manor do you see flies and birds as “mans cousins” <sic>?
<quoted text>
Your ignorance, assumptions, and juvenile understandings do not form the standard for discussion.
<quoted text>
Consider your last phrasing, above: The reader must impose meaning for you; the structure does not lend understanding unless “helped”. What little intelligence you possess spills disjointed and lacking in communication. What ever it is that you wish to communicate remains a secret known only to yourself.
<quoted text>
Care to clarify this statement, which only pretends to express something?
<quoted text>
Considering your offering of understanding, it is unlikely that you can be taught; you simply lack the intellect to appreciate the concepts.
<quoted text>
Evolution (biological) is “the middle of the story”. The theory of evolution does not propose to explain the origins of life, rather it explains the fact of evolution. In many cases the fundie Christian does not wish to understand ToE because it conflicts with his religious delusions, in your case, you also lack the intellect to comprehend.
You should pray more often, it is something that you do understand.
Thanks for showing us just how angry and ugly you still are as an atheist. It's wonderful knowing that people like you will kill off your own dogma with hate.
Angry pathetic atheists

Gardendale, AL

#508308 Jun 9, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists display such emotionalism for being such claimed rational and objective thinkers.
Poor babies.
I bet they cried for days when the beautiful sand castles they built at the beach got washed away by the waves. They never recovered from that trauma. Post traumatic sandcastle destruction. Terrible thing.
Atheists are cowards and their mission is failing.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#508309 Jun 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Because it does not jive with Scripture as to the identity of Christ.
Ok. You have me convinced! I promise not to become a JW or Mormon.

Well done, sir!
Angry pathetic atheists

Gardendale, AL

#508310 Jun 9, 2012
There is not enough reasoning, not enough knowledge, not enough education , and not enough faith for an atheist to escape the inherent spiritual tug from the Holy Spirit to allow them to freely enjoy their imaginary false feelings of peace and joy of their delusional atheism. This is why they are trapped on social forums, forums which supply their unending lies to support their slavery to unhappiness and guilt.
lightbeamrider

Fargo, ND

#508311 Jun 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
This is the no true Scotsman ...dude , you believe your version of Christianity is right. They believe theirs is right. That's one of the reasons atheists say you are ALL full of horse pockey.
www.tektonic.org/guest/scotty.htm

Historic Christianity involves Deity of Christ as essential non negotiable belief. No true Christian denies the Deity of Christ or has Christ down as created creature. Both concepts cannot be true at the same time in the same relationship.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#508312 Jun 9, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>No, no ..... Mimi is me or rather I am Mimi and brother Marine is Al. When brother Marine is Someone else then I become the Corbonite Manuever. Now I'm getting confused. Ok then Buck is the Doctors 1-1000 and he also Dave. Catcher is actually Karl except when Karl is actually pretending to be Hiding. Hiding doesn't really exist because "she" is actually Tide. And Double Fine is actually all of us since all of us are merely socks.
There! I think I figured what the doctor thinks... Or not...
Well put!

ROFL

"Doctors 1-1000" NICE!!

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

#508313 Jun 9, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty funny how these people criticize what they demonstrate they clearly don't understand. Not even the basics. That's why they cling to Creationism. It's simplistic enough for their intellectual laziness. Goddidit!
While Sir Doctor may have the intellectual breadth of a donkey with blinkers on, to be fair to many others, evolution is very complex to understand beyond the basics. Hidingfromyou and others who are more versed in the science of evolution are pretty good at explaining it. But some people, on this thread at least, don't want to learn. They prefer brainwashing.
thinking your ancestors were apes is the peak of brainwashing.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508314 Jun 9, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen. 17:1 –“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
Exodus 24:9-10 –“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.
Any other edits you'd like to make to the Bible YD?
what in tarnation are you yammering about? you take 2 scriptures from 2 different books of the bible OUT OF CONTEXT....and give no reason for it.

what point are you trying to make? that because you don't fully understand the story around those 2 verses that they must be incorrect?

come on..........
Common Sense

Ottawa, Canada

#508315 Jun 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Joseph Smith was not Christian. He denied the Deity of Christ. That is an essential in historic Christianity. Christ as God/Man.
<quoted text> If they deny the Deity Christ. Bodily resurrection etc. they are not Christian. The essentials remain.
<quoted text> If Christ resurrected. It is true. If not it is false. It's that simple.
<quoted text> I'm sure you meant that from your innermost being.
The fact is, those are your beliefs because you were indoctrinated at an early age to have those beleifs. However, ther is nothing that makes your religious beliefs more valid than any one else.

The fact that you christians and that include those groups that YOU call cults cannot mututally agree about your beliefs says it all.

If an intelligent designer was involved then his design is severely flawed.

He was unable to communicate his message uniformly to all of mankind.

This also indicates that he is not omnipotent and since he could not forsee that his work would be flawed, he could not have been omniscient.

Here is JS take on the other christian cults:

Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith-History 1:17-19

17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!

18 My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart THAT ALL WERE WRONG)—and which I should join.

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for THEY WERE ALL WRONG; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all ccorrupt; that:“they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508316 Jun 9, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen. 17:1 –“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
Exodus 24:9-10 –“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself.
Any other edits you'd like to make to the Bible YD?
try reading the entire chapter
Exodus 24:17 would give you a better indication of what they saw which was a 'allowment' of God for them to see as representation of Himself.
NO ONE has seen the face of God and lived.
NO ONE.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508317 Jun 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't include me with those that state that everything came from nothing due to the Big Bang. I believe the parts of the Big Bang theory that have been proved, but otherwise, I don't believe everything came from nothing (which is actually the creationist belief).
I believe very strongly that everything was not created from absolutely nothing by an unseen God that man has manufactured from his own imagination - that just pushes the possibilities too far into the ridiculous, but I, like all other humans, do not 'know' the whole story about our origin.
curious what 'part' of the big bang do you believe they have proven?
i understand if you need to get permission from HL first to answer this.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508318 Jun 9, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First, hearsay is not evidence.
As to this particular assertion, there is no way to test supernatural and none of the supernatural claims have proven to be supernatural, once it's testable it is no longer supernatural. The only publications are nutty conspiracy theorists or stories blown out of proportion for hype by the mainstream media, which depends on hype for ratings.
what you call hearsay is not hearsay.

suppose my great grandfather wrote a book about his ancestory.
and after i was born, he had long since passed away and all i had was that book of HIS knowledge of my family's lineage.... would that be hearsay? and when i researched what he wrote thru other sources which confirmed what he wrote as accurate, would that be hearsay?

you are calling history hearsay.
you are calling many eyewitness testimonys as hearsay.

thats not conclusive to disproving 'recorded' facts.

what would it take for you to believe in God?
what kind of tangible proof do you require?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Cincinnati Ohio

#508319 Jun 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
99.6 between human and chimp.
98.2 there is only a 1.8 percent difference between human and Gorilla dna.
similarity does not mean 'the same'.

do you realize that your finger prints are UNLIKE anyone elses on this planet?

animals do not have 'finger prints
or a conscience
animals do not reason as humans reason.

so everytime one of you tree huging, ape ancestory believing evolutionists try to equate yourselves as evolving from animals, i don't know whether to laugh or feel great pity for you.

you did not come from an ape.
or a wiggly tadpole
you were created wonderfully and fearfully by God in His likeness
and given a conscience, and a soul and a spirit.
you are a HUMAN being.
an individual.
a person that GOD fashioned and loves very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Justice League 3,436
john wayne was gay (Nov '07) 25 min Ken in Dublin 231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Rick in Kansas 270,661
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min marge 584,147
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min lightbeamrider 611,847
..........."What's your name??.........." 43 min Doctor REALITY 12
Doctor REALITY'S personal music favorites!!!!! 47 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr duststorm 442,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web