|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>See you're used to being taken care of. I guess after you get used to something it's hard to let it go, we just don't eer want to get used to it. It's so much more fun being an adult.
Same question I asked Roberta:

If you had a choice of whose healthcare was paid for, would it be those that contribute to America or those that do not contribute to America?(Consider that those retired are no longer contributing but taking.)

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Hosni Mubarak was a good President.
No one else will do any better.
I'll bet on that.
But then, just like you're not living in the USA, I'm not living in Egypt, and those that do live under those leaders will have a much different perspective on them that we're ignorant about.
And yet, you support doing for the non-contributers while those that work and contribute to this nation do without.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a nice toy. I wonder - could it be a girl toy, too?
Certainly, but most women I know are smarter about spending their money. Now if they could find a man to buy it for them........

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Some 'country' music is difficult to distinguish from that old rock, especially of the 'southern' variety. I'm a fan of Brad Paisley, Crystal Gale, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Blake Shelton, Allison Krause, Merle Haggard, Shelly West, Don Williams, Patsy Cline, and Roy Clark, to name just a few.
I agree that you are making the compromise, too, by the way....
There have been some old rock songs that were remade country. You left out Tom T. Hall, but Don Williams is one of my all time favorites along with Charley Pride.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

By all means, lets allow corporate money into our political system.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48081344/ns/busin...

Within the article is a list concerning preferential treatment to Congressional members and staff.

I would like to commend Representative Sessions of Texas for requesting that he personally not receive preferential treatment. Though it does make you wonder what he did receive.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a choice of whose healthcare was paid for, would it be those that contribute to America or those that do not contribute to America?(Consider that those retired are no longer contributing but taking.)
I paid for that over the last 42 years and I'm still paying, and when the time comes for me to be on SS and Medicare, I will not feel that I didn't pay my fair share, if I did I wouldn't take it. I will continue to contribute as I will still be paying taxes. Now if you swear to me in a legal document that you will not accept medicare or SS when you come of age, I will do the same. As a matter of fact I'm thinking of all kinds of ways not to be on medicare at all, not because I don't think I deserve it but because I don't want it and the crap that comes with it.
If I became poor I would do anything else but accept government help. We already have our box picked out and plans to go to San Diego if need be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with certain exceptions. When you purchase homeowners insurance you don't plan to lose your engagement ring which may never happen. But I think we all plan to get old and we all know that the likelyhood of needing healthcare in our old age is extremely high.
Now, instead of your engagement ring lets say your house burns down the second year you own it. You just won the lottery. The insuance pays off the house and you have not nearly paid the insurance company that much money. It is a giveaway, one that you voluntarilly participate in.
Do you voluntarilly participate in Medicare and Social Security? If you die at the age of 49 do your heirs get anything from your payments into them?
If you become unemployed do you get unemployment? give-a-way.
If you lose everything because of your unemployment do you get food stamps? A place to live? Medicaid? give-a-ways.
Haven't you paid in to support those programs?
Perhaps you can draw a distinction better than I about tax supported programs that benefit people.
If I'd been given a choice I would not have participated in medicare or ss, I'd have saved that money and made it grow and ended up much better. Instead everyone pays if they want to or not. Bush believed that should change, and I agreed.
You're not a smart guy, okb. You don't hit the lottery if your house burns, you lost your house and you still have a mortgage.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon me while I laugh my freakin' ass off..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA. Everything you post about him says otherwise, pallie.
<quoted text>You have a degree in psychotherapy? Surely you're not practicing without one?
I'm not a doctor, but that hasn't stopped me from providing first aid. Everyone has their opinions about what's driving the man's politics, and I gave you mine. He acts like he's ashamed about the USA success and prosperity, and apoligizes at every opportunity he gets. That's not analyzing, that's history, and easily viewable on YouTube.
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>There's always the possibility that he's an alien from the planet Xerxon - but you'll have plenty of opportunity to re-write his past to suit yourself in 2016, when he'll no longer be President, and his 'enemies list' is defunct.
Heck, I don't have to wait until 2017, barry's not going to be pResident on January 21, 2013.
shovelhead72 wrote:
(My personal contempt for him is the basis for this assertion. Just so we're clear.)
I don't understand the personal contempt thing, he seems to be a good father, husband and a genuinely personable guy. He simply has a belief system that I completely disagree with. No reason for contempt, but definitely a reason to vote.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare supports the working poor that can not get health insurance.
Including illegal aliens?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...

It turns out that Joe Wilson may have picked the wrong time to make his "You lie." statement, but his message was absolutely correct... obama was lying, again.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>I listened almost exclusively to C&W until I met my wife. Now for the most part we listen to the old rock stations as a compromise. Except that is what she grew up listening to so of course she is not compromising as much as I am. I enjoy getting out to Texas and other states where they have radio stations dedicated to 50's - 70's country.
Get SiriusXM you cheap SOB, then you won't need to polute Texas soil with your presence.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know even retired people pay taxes on SS, retirement income, sales and property taxes, don't you? That's not exactly taking.

I'm willing to bet that the property taxes I pay are far higher than yours. Does that make you a "taker"?

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I paid for that over the last 42 years and I'm still paying, and when the time comes for me to be on SS and Medicare, I will not feel that I didn't pay my fair share, if I did I wouldn't take it. I will continue to contribute as I will still be paying taxes. Now if you swear to me in a legal document that you will not accept medicare or SS when you come of age, I will do the same. As a matter of fact I'm thinking of all kinds of ways not to be on medicare at all, not because I don't think I deserve it but because I don't want it and the crap that comes with it.
If I became poor I would do anything else but accept government help. We already have our box picked out and plans to go to San Diego if need be.
For the most part, you paid for others and not yourself. And I am sure you did not notice, but you failed to answer my question......or perhaps you did notice and it was intentional.

Medicare will be a secondary policy for me, not a primary. And I am willing to take less Social Security payments PROVIDED it is part of a long-term strategy to save Social Security for our children and grandchildren. Same thing applies to Medicare.

Medical care for workers or non-workers if you could only choose one?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a doctor, but that hasn't stopped me from providing first aid. Everyone has their opinions about what's driving the man's politics, and I gave you mine. He acts like he's ashamed about the USA success and prosperity, and apologizes at every opportunity he gets. That's not analyzing, that's history, and easily viewable on YouTube.
Every opportunity? I don't notice him apologizing to Pakistan for siccing the Navy Seals on her pet fugitive, or for putting someone as unattractive and classless as Michelle Obama in the position of First Lady of the United States.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/023647naE...

Really, Michelle? Jackie O. would slap the crap out of you - I imagine so would Eleanor R. For shame.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, I don't have to wait until 2017, barry's not going to be pResident on January 21, 2013.
I certainly hope not - but then I certainly hope Romney isn't either. I'd rather vote for Elmer Fudd.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the personal contempt thing, he seems to be a good father, husband and a genuinely personable guy. He simply has a belief system that I completely disagree with. No reason for contempt, but definitely a reason to vote.
Okay, I'm going to amend my original statement: I base [that assertion] on my personal contempt for Obama's plans and policies, regarding the execution of his duties as President. They all suck.

Better?

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>If I'd been given a choice I would not have participated in medicare or ss, I'd have saved that money and made it grow and ended up much better. Instead everyone pays if they want to or not. Bush believed that should change, and I agreed.
You're not a smart guy, okb. You don't hit the lottery if your house burns, you lost your house and you still have a mortgage.
This has nothijng to do with "choice" on your personal part. It has to do with whether or not you think it proper to take care of people as a society and if so, who? Workers or non-workers.

If you are against the Healthcare Bill you are against taking care of (for the most part) lower income workers. On the other hand you could also be for the elimination of Medicaid and CHiPS and Medicare all of which is paid for with taxes.

MY answer is that if you are going to take care of the non-productive you better take care of the productive. Otherwise why are they going to work? Honestly, would you take a payraise if it meant you lost Medicaid? Would you buy a home or save money if it meant you lost Medicaid?

In a lot of the country, poor people inherit the homes of their parents and then they lose them because of our social net laws.

Most of the time you hit the lottery if your house burns. During certain periods of time such as the recent housing crisis you might be correct.

By hitting the lottery I mean that you end up with a pocket full of money and the opportunity to do it again. If you don't think that is the lottery, what do you think happens when your house burns down and you have no insurance?

Again, this relates to poor people who own their homes but do not have enough income for home insurance.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Get SiriusXM you cheap SOB, then you won't need to polute Texas soil with your presence.
And after I complemented a Texas politician.

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know even retired people pay taxes on SS, retirement income, sales and property taxes, don't you? That's not exactly taking.
I'm willing to bet that the property taxes I pay are far higher than yours. Does that make you a "taker"?
I don't know about that. I have multiple houses. They don't necessarilly pay taxes on any of that dependent on income. Capital gains perhaps?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure that Mato (sp?) did all the guitar work as well as the vocals except for Jonny Lang on the one track.
I listened almost exclusively to C&W until I met my wife. Now for the most part we listen to the old rock stations as a compromise. Except that is what she grew up listening to so of course she is not compromising as much as I am. I enjoy getting out to Texas and other states where they have radio stations dedicated to 50's - 70's country.
So, your wife is a 'We'll try it your way, then do it my way from now on.' type of gal, huh? My wife was inot 'head-banger' crap. I like the roots of heavy metal, but not the fruition. Grand Funk, Pink Floyd (tho' I tend to disagree that they were metal at all) Fozzy osborne, and the like.
Bobbi said I was a good person for trying to contact my foster brother. Truth is, I wanted to know if he still had the pix of him, me, Don Henley, and Glen Frey, from back in 1970. I'm childish that way. I want proof that we did meet that summer day.
Oh, country rock is always part of my playlist. CCR, The Eagles, Pure Prarie League, Marshall Tucker, et. al.
But, Rock&Roll is in my Soul.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothijng to do with "choice" on your personal part. It has to do with whether or not you think it proper to take care of people as a society and if so, who? Workers or non-workers.
If you are against the Healthcare Bill you are against taking care of (for the most part) lower income workers. On the other hand you could also be for the elimination of Medicaid and CHiPS and Medicare all of which is paid for with taxes.
MY answer is that if you are going to take care of the non-productive you better take care of the productive. Otherwise why are they going to work? Honestly, would you take a payraise if it meant you lost Medicaid? Would you buy a home or save money if it meant you lost Medicaid?
In a lot of the country, poor people inherit the homes of their parents and then they lose them because of our social net laws.
Most of the time you hit the lottery if your house burns. During certain periods of time such as the recent housing crisis you might be correct.
By hitting the lottery I mean that you end up with a pocket full of money and the opportunity to do it again. If you don't think that is the lottery, what do you think happens when your house burns down and you have no insurance?
Again, this relates to poor people who own their homes but do not have enough income for home insurance.
I am not against taking care of other people and if you ever read what I've said about healthcare and what is actually out there and what I would do for those who cannot be helped by what is already out there, you would not make such an ignorant statement.I know your own voice drowns out the voices of others, so I'm just not going to go to the trouble of repeating it again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

I say with all the politeness that I can muster right now. You who thinks he is so thoughtful of others Okb have no idea what people go through whose house burns down. You are selective in your so-called compassion. It is best for me to ignore your posts. I know that seems silly and I have tried, really I have, but you are a pure and unadulterated numbskull.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And after I complemented a Texas politician.
If you thought that was a compliment, you need to work on your compliments. That compliment would be like telling Michelle obama, "That dress looks really good on you... how much additional dress fabric is needed to cover your butt?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 132,341 - 132,360 of168,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

649 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 min -USA-1 37,902
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Dr Shrink 596,610
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 250,416
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 512,284
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Liam 38,026
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Aura Mytha 217,143
Why do homosexuals approach little boys in thei... 21 min neechinman 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Catcher1 680,620
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Haydos 272
•••
•••
•••