|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to Pern, but I never said anything about SUVs being "Accident Prone"...
I love my big ol''burban and my big diesel bus!

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
The T-party rolled over republicans with just as much zeal as they did democrats. Several established republicans never made it through their primaries due to the TP. In every race that featured a TP candidate, "main stream" republicans were every bit as worried by these rogues as the dems that would face them later in the general election. Main stream repubs and their main stream repub barkers like Krauthammer and Rove weren't bonding, they were running scared.
Ya know, some folks like to use the fact that Obama is a "man of tan" to label the TP racist. They like to claim that the primary motivation behind the movements creation was to tarnish the bronze dude. I've even seen that suggested here, by some very intelligent people. But you know who, and what, actually started the T-party? GW and his support for TARP and the auto bail-outs. The first victim of the TP movement was McCain, a "main stream" cracker repub, when he came out in support of the bail-outs. He never had a chance after that.
Thank you.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think that this is the first time a party faced an insurgency from within? Do you really think that what the Tea Party did is all that different from the Gingrich-led "Republican Revolution" in 1994, for example?
I don't.
Yes, there are some unique things about the Tea Party, and I'll be the first to admit that they left me with enough egg on my face over my predictions about the 2010 elections to keep me scrubbing for all of 2011. The scope of their victory in an off-year election was without precedent, if I recall correctly.
I'm a liberal Democrat. Anything I say about anything Republican will be automatically suspect no matter how I put it, whether I post off the top of my head or put some research into it. You can square then cube then square it again for any comment I make about the Tea Party.
That said, and obviously this is only my opinion, the distinction some people try to make between Republican and Tea Party is as artificial as the ever-fresh plastic flowers that sat on my grandmother's sideboard for three decades or so.
What remains to be seen is whether the unique things about the Tea Party are things of substance (like the scope of their victory), or whether the Tea Party was really nothing more than an extremely effective marketing campaign.
I wonder how many of those insurgents that swept into office with Gingrich in 1994 were the main stream Republicans defeated by the TP in 2010?
Oh ... and the part of your post I deleted? You get an E for effort, but that's about it. I'd like to think I'd never been that easy to bait, but I'd probably be lying.
There are an awful lot of Libertarians in the Tea Party and Independents too.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
All this time and you STILL haven't figured out how the silent treatment works ...
LOL

He made a couple of short barbs at me a while back about why I would not here from him and I told him there was no need to reply at all if that was how he felt.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Forget I asked, Higgins.
You're going to continue to spin and testi-lie about the martyr Michelle, just doing her job, besieged by the eeeeeeeeeeeevildoers and politically correct heathens, with me or without me.
Preach it, Higgins - preach it!
When I first heard about how high up Huma was I was pretty surprised. She and Hillary are extremely close. Like I said, wherever they go they have adjoining rooms. The questions need to be asked. I don't think Hillary can be objective because of their close friendship. I have known military people who have lost their clearance because of their associations and relationships with folks of questionable (and I don't mean that in a sinister way)ties. Sometimes it just has to be that way. Huma needs to be fully vetted.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be proper if they had a habit of investigating each and every aid that has a "loose" connection someplace. They don't.
So what makes this particular time proper?
It needs to be done.Bachmann is not out of line and no one cares what McCain thinks.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

All,

A pretty fair opinion piece that demonstartes how far politics has gotten us from the reality of economic truth. It is based on the opinions of some of our top economists (40) from the left to the right and including the middle.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-23/the-...

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
It needs to be done.Bachmann is not out of line and no one cares what McCain thinks.
Tell McCain he is irrelevant then. And if it was just him you might have a point, but it was not.

If she went after all of them, fine. I said that. But I also pointed out this individual has been on Clinton's staff since 1996 so she would already have been through the investigation process twice (at least) for a security clearance.

This was not an issue at all until the Muslim Brotherhood became a topic in Egypt, otherwise why wait 18 year of her being with Clinton, 3 of which were as Secretary of State.

In other words, a little late in the game unless she was investigating all the others first.

I suspect that Bachman likes her name in the lights like most politicians.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Should be "16 years of her being with Clinton,"

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>

she has been Clinton's aid since 1996 which puts her on at least her second cycle of investigations.
From Walid Shoebat:
Al-Liwa Al-Arabi (translated here) claims to have leaked an extensive list, which was partially published by Al-Jazeera and several other major Arab newspapers. The detailed list included Huma’s mother, Saleha Abedin, as belonging to the Brotherhood’s secret women's division known as the Muslim Sisterhood or what is known as the International Women's Organization (IWO). Egyptian Al-Dostor revealed that the Sisternood included 63 International members that span 16 different countries; it's also confirmed by the Arab Centre for Studies, headed by researcher Abdul Rahim Ali. Neither Huma nor any major western media outlet even mention what is common knowledge in the Arab world. Yet, confirmed by Arab sources – is that Huma Abedin has a brother named Hassan Abedin who works at Oxford University...

... the “Clinton family” played a key role in promoting the extremely powerful Turkish Imam and notorious Islamist conspirator Fethullah Gülen, as he fled Turkey for the United States after attempting to overthrow Turkey's secular government, a charge over which he was indicted in 2000. In 2008, the former president heaped praise on Gülen, giving him a clean slate. Gülen is given refuge and has even had his sermons aired on Turkish television, during which he explained to his followers how to best seize power from the Turkish government:
“You must move in the arteries of the system without anyone noticing your existence until you reach all the power centers... until the conditions are ripe... Until that time, any step taken would be too early – like breaking an egg without waiting the full forty days for it to hatch. It would be like killing the chick inside.”

Gülen expressed this sentiment in another sermon as well:
“The philosophy of our service is that we open a house somewhere and, with the patience of a spider, we lay our web to wait for people to get caught in the web; and we teach those who do.”

http://www.shoebat.com/documents/secretConnec...

Who is Walid Shoebat? http://www.shoebat.com/shoebat-foundation/who...

She needs to be looked at very carefully.

Since: Nov 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
All this time and you STILL haven't figured out how the silent treatment works ...
The socalled "silent treatment" is what YOU have been talking about, Willie. But I don't know what that has to do with me...? I reserve the right to respond or not respond to any poster, the way I choose.

In the case of the Virginia-loon, I have stated clearly that I despise and won't respond to him on ANY of the issues, or even on the non-issues. But since he seems bent on responding to everything I say, I will periodically use those posts, by him, to remind him just how odious he is to me.

I find it quite telling that you seemingly aren't able to grasp the obvious here.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Great story. I laughed out loud.
Thanks Pern....:)

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Rider on the Storm wrote:
Hers a link if anyones interested.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-fundraises-player...
Thanks for this. I love Twitter and FB. I posted it to both.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my big ol''burban and my big diesel bus!
Heh heh heh...

Thank God for our abilities to drive the vehicles we like, with convenience, comfort and safety included... If it was up to Obama, we'ld all be driving Volts, Leafs and Preuses.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first heard about how high up Huma was I was pretty surprised. She and Hillary are extremely close. Like I said, wherever they go they have adjoining rooms. The questions need to be asked. I don't think Hillary can be objective because of their close friendship. I have known military people who have lost their clearance because of their associations and relationships with folks of questionable (and I don't mean that in a sinister way)ties. Sometimes it just has to be that way. Huma needs to be fully vetted.
What is most disturbing to me is that Willie is very much aware of these things, but for inexplicable reasons, he's pretending Bachmann is somehow out of line.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the second time that Hillary has had a person with questionable security around her. To this day, they have never explained away Craig Livingston....

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell McCain he is irrelevant then. And if it was just him you might have a point, but it was not.
If she went after all of them, fine. I said that. But I also pointed out this individual has been on Clinton's staff since 1996 so she would already have been through the investigation process twice (at least) for a security clearance.
This was not an issue at all until the Muslim Brotherhood became a topic in Egypt, otherwise why wait 18 year of her being with Clinton, 3 of which were as Secretary of State.
In other words, a little late in the game unless she was investigating all the others first.
I suspect that Bachman likes her name in the lights like most politicians.
Oh, it is so funny what Political Correctness does to politicians and even the DOD. Just look at Major Hassan.

Open your eyes.
http://www.shoebat.com/wp-content/uploads/201...

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
From Walid Shoebat:
Al-Liwa Al-Arabi (translated here) claims to have leaked an extensive list, which was partially published by Al-Jazeera and several other major Arab newspapers. The detailed list included Huma’s mother, Saleha Abedin, as belonging to the Brotherhood’s secret women's division known as the Muslim Sisterhood or what is known as the International Women's Organization (IWO). Egyptian Al-Dostor revealed that the Sisternood included 63 International members that span 16 different countries; it's also confirmed by the Arab Centre for Studies, headed by researcher Abdul Rahim Ali. Neither Huma nor any major western media outlet even mention what is common knowledge in the Arab world. Yet, confirmed by Arab sources – is that Huma Abedin has a brother named Hassan Abedin who works at Oxford University...
... the “Clinton family” played a key role in promoting the extremely powerful Turkish Imam and notorious Islamist conspirator Fethullah Gülen, as he fled Turkey for the United States after attempting to overthrow Turkey's secular government, a charge over which he was indicted in 2000. In 2008, the former president heaped praise on Gülen, giving him a clean slate. Gülen is given refuge and has even had his sermons aired on Turkish television, during which he explained to his followers how to best seize power from the Turkish government:
“You must move in the arteries of the system without anyone noticing your existence until you reach all the power centers... until the conditions are ripe... Until that time, any step taken would be too early – like breaking an egg without waiting the full forty days for it to hatch. It would be like killing the chick inside.”
Gülen expressed this sentiment in another sermon as well:
“The philosophy of our service is that we open a house somewhere and, with the patience of a spider, we lay our web to wait for people to get caught in the web; and we teach those who do.”
http://www.shoebat.com/documents/secretConnec...
Who is Walid Shoebat? http://www.shoebat.com/shoebat-foundation/who...
She needs to be looked at very carefully.
Yes, this much evidence will only be ignored, and even impugned by some on the left, including many in this very thread.

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it is so funny what Political Correctness does to politicians and even the DOD. Just look at Major Hassan.
Open your eyes.
http://www.shoebat.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
Yes, each time I see the details about Major Hassan, my blood just boils...

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first heard about how high up Huma was I was pretty surprised. She and Hillary are extremely close. Like I said, wherever they go they have adjoining rooms. The questions need to be asked. I don't think Hillary can be objective because of their close friendship. I have known military people who have lost their clearance because of their associations and relationships with folks of questionable (and I don't mean that in a sinister way)ties. Sometimes it just has to be that way. Huma needs to be further vetted.
I don't know of any reason to assume that Huma needs to be further vetted. I know of no reason to assume that all the pertinent questions haven't been asked and answered fully and satisfactorily.

If the parties bringing this up can't convince John McCain and John Boehner of a need to further vet Huma, you are absolutely wasting your time and your breath trying to explain it to me.

I too know a few things about clearances.

If all you can do to explain their failure to see it your way is pull 'political correctness' off the template, it's pretty obvious you got no case.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,941 - 133,960 of168,970
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

704 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min RiversideRedneck 218,145
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min pusherman_ 513,429
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Double Fine 682,878
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min pusherman_ 596,788
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 36 min Petesake 110,364
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... 36 min Gamegod 53
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Pegasus 250,710
•••
•••
•••