adhi tamilan

Bangalore, India

#448 Mar 28, 2012
DRAVIDIAN wrote:
<quoted text> HEY FUNNY... WHY YOU GOT TENSED? LIE WILL GET ANGRY WHEN TRUTH COMES OUT. ITS LOGIC. THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. VEDAS??? WHATS THE USE OF YOUR VEDAS? CAN THEY JUST HELP ONE HUNGRY MAN? THEY ALL JUST MYTHS LIES. ANYBODY APART FROM BRAHMIN WROTE A SINGLE LINE IN YOUR VEDAS? LEAVE ALL. HAVE YOU EVER READ TAMIL'S THIRUKKURAL? CAN ALL YOUR VEDAS BE EQUAL TO A SINGLE KURAL, "epporul yaaryaar vaai ketpinum apporul meipporul kaanpathu arivu"...
you are correct dravidian.you are great.
adhi tamilan

Bangalore, India

#449 Mar 28, 2012
Devesh Aatmaramani wrote:
<quoted text>
Can i have proof please ???
And by the way no one hates Tamil. People Hate it when one tries to show Tamil is superior to all other languages.
All languages are equally beautiful and have a history of their own.Like my mother tongue Sindhi is also one of the oldest languages and it has many achievements of its own.
So we should appreciate all languages and not
only our own.
sorry guy.i understood my mistake.butihave a proof.type kumari kandam in wikipedia.there you will see the histry of tamil and kumari kandam.do you know what is kumari kandam?it is a place where tamil lang is formed at 200000 BC by a pandian king.but now kumarikandam is submerged at19000 bc.it covered most of the indian ocean.
adhi tamilan

Bangalore, India

#450 Mar 28, 2012
Ganeshan wrote:
Tamil is the ugliest language if not the oldest and Tamilians are the stubborn people. So dont even try to explain anything to them. I myself am a Tamilian and having compared people from other parts of India I can say that Tamilians are worst people
shut your mouth ganeshan.tamil is a beautiful language.you do no about tamil.you know about GU.pop,viramamuniver.GU.pop is french man.when he know more about tamil,he came to tamilnadu and translated thirukural into english.viramamuniver was a italian.he came to tamilnadu and done many works in tamil.so you are not a tamilan.
Devesh Aatmaramani

India

#451 Mar 28, 2012
adhi tamilan wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry guy.i understood my mistake.butihave a proof.type kumari kandam in wikipedia.there you will see the histry of tamil and kumari kandam.do you know what is kumari kandam?it is a place where tamil lang is formed at 200000 BC by a pandian king.but now kumarikandam is submerged at19000 bc.it covered most of the indian ocean.
I know about kumari kundam ... Its a myth ! because you guys believe vedas and upanishads etc to be myths i also consider this to be a myth. It is said that there is NO proof to support this evidence and that kumari kundam is merley mentioed in tamil literature.

SO how is it different from vedas , Upanishads , Puranas(mahabharata , ramayana) etc

And if you are so adamant about tamil and its achievments let us count both shall we !!

Sanskrit is known all over the world . The vedas , the upanishads are known world wide and are even appreciated by the likes of ALbert Einstein and thomas alva edinson . YOu can you even think of comparing a language like sanskrit to tamil ??!!! Im sure most of the forgeingers dont even know what is tamil let alone appreciate it. But Sanskrit is popular world wide

And also it is the principal Language of THREE religions ... Hinduism , Buddhism , Jainism !!

According to Linguist Sir william jones The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity, is of a wonderful structure; more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin, and more exquisitely refined than either.

Its Influence even reaches Thailand , Cambodia Etc In these far east nations Sanskrit is very much respected . Even the national Airport of Thailand in Bangkok is named in Sanskrit (suvarnabhoomi)

n terms of worldwide cultural importance, Edward Sapir in Language quoted that
" There are just five languages that have had overwhelming significance as carriers of culture. These are classical Chinese, Sanskrit, Arabic, Greek, and Latin. In comparison with these, all other languages sink into a secondary position."

And it has also been proposed that Sanskrit is the perfect language to operate computer systems.(alias viduth)

Now from my knowledge Even in dravidian languages all are heavily influenced by sanskrit (except tamil) to the extent that almost 60-80% of the vocabulary is dorectly influenced by sanskrit.

Now let us see tamil
One major achievement is sangam literaature.
2) its the indian language with national status in most countries
3) One of the oldest languages in the world (so is sanskrit b.t.w)

NOpe i cant think of anymore . why dont tell me MR.TAMIL !!!!!
adhi tamilan

Bangalore, India

#452 Mar 28, 2012
Devesh Aatmaramani wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about kumari kundam ... Its a myth ! because you guys believe vedas and upanishads etc to be myths i also consider this to be a myth. It is said that there is NO proof to support this evidence and that kumari kundam is merley mentioed in tamil literature.
SO how is it different from vedas , Upanishads , Puranas(mahabharata , ramayana) etc
And if you are so adamant about tamil and its achievments let us count both shall we !!
Sanskrit is known all over the world . The vedas , the upanishads are known world wide and are even appreciated by the likes of ALbert Einstein and thomas alva edinson . YOu can you even think of comparing a language like sanskrit to tamil ??!!! Im sure most of the forgeingers dont even know what is tamil let alone appreciate it. But Sanskrit is popular world wide
And also it is the principal Language of THREE religions ... Hinduism , Buddhism , Jainism !!
According to Linguist Sir william jones The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity, is of a wonderful structure; more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin, and more exquisitely refined than either.
Its Influence even reaches Thailand , Cambodia Etc In these far east nations Sanskrit is very much respected . Even the national Airport of Thailand in Bangkok is named in Sanskrit (suvarnabhoomi)
" There are just five languages that have had overwhelming significance as carriers of culture. These are classical Chinese, Sanskrit, Arabic, Greek, and Latin. In comparison with these, all other languages sink into a secondary position."
And it has also been proposed that Sanskrit is the perfect language to operate computer systems.(alias viduth)
Now from my knowledge Even in dravidian languages all are heavily influenced by sanskrit (except tamil) to the extent that almost 60-80% of the vocabulary is dorectly influenced by sanskrit.
Now let us see tamil
One major achievement is sangam literaature.
2) its the indian language with national status in most countries
3) One of the oldest languages in the world (so is sanskrit b.t.w)
NOpe i cant think of anymore . why dont tell me MR.TAMIL !!!!!
hai devesh.now we are friends.

“...Strike one”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#453 Mar 29, 2012
LOL @ Thuggee :D

“Body,Mind and Strength are HIS”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#454 Mar 29, 2012
We have a world to rebuild ... and if it requireth a miracle what is that to us? We are both miracles and now we have each other.

Never have I lost faith in you since that day when I first spun you from a giant wave and tossed you helplessly on the sands. As you measure time that was more than five hundred million years ago. There were many models, many shapes, many sizes, before I reached perfection in you more than thirty thousand years ago. I have made no further effort to improve on you in all these years.

For how could one improve on a miracle? You were a marvel to behold and I was pleased. I gave you this world and dominion over it. Then, to enable you to reach your full potential I placed my hand upon you, once more, and endowed you with powers unknown to any other creature in the universe, even unto this day.

I gave you the power to think.
I gave you the power to love.
I gave you the power to will.
I gave you the power to laugh.
I gave you the power to imagine.
I gave you the power to create.
I gave you the power to plan.
I gave you the power to speak.
I gave you the power to pray.
I gave you the power to heal.

My pride in you knew no bounds. You were my ultimate creation, my greatest miracle. A complete living being. One who can adjust to any climate, any hardship, any challenge. One who can manage his own destiny without any interference from me. One who can translate a sensation or perception, not by instinct, but by thought and deliberation into whatever action is best for himself and all humanity.

“...Strike one”

Location hidden

#455 Mar 30, 2012
Thanks, I'll have two more chapatis please.
yguygugujyg78787 y

India

#456 Mar 30, 2012
Id like a plate of idli , upma and 22 plates of tomao rice
vishnu

United States

#457 Apr 1, 2012
@venkatesh,
living languages means it must be used by the people in day to day activities.
if u consider that slogans told in temples make sanskrit a living language then answer me - Because we use number of latin words in our science does latin and greek becomes living language .? the answer is no they are dead languages.

“...Strike one”

Location hidden

#458 Apr 2, 2012
yguygugujyg78787y wrote:
Id like a plate of idli , upma and 22 plates of tomao rice
...wedding feast!

Be careful pf the AK-47's :) LOL
research and post

Suva, Fiji

#459 Apr 3, 2012
To answer this question we have to look at the oldest books, possibly the first books of the world.
The oldest books known to mankind is the vedas which is in sanskrit ( some 3million or so years ). Hindi is a shudha form of sanskrita.
Shanmugham

India

#460 Apr 3, 2012
Vidyuth patibandala wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid person , Sanskrit is known all over the world . The vedas , the upanishads are known world wide and are even appreciated by the likes of ALbert Einstein and thomas alva edinson . YOu can you even think of comparing a language like sanskrit to tamil ??!!! Im sure most of the forgeingers dont even know what is tamil let alone appreciate it. But Sanskrit is popular world wide
And also it is the principal Language of THREE religions ... Hinduism , Buddhism , Jainism !! WHAT IS TAMIL???
And it has also been proposed that Sanskrit is the perfect language to operate computer systems.
And the list goes on and on .... So think before talking of sanskrit next time GOT IT!!!
First you speak Sanskrit and revive it.. It is not a language actually.. To be eligible to be called a language, it should be spoken as mother tongue.. It is not a mother tongue of the people.. It was created for a specific purpose and through unfair govt support, it was probagated.. If you analyse the basic roots of Sanskrit, you cant find Tamil, Pali and Prakrit words only.. That is why an artificial language could not survive on its own as a mother tongue and lives on sticking to other languages like a parasite.. Because of Sanskrit intrusion in Tamil, Pali and Prakrit, India has been made into a shattered region with hundreds of languages and differences.. This notorious credit goes to the Sanskrit language..
prasanth

Chennai, India

#461 Apr 3, 2012
Brinda Krishnan wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a southie I have to disagree with you. Tamil is One of the hardest languages of the world ( not that its a bad thing ) Its got a hell lot more sounds like for instance "zh" which is a combination of LR (God knows why its written as zh in english :P) and its got way more letters than the Devanagari script i.e 247 compared to only 48 letters in the Devanagari script. Also The vocabulary of Tamil is vast and its grammar is tough and needs long term practice.
And also we may never know which is older Tamil or Sanskrit because both the languages are classical and both have historical literature like Vedas and Upanishads in Sanskrit and thirukkural etc in Tamil.

I think this whole debate is stupid. Instead of Degrading Each other we should appreciate both .
And I am a tamilian and a mumbaikar and To all the people who have this view that north Indians are this and that and they they think south Indians are this and that , well you guys need to give it a rest.
Firstly , The common people are highly stereotypical. We all hold some or the other stereotype against anything we are unaware of. We blame northies for being stereotypical towards the south folks but aren't we guys also the same . We too have so many stereotypes against them. Its not anybodies fault , its human nature. Everybody does it including Americans and Europeans who are more and aggressively stereotypical.
In Mumbai people do make fun of Southeys but so do they for every culture Punjabi people are dumb and gujjus are kanjoos etc so the point is everyone makes fun of everyone. no need to take it to heart
cause that is a dumb thing to do . Just laugh it off or correct them politely :)
And @ prashanth
Dude take a chill pill . Whichever language developed from whom who cares . In this scenario all are fully fledged languages with rich literature.a SO you don't have the right to degrade any language .
Anyways my point is instead of this mindless fighting we should be united and look towards developing India as one otherwise we will never develop if we remain divided .
\

of corz i was doing tat, but i cant it easily wen some1 rubbishes the truth and talks foul of it...!

“...Strike one”

Location hidden

#463 Apr 4, 2012
research and post wrote:
To answer this question we have to look at the oldest books, possibly the first books of the world.
The oldest books known to mankind is the vedas which is in sanskrit ( some 3million or so years ). Hindi is a shudha form of sanskrita.
To answer this question, we need to make sure that Pakistani Intelligence don't BLOW THE F*CK out of the books first....!!!

lol
To Educate One Hundred

San Jose, CA

#464 Apr 4, 2012
To Educate One Hundred wrote:
... Not what I want to talk about. Let's all talk about Phil Gray.
That's because you are Phil Gray. Do not try to duck it.
Shekhar

India

#465 Apr 5, 2012
It is a scrap..
kumar

Bangalore, India

#466 Apr 5, 2012
Tamil is an oldest one which was proved by scientist from all the way. Did any one can prooved Sanskrit, don't go wrong way always.
athi tamilan

Chennai, India

#467 Apr 5, 2012
kumar wrote:
Tamil is an oldest one which was proved by scientist from all the way. Did any one can prooved Sanskrit, don't go wrong way always.
you are correct guy.i think you are pure tamilan.
Ganesh

Mumbai, India

#468 Apr 6, 2012
Tamil is the first language in world no doub't .
Feel happy tamils

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 12 min myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 18 min myveryownjulia 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Last Word + 2 33 min Anonymous 981
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 41 min Anonymous 1,283
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 44 min Anonymous 4,461
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Anonymous 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 265,195
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr June VanDerMark 559,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web