“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#29030 Aug 31, 2012
Gary wrote:
Hi John:
...God had wrote these commands by the very finger of God Himself in stone ...
Can you provide the original tablets please ?

I am curious as to what language they were written in because at the time of the Exodis there was no written Hebrew language. Are they in Heratic Eguptian or Sumerian Cuniform ? Also, are they using those scripts to phoneticize a semitic language or are they in Egyptian/Sumerian ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#29031 Aug 31, 2012
Student wrote:
THE apostle Paul said that Christians should “be aglow with the spirit,” and ‘do the work of evangelizers, fully accomplishing their ministry.’(Rom. 12:11; 2 Tim. 4:5).....
Yet Jesus preached only to Jews, instructed the disciples to preach to the Jewish communities around the known world (there were Jewish settlements from Spain to Africa to India) and said to walk away from those who didn't want to listen to Jesus' message of Jewish reformation.

Just another case of Paul contradicitng Jesus.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29033 Aug 31, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Jesus preached only to Jews, instructed the disciples to preach to the Jewish communities around the known world (there were Jewish settlements from Spain to Africa to India) and said to walk away from those who didn't want to listen to Jesus' message of Jewish reformation.
Just another case of Paul contradicitng Jesus.
Jehovah God terminated his covenant relationship with Israel as a nation because of its unfaithfulness and its national rejection of his Son.(Mt 21:42, 43; Heb 8:7-13) Evidently the apostle refers to this when saying that ‘the casting of them away meant reconciliation for the world’(Ro 11:15), for as the context shows, the way was thereby opened for the world outside the Jewish community or congregation. That is, the non-Jewish nations now had opportunity to be joined with a faithful Jewish remnant in the new covenant as God’s new nation, spiritual Israel.(Compare Ro 11:5, 7, 11, 12, 15, 25)

As God’s covenant people, his “special property”(Ex 19:5, 6; 1Ki 8:53; Ps 135:4), the Jewish people had enjoyed a measure of reconciliation to God, though still in need of full reconciliation by means of the foretold Redeemer, the Messiah.(Isa 53:5-7, 11, 12; Da 9:24-26)

The non-Jewish nations, on the other hand, were “alienated from the state of Israel and strangers to the covenants of the promise, and . . . had no hope and were without God in the world,” for they had no recognized standing with him.(Eph 2:11, 12)

In harmony with the sacred secret regarding the Seed, God nevertheless purposed to bring blessings for persons of “all nations of the earth.”(Ge 22:15-18) The means for doing this, Christ Jesus’ sacrifice, therefore opened the way for those of the alienated non-Jewish nations to “come to be near by the blood of the Christ.”(Eph 2:13) Not only this, but that sacrifice also removed the division between Jew and non-Jew, for it fulfilled the Law covenant and took it out of the way, thereby allowing Christ to “fully reconcile both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity [the division produced by the Law covenant] by means of himself.” Jew and non-Jew now would have the one approach to God through Christ Jesus, and in course of time, non-Jews were brought into the new covenant as Kingdom heirs with Christ.(Eph 2:14-22; Ro 8:16, 17; Heb 9:15)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#29034 Aug 31, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not keep your filthy Satanic lies in this topic Micah Copycat?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
GFY

“Love much, trust none”

There

#29036 Aug 31, 2012
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah God terminated his covenant relationship with Israel as a nation because of its unfaithfulness and its national rejection of his Son.....
Jesus never said such a thing in any Gospel in or out of the Bible.

You are following the teaching of Paul, not Jesus.

May you believe in Jesus someday.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#29038 Aug 31, 2012
Hi Pat:

This life can be very hard at times and for some they had a very rough start in life. I truly hope God gives you the comfort you need as all of us do and Jesus did say I am the comforter and I will not leav you comfortless, we can wait on the Lord.

"It is good for a man to both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. Lam 3:25-26.

Sometime all we can do is just sit at the feet of the Lord and beg Him for mercy, strength to endure in hope because true love hopeth in all things and I truly hope the very best for you. I will be praying for you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Patricia Senecal wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos don't matter when you talk to me here in my living room. My HOME is clean and smells nice to.
Hey you guys how would you respond when a gal throws this out like another JOKE thread out here at any given time/day/or night?
Thanks in advance for your conseration. Sorry folks it's long. Just a taste of what I've struggled to understand and suffer through just to survive and endure what I'm experiencing in my day today!
Please excuse me, I NEED JESUS NOW!
WHAT JESUS has done for me.
Helped me survive a mother who hated EVERYONE else outside her own mirror (a big one).
Helped me survive a father who knew not love.
Helped me survive abuse/sexual/mental/of every kind.
Helped me survive hate from mom while DAD still at least tried to be good.
Helped me survive being tossed to and fro while mom was whoring around and Dad worked.
Helped me survive Dad not being around enough. I needed and LOVED his love.
Helped me survive mom pushing all her burdens onto my small shoulders.
Helped me survive trying to love and raise mom's family.
Helped me survive when mom finally left us for the boy (19) next door.
Helped me survive the suicide of my little brother when I was 15 on mom's birthday.
Helped me survive the rejection of mom and Dad barely had time. I was the house keeper and mind of the childen. No baby dolls for me.
Helped me survive my Dad's second marriage, wife and mother and father and three unruled and hateful children. Their father turned out to be gay. His children (sons - 2) tried to survive sexual abuse from him and his one daughter just cried like a girl does at times when allowed to.
Helped me survive the day her youngest (21) Peter took his life with another of Dad's rifles. Dad wanted so to adopt this boy. Like Scott and scarey in ways how so.
Helped me survive having no mother to grow up with and Dad could only do so much for a girl who didn't know what was happening when I saw Blood.
JESUS BLOOD wasn't yet visible to me.
There's more. Another suicide - big brother BUDDY, Dad died Fourth of July two years ago, MOM still loves to hate me the best. She wanted JESUS to make her me.
Jesus helps me survive HATE and do it ALONE outside of Jesus's touch. Want some more WITCH. Oh wait - that's just a touch of what JESUS helped me survive.
PEACE - I'm just only understanding the practice of it. I need the true believers because You are like the church - they taught me hate too. For people Witch just like you. JESUS said it different. I read it every day! I can't get enough - I'm weak and Jesus lifts me when I need it the most. I still suffer Witch. How about you? Please take your hands off of JESUS children! Thank you for allowing me to share. Have some fun with you cut and paste talent against that TRUTH!
JESUS/WORD - your words sad and Witch - what is your first name?
My apologies - most just brush and hate me all over, they think I am A JOKE thread. AND YOU too? Yes, I will agree. How else would I survive? Sorry you don't believe in JESUS and I am struggling too, but what choice do I have really. I would faint ...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#29039 Aug 31, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only appear to be nice if people bow to serve that ego of yours.....
Wrong.

I just don't respect babbling idiots like you.
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#29043 Aug 31, 2012
Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah God terminated his covenant relationship with Israel as a nation because of its unfaithfulness and its national rejection of his Son.(Mt 21:42, 43; Heb 8:7-13) Evidently the apostle refers to this when saying that ‘the casting of them away meant reconciliation for the world’(Ro 11:15), for as the context shows, the way was thereby opened for the world outside the Jewish community or congregation. That is, the non-Jewish nations now had opportunity to be joined with a faithful Jewish remnant in the new covenant as God’s new nation, spiritual Israel.(Compare Ro 11:5, 7, 11, 12, 15, 25)
As God’s covenant people, his “special property”(Ex 19:5, 6; 1Ki 8:53; Ps 135:4), the Jewish people had enjoyed a measure of reconciliation to God, though still in need of full reconciliation by means of the foretold Redeemer, the Messiah.(Isa 53:5-7, 11, 12; Da 9:24-26)
The non-Jewish nations, on the other hand, were “alienated from the state of Israel and strangers to the covenants of the promise, and . . . had no hope and were without God in the world,” for they had no recognized standing with him.(Eph 2:11, 12)
In harmony with the sacred secret regarding the Seed, God nevertheless purposed to bring blessings for persons of “all nations of the earth.”(Ge 22:15-18) The means for doing this, Christ Jesus’ sacrifice, therefore opened the way for those of the alienated non-Jewish nations to “come to be near by the blood of the Christ.”(Eph 2:13) Not only this, but that sacrifice also removed the division between Jew and non-Jew, for it fulfilled the Law covenant and took it out of the way, thereby allowing Christ to “fully reconcile both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity [the division produced by the Law covenant] by means of himself.” Jew and non-Jew now would have the one approach to God through Christ Jesus, and in course of time, non-Jews were brought into the new covenant as Kingdom heirs with Christ.(Eph 2:14-22; Ro 8:16, 17; Heb 9:15)
jehowa witnesses try to study at home,with this g_o_d poster,
already about 20 years, he is eternal student,never learn,and never know what the truth is?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#29044 Aug 31, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
Hello Gary,
what are going do? Are trying to tell the Holy Spirit that the Holy Spirit should not instruct the hearts of men to depict the true love of God?
That judgement is how you managed to go astray and walk in to the Camping Cult. You might as well say that the Holy Spirit should not have given instruction for the Arc of the Covenant.
Do you really think you are a worthy judge of hearts? Then judge this:
We live in Birmingham Uk. We are witnessing the rise of a religion that calls Christ our Saviour who suffered and died for mankind to be a thing most monstrous.
Should we be happy with that Gary? Well we aren't.
I tell you now the devil would love to see the images removed from churches and have those churches serve Islam instead!
Go on Gary! Judge my heart!
you have no heart, to judge your heart,
you are dead in your sins,worshiping idols,imigae and reflection of angel of light-satan,

you are not witness at all,
to be true witness,is not to seat like cyber clown and not washed lunatic on the computer,only go go FORWARD GO,FORWARD GO AND PRAECH GOSPEL TO PEOPLE,
not bambling your cheap rcc idols craps
and hell dantee,
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29045 Aug 31, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
God terminated his Covenant with Israel?
He fulfilled it and kept his promise to Israel!
Christ is the Covenant God made with Israel.
The nation of natural Israel continued in a favored relationship with God until it rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah in the year 33 of our Common Era.

It was indeed a sad day for Israel when Jesus gave way to this mournful exclamation:“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.”(Matthew 23:37, 38) Jesus’ words indicated that the nation of Israel, though previously favored by Jehovah, had lost out on a special gift from God. How so?

By using the term “children,” Jesus referred only to the natural circumcised Jews who lived in Jerusalem and represented the entire Jewish nation. For Jesus to gather together the ‘children of Jerusalem’ would have meant for him to bring these “children” into a new covenant with God, with himself serving as the Mediator between Jehovah and these natural Jews.(Jeremiah 31:31-34) This would have resulted in the forgiveness of sins, for such was the extent of God’s love.(Compare Malachi 1:2.) This would truly have been a great gift.

In harmony with his prophetic Word, Jehovah waited as long as it was reasonable before extending to non-Jews the gift of becoming partakers of the new covenant. But by rejecting God’s own Son, the Messiah, the nation of natural Israel lost out on this great gift. Jehovah therefore counterbalanced the rejection of his Son by extending this gift to people beyond the Jewish nation.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#29046 Aug 31, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the babbling idiots that feed that pathetic ego of yours.....
In a way you aer correct. It is babbling lunatics like you that make me thank God that I am nothing like you.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29047 Aug 31, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never said such a thing in any Gospel in or out of the Bible.
You are following the teaching of Paul, not Jesus.
May you believe in Jesus someday.
Have you even read the Christian Greek Scripture of the Bible?

Here is what Jesus had to say in Matthew 23:37-39
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But YOU people did not want it. 38- Look! YOUR house is abandoned to YOU. 39- For I say to YOU, YOU will by no means see me from henceforth until YOU say,‘Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

Also it was the apostle Paul’s privilege to write more books, or letters, of the Christian Greek Scriptures than anyone else. He was given supernatural visions (2Co 12:1-5) and, by means of the holy spirit, was enabled to speak numerous foreign tongues.(1Co 14:18)

And yes I believe in Jesus and I also believe him when he said that he is the son of God. But did you know that there is someone Jesus called “God”? Open your own Bible to John 20:17 and read Jesus’ own words near the end of that verse:“I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” If that surprises you, you may be amazed at some of the other things the Bible says about Jesus and God.

Think, for a moment, about the angel who announced Jesus’ birth to Mary. He did not say her child would be God, but that he would be “God’s Son.”(Luke 1:35) And rather than saying, as do some, that “God Himself” came to earth to provide the ransom, the Scriptures say “God sent forth his Son” to do this.(Galatians 4:4, 5; 1 John 4:9, 10)
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#29052 Sep 1, 2012
Hi John:

I don't know why God gave Moses the law instead of Abraham? All that I know this was God's plan not mine all that I am to do is obey His word this is the highest form of love to God is it not?

Your questions concerning false images, you said,

[False images? How can they be false images when they tell the truth about God's love?]

John, where does it state that these false man made images tells us the truth about God's love? It is the word of God that tells us about God love and Jesus said, and He put all of us to the test when He said, Do you love me? Then keep my commandments. Now we already can read in God's great love letter the Bible how He feels about those making some man made dead false images of God or saints in heaven above as we read in, Exodus 20:4-5, Psalm 115:1-8, Rev. 9:20, and many other verses. This is not love but accroding to God's own words John this is in total rebelion to the love of God. Do we truly love the Lord? Then why would anyone make any graven image that is not God or Jesus any more than my uncle Bob. God calls this an abomination in His sight so do we really love Him if we are in rebelion to His word?

Your next question,

[Tell me something. Gold and silver. So you think Jesus deserves just a plastic cup to serve Him?]

Answer, John, they did not have plastic cups in Jesus day. However, what Jesus drank out of was most likely a cup made out of clay, it was not some gold cup we do not read this anywhere. It is not the cup that is important but what is inside our hearts Jesus said.

"Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisess, HYPOCRITES! for ye make clean the outside of THE CUP and the platter, but within they are full of extotion and excess. Thou BLIND PHARISES, cleanse first that which is within THE CUP and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

You see John, showing true love to you is sharing God's word concerning your great questions and in love I will share not what I think but what does my Lord say about this matter. So you see it is not what we may think but what does God say about these matters this is why I know from God's love this idol worship is an abomination from the word alone. Thank you. Gary
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again Gary, I'm coming back to you again with a second post tonight. What you have said there.
The Bible contains hidden truths. Hidden. Let's have a look at one.
Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Right?
Several hundred years passed. Generations came and went. Then along came Moses who God gave the Commandments too. Right?
So why didn't God give the commandments to Abraham instead of waiting a few more hundred years?
Today we live in this not so wonderful age of the New Covenant in Christ. Not so wonderful because the world is tearing itself apart in hatred.
This is the New Covenant Christ in which all may know the Lord. Jesus Christ has made God properly known.
The people in the Old Testament didn't know how to please God. They didn't really know God either. So what did they have to go by when it came to images?
The Bible tells us God is love. With this New Covenant in Christ we have gained an idea on how God can be presented in art. Art that tells the truth about God's love towards mankind. False images? How can they be false when they tell the truth about Gods' love?
Your idea of obeying the law exists in the letter of law. It isn't the letter of the law that fulfils the commandments of God. Love fulfils the law. What law is there against love? It appears you want the letter of the law to be greater than love.
It isn't. That's why God did not give the commandments to Abraham.
Tell me something. Gold and silver? So you think Jesus deserves just plastic cups to serve him with do you? God made the gold and silver and you would give it all to the devil.
God bless you Gary. Goodnight.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#29053 Sep 1, 2012
Dear all:

I would just like everyone to know this, sometime I may miss your e-mail, I appogize for this if I did not respond.

On the other hand if I see some that has there own agenda that is not God glorifing I am sorry I just do not respond not because I do not want to but because I feel I wil not be helping here but just feeding on people's hate sad to say which is not of the fruits of the Spirit of God in, Gal. 5:22-23.

I will take the time however to those that have truly sincere questions and some good input. Now I know some may have this overwhelming slap tick, knee jerk reaction and start slandering me and others here because we are not feeding the beast so to speak I just want to make this site as God glorifing as I possibly can and not waste anyone's time on matters that just stir up strife and such. Now I do realize we will not all be on the same page here but I also know that even though I may disagree with some here I still can learn from them and hopefully they may learn something from me in what I share from the word of God.

You see, I will just exalt the word of God this is why you will see me quote this time and time again for my proof text because it is my sole authority that determins what the way, the truth, and the life is really all about here. I am here to help build some up in the faith of the word of God not in a church, creed, or any man made dogma it is the living word of God this is why Jesus is called [the word of truth] or [the word] in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

So you see, we cannot seperate the Word from God, it is the word of God that must show us truth and it is the Holy Spirit that makes the word of God real to us, and it is the Father's love that does this work so we can believe on Him whom He hath sent.

"And Jesus answrered and said unto them, It is the work of God that you believe on Him whom He hath sent." John 6:29

You see it is the work of God that anyone that truly believes on the God of the Bible. There are many god's people serve but most all are not the true and living God of the Word. Mankind will try in rebelion his hardest to come up with a god that will serve him more like some kind of Santa Claus here this is why mankind switched the Lord Jesus birth into some obese man in a red suit the only thing that Satan left out was the tail and the pitch fork so to speak. Satan comes as the great counterfiet to decieve and to destroy the truth of the word of God. However, Jesus said, I come to give life and life more abundently. This life is in the Father and in His Son the Lord Jesus Christ this is why the Lord taught us to pray in this manner,[Our Father which art in heaven,,,] We pray only to God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we do not pray to any other for there is just one mediator between God and man the man Christ Jesus. 1 Tim. 2:5.

Now I know I keep repeating this but it needs to be repeated because it is a very important obediant to truth true love and that is, the very highest form of true love and true worship is in obediance to the word of God this is why Jesus asked the question to all of us and He is asking you who hear these words,

[Do you love me? Them keep my commandments]

When we read the Bible we can see that the whole Bible is a law book and a command of God, 2 Tim. 3:16, ALL scripture is given to us by God breathed for correction, for reproof, for instrustion that we all maybe well furnished unto that good work of God. God's word is a love letter to man kind to show us the way, the truth, and the life, it is the guide map for one who is lost, one who has a false gospel, one that is looking for comfort one that is looking for life eternal, it is all within the pages of the living word of God it lives because the word can make one alive by the power of God when He applies His word to ones heart and makes it real to him. Thank you. Gary
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29054 Sep 1, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Immanuel. Why did the Angel Gabriel say Jesus was to have that name? It means God with us. Jesus is God with us.
When the Angel referred to God, He was referring to The Father.
Doesn't your own Bible tell you that God is love? Well Jesus is love incarnate.
This identity of Jesus Christ as Immanuel did not mean he was the incarnation of God,‘God in the flesh,’ which proponents of the Trinity teaching claim is implied by the meaning of Immanuel, namely,“With Us Is God.” It was a common practice among Jews to embody the word “God,” even “Jehovah,” in Hebrew names. Even today Immanuel is the proper name of many men; none of whom are incarnations of God.

If there seems to be a conflict between the angel’s instructions to Mary (“you are to call his name Jesus”) and Isaiah’s prophecy (“she will certainly call his name Immanuel”), let it be remembered that Messiah was also to be called by yet other names.(Lu 1:31; Isa 7:14) For example, Isaiah 9:6 said concerning this one:“His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” Yet none of these names were given to Mary’s firstborn as personal names, neither when he was a babe nor after he took up his ministry. Rather, they were all prophetic title-names by which Messiah would be identified. Jesus lived up to the meaning of these names in every respect, and that is the sense in which they were prophetically given, to show his qualities and the good offices he would perform toward all those accepting him as Messiah. So also with his title Immanuel. He measured up to and fulfilled its meaning.

With the coming of his beloved Son to earth as the promised Messianic “seed”(Ge 3:15) and rightful heir to the throne of David, Jehovah was furnishing his greatest sign that he had not forsaken mankind or his Kingdom covenant. The title-name Immanuel, therefore, was particularly appropriate to Christ, for his presence was indeed a sign from heaven. And with this foremost representative of Jehovah among mankind, Matthew under inspiration could truly say,“With Us Is God.”
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29055 Sep 1, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Student,
The role of the Israelite nation needs to be understood. It was called out with a special purpose. It was to bring in the Saviour of mankind in to the world. God kept his promise because it is in Jesus that all nations have come to be blessed. A nation has been built from the many nations. The kingdom of God is that nation.
The Apostles were Israelites. Jesus had disciples that were Israelites. God did not break off his Covenant at all.
We have to be careful about accusing God of breaking Covenants. He might just "break" the covenant we think he has with us. Have I got a covenant with God?
Have you got a Covenant with God?
Are you a Jehovah's Witness? I suspect you are. That has came in to being through a false prophet. A false follower of Christ. Jehovah's witness send people astray regarding the Antichrist. They can't even tell it is Islam. How is that? What causes Jehovah's witness to be blind?
The sacred of Christ. Love incarnate. God is love. Jesus pure and Holy and in him there is nothing but good. The bible tells us only God is good. So what would the Jehovah's witnesses like to accuse Jesus of to say he was bad?
Can you see how the Jehovah's witnesses fall down?
New Covenant, what is this? This is what Jehovah has said in Jeremiah 31:31-32
“Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah,“and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant; 32- not one like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt,‘which covenant of mine they themselves broke, although I myself had husbandly ownership of them,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.”

“Jesus ... is also the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant.”—HEBREWS 8:6.

This resurrected Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, and it is on the basis of his sacrifice that the new covenant is validated.(Hebrews 9:15, 17)
15- So that is why he is a mediator of a new covenant, in order that, because a death has occurred for [their] release by ransom from the transgressions under the former covenant, the ones who have been called might receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance.
17-For a covenant is valid over dead [victims], since it is not in force at any time while the [human] covenanter is living.

Read 1 Timothy 2:5, 6. Jesus is the “one mediator between God and men.” He is “the mediator of a new covenant.”(Heb. 9:15; 12:24) However, Moses is also spoken of as a mediator—the mediator of the Law covenant.(Gal. 3:19) How, then, is Jesus’ role as Mediator unique?

The original-language word translated “mediator” is a legal term. It refers to Jesus as a legal Mediator (or, in a sense, an attorney) of the new covenant that made possible the birth of a new nation,“the Israel of God.”(Gal. 6:16)

This nation is composed of spirit-anointed Christians, who form a heavenly “royal priesthood.”(1 Pet. 2:9; Ex. 19:6) The Law covenant, with Moses as mediator, was not able to produce a nation like that.

Cont.......
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29056 Sep 1, 2012
Cont..

What does Jesus’ role as Mediator involve? Well, Jehovah applies the value of Jesus’ blood to those being brought into the new covenant. In this way, Jehovah legally credits them with righteousness.(Rom. 3:24; Heb. 9:15)

God can then take them into the new covenant with the prospect of their becoming heavenly king-priests! As their Mediator, Jesus assists them in maintaining a clean standing before God.(Heb. 2:16)

In ancient times Jehovah promised Abraham:“By means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves.”(Genesis 22:18) In harmony with this, the small remnant of natural Israelites who accepted the Messiah went out into many nations, preaching the good news about the Christ. Starting with Cornelius many uncircumcised Gentiles ‘blessed themselves’ by means of Jesus, Abraham’s Seed. They became part of the Israel of God and a secondary part of the seed of Abraham. They are part of Jehovah’s “holy nation,” whose commission is to “declare abroad the excellencies of the one that called [them] out of darkness into his wonderful light.”(1 Peter 2:9; Galatians 3:7-9, 14, 26-29)

Did you know that Daniel prophecy is about us? He wrote in chapter 12:3, 4-9,10
3-“And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever.
4-“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”
9- And he went on to say:“Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end.
10- Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.

Our well-fed spiritual condition would harmonize with the prophecy of Daniel, which foretold that at the “time of the end” those having insight would shine like the stars, would enjoy increased Scriptural knowledge and understanding and would bring many to righteousness.

This indicates that the congregation of Christ’s anointed disciples, those having insight, would be watching for the Master’s return and be found faithfully providing spiritual food at the proper time when he returned.(Matt. 24:43-46)

Also we do not teach that Jesus is bad. As the perfect Son of God, Jesus Christ did possess moral excellence or goodness. However, he did not accept “Good” as part of a title, for he himself was only conforming to the ultimate standard of goodness, that originating with his Father. In refusing to accept “Good” as part of a title, Jesus Christ glorified his Father as the real standard of goodness.

Compare John 7:16-18.
Jesus, in turn, answered them and said:“What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. 17- If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality. 18- He that speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory; but he that seeks the glory of him that sent him, this one is true, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Jesus said to him:“Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God. Mark 10:18
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29058 Sep 1, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Student,
The role of the Israelite nation needs to be understood. It was called out with a special purpose. It was to bring in the Saviour of mankind in to the world. God kept his promise because it is in Jesus that all nations have come to be blessed. A nation has been built from the many nations. The kingdom of God is that nation.
The Apostles were Israelites. Jesus had disciples that were Israelites. God did not break off his Covenant at all.
We have to be careful about accusing God of breaking Covenants. He might just "break" the covenant we think he has with us. Have I got a covenant with God?
Have you got a Covenant with God?
Are you a Jehovah's Witness? I suspect you are. That has came in to being through a false prophet. A false follower of Christ. Jehovah's witness send people astray regarding the Antichrist. They can't even tell it is Islam. How is that? What causes Jehovah's witness to be blind?
The sacred of Christ. Love incarnate. God is love. Jesus pure and Holy and in him there is nothing but good. The bible tells us only God is good. So what would the Jehovah's witnesses like to accuse Jesus of to say he was bad?
Can you see how the Jehovah's witnesses fall down?
Jehovah’s Witnesses accept Jesus’ own testimony as to who he is. He stated:“I am God’s Son,” not,“I am God the Son.”
(John 10:36-
do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world,‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?
compare John 20:31-
But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, YOU may have life by means of his name.)

They accept the apostle Paul’s inspired statement concerning Christ:“Who, being in the form of God, did not count equality with God something to be grasped.”(Philippians 2:6, The New Jerusalem Bible)

Equally ironic is the fact that today some authorities in Christendom deny that Jehovah’s Witnesses are Christians. Why? Because the Witnesses reject the Trinity. According to Christendom’s biased definition,“Christians are those who accept Christ as God.” In contrast with this, a modern dictionary defines the noun “Christian” as “a person who believes in Jesus Christ and who follows his teachings” and “Christianity” as “a religion that is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the belief that he was the son of God.” What group fits this definition more closely?

The book The Paganism in Our Christianity states:“Jesus Christ never mentioned such a phenomenon [a coequal Trinity], and nowhere in the New Testament does the word ‘Trinity’ appear. The idea was only adopted by the Church three hundred years after the death of our Lord; and the origin of the conception is entirely pagan.”

Jehovah’s Witnesses accept the Biblical teaching about Christ. They are Christians, not Trinitarians.
Student

Beavercreek, OR

#29060 Sep 1, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Student,
That's the part of your post I want to comment on.
Jehovah's Witnesses don't like coming here. That's because we run rings around them.
Jehovah's Witnesses use that verse to try and show Jesus isn't God. They try to disprove he is God the Son.
Read that verse very very carefully.
Jesus asked a question and then followed it up with a statement.
Now. What would you like to accuse Jesus of if you want to suggest he was bad?
The perfect sacrifice? If there was something bad about Jesus then he couldn't have been the perfect sacrifice. Could he?
The false prophet of the Jehovah's Witnesses left them with his blindness.
Are you kidding, Jehovah’s Witnesses know that there is a greater need going from house to house, rather than being here on the internet. But some are like me and are not able to do very much physically, so we do our best to help teach where we can. Either by phone, writing letters, or on the internet.

Now, what about you’re running rings around us.

Certainly if imperfect men could be called “good”, Jesus would qualify even more so as such. Nor would he object to the term “teacher”; he accepted that designation.(John 13:13, NW)

Then why did he answer this young man as he did? It seems that the rabbis of Jewry affected this title, which would explain Christ’s rejection of it. When this ruler addressed him thus it amounted to classing him with the rabbis. Jesus wanted no rabbinical titles, and by this rebuke Jesus showed the impropriety of using such titles.(Job 32:21, 22; Matt. 23:7-10, NW)

Christ had no objections to being properly identified as the teacher or master or leader, as he said it was well that they called him such, but when designations were linked in a title-setting commonly used to address rabbis in a flattering way he did protest. He drove the point home forcefully by taking the extreme and highest view of the matter, spotlighting Jehovah God as the one deserving of such title.

Incidentally, this shows Jehovah no part of the trinity with two others equal with him, and trinitarian attempts to offset this by referring to Matthew’s wording of this meeting do not erase the two accounts by Mark and Luke.(Matt. 19:16, 17, NW)

That the rich ruler was using “Good Teacher” as a formalistic title rather than as expressing his honest conviction concerning Jesus is shown by his rejection of Jesus’ advice. Apparently he did not consider Jesus such a good teacher in reality, for he went off without following Christ’s counsel.

Gary

Buffalo, NY

#29062 Sep 1, 2012
Hi John:

I am sorry but all this is just human reasoning we never arive at truth by what we think when it comes to God's standards this is why your void of any verses and I fully understand this.

John, I cannot convince you of any thing it must come from the very word and the Spirit of God all that I can do is faithfully share what the word of God declares. Now for some this may be very easy to understand that the word of God accoroding to His coommandments they are not mine John they are God's so when one reads Exodus 20:4-5, Psalm 115:1-8, Rev. 9:20, many do not have a probelm with not worshiping some man made image of any kind just because God forbids this idol worshiping imaging it is just wrong according to God's standards now who am I to dispute with the Almighty John? In love when I hear His commandments I have an intense desire to be obediant to them this is the true test when Jesus said, Do you love me? Then keep my commandmens. John, I quoted those verses I don't know what else to tell you expect to pray for understanding, this may not be someone sins of idol worship but they may believe a do it your self have it your way self help gospel they are both sins John. I am not pointing out this just one sin in fact you asked me what is wrong with this and I told you not according to what I think this does not mean a hill of beans but what saith the word?

The highest form of obediance John is to be obediant to the word of God as I said in John 1:1, God tells us in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. Jesus said, my word is truth, Eph. 5:26. So who am I to argue with God? You see the agrument or disagreement is not with me at all John it is with the word of God I did not lay out the plan of God He did and I just want to obey it not doubt it John.
You see many people can say how much they love God the Scribes and the Pharisses of Jesus day was very good in saying this but only in words not in action they did not truly love the Lord they were in rebelion to the Lord and He exposed them by His word John. This is what will happen on the last day no one will be able to get away with rebelion towards the word of God no not one! Rom. 3:10-12.

John, I am not here to agrue the pont I am here to just proclaim what the word of God declares now this is the sixth time I have asked you do you believe according to Exodus 20:-4-5 and the other verses I have shared with you do you believe we can bow down to these graven images of stone decked with gold and silver? Read those verses again and ask your self can I truly worship these graven images in my church with a clear conscience to the word of God? There I believe you will find your answer I cannot convince anyone of truth this is all the work of God that you believe on Him whom He has sent, John 6:29. Believe is an action word and we must take action to take a stand on the word of truth. Thank you. Gary.
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Gary,
what is God's word so that you may obey it?
Is it true that Jesus suffered and died on the cross? Yes it is? So the image depicting that tells the truth. An image is false if it tells a lie.
You do know why God didn't give the Law to Abraham because I told you. If God had have given the Commandments to Abraham, would it have been clear that he found righteousness through faith? It would have been said he had tried to find righteousness through the law.
You are trying to find righteousness through the letter of the law.
It's the spirit of the law and not the letter.
You cannot tell me Gary I do not love Christ my Saviour!
You argue against the Holy Spirit! It is the Holy Spirit who puts it on the hearts of artists to portray God's great love towards mankind.
The highest form of love is what Jesus has done. So what is the highest form of love? That if necessary we do the same for each other!
Can you see it now Gary?
May God bless you. Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 751,628
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 6 min manoj 186
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Regina 549,177
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Johnny 3,710
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min KiMare 230,197
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min bacon hater 37,295
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min Tim Osman 118,681
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 44 min wes98 389
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Versatile5624 1,078
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 602,366

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE