Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
If christians believe the trinity played important roles just 2,000 years ago, what was the purpose of the trinity before mankind evolved, before the universe formed when there was nothing?
If God has always existed with no beginning, what was the purpose of God 100 billion years ago?
I have never seen "the" trinity mentioned in the bible, only "oneness".

“I'll keep your hand warm.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see that as idealistic at all.
Very depressing actually.
We all become robots of a sort. A beating heart, but otherwise a computerized population.
We should get rid of poetry, music, all literature.
really I'm not saying deny our emotions, instincts or impulses. I'm saying we should all have a firm grasp on them. Man itself is something that needs to be overcome(Not physically).

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Every boy and girl that goes to public school knows that they can get all the free birth control they need for a year in one visit to their local health department. There's no excuse for the sexually active getting pregnant if they don't want to be.
Meh, I'd say more than likely this can be done, but kids are kids. Of course they're gonna do stupid stuff. I don't think someone's mistake should end with the death of an innocent party, but that's just me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Very funny. It's not my fault your reading comprehension is flawed and your advanced age doesn't mean your opinions should be respected more than anyone else's. Get over it.
How was I supposed to comprehend what you had written any differently? You wrote a straight sentence that I would have had to have psychic abilities to read anything else out of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>But does Double Fine know what charges Nelson Mandella spent over 25 years in jail for without any due process? Also, did Mandella receive over $25 million for his false imprisonment at $1 million a year? Also, how many black South Africans were released from prison adfer Apartheid, due to the false imprisonments?
Why do I ask?
You have the audacity to compare black civil rights here and South Africa which were governmental and institutional, to gay revision of rights. This is interesting because if the blacks are your countrymen why aren't you fighting for their rights.
Many whites in America say that blacks do not deserve reparations, because they were not slaves, but what about apartheid?
Does you government have plans to give blacks reparations for apartheid and if not, where are your efforts to get that done? Also, how many South African government officials went to jail for at least 25 years for apartheid?
How come you are taught the French Revolution in So. Africa? What? And not about the history of So. Africa which goes back to 2000 B.C., considering you think that So. Africa was uninhabited? The way I see it, your government is still lying to you. Like, the lie about AIDS in Africa being a heterosexual thing, when evidence has been released that it is a gay thing which effects heterosexuals. Also, the news is that gays is worse in So. Africa and Africa, but Africa continues to receive a slave portion of the funding and research dollars.
You see, it amazes me how often a person's actions do not match their mouth. You wanted to talk about apartheid, well here it is.
welcome back Sir doctor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love?
Let's be consistent now. Love often gets in the way of rationality.
We must overcome love!!
LOL indeed.

“Dancing with the devil”

...Dreaming of angels

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our tax dollars do support churches.
Tax exemptions.
And you are right, I don't like it.
But it has nothing to do with abortion, which is a medical procedure. It's about separation of church and state.
And no Buck, you are not permitted to comment. On my abortion comment or on my First Amendment comment.
You are OUT, remember?
Okay while that's true ( which btw that sucks -.-' almost as bad as the amish people using a road they don't pay for and slowing down the tax payers >.> )
anyways...it's the same principle. If you don't agree with or believe in something no one should be able to force you to be part of it. If you disagree with abortion the government should have no authority to take you money and buy someone an abortion. That's a violation of your rights in my opinion.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel lucky that your brain will allow you to believe that.
I have nothing agains't people thinking what they want exists so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Do you like football?
here's the good part: faith is a GIFT, given to those who ask! it's also an exercise. everyone on this thread is exercising their faith either for or agiinst God in the very things we write!

with moral/spiritual truth, first we must appreciate it & embrace it in our heart/conscience before we receive the understanding of it with our mind, and it all starts with our respecting God's Son.

"if you will to do the will of God, you will know of my doctrine whether it is of God or not" Jesus

football is okay. i'm really not finatical about anything but God;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>You do not even no defintion of sin, which is foolish antagonistic banter. Lying is a sin and in court it is called perjury which is a crime. Stealing is a sin and it is a crime. Murdering is also a sin and it is a crime. So, that makes you a sinner.
It is amazing that you put qualifiers on God about being good, but you are filthy in your unholiness.
Let me give you a clue, you can go to hell even if you worship God 24/7 for the rest of your life. The only thing that rescues you is Jesus, because you belong to Satan right now. You must allow yourself to be rescued by Jesus, which is what He came to do and that means that you must be born again.
Now, you may not believe this, but the other stuff you said is just your made up reason for being sinful.
Colloquially, any thought, word, or act considered immoral, selfish, shameful, harmful, or alienating might be termed "sinful".
I have something for you. Hold up....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>In my original post...I stated..."There are millions of women who want children but can't have them. It's irresponsible and selfish on every level to abort a child.."

Ever heard the phrase...One mans trash is another's treasure...? Well..that's how they relate...except I'm not talking about an old lamp here...I'm talking about a precious human life.

I don't know the first thing about you so I won't assume to have a clue about what your situation is. But, if you ever wanted a child so much you couldn't think of anything else and then ended up holding an 18 week, dead baby, who you had to bury in baby doll clothing...and were later told you could not have any more children, then perhaps you might understand just how closely the two statements relate to one another. It had nothing to do with expecting that all women who experience an unwanted pregnancy should have it anyway and give it up for adoption. Although, I do personally feel it would be better than taking the child's life. Our current laws allow abortion at 18 weeks...whoever made that law...hasn't held an 18 week baby, felt it's fingers and toes, and seen how much it already looked liked it's father. I believe it's irresponsible and selfish...because regardless of what you might read in books...or laws...when women abort a fetus...they take a human life. It's not a tumor or cyst...it's a precious life that many women would give anything to have...and women abort them as if they are nothing.

I stated it's irresponsible and selfish...because it is. Any woman blessed enough to have the opportunity conceive a child should be thankful for that...as not all women can...and that's how the two statements relate to one another
You're not a woman, are you?

And if what you say is true, why do so many children go unadopted?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>You are clueless, and your cut and paste proves it.
OK. Well I needed my beauty sleep last night but this is worth coming back to. The article I showed was an example of how man survived an ice age. There is plenty of undisputable archelogical evidence to show animals and species of man doing just fine in difficult circumstances.
Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with cut pastes. I asked you to formulate your evoluti and on theory from the last Ice Age, using the animals that you say survived and maybe does not cut in.
Well the animals that survived many of them are here today. Simple.
Here's some other animal survivers
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/...
Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text> Since, it supposedly was about 10,000 years ago and covered 1/3 of the earth. You are posting about current studies on this Ice Age, only 10,000 years ago, while you speculate nonsense over 4.6 billion years ago.
OK now get your note pad out. The last ice age ended around 10000 years ago. It was 26000 years ago that the last glacier maximum was covering 1/3 of the planet. So you are talking about a period after the ice caps were receding for 16000 years. A smart man as apparently you like to put accross should know this.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/325/5941/71...
http://archaeology.about.com/od/lterms/g/last...

By 10000 years ago the human species was florishing moving north throughout europe and even crossed into the Americas. Infact they may have got to the americas some 14000 years ago during a warm snap which then gave access to the continent via the bering strait, which then may have been shut off by something called the The Younger Dryas stadial, also referred to as the Big Freeze, which was a geologically brief (1,300 70 years) period of cold climatic conditions and drought which occurred between approximately 12,800 and 11,500 years BP (before present). The Younger Dryas stadial is thought to have been caused by the collapse of the North American ice sheets, although rival theories have been proposed. During this the access from europe/asia was cut off again, which explains why some human achelogical evidence in americal pre dates 10000bc.

http://csfa.tamu.edu/who.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas
Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be able to find exactly where this man survived, his race, not Caucasian, and then explain how whites mutated out of the Ice Age, since there is no evidence of Caucasians then.
The archelogical evidence is scattered all across the globe and there is plenty to see if you could just be bothered. Also there is evidence in the DNA that homosapiens were interbreeding with neanderthals. Who knows what 200,000 plus years of homosapien life has given us as far as ethnic diversity over that period. But with the breeding with neanderthal man it would have added some intresting throws in the mix.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-n...

What gets me in creation theory; by the time god made adam and eve it must have been really weird for the people already living and farming on the globe. When all of a sudden this half wit Adam is cast among them! He has no idea about hunting, farming and doesn't even wear clothes. Then dispite the abundant women on the planet at the time he gives up a rib to get god to make a partner for him. The people looked on in amazement as adam and eve frolicked around naked with no concept of right and wrong in a land with magic trees. Who were these half wits? The people must has laughed.

“Dancing with the devil”

...Dreaming of angels

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sir Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>You do not even no defintion of sin, which is foolish antagonistic banter. Lying is a sin and in court it is called perjury which is a crime. Stealing is a sin and it is a crime. Murdering is also a sin and it is a crime. So, that makes you a sinner.
It is amazing that you put qualifiers on God about being good, but you are filthy in your unholiness.
Let me give you a clue, you can go to hell even if you worship God 24/7 for the rest of your life. The only thing that rescues you is Jesus, because you belong to Satan right now. You must allow yourself to be rescued by Jesus, which is what He came to do and that means that you must be born again.
Now, you may not believe this, but the other stuff you said is just your made up reason for being sinful.
Colloquially, any thought, word, or act considered immoral, selfish, shameful, harmful, or alienating might be termed "sinful".
Sin is not that hard to define. It's immoral acts. However, the bible's outline of sin difers from me where I personally don't see getting drunk and gambling as a sinful endeavor. It's a bad idea that will probably lead you into trouble, but it's not sinful, it's just fun ^^

So black and white...tsk tsk. Stealing to save the life of a dying man? is that still a sin? killing in self defense? is that still murder? lying to protect someone's feelings? is that really so evil? you have no real sense of morals you just follow the color blind biblical outline

and there isn't much good about the fictional character 'god' who btw sins a lot. He is guilty of at least three or four of the seven deadly sins; pride, wraith, envy, and he dedicated a day to sloth.

and for being saved by Jesus, I'd rather take my chances in hell or in the ground rotting, cause I am not about to follow a book of utter nonsense where snakes talk, and gambling is a sin for humans but it's fine for god to gamble with satan using a man's life as the game ( story of job )

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the good part: faith is a GIFT, given to those who ask! it's also an exercise. everyone on this thread is exercising their faith either for or agiinst God in the very things we write!
with moral/spiritual truth, first we must appreciate it & embrace it in our heart/conscience before we receive the understanding of it with our mind, and it all starts with our respecting God's Son.
"if you will to do the will of God, you will know of my doctrine whether it is of God or not" Jesus
football is okay. i'm really not finatical about anything but God;)
I used to believe in god when I was younger. But I struggled to maintain my faith as they years went on.

It's not that I don't believe a god of some description exists as it's impossible to say.

But with the bible right from the go in genesis i find it impossible to believe.

That said I see faith works for others and around where I live christians on the most part are decent people.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not most.
Everything but hydrogen up to iron was produced in sun type stars. Everything heavier than iron was produced in supernovae.
Well, I guess technically that's most.
Ever read "We Need to Talk About Kelvin"?

Very good primer in astrophysics, and one of my faves.
Lily the aborter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone else should be allowed to use it either.
Oh well...that's not the way things work.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
No antagonistic banter isn't happening here. I just believe there are underlying issues as to why people believe in god. I don't feel I need forgiveness, nore am I convinced I sin(not that I entirely believe in sin in the holy sense) any more than a believer. A good god in my eyes wouldn't put conditions on my in the way that if I'm every bit as good as a believer then the only thing that keeps me from going to hell is to worship him/her.
can we try to look at it from God's perspective?

He made us to be in relationship with Him. we all (in adam & by our own deeds) have forfeited our relationship with Him. He made the way to get back into His favor through receiving His Son.

if we think we're good enough in ourselves, we're denying our need for God's justice as seen in the crucifixion of His Son, and expecting Him to condone all the evil that humans have done, do & will do without any consequence.

it's like a judge saying to the murder/molester of your child, "it's okay, i accept you as you are and you're free to go & continue your ways cuz i love you & think that you're really a good person".

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Breitbart wrote:
Higgs Boson Particle.
Athiests lose. Game over.
Aw.

Shucks.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>I stand corrected.

I shoulda knowed......
Don't feel bad.

I had to look it up.
Lily the aborter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the dead people in Pakistan and Libya.
The US is at war with Libya and Pakistan? Since when?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 479,201 - 479,220 of680,216
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

661 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min petesake 109,622
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min RiversideRedneck 217,029
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 250,391
If u cought MOM blowing Dad...... (Aug '09) 9 min Jenji 5
prove that homosexuality is wrong. (Dec '07) 14 min WasteWater 25,692
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min WasteWater 3,323
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,552
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min StarC 512,163
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 34 min curt 251
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 10 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••