“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#139553 Jul 24, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>That and the unfortunate state of affairs left to the American people by Bush & Co. is exactly why the GOP endorsed him, since they desperately needed a fall guy. Enter Obama. Had the GOP won the election, there might no longer be a GOP, as popular support for its radical (and often bat-dung crazy) policies and candidates would have fizzled and died a natural death.
Mitt Robme?
Really?
I don't think the GOP wants to take this election either.
I think you're very much mistaken. They are far more passionate than the alphabet media would have you believe. And, as an Evangelical, I will tell you that very few will have a hard time pushing the lever for Romney. We are having a very hard time watching the economic and Constitutional evisceration of our nation.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#139554 Jul 24, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>That and the unfortunate state of affairs left to the American people by Bush & Co. is exactly why the GOP endorsed him, since they desperately needed a fall guy. Enter Obama. Had the GOP won the election, there might no longer be a GOP, as popular support for its radical (and often bat-dung crazy) policies and candidates would have fizzled and died a natural death.
Mitt Robme?
Really?
I don't think the GOP wants to take this election either.
Humm. Policies like cash for clunkers, home mortgage help that has cost the taxpayer huge and done little to no good, gay marriage support or not depending on the election cycle, a stimulus act that helped much overseas here not so much, another home mortgage program that this time will really help again costing us the taxpayer again nothing ( I did apply for the first one even though out of work at the time got no help) and on and on. And would you believe that anyone would vote for this again? Last I checked about half those polled say they will!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#139556 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Michele Bachmann enjoys this publicity. Like I said, politicians bow to media pressure and political correctness. There is a reason why McCain didn't get elected as Prez. He has been vociferously on the wrong side of too many issues.
I'm not a big fan of McCain but I think in 08 anyone on the right would have lost. The machine that raged against Bush for 8 years did get some traction and some fell for hope and change. But today, really? We've had huge change and not for the good. To my mind the saddest thing is Obama is not only just another long line of bad politicians but the wost Pres in my lifetime, perhaps worse than Nixon for some of the same reasons. And we call this guy an example for the young? Most of the time his words do not meet his actions. He speaks about how its wrong to bully and he like everything else does just what he says not to. His word is worthless and I pray he is not elected again.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#139557 Jul 24, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know of any reason to assume that Huma needs to be further vetted. I know of no reason to assume that all the pertinent questions haven't been asked and answered fully and satisfactorily.
If the parties bringing this up can't convince John McCain and John Boehner of a need to further vet Huma, you are absolutely wasting your time and your breath trying to explain it to me.
I too know a few things about clearances.
If all you can do to explain their failure to see it your way is pull 'political correctness' off the template, it's pretty obvious you got no case.
ho hum. Your so predictable and this does not in any way negate the claim that she needs to be vetted. If there is evidence of her familial ties then she needs to be vetted again. The world has changed since she first came into Hillary's hire. Now the Muslim Brotherhood is a big something.
I am so glad you and OKB both know about clearances. Does that mean that what I have said is untrue?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#139558 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Muslim Brotherhood have meant anything to anyone back in 1996?
To security officials, certainly.

To the general public, I'm not sure. I can't say for certain that I knew of them then, but it's possible. I follow international relations, particularly the Middle East, pretty closely, and they were already known to be working against Mubarak in Egypt by then, among other things.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#139559 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're very much mistaken. They are far more passionate than the alphabet media would have you believe. And, as an Evangelical, I will tell you that very few will have a hard time pushing the lever for Romney. We are having a very hard time watching the economic and Constitutional evisceration of our nation.
Then I must ask you: why are evangelicals so intent on subverting the Constitution by claiming all religious liberty for yourselves? Why does the GOP require both a religiously based Pledge to a cause that not all their constituents support (the so-called "right to life" movement) and a pledge to Grover Norquist to never raise taxes, in DIRECT OPPOSITION to their oath to support and defend our Constitution? Why is the GOP allowing (and encouraging) the draining of the economy, and manufacturing jobs once held by Americans, into overseas markets? And why o why, does the GOP keep floating these "can't win" candidates?

I've been a registered Republican all my voting days, but I'm no evangelical. I wonder how many others can say the same, and I'm guessing it's more than those who can't. No offense, but I fervently hope so. I've no desire to live in a theocratic oligarchy, or a religious dictatorship.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#139560 Jul 24, 2012

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139561 Jul 24, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to remind everyone that you don't like OKB and think he's stinky, fine.
This time you tried to include me in it, and I responded appropriately.
Save it for botintx.
Look Willie, YOU inserted yerself into this thing, in post #139505, from out of the complete blue, no less. I didn't invite you, nor did I include you in any pevious posts. YOU stuck yer mouth in it, in an attempt to marginalize my response to the loon. I think yer short-term memory is either failing you, or yer even more partisan than I knew...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#139562 Jul 24, 2012
Sorry, here is your bill. Good thing we passed this Nancy!

CBO to employers: Obamacare has $4B more in taxes than expected

http://washingtonexaminer.com/cbo-to-employer...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#139563 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're very much mistaken. They are far more passionate than the alphabet media would have you believe. And, as an Evangelical, I will tell you that very few will have a hard time pushing the lever for Romney. We are having a very hard time watching the economic and Constitutional evisceration of our nation.
I would vote for my cat at this point. All kidding aside Shoves very posting highlights the rub. Even IF a person on the right wanted a theocracy it couldn't happen here. And some of the same people that moan about it turn a blind eye to the rest of the world and support it in the name of tolerance? Really? Open your eyes folks.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139565 Jul 24, 2012
Speaking of "short-term memory", wasn't there another case ofa leftwing loon attacking a church, before he was shot by a woman, who happened to have a CCW? If I'm not mistaken, that incident also took place in Colorado.

But ultimately, I believe commonsense will win out in this debate, because even as we speak, applications for CCP are way up in many US states, since that loon attacked the soft-target theater.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#139566 Jul 24, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Chris, you're a good egg. I give you a lot of crap, but for this I have to give you a lot of credit: No matter how many times I scrap with you, you accept my apologies when I make them. Kudos for that. You're a generous guy.
I must say, the deal on the car sounds mutually beneficial. Sincere congratulations on owning it - we just paid our van off two years ago, and it's a blessing too.
I'm going to go sit over here in the corner, and mull things over, us-wise, Ok?
Hah. Same thing goes for Lis & Roberta. Yer just too wrapped up in your own twisted paranoia to realize it.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139567 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Michele Bachmann enjoys this publicity. Like I said, politicians bow to media pressure and political correctness. There is a reason why McCain didn't get elected as Prez. He has been vociferously on the wrong side of too many issues.
Hear hear... I recall holding my nose as I pulled the lever for McCain, wishing it was Romney.

I really wanted Santorum, but this year, I wont have to hold my nose as tight, as I console myself, knowing Romney is lightyears ahead of Obama.... This election will determine whether or not, we get to keep on being America...

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139568 Jul 24, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>uh huh
Thats always yer response to such imformation... You will just go on pretending that McCain, Bush, Obama, Boehner and the others know more about Islam, than the Blind Sheik, Osama and other learned Islamicists.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#139569 Jul 24, 2012
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
ho hum. Your so predictable and this does not in any way negate the claim that she needs to be vetted. If there is evidence of her familial ties then she needs to be vetted again. The world has changed since she first came into Hillary's hire. Now the Muslim Brotherhood is a big something.
I am so glad you and OKB both know about clearances. Does that mean that what I have said is untrue?
What you say is true as far as it goes, but doesn't validate what you say about Huma. It's not automatic, but on a case by case basis.

I wasn't trying to refute the claim that she needs to be vetted, or further vetted. I haven't seen any reason to suggest that she hasn't already undergone all that's necessary. I understand some people are saying she does, but they can't even convince people far more conservative and with access to far more information than I have, and political correctness does not explain their rejection of the notion, at least not to me.

I'm sorry about the earlier snarky uh-huh, but the information you provided about Walid Shoebat was not convincing in any way. Now, maybe that makes me blind, but I don't happen to think so.

How to deal with the Muslim Brotherhood going forward, now that they're governing or involved in governing Egypt, is a thorny question. The Brotherhood has ties to all kinds of mean nasty folks, and we can never lose sight of that. The problem is, they exist and we can't will them away.

I guess it depends on whether or not you believe in constructive engagement. Some people want to ignore them (which is the same thing as pretending we can will them away) or be openly confrontational. I don't think that will serve U.S. interests or the interests of our closest ally in the region.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#139570 Jul 24, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>That and the unfortunate state of affairs left to the American people by Bush & Co. is exactly why the GOP endorsed him, since they desperately needed a fall guy. Enter Obama. Had the GOP won the election, there might no longer be a GOP, as popular support for its radical (and often bat-dung crazy) policies and candidates would have fizzled and died a natural death.
Mitt Robme?
Really?
I don't think the GOP wants to take this election either.
Heh heh heh....

Shove, I'll just file this one in the "wishful thinking" drawer.....:)

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#139571 Jul 24, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah. Same thing goes for Lis & Roberta. Yer just too wrapped up in your own twisted paranoia to realize it.
Keep singing, bob. Maybe it will put me to sleep.......

But I wouldn't make any bets on it.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#139572 Jul 24, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a big fan of McCain but I think in 08 anyone on the right would have lost. The machine that raged against Bush for 8 years did get some traction and some fell for hope and change. But today, really? We've had huge change and not for the good. To my mind the saddest thing is Obama is not only just another long line of bad politicians but the wost Pres in my lifetime, perhaps worse than Nixon for some of the same reasons. And we call this guy an example for the young? Most of the time his words do not meet his actions. He speaks about how its wrong to bully and he like everything else does just what he says not to. His word is worthless and I pray he is not elected again.
I am not sure I agree with you there, Chris. I think McCain slit his throat with conservatives a long time ago with some of the stands he has taken and then with McCain Feingold. It was impossible for him to overcome his own record with Conservatives. With McCain the Reps just stayed home while the college students turned out in droves. The Dems had a 7% advantage in the last election. I don't think it is going to be that way this time. Take heart!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#139573 Jul 24, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Even IF a person on the right wanted a theocracy it couldn't happen here.
But if that's true, why is the 'right' fulminating against Sharia Law? Theocracy can't happen here? What are you so worried about Muslims for then?

Huh?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#139575 Jul 24, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>To security officials, certainly.
To the general public, I'm not sure. I can't say for certain that I knew of them then, but it's possible. I follow international relations, particularly the Middle East, pretty closely, and they were already known to be working against Mubarak in Egypt by then, among other things.
And from what I could tell from Obama and Mrs. Clinton, they were supportive of the overthrow of Mubarak by the Muslim Brotherhood. Now, knowing that they have all information at their fingertips, what do you think the view from the top was in 1996 when Clinton was also supporting the guy who wanted to overthrow secular Turkey?
I am thinking that the administrations (Clinton, Obama) were not too concerned about the Muslim Brotherhood and did not vet Huma on that basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 5 min richyric 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min LAWEST100 610,080
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Pad 579,652
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,101
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr AlmostDied 292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 270,227
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 818,787
More from around the web