|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> I wish you wouldn't use that term; it's undignified. It's like you're dehumanizing them, and it doesn't matter what stage of development you're ine (born or unborn), you're still a human being.......... By the way however, I don't like T-Town Clown either. He's really antagonistic.
It's a human wad of goo- better? It's not a being because being because that would imply sentience and there's no evidence of that. In my opinion, abortion is justified legal killing.
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
There was another issue I wanted to mention. Let's say I was Pro-Choice. I still wouldn't agree that a woman has COMPLETE autonomy concerning that issue if she's in a COMMITED relationship and the man WANTS to keep the baby after all. Even if I was Pro-Choice, if someone I'm in a relationship with decides to abort the child, that will be grounds for me to leave her. I'd just consider that a slap in the face. Because if the man is willing to commit himself to it, his opinion matters, too. I understand it's HER body but when you enter a relationship it's implied that NONE of the decisions in it are unilateral. I also understand some men might say that and then ending up leaving the woman after all, but I wouldn't do that. I'm not a selfish fake like so many other men are.
I would thank my lucky stars if a man left me for that reason because that man is obviously utterly selfish and just with me for what he can get out of me and wouldn't respect my decision over my own body. It's the equivalent of wanting children and dumping a man because you found out he had a prior vasectomy (although I realize they are reversible).

The point being is the man has no TRUE biological role besides impregnation. The man doesn't have to go through morning sickness, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, cut open genitals, etc. Nope sorry, apples and oranges.

I agree the man should ideally be able to voice his opinion; however, ultimately, it is the woman's body and her choice, no one else's.
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you. I just don't. The age of consent in PA is 16. You're either lying outright, or you just didn't care enough to take proper care of your daughter.
I simply do not believe that the laws regarding emancipation are that different than in my state. In fact, I found this:
Most people believe a minor can simply fill out a few forms, got to court and be granted emancipation. This is not true, Pennsylvania law as almost every state's laws does not allow early emancipation except under specified circumstances. If a person who is at least 17 marries or joins the military with the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian, they are considered emancipated. All other emancipation action has to be done with the assistance and approval of state social services and/or agencies and the court of venue. Such action is done to obtain medical care or economic assistance for a minor child who does not have access to such, for whatever reason. An example is a minor who becomes pregnant and does not have family support, thereby needing the intervention of state social services.
http://wiki.answers.com
So, if you WERE supporting your minor child while pregnant, she would not be eligible for emancipation. So either you're lying about her altogether, or you're lying about the emancipation, or you're lying about supporting and caring for her.
Bottom line though, she was THIRTEEN AND GOT PREGNANT BY A 17Y/O BOY!! That makes you a LOUSY parent right there.
I don't know of ANY municipality in the US that will grant emancipation to a minor who cannot support themselves. That's generally one of the primary requirements.
Of course, most likely you are just making things up.
Superwilly is correct- if the raped minor refuses to press charges or testify, then there's not much a parent can do in those circumstances. Extremely rarely will the court compel such a witness to testify, it looks horrible on them to force a "child" to testify over what was seemingly consensual sex. Just saying...

http://www.students.haverford.edu/masar/docum...
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
Jeez Metal 0-4, don't respond, lifes' just catching up.
She'll get to the later ones.
Haha Thanks NW MOON ;) Hope alls well with you

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Superwilly is correct- if the raped minor refuses to press charges or testify, then there's not much a parent can do in those circumstances. Extremely rarely will the court compel such a witness to testify, it looks horrible on them to force a "child" to testify over what was seemingly consensual sex. Just saying...
http://www.students.haverford.edu/masar/docum...
Yeah, that sucks IMO, and the proof would be in the baby's dna since she brought it to term (if it's true).
But the abuse he says happens later, ANYONE can report that to children's services or to police and an investigation will be done.
At least gets them in the radar.
I think he's a liar who made up something thinking he could get some credence and sympathy. He's lost both, not that there was much to begin with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha Thanks NW MOON ;) Hope alls well with you
Roller coaster with some things, luckily it's just THINGS, y'know?
Just celebrated our 26th anniversary and getting ready for the birthday season.
How you doing?

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex isn't everything in a relationship but its a HUGE part of a relationship. Trust me, as a heterosexual female, if there's no bedroom skill or chemistry, that man need not even apply. And I'm pretty sure many adult women are with me on this.
Second that. Third it too. A hard man is dood to find. And I am not even hetero.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Roller coaster with some things, luckily it's just THINGS, y'know?
Just celebrated our 26th anniversary and getting ready for the birthday season.
How you doing?
Congrats. Many happy returns of the occasion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

CherryTheTart wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats. Many happy returns of the occasion.
Thanks. He took the day off and we spent it all together.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us recognize there is a difference. For many of us the hang up is there is no distinct day when someone can say "yep, now he's viable" or "yep, now he thinks/feels pain/etc".
Don't be silly. Of COURSE there is a VERY distinct day: the day of birth. Prior to birth, there is no person, no matter how viable the fetus may be; after birth occurs, the soul has joined with the body and there is a living, BREATHING person.

This is really easy if you just try and THINK...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now. There wasn't a time when it couldn't survive outside the uterus in the second semester.
That changed.
Survival in the first trimester would require an artificial womb. That would be a very expensive piece of equipment. It would require around the clock supervision by highly trained medical technicians. Also expensive. How much do you want your taxes to go up to pay for all of this?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

lifes a beach wrote:
The point being is the man has no TRUE biological role besides impregnation. The man doesn't have to go through morning sickness, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, cut open genitals, etc. Nope sorry, apples and oranges.
Um, I have to disagree...
lifes a beach wrote:
I agree the man should ideally be able to voice his opinion; however, ultimately, it is the woman's body and her choice, no one else's.
When my (now) ex-wife was pregnant with our son, I definitely had to suffer through all of her morning sickness, diet restrictions, mood swings, and all the rest of it.

“ANYTHING to be HER EVERYTHING”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
lack of respect.
Once again, I mean no disrepect. EVERYONE needs to be corrected at some point or another. If we didn't need to be corrected, we wouldn't be human.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize how little it means to be held back at that level?
Seriously.
And regardless of the reason, if you repeat a grade, in some places the term used is held back.
Point taken.
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
When my (now) ex-wife was pregnant with our son, I definitely had to suffer through all of her morning sickness, diet restrictions, mood swings, and all the rest of it.
But you suffered through it vicariously. Not saying that invalidates you suffering along WITH her, but it isn't the same as being the person actually going through the actual suffering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>HUH?? No- it does not set one up for another defeat.
Life is NOT about winning- it IS about doing the very best one can do and when one KNOWS within their hearts that they did do their very best, with that knowledge comes a wonderful peace of mind and serenity.
You are SO young and have SO much to learn and I imagine you will in time- but even at your very young age, you should realize and accept that all ANY of us can do is our very best- and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
And if you don't think: "Okay, I did my best" and if that doesn't give you the peace of mind it should, then yes- you surely will set yourself up for nothing but defeat.
It is much more important to do your best and to know that you did your best than it is to win. But this is not something that can be taught- this is a life lesson that must be experienced first hand and I think in time it is a lesson you will learn as you gain more life experience.
Let's say I actually become a SEAL, and I go on a mission to rescue some hostages. They are going to be executed 1945 hours. My assault team and I insert at 1935 hours. Even if we bust our asses, we can get to them in 15 minutes. THAT is the best we can do. Well, it isn't going to cut it for the hostages' families. I'd have to explain to them that "I'm sorry, but we did our best." That doesn't cut it. We should've prepared for the op better. If the best one can do does NOT meet the expectations, then he or she is NOT good enough and MUST try harder. And if you're a SEAL (or member of any S.O.F. in general) you MUST EXCEED the expectations. If I'm a SEAL (or a Ranger, Green Beret, etc.), EVERY shot should be a kill, EVERY knife strike should be a kill, EVERY time I pick up a weapon should be a kill. Having said that, if I apply that mentality to EVERY aspect of my life, then I will SURELY be successful. I'll admit I did not academically live up to my full potential in high school, but that's going to change when I go to the Citadel in August. I WILL better EVERY aspect of my life. EVERY push-up WILL be perfect, EVERY term paper WILL be a 100, EVERY test will be a 100, EVERY shot fired at a range WILL be on target, etc. Now I understand that I won't always realize my goals, but being satisfied with my results will breed complacency. I MUST always aim to exceed the expectations.......... It's about building character.
good wife

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Once again, I mean no disrepect. EVERYONE needs to be corrected at some point or another. If we didn't need to be corrected, we wouldn't be human.
So, how old are you? Nineteen and you feel you have the right to "correct" an adult?
good wife

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's say I actually become a SEAL, and I go on a mission to rescue some hostages. They are going to be executed 1945 hours. My assault team and I insert at 1935 hours. Even if we bust our asses, we can get to them in 15 minutes. THAT is the best we can do. Well, it isn't going to cut it for the hostages' families. I'd have to explain to them that "I'm sorry, but we did our best." That doesn't cut it. We should've prepared for the op better. If the best one can do does NOT meet the expectations, then he or she is NOT good enough and MUST try harder. And if you're a SEAL (or member of any S.O.F. in general) you MUST EXCEED the expectations. If I'm a SEAL (or a Ranger, Green Beret, etc.), EVERY shot should be a kill, EVERY knife strike should be a kill, EVERY time I pick up a weapon should be a kill. Having said that, if I apply that mentality to EVERY aspect of my life, then I will SURELY be successful. I'll admit I did not academically live up to my full potential in high school, but that's going to change when I go to the Citadel in August. I WILL better EVERY aspect of my life. EVERY push-up WILL be perfect, EVERY term paper WILL be a 100, EVERY test will be a 100, EVERY shot fired at a range WILL be on target, etc. Now I understand that I won't always realize my goals, but being satisfied with my results will breed complacency. I MUST always aim to exceed the expectations.......... It's about building character.
Let's say you take your fairy tales and peddle them somewhere else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Liam, I've observed that sort of thing several times over the years.
I will say though, that I never saw it happen when the man was not committed to the relationship and living with the woman.
But among committed couples, I've seen it several times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

good wife wrote:
<quoted text>So, how old are you? Nineteen and you feel you have the right to "correct" an adult?
Well, the way I see it, I can do one of two things. I can refuse to satisfy something with a response (which would probably be the more mature thing to do), or I can make an attempt to clear up any disparities. I meant "to correct" in that manner; not in an insulting or disrespectful manner. I don't want to fight with any of you on here. I've changed my position on the abortion issue (and I was sincere about doing so) and I'm hoping that we can start to get along. I want to make a genuine effort to get along with you and any of my other detractors on this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

422 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Hidingfromyou 720,140
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min Le_le 599,043
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min HipGnozizzz 172,251
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min RoSesz 532,396
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 21 min End of Church Ages 32,919
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 34 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 37,597
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 39 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 4 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••