|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Alien"?
As for the Jews, presumably they saw other people getting sick from bad shellfish and decided to ban their consumption. What is so supernatural about that?
Yes, Alien. The 'other world being' Jews claim gave them Law. You know, the Alien that protected Moses from radiation 4,000 years before scientists knew how to do it.

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Not the Zeitgeist, nor democracy 2000, nor human rights, nor Obama.
nor human rights...nor human rights....nor human rights...nor human rights....nor human rights...nor human rights.

Does anyone else see the problem here?
El Cid

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like homosexuality, don't be a homosexual.
Pretty easy.
Good thing about living in a secular society is that your religious opinion means absolutely nothing.
The question is rather simple, "is Homosexuality a sin?"
The answer is a resounding and absolute YES! now it is quite another issue whether it is relevant in today's world where most believers would say yes and unbelievers say no.

I find it silly for non believers to enter theological questions just as I would find it silly for vegetarians to discuss which ham is better...you will never understand and you don't have to because you have free will (freedom).I would also like to point out that the US was established free of any ESTABLISHED or state church but that the core of the beliefs were Christian so don't fantasize about a secular state because that did exist under Lenin,Stalin,Mao,Pol Pot etc. but not in the US where prayer was common in most schools until the late 20th century.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

No, homosexuality is not a sin, unless you choose to believe in sin.
El Cid

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Wacka_Flacka wrote:
I thought your name was wacka not wacko...

If you don't believe in sin then you have no reason to enter the discussion but if you do believe in sin then homosexuality is definitely one and it is even ranked an abomination. Now you have to be a wacko to argue the contrary and any logical person would see how ridiculous your "argument " is .
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

The bible is very clear about this most unholy sin, and most hideous evil abomination.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your name was wacka not wacko...
If you don't believe in sin then you have no reason to enter the discussion but if you do believe in sin then homosexuality is definitely one and it is even ranked an abomination. Now you have to be a wacko to argue the contrary and any logical person would see how ridiculous your "argument " is .
Uh, I was simply answering a question posed on a very public forum.
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam, you doth protest too much. Seek therapy. Obviously suppression isn't working for you.
Anything that is even slightly gay should be considered evil.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Wacka_Flacka wrote:

I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Bob

Tenino, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Wacka_Flacka wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, I was simply answering a question posed on a very public forum.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Aiesha S

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Dr Feelgood wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the facts straight.Homosexuals are condemned to death, that's the difference.
Then YOU will have to throw the stones @ them, because nobody else will join in.
Aiesha S

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a redeemed cynic who just barbarically blew a idiot away and flushed another idiot out of the bushes.
I see. Pride is considered to be a sin, also.
Aiesha S

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Alien"?
As for the Jews, presumably they saw other people getting sick from bad shellfish and decided to ban their consumption. What is so supernatural about that?
Hi Wilde. I actually agree with the Jews about eating oysters, after what the last Hawkesbury seafood dinner did to my stomach. Spent the night hunched over the toilet.

But that's my personal preference, which I DO NOT try to force on others.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Aiesha S wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Pride is considered to be a sin, also.
Ah, a second idiot flushed out.

You mistake pride for barbarianism.

You believe in sin for others, but not yourself?

That would be hypocrisy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Aiesha S wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Wilde. I actually agree with the Jews about eating oysters, after what the last Hawkesbury seafood dinner did to my stomach. Spent the night hunched over the toilet.
But that's my personal preference, which I DO NOT try to force on others.
Who was trying to force that on you?

The Alien didn't even do that. He only said 'if' you follow these Laws, your tiny culture will survive and grow and stand out from all others.

History verifies that. Hummm...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
The new testament is not for jews.
They do not believe that the figure you call Jesus fulfilled the requirements of "The Messiah".
Just as the old testament is rules for the jews, which they still follow and means little to the christians as evidenced by the fact that christians feel no need to follow those rules.
No, but the old testament is also for christians.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

It is time for some straight talking.

Homo sins on one beam scale and other sins like shrimps eater on other.I bet homosexual sins are much heavier. Even if you put other sins like lying, stealing on the scale with the shrimps eater the scale with the homosexuals will be still much heavier. Remember Homosexuality is an detestable sin worthy to death.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Homosexuality is to be measured on the same level as cannibalism and incest.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Wacka_Flacka wrote:
Lie to yourself.

“Knowledge is true opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

El Cid wrote:
The question is rather simple, "is Homosexuality a sin?"
The answer is a resounding and absolute YES!
Actually, not nearly as resounding as you may think.

First, you must define "sin".
If you use the definition "something that god dislikes", it may still not be as resounding as many think.

The concept of "homosexuals" that we have today did not really exist at the time the bible was written. Many of the parts that have been interpreted to be a prohibition against homosexuality are actually prohibitions against the use of temple prostitutes.
El Cid wrote:
now it is quite another issue whether it is relevant in today's world where most believers would say yes and unbelievers say no.
Agreed
El Cid wrote:
I find it silly for non believers to enter theological questions
Why?
It is usually former christians that have read and understand the bible much better than christians. It is the entire reason we are former christians.
El Cid wrote:
just as I would find it silly for vegetarians to discuss which ham is better.
Not really a valid comparison.

No one is attempting to force vegetarians to eat ham.

But, christians regualrly try to impose their religious will via law onto everyone else.
El Cid wrote:
..you will never understand and you don't have to because you have free will (freedom).
I understand quite well.

It is common for christians to hold the same belief that you seem to hold. Anyone who doesn't beleive in the christian religion must not understand. But, it was understanding that led me and many others to abandon the religion.
El Cid wrote:
I would also like to point out that the US was established free of any ESTABLISHED or state church but that the core of the beliefs were Christian
I believe our founding fathers were quite clear that they were establishing a secular government free of religion.

The majority of the population may have been christian (though christians today are very different from the christians of 200 years ago) but the founding fathers made sure that religion would play no part in government (and many of the important founding fathers were not even christians - they were diests)
El Cid wrote:
so don't fantasize about a secular state because that did exist under Lenin,Stalin,Mao,Pol Pot etc. but not in the US where prayer was common in most schools until the late 20th century.
Prayer is STILL common in most schools.
The difference now is that it is not forced prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

495 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 533,578
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min dirty white boy- 722,176
Sacramento Addiction Therapist Uses Her Educati... 14 min The Addictions Coach 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Buck Crick 224,647
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min true 172,548
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min Smokin Joe 115,620
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Charlie Sheen 256,978
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••