213,761 - 213,780 of 221,373 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 13

“ANYTHING to be HER EVERYTHING”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#224056 Jun 4, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
lack of respect.
Once again, I mean no disrepect. EVERYONE needs to be corrected at some point or another. If we didn't need to be corrected, we wouldn't be human.

Location hidden

#224057 Jun 4, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize how little it means to be held back at that level?
Seriously.
And regardless of the reason, if you repeat a grade, in some places the term used is held back.
Point taken.
Orange County blues

Kissimmee, FL

#224058 Jun 4, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I have to disagree...
<quoted text>
When my (now) ex-wife was pregnant with our son, I definitely had to suffer through all of her morning sickness, diet restrictions, mood swings, and all the rest of it.
But you suffered through it vicariously. Not saying that invalidates you suffering along WITH her, but it isn't the same as being the person actually going through the actual suffering.

Location hidden

#224059 Jun 4, 2012
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>HUH?? No- it does not set one up for another defeat.
Life is NOT about winning- it IS about doing the very best one can do and when one KNOWS within their hearts that they did do their very best, with that knowledge comes a wonderful peace of mind and serenity.
You are SO young and have SO much to learn and I imagine you will in time- but even at your very young age, you should realize and accept that all ANY of us can do is our very best- and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
And if you don't think: "Okay, I did my best" and if that doesn't give you the peace of mind it should, then yes- you surely will set yourself up for nothing but defeat.
It is much more important to do your best and to know that you did your best than it is to win. But this is not something that can be taught- this is a life lesson that must be experienced first hand and I think in time it is a lesson you will learn as you gain more life experience.
Let's say I actually become a SEAL, and I go on a mission to rescue some hostages. They are going to be executed 1945 hours. My assault team and I insert at 1935 hours. Even if we bust our asses, we can get to them in 15 minutes. THAT is the best we can do. Well, it isn't going to cut it for the hostages' families. I'd have to explain to them that "I'm sorry, but we did our best." That doesn't cut it. We should've prepared for the op better. If the best one can do does NOT meet the expectations, then he or she is NOT good enough and MUST try harder. And if you're a SEAL (or member of any S.O.F. in general) you MUST EXCEED the expectations. If I'm a SEAL (or a Ranger, Green Beret, etc.), EVERY shot should be a kill, EVERY knife strike should be a kill, EVERY time I pick up a weapon should be a kill. Having said that, if I apply that mentality to EVERY aspect of my life, then I will SURELY be successful. I'll admit I did not academically live up to my full potential in high school, but that's going to change when I go to the Citadel in August. I WILL better EVERY aspect of my life. EVERY push-up WILL be perfect, EVERY term paper WILL be a 100, EVERY test will be a 100, EVERY shot fired at a range WILL be on target, etc. Now I understand that I won't always realize my goals, but being satisfied with my results will breed complacency. I MUST always aim to exceed the expectations.......... It's about building character.
good wife

San Antonio, TX

#224060 Jun 4, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Once again, I mean no disrepect. EVERYONE needs to be corrected at some point or another. If we didn't need to be corrected, we wouldn't be human.
So, how old are you? Nineteen and you feel you have the right to "correct" an adult?
good wife

San Antonio, TX

#224061 Jun 4, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's say I actually become a SEAL, and I go on a mission to rescue some hostages. They are going to be executed 1945 hours. My assault team and I insert at 1935 hours. Even if we bust our asses, we can get to them in 15 minutes. THAT is the best we can do. Well, it isn't going to cut it for the hostages' families. I'd have to explain to them that "I'm sorry, but we did our best." That doesn't cut it. We should've prepared for the op better. If the best one can do does NOT meet the expectations, then he or she is NOT good enough and MUST try harder. And if you're a SEAL (or member of any S.O.F. in general) you MUST EXCEED the expectations. If I'm a SEAL (or a Ranger, Green Beret, etc.), EVERY shot should be a kill, EVERY knife strike should be a kill, EVERY time I pick up a weapon should be a kill. Having said that, if I apply that mentality to EVERY aspect of my life, then I will SURELY be successful. I'll admit I did not academically live up to my full potential in high school, but that's going to change when I go to the Citadel in August. I WILL better EVERY aspect of my life. EVERY push-up WILL be perfect, EVERY term paper WILL be a 100, EVERY test will be a 100, EVERY shot fired at a range WILL be on target, etc. Now I understand that I won't always realize my goals, but being satisfied with my results will breed complacency. I MUST always aim to exceed the expectations.......... It's about building character.
Let's say you take your fairy tales and peddle them somewhere else.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#224062 Jun 4, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I have to disagree...
<quoted text>
When my (now) ex-wife was pregnant with our son, I definitely had to suffer through all of her morning sickness, diet restrictions, mood swings, and all the rest of it.
Liam, I've observed that sort of thing several times over the years.
I will say though, that I never saw it happen when the man was not committed to the relationship and living with the woman.
But among committed couples, I've seen it several times.

Location hidden

#224063 Jun 4, 2012
good wife wrote:
<quoted text>So, how old are you? Nineteen and you feel you have the right to "correct" an adult?
Well, the way I see it, I can do one of two things. I can refuse to satisfy something with a response (which would probably be the more mature thing to do), or I can make an attempt to clear up any disparities. I meant "to correct" in that manner; not in an insulting or disrespectful manner. I don't want to fight with any of you on here. I've changed my position on the abortion issue (and I was sincere about doing so) and I'm hoping that we can start to get along. I want to make a genuine effort to get along with you and any of my other detractors on this thread.

Location hidden

#224064 Jun 4, 2012
good wife wrote:
<quoted text>Let's say you take your fairy tales and peddle them somewhere else.
I was only trying to make a point about striving for perfection.
good wife

San Antonio, TX

#224065 Jun 4, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> I was only trying to make a point about striving for perfection.
Wrong thread - wrong topic.:)

Location hidden

#224066 Jun 4, 2012
good wife wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong thread - wrong topic.:)
Point taken, but I'm being "led" off topic. I'll admit, I kinda did it first, but you all continued to "lead" me off topic....... However, I'll admit if I had not made an a** of myself when I first came on this thread, it wouldn'tve happened in the first place. I'll be mindful of it in the future.

Location hidden

#224067 Jun 4, 2012
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now. There wasn't a time when it couldn't survive outside the uterus in the second semester.
That changed.
Dude, I think the correct term is "trimester".

Location hidden

#224068 Jun 4, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a human wad of goo- better? It's not a being because being because that would imply sentience and there's no evidence of that. In my opinion, abortion is justified legal killing.
You can't kill something that isn't alive.

Location hidden

#224069 Jun 4, 2012
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. It's taking a life. "Medical decision" is the smoke screen people toss out there when they want to kill babies.
Like I just said, you can't kill something that isn't alive.

Location hidden

#224070 Jun 4, 2012
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the child who will absolutely die if there is one.
All of this whinig over a wad of goo. You have such a weak stomach..........

Location hidden

#224071 Jun 4, 2012
Whining*
Roadrunner

Perry, MI

#224072 Jun 5, 2012
He indicated, and we were referring to the fact, that his daughter and grandchild were physically abused by the father of the child. We weren't saying he should file a case against the boy because he got her pregnant. In the case of physical abuse, the police could have filed charges. Anyone could have reported the incident(s).
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Superwilly is correct- if the raped minor refuses to press charges or testify, then there's not much a parent can do in those circumstances. Extremely rarely will the court compel such a witness to testify, it looks horrible on them to force a "child" to testify over what was seemingly consensual sex. Just saying...
http://www.students.haverford.edu/masar/docum...
Orange County blues

Kissimmee, FL

#224073 Jun 5, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Superwilly is correct- if the raped minor refuses to press charges or testify, then there's not much a parent can do in those circumstances. Extremely rarely will the court compel such a witness to testify, it looks horrible on them to force a "child" to testify over what was seemingly consensual sex. Just saying...
http://www.students.haverford.edu/masar/docum...
I don't think it's true that the parents can't do anything. Even in the case of consensual sex between minors- and even if the boy involved is also a minor- the parents of the girl can have charges brought against the boy for statutory rape. And I don't think for charges such as that to stick the girl would be required to testify.

"The term "statutory rape" is used in some legal jurisdictions to refer to sexual activities in which one person is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior, it can also be charged with sexual behaviors with two under-aged minors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

"Statutory rape is illegal sexual activity between two people when it would otherwise be legal if not for their age

In accordance with the FBI definition, statutory rape is characterized as non-forcible sexual intercourse with a person who is younger than the statutory age of consent. The actual ages for these laws vary greatly from state-to-state, as do the punishments for offenders."

http://www.sexlaws.org/what_is_statutory_rape

So if a male can be charged with statutory rape even if both parties were willing and it was consensual, I would think that in the case of forced rape of a minor, the parents could bring a suit against the rapist without the minor having to press charges.
Orange County blues

Kissimmee, FL

#224074 Jun 5, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Like I just said, you can't kill something that isn't alive.
Oh- a z/e/f is most definitely alive and can be killed. What a z/e/f is NOT is a LIFE and while a z/e/f within the body of a human is of course a human z/e/f, what a z/e/f is NOT is a PERSON and there is no PERSON and no LIFE until there is a live BIRTH.

But make no mistake that a z/e/f is most definitely alive, but so is sperm, mold, mildew and bacteria. But what none of these are is a LIFE.

And there is a difference between that which is ALIVE and that which is A LIFE just as there is a difference between that which is HUMAN and that which is a PERSON.
good wife

San Antonio, TX

#224075 Jun 5, 2012
Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Point taken, but I'm being "led" off topic. I'll admit, I kinda did it first, but you all continued to "lead" me off topic....... However, I'll admit if I had not made an a** of myself when I first came on this thread, it wouldn'tve happened in the first place. I'll be mindful of it in the future.
Poor excuse and just like a guy to put the blame on others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 732,999
Relatives Of Burglers Become Outraged 4 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min atheism is destru... 226,343
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,970
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Black Thunder 42 599,920
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 15 min andet1987 1,008
Gettin' R--E-A-L at Hyundai 17 min Doctor REALITY 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••