created by: yoga chic | Oct 25, 2007

Top Stories

2,994 votes

Do You Have To Go To Church To Get To Heaven?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
Comments
1 - 20 of 2,332 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2013
First Prev
of 117
Next Last

“Hug A Tree”

Since: Oct 07

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

I am just curious as to what people believe. This has always been a question for me. Sorry I didn't put in a Don't Know answer, thought I did.
sooner

Montpelier, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

If you really follow what is told to us in the bible then you must find a way to worship your Lord, your God.

Remember Jesus said there is no way to the Father except thru me.

We were told to accept Jesus as our savior publicly. We are to be baptized (wash away our sins) in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

We are to maintain our faith in Jesus and to pray continuously for forgiveness of our sins.

So I suppose a person should attend a denomination of their faith, as long as the bible is taught.

Remember the word church means nothing more than God's family. The buildings we enter are just a place to meet and worship and pray Jesus pays us a visit while we are there.

Pray every day for someone or something.
rchcrnium

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

religion is an excuse for weak minded people looking for comfort or guidance. belive in yourself, do the right thing and, hey, who gives a crap when your dead. your gone. it was nice knowing you. back to the earth. some people need the comfort of fictional dreamlands to keep from living scared, oh yeah, they also use it to forgive themselves when they're raping our kids.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

sooner wrote:
If you really follow what is told to us in the bible then you must find a way to worship your Lord, your God.
Remember Jesus said there is no way to the Father except thru me.
We were told to accept Jesus as our savior publicly. We are to be baptized (wash away our sins) in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
We are to maintain our faith in Jesus and to pray continuously for forgiveness of our sins.
So I suppose a person should attend a denomination of their faith, as long as the bible is taught.
Remember the word church means nothing more than God's family. The buildings we enter are just a place to meet and worship and pray Jesus pays us a visit while we are there.
Pray every day for someone or something.
Sooner, thanks that's an excellent statement. I know all of this but just being curious. I do pray every day, don't know where I would be without it.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

rchcrnium wrote:
religion is an excuse for weak minded people looking for comfort or guidance. belive in yourself, do the right thing and, hey, who gives a crap when your dead. your gone. it was nice knowing you. back to the earth. some people need the comfort of fictional dreamlands to keep from living scared, oh yeah, they also use it to forgive themselves when they're raping our kids.
Ouch!!!!
sooner

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

rchcrnium wrote:
We will know one day won't we, who is right. I am betting eternity that Jesus will return and I pray my name is in his book of eternal life.

Your story sounds just like my brother. THERE is no one greater than me.

We do have a forgiving God if we are sincere in our faith.
sooner

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

yoga chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooner, thanks that's an excellent statement. I know all of this but just being curious. I do pray every day, don't know where I would be without it.
Do not pay attention to those that do not believe. I however will tell you it is a major point to ask Jesus for forgiveness before others and to be baptised. Sounds like you are certainly doing the rest. If you have a family include them in your worship.
sooner

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

Those of you responding with a "NO" what is some of your plans on how to get to heaven?
She Be Me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

I believe you don't have to go to church to go to heaven but you do need to ask forgivness of your sins through Jesus.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world,(that's you)that he gave his only begotton Son,(that's Jesus) that whosoever believeth in him (is that you?)should not perish, but have everlasting life.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

sooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not pay attention to those that do not believe. I however will tell you it is a major point to ask Jesus for forgiveness before others and to be baptised. Sounds like you are certainly doing the rest. If you have a family include them in your worship.
I include all in my worship, especially my family. God is so loving and forgiving. I just can't believe He has given me so much to be thankful for. I was one of those lost ones, incest etc. and I always lived with God and my rosary. Yes I am Catholic. But I have been able to live because of Jesus, without that, I would not be here today.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

She Be Me wrote:
I believe you don't have to go to church to go to heaven but you do need to ask forgivness of your sins through Jesus.
For God so loved the world,(that's you)that he gave his only begotton Son,(that's Jesus) that whosoever believeth in him (is that you?)should not perish, but have everlasting life.
That's it right there, She Be Me you got it. Thank you and God Bless
Tontey

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

She Be Me wrote:
This is a very interesting topic. just to express what I feel about going to heaven, First I feel of course, anyone can be acceptable to god as long as they repent of their sins. and in my religion only a certain amount of people will be going to heaven which is of the annointed. second, I disagree with the fantasy stories that says your going to hell if your bad. although it says in the bible there's a hell, that just means She'ol which is basically defined we're eventually going to the ground. yeah sad, but thank god for the good news.....we have a savior that can and will bring us back to life but he won't if we choose to do our own thing. thats why most of us will die. men has put in our minds LIVE FOR TODAY DIE TOMORROW!! but when day of judgement comes it will be too late for you and I. we can't pretend to be ms or mr goodie goodie. its been that way since our Parents Adam and Eve took the fruit of which Jehovah God told them not to. and ever since man has been dominating man to their own injury it hasn't stopped until God says it'a over. and Paradise will come in to play.

I'll go in to detail of what I believe if anyone wishes for me to continue.

I will dimiss myself if anyone feels I'm a show stopper in his discussion

“I won't pay health insurance”

Since: Jun 07

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

rchcrnium wrote:
Too bad you don't have any evidence to support your false claims. The truth can be found, you just have to really want to know it. You don't even have to be in any sort of religious group.

“Freedom is not free”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

I have not been inside a church in 30 years. And I don't plan on going anytime soon.

I believe in God. I don't believe in churches and preachers.

If there is a hell the deepest and hottest part it will be full of preachers.

hok

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

rchcrnium wrote:
religion is an excuse for weak minded people
Well ... kinda.
(Organized) Religion is usually a BOGUS, manipulative brownie-point system-path to God. Most times it has very little to do with true spirituality - like pursuing Godly characteristics such as love, joy, patience, forgiveness, and kindness.
Weak-minded people choose not to pursue God.

Back to the poll question, access to God and Heaven are solely dependent upon ACCEPTING the original Christmas gift: Jesus.
Church and subsequent commitments to God are just thankful reactions to the gift.

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

sooner wrote:
Those of you responding with a "NO" what is some of your plans on how to get to heaven?
For those wondering how to enter Heaven, read chapter 3 of John. It helped me understand.

John 3:5 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Christ already died and suffered for YOU. If he can forgive sins through suffering in the flesh, why can't we? I do not believe you will go to hell if you aren't constantly asking for forgiveness, but material suffering may be the alternative. This does not mean all sinners are going to live in misery, because the ones who love them most may take the burden or ask forgiveness on their behalf.

Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Well this is all my own personal understanding. If someone begs to differ please feel free to express your beliefs openly to me.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

Tontey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a very interesting topic. just to express what I feel about going to heaven, First I feel of course, anyone can be acceptable to god as long as they repent of their sins. and in my religion only a certain amount of people will be going to heaven which is of the annointed. second, I disagree with the fantasy stories that says your going to hell if your bad. although it says in the bible there's a hell, that just means She'ol which is basically defined we're eventually going to the ground. yeah sad, but thank god for the good news.....we have a savior that can and will bring us back to life but he won't if we choose to do our own thing. thats why most of us will die. men has put in our minds LIVE FOR TODAY DIE TOMORROW!! but when day of judgement comes it will be too late for you and I. we can't pretend to be ms or mr goodie goodie. its been that way since our Parents Adam and Eve took the fruit of which Jehovah God told them not to. and ever since man has been dominating man to their own injury it hasn't stopped until God says it'a over. and Paradise will come in to play.
I'll go in to detail of what I believe if anyone wishes for me to continue.
I will dimiss myself if anyone feels I'm a show stopper in his discussion
Tontey, keep going, this is very interesting.

“Hug A Tree”

Help Save Our Wolves

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

Garand wrote:
I have not been inside a church in 30 years. And I don't plan on going anytime soon.
That's not very nice and how do you know that?
colormetrue

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

you dont have to go to a building to get to heaven.Although it is a good practice because one can fellowship and worship with other believers."Where two or more are gathered".We can worship in our own car or home if you want.its the means of adoring and praising our maker.
The part about getting to heaven to me means to completely surrender to God repent and ask forgiveness and of course the biggest is to believe that He is the Son of God who is our Savior.That is the path I take and God needs to be in contol of ALL of me.

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Judged:

Garand wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that. You must have had a really bad experience. What church was it from? I live in a very small town and our preacher is one of the greatest guys I ever met. Very down to earth and loves to help everyone out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 117
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

747 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 256,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min pusherman_ 721,280
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 min Miki 81
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min An NFL Fan 115,322
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min KayMarie 532,953
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min andet1987 3,979
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,371
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••