Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Comments (Page 1,544)

Showing posts 30,861 - 30,880 of36,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35594
Aug 13, 2012
 
super grover wrote:
<quoted text>you are crazy!!
Coming from you that is very funny slow grower!!!!!
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35595
Aug 13, 2012
 
A challange to anyone prove that Jesus exist , physical proof that he is alive today , and or God for that matter

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35596
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Proof that Jesus did exist

http://www.ucg.org/science/surprising-archaeo...

These are some historical people who support the fact that Jesus was real

Thallus (ca. A.D. 52) was also one of the great ancient Roman chroniclers who reported the death of Christ. This author wrote a book about the history of the eastern Mediterranean world from the Trojan War to his own time. Only a few fragments of this historical work are preserved in the quotations of other authors, among them Julius Africanus. It seems that Julius was familiar with Thallus' work. In the context of his report about Christ's crucifixion and the darkness that enveloped the land when Jesus entrusted his spirit to the hands of his Father, Julius referred to a statement made by Thallus concerning this incident. He said:

Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun---unreasonably, as it seems to me.
Julius rejected this explanation in A.D. 221 on the basis that a solar eclipse ``could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Pascal [Easter] full moon that Jesus [was crucified].''

Thallus was not the only one who mentioned this darkness. Several other ancient authors also reported it. Dionysius the Areopagite said when he saw this darkness,``Either the god of nature is meditating now, or he is lamenting someone dying.'' In the second century, Philophone, the astrologer, pointed to it, saying,``The darkness that occurred when Jesus was crucified, nothing like it happened before....'' The Muslim chronicler al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir referred to it in his book al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya [Vol. 1, p. 182]. In his Annals, Ibn al-Athir recorded it on the authority of the narrators and expositors.

Lucian the Greek, a prominent Greek satirist of the second century, commented derisively on Christ and Christians. Since he followed the Epicurean philosophy, he failed to comprehend the true nature of the Christian faith. He could not understand the readiness of Christians to die for the sake of their beliefs. He regarded them as deluded people who yearned for the hereafter instead of enjoying the pleasures of the present world. He said:
The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day---the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account...and then it was impressed on them by their original law-giver that they are all brothers, from the moment they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws.

It is evident from the above quotation that the crucifixion of Christ was not a disputable issue even among the heathens who ridiculed the Christian faith. To them it was an historical event and not a myth. They never had a trace of doubt as to who the crucified one was.

Acts of Pontius Pilate
In his First Apology, Justin Martyr (ca. A.D. 150) affirmed that Christ's crucifixion could be confirmed by Pilate's report. He also referred to Jesus' miracles and acts of healing, and added:``And that he did those things, you can learn from the Acts of

Pontius Pilate.'' Tertullian (ca. A.D. 200) also pointed to the same document.

Another ancient author who mentioned the crucified Christ is Suetonius, the chief secretary of Emperor Hadrian (A.D. 117--138). His office allowed him to inspect the official records and to become well acquainted with the different reasons that led to the
persecution of the Christian communities, specifically their faith in Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35597
Aug 13, 2012
 
Sheilaa wrote:
Proof that Jesus did exist
http://www.ucg.org/science/surprising-archaeo...
These are some historical people who support the fact that Jesus was real
Thallus (ca. A.D. 52) was also one of the great ancient Roman chroniclers who reported the death of Christ. This author wrote a book about the history of the eastern Mediterranean world from the Trojan War to his own time. Only a few fragments of this historical work are preserved in the quotations of other authors, among them Julius Africanus. It seems that Julius was familiar with Thallus' work. In the context of his report about Christ's crucifixion and the darkness that enveloped the land when Jesus entrusted his spirit to the hands of his Father, Julius referred to a statement made by Thallus concerning this incident. He said:
Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun---unreasonably, as it seems to me.
Julius rejected this explanation in A.D. 221 on the basis that a solar eclipse ``could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Pascal [Easter] full moon that Jesus [was crucified].''
Thallus was not the only one who mentioned this darkness. Several other ancient authors also reported it. Dionysius the Areopagite said when he saw this darkness,``Either the god of nature is meditating now, or he is lamenting someone dying.'' In the second century, Philophone, the astrologer, pointed to it, saying,``The darkness that occurred when Jesus was crucified, nothing like it happened before....'' The Muslim chronicler al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir referred to it in his book al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya [Vol. 1, p. 182]. In his Annals, Ibn al-Athir recorded it on the authority of the narrators and expositors.
Lucian the Greek, a prominent Greek satirist of the second century, commented derisively on Christ and Christians. Since he followed the Epicurean philosophy, he failed to comprehend the true nature of the Christian faith. He could not understand the readiness of Christians to die for the sake of their beliefs. He regarded them as deluded people who yearned for the hereafter instead of enjoying the pleasures of the present world. He said:
The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day---the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account...and then it was impressed on them by their original law-giver that they are all brothers, from the moment they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws.
It is evident from the above quotation that the crucifixion of Christ was not a disputable issue even among the heathens who ridiculed the Christian faith. To them it was an historical event and not a myth. They never had a trace of doubt as to who the crucified one was.
Acts of Pontius Pilate
In his First Apology, Justin Martyr (ca. A.D. 150) affirmed that Christ's crucifixion could be confirmed by Pilate's report. He also referred to Jesus' miracles and acts of healing, and added:``And that he did those things, you can learn from the Acts of
Pontius Pilate.'' Tertullian (ca. A.D. 200) also pointed to the same document.
Another ancient author who mentioned the crucified Christ is Suetonius, the chief secretary of Emperor Hadrian (A.D. 117--138). His office allowed him to inspect the official records and to become well acquainted with the different reasons that led to the
persecution of the Christian communities, specifically their faith in Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection
read the post again, prove what you say
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35598
Aug 13, 2012
 
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from you that is very funny slow grower!!!!!
good hope you got a laugh,your poll says I am not the only one that knows this about you Shelia the Fake
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35599
Aug 13, 2012
 
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between my posts and yours are that I back my posts up with evidence that can be independently verified by others. All you have is a lot of pathetic babble that you spew out with no subatance.
the links you provide are BS radical religious fandics such as yourself,they are not even worth reading anymore

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35600
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

super grover wrote:
<quoted text>good hope you got a laugh,your poll says I am not the only one that knows this about you Shelia the Fake
Started by muslims due to the fact that I give them heaps about their false prophet and moon god. Check out the poll on whether or not is a violent and political ideology. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35601
Aug 13, 2012
 
super grover wrote:
<quoted text>the links you provide are BS radical religious fandics such as yourself,they are not even worth reading anymore
A different link from someone who "is not fanatical"

http://reknew.org/2008/01/is-there-archeologi...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35602
Aug 13, 2012
 
Who is Greg Boyd?

Greg Boyd is an internationally recognized theologian, preacher, teacher, apologist and author.

He has been featured on the front page of The New York Times, The Charlie Rose Show, CNN, National Public Radio, the BBC and numerous other television and radio venues.

Greg received his Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary (summa cum laude 1988), his M.Div. from Yale Divinity School (cum laude 1982), and his B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Minnesota (1979). He was a professor of theology for 16 years at Bethel University (St. Paul, MN) where he received the Teaching Excellence Award and Campus Leadership Award.

Greg is the co-founder of Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minnesota where he serves as Senior Pastor, speaking to thousands each week.

Greg has authored or co-authored 18 books and numerous academic articles, including his best-selling and award-winning Letters From a Skeptic and his recent books Repenting of Religion and The Myth of a Christian Nation. His apologetic writings and public debates on the historical Jesus and the problem of evil have helped many skeptics embrace faith, and his writings and seminars on spiritual transformation have had a revolutionary, freeing impact on thousands of believers.

Greg passionately believes that faith and reason are not mutually exclusive, but that the mind and heart were made for congruity. He boldly defends a Christian faith that embraces science, rejects religion, transcends politics and nationalism, and that calls for a radical, socially engaged form of discipleship defined by the self-sacrificial love of the Cross.

Greg and his wife Shelley have been married for over 32 years. They have three children and five grandchildren and live in St. Paul, Minnesota.

One more thing: in his spare time, Greg plays drums for Not Dead Yet, a Twin Cities cover rock band that donates all of its proceeds to a non-profit organization called Kòt a Kòt (Haitian Creole for “side by side”), a home in Haiti for at-risk girls.
The Truth

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35603
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Super Grover, you were named Woody Sat. night. Changed your name; Why? I can't find the posts from Sat. night, but first you said that you were going to be the supreme rulers over everything else and everything else is the lowest of the low and then you said that the Jewish people are supreme and rich. That's a contradiction. Contradiction can be found in www.dictionary.com since you may not understand the definition. By the way, Woody-Super Grover, you never answered my question; when are you ever going to become supreme? It appears like it's taking you an awfully extended period of time to get there. Do you have meetings where you put a white bed linen over your head and cut out two holes for eyes. Quite brilliant; makes me think you are a Rhodes scholar. Oh, that one isn't in www.dictionary.com . It's far to complicated for you.
The Truth

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35604
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I can't remember all the contributions the Jewish people have made, but two come to mind. Salz invented the vaccine? Which one, Super Grover? The polio vaccine. Didn't know that; did you?
And Einstein. Without him, you'd be in the dark. Then, again you already are.
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35605
Aug 13, 2012
 
The Truth wrote:
Super Grover, you were named Woody Sat. night. Changed your name; Why? I can't find the posts from Sat. night, but first you said that you were going to be the supreme rulers over everything else and everything else is the lowest of the low and then you said that the Jewish people are supreme and rich. That's a contradiction. Contradiction can be found in www.dictionary.com since you may not understand the definition. By the way, Woody-Super Grover, you never answered my question; when are you ever going to become supreme? It appears like it's taking you an awfully extended period of time to get there. Do you have meetings where you put a white bed linen over your head and cut out two holes for eyes. Quite brilliant; makes me think you are a Rhodes scholar. Oh, that one isn't in www.dictionary.com . It's far to complicated for you.
dont know who Woody is, as far as post from sat. night dont think I made any ,I dont have a reason to change my name I am good with the one I have what do you mean by becoming supreme?? you think i am kkk ha ha ooooo you are real good and real lost!! get a grip!
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35606
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Truth wrote:
I can't remember all the contributions the Jewish people have made, but two come to mind. Salz invented the vaccine? Which one, Super Grover? The polio vaccine. Didn't know that; did you?
And Einstein. Without him, you'd be in the dark. Then, again you already are.
never said bad about the Jews its Zionism that I have a problem with and Islam for that matter,you cant rember i thought you were smart? you sure act like it , I really am not scared of the dark are you??
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35607
Aug 13, 2012
 
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Started by muslims due to the fact that I give them heaps about their false prophet and moon god. Check out the poll on whether or not is a violent and political ideology. LOL
we have been there and i agree with you on that, lets get back to the point please prove Jesus and or your God lives some kind of physical proof i would love to see it , prove it to me so that i will know you are right and i have been wrong this whole time,if you can i will be saved
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35608
Aug 13, 2012
 
the truth is wrote:
IF we all respected each other, and truly cared about our neighbors we wouldn't have all these problems in the world. I am an atheist, but show more love to my fellow man than do all the right wing fanatical Christians that live around me. They are the most greedy, money loving, hateful people I have ever met. On the other hand I go to school with many Muslims, and find them to be very generous, truly caring, humble and loving.
Do not speak like that when our Shielaa the Great or WW Man can hear or see it.

Your words would be like spears going thru their hearts. You are only free to speak bad words about Islam and Muslims and you must never say or use any good words about them.

Either your post would be ignored or you will be posted with so many negative posts, that you would run away from this thread.

I like your courage though, by sticking your head out in this Islam and Muslim bashing climate.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35609
Aug 13, 2012
 
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Bravery And Drone Pilots

The Pentagon considers awarding war medals to those who operate America's death-delivering video games

By Glenn Greenwald (Contd.)


This is why the rapid proliferation of drones, beyond their own ethical and legal quandaries, makes violence and aggression so much easier (and cheaper) to perpetrate and therefore so much more likely. In the New York Times today, Thomas Ricks, echoing Gen. Stanely McChrystal, calls for the re-instatement of real conscription because subjecting all of the nation to the risks of combat is the only way to finally restrain America’s posture of Endless War (“having a draft might, as General McChrystal said, make Americans think more carefully before going to war”); conversely, cost-free, risk-free drone warfare does the opposite.

If the mere act of taking steps that will result in the death of others makes one “brave,” consider all the killers who now merit that term: dictators who order protesters executed, tyrants who send others off to war, prison guards who activate electric chairs.

As for the claim that drone “pilots” are not engaged in the extinguishing of human life via video games, the military’s own term for its drone kills —“bug splat,” which happens to be the name of a children’s video game — and other evidence negates that. From Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone:

At first, many pilots resisted the advance of drones, viewing them as nothing but a robotic replacement for highly trained fighter jocks.... Now, given the high profile and future prospects of drones, pilots are lining up to operate them, volunteering for an intensive, one-year training course that includes simulated missions.“There is more enthusiasm for the job,” says Lt. Gen. David Deptula, a fighter pilot who ran the Air Force’s surveillance drone program until 2010.“Many pilots are excited about operating these things.”

For a new generation of young guns, the experience of piloting a drone is not unlike the video games they grew up on. Unlike traditional pilots, who physically fly their payloads to a target, drone operators kill at the touch of a button, without ever leaving their base – a remove that only serves to further desensitize the taking of human life.(The military slang for a man killed by a drone strike is “bug splat,” since viewing the body through a grainy-green video image gives the sense of an insect being crushed.)

As drone pilot Lt. Col. Matt Martin recounts in his book Predator, operating a drone is “almost like playing the computer game Civilization“– something straight out of “a sci-fi novel.” After one mission, in which he navigated a drone to target a technical college being occupied by insurgents in Iraq, Martin felt “electrified” and “adrenalized,” exulting that “we had shot the technical college full of holes, destroying large portions of it and killing only God knew how many people.“ Only later did the reality of what he had done sink in.“I had yet to realize the horror,” Martin recalls.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35610
Aug 13, 2012
 
Human rights lawyer Jennifer Robinson recently recounted numerous cases of horrifying civilian deaths involving Pakistani teenagers whose lives were ended by drones, and she observed that “this PlayStation warfare is only risk-free for operators of these remote-controlled killers.” She added that the use of the term “bug splat” for drone victims “is deliberately employed as a psychological tactic to dehumanise targets so operatives overcome their inhibition to kill; and so the public remains apathetic and unmoved to act,” and that “the phrase has far more sinister origins and historical use: In dehumanising their Pakistani targets, the US resorts to Nazi semantics. Their targets are not just computer game-like targets, but pesky or harmful bugs that must be killed.”

I don’t doubt that some drone attackers experience some psychological stress from knowing that they are eradicating human beings with their joysticks and red buttons (though if it’s only “bugs” who are being splattered, why would the stress be particularly burdensome?). But that stress is nothing compared to the terror routinely imposed on the populations in numerous Muslim countries who are being targeted with these attacks. And whatever else is true, drone warfare is already so exceedingly cheap and easy that the temptation to use it regularly is virtually irresistible. Collectively venerating it as an act of “bravery”(of all things), deserving of war medals, is only likely to shield it even further from critical scrutiny and challenge.

Copyright © 2012 Salon Media Group, Inc.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35611
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not speak like that when our Shielaa the Great or WW Man can hear or see it.
Your words would be like spears going thru their hearts. You are only free to speak bad words about Islam and Muslims and you must never say or use any good words about them.
Either your post would be ignored or you will be posted with so many negative posts, that you would run away from this thread.
I like your courage though, by sticking your head out in this Islam and Muslim bashing climate.
Mug likes to think he can control everything that everyone says on the forums he prowls. Unfortunately for him this is not possible. When he is shown to be a liar by his own words he goes into a frenzy and starts trying to put words in other peoples mouths like he is doing here right now.

Still waiting for proof that Muslim countries allow freedom of religions other than Islam. Whenever you're ready to prove your claim with evidence Mug. I have already provided mine to you. LOL
super grover

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35612
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Truth wrote:
Super Grover, you were named Woody Sat. night. Changed your name; Why? I can't find the posts from Sat. night, but first you said that you were going to be the supreme rulers over everything else and everything else is the lowest of the low and then you said that the Jewish people are supreme and rich. That's a contradiction. Contradiction can be found in www.dictionary.com since you may not understand the definition. By the way, Woody-Super Grover, you never answered my question; when are you ever going to become supreme? It appears like it's taking you an awfully extended period of time to get there. Do you have meetings where you put a white bed linen over your head and cut out two holes for eyes. Quite brilliant; makes me think you are a Rhodes scholar. Oh, that one isn't in www.dictionary.com . It's far to complicated for you.
you have me mixed up with someone else I am not Jewish I am Pagan, I was not on topix most of the weekend,other things to do besides swap insults with retards,really dont want to become supreme over anything other than myself,my belief is not radical or does it discriminate because of race or the color of your skin,wether you believe that or not makes no differance to me

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35613
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

MUQ wrote:
If I were you MUG I'd be more concerned by the number below.

Pakistan: Jihad has killed almost 4,000 people in first seven months of 2012
But remember: every religion has its extremists! There are violent passages in the Bible, too!(And just how many people have been killed by Christians who took those verses as their inspiration in the first seven months of 2012?) "Pak terrorist attacks killed at least 3,898 in 2012," from ANI, August 9 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):

Islamabad: At least 3,898 people have lost their lives in terrorist violence in Pakistan during the first seven months of the year.
The deaths include 1,705 civilians, 485 security forces personnel and 1,708 terrorists.

During the first seven months of 2012, June and July recorded the highest fatalities with 367 and 363 killings respectively of civilians and security forces personnel. 496 terrorists were also killed in the two months. At least 117 security forces personnel were killed in the month of January alone, reports the Daily Times.

In 2011, a total of 6,303 persons were killed in similar incidents. According to the data, at least 42,824 persons, including the terrorists, have lost their lives in terrorism-related incidents in the country since 2003.

In the ongoing war against terrorism, the armed forces have so far lost the equivalent of two full brigades. Among those killed were one three-star and a couple of two-star generals. At least 3,097 personnel had been killed and 721 others permanently disabled....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,861 - 30,880 of36,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

690 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Toby 89,608
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 680,879
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min RiversideRedneck 217,218
lisa nirban roy lectureR/preacher movednotice@ ... 12 min Silvia domingo 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Dust Storm 512,331
Gay Snapchat Names 21 min pawn boyyo 1,368
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 34 min BenAdam 13
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 41 min Wetpussywanted 281
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 596,623
•••
•••
•••