Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent way to do this, IMO. Sex is something that teens are going to be curious about, and it's completely idiotic to ignore it and hope that "IT" won't happen. I took the same approach with my son that you did when the time came, and he knows exactly what sex is and what it often leads to -- babies, at too young an age.
Answering a teen girl's or guy's questions about sex in an honest and open way, without making the teen feel bad or guilty for even ASKING the question, makes it easier for teens to approach their parents when they have questions. When parents refuse to answer these questions, then teens often turn to the WORST source for information on sex...their equally-UNinformed friends.
Totally agree!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> Look, I don't remember EXACTLY what happened; I'd have to ask my parents because that was long ago. But I'm PRETTY SURE I WAS NOT HELD BACK.
Do you realize how little it means to be held back at that level?
Seriously.
And regardless of the reason, if you repeat a grade, in some places the term used is held back.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

http://myabortionblog.tumblr.com/

And Iím still OK

If today is your first day here and youíre totally freaking out, thatís OK. I was totally freaking out when I was in your shoes too. And everything turned out OK. It really did. I promise.

Itís been about a year and a half since my abortion. My health is fine. My weight went back to normal (well, normal for me. I think Iím destined to perpetually flip flop between a 10 and a 12.)

My boyfriend and I are still together. Actually, we just got engaged in a few months ago so weíre planning our wedding now. Iím 27; Iíll be 28 by the time we get married. Iíd like to wait a year before we have our first child together. Iíll be about 29. Weíll be ready for him or her in a way we werenít a year and a half ago.

My health is fine. I still use Nuvaring though I donít love it. Itís easier for me to remember though and that gives me a peace of mind that is invaluable.

In New York City, they started running these ads on the subways that I really donít like. Theyíre ads that depict abortion as something damaging that will RUIN YOUR LIFE. They say things like ďI wish we hadnít done it. Everything is different now.Ē or ďI didnít think Iíd feel so bad. I regret it more than anythingĒ or something along those lines. Iím sure those are true for some people, but I think itís for the women (and men) who werenít really secure in the decision before they did it. The ones who maybe were coerced or who didnít really research and read all about it. Perhaps the ones who did it even though they didnít really want to. Those are the ones that I think regret it. Those are the people I think shouldnít do it.

That is NOT my experience. I donít regret it. I am glad I did it. I donít think about it every day. It doesnít haunt me. I donít even remember exactly what day it was. I felt back to myself almost instantly after it and I went on with my life. With work and with friends and with pursuing all of my many, many dreams and goals. My fiance and I have a great relationship. This didnít tear us apart; if anything, it brought us even closer together. It showed us that we could get through things together.

This did not define me and it wonít define you. It will be a moment. A day. A few weeks if you include the crampiness while youíre recovering. And then youíll go on with your life and youíll keep doing the things you love; maybe a little bit smarter about choices like birth control, but otherwise youíll be OK. As long as you know for sure that this is what YOU want (not your boyfriend or mom or friends or doctor, but YOU), and as long as you go about it in a safe way), youíll be OK.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a voter. Surely you understand the concept.
Being a voter doesn't amount to crap. Politicians do what they want to do and do for those who are willing to make things happen for their own personal and political. You don't seem to have a grasp on the reality of politics.

I'm a voter, but I didn't vote for Americans to go over seas to war. Doubtful you did either. There are lots of things we don't vote on that become law. I don't believe R v. W was voted on either. And most of these laughable pieces of legislation aren't being voted on by the people who would be effected the most.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only "vague" if you have trouble understanding it.
No, it's vague because you didn't use correct grammar and weren't clear. I can figure it out, but it was poor use of words and structure on your part.

Either way, the Gallup Poll supports my comments.
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> I accept defeat gracefully, I just don't accept it in the sense of thinking, "Okay, I did my best." afterward. THAT will surely set someone up for another defeat.
HUH?? No- it does not set one up for another defeat.

Life is NOT about winning- it IS about doing the very best one can do and when one KNOWS within their hearts that they did do their very best, with that knowledge comes a wonderful peace of mind and serenity.

You are SO young and have SO much to learn and I imagine you will in time- but even at your very young age, you should realize and accept that all ANY of us can do is our very best- and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

And if you don't think: "Okay, I did my best" and if that doesn't give you the peace of mind it should, then yes- you surely will set yourself up for nothing but defeat.

It is much more important to do your best and to know that you did your best than it is to win. But this is not something that can be taught- this is a life lesson that must be experienced first hand and I think in time it is a lesson you will learn as you gain more life experience.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a voter doesn't amount to crap. Politicians do what they want to do and do for those who are willing to make things happen for their own personal and political. You don't seem to have a grasp on the reality of politics.
I'm a voter, but I didn't vote for Americans to go over seas to war. Doubtful you did either. There are lots of things we don't vote on that become law. I don't believe R v. W was voted on either. And most of these laughable pieces of legislation aren't being voted on by the people who would be effected the most.
He thinks it's as easy as going to the polls lol.
Roadrunner

Perry, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

So now there IS a time it couldn't survive outside the uterus in the second trimester?
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now. There wasn't a time when it couldn't survive outside the uterus in the second semester.
That changed.
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the Grunt was FINE with Americans going to war despite it not being voted upon.

And correct you are- no vote was taken to make abortion legal.

We vote for elected officials and various bills, and while votes may matter for what we do vote on, much legislation is passed by those we elect for which we have no say in the matter regardless if we are for or against what legislation becomes law.

But I am as sure as I can be that if there had been a vote to go to war, the Grunt would vote in favor of it without thinking twice about it.

I find that most anti-choicers have quite the penchant for violence- be it that they are war mongers or in favor of owning as many guns as they want.

After all, they keep proving they care not for life once it is born.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text>.......... but I always feel the need to correct someone ..........
lack of respect.
Roadrunner

Perry, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

You said that one (late term abortion) is too many. I asked for who.......in reference to why late term abortions are done (health of the woman, or severe abnoralities in the fetus who most likely won't survive? Do you really want these pregnancies to continue?
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the child who will absolutely die if there is one.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you vote for. A million children a year which you hope will be born, will come with a colossal price tag and a million unwanted children coming into your village each year, every year for only 10 years will unload 10 million children their mothers didn't want. The consequences will be dire and will become an economic and societal nightmare.
You said you don't want to take care of them? Too bad, because you will. You will pay for them because you cannot FORCE the unwilling to parent. Even you my little village idiot, can surely understand that concept.
Factor in the consequences to your fantasy and we'll be a 3rd world country in 50 years.......... or less.
the mental midget would have to get out of mommy's basement and get a job and pay taxes, in order to take care of them.

that "aint" gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's wasn't too long ago that a "21 week old fertilized egg" couldn't survive outside the room.
outside of a room????

99% of time it cannot survive outside of a "w-o-m-b". i have been in the medical profession for 35+ yrs and have never heard of a 21 week old fetus surviving outside of a very highly skilled NICU. let alone a "room".

you are an idiot.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

CherryTheTart wrote:
http://myabortionblog.tumblr.c om/
And Iím still OK
If today is your first day here and youíre totally freaking out, thatís OK. I was totally freaking out when I was in your shoes too. And everything turned out OK. It really did. I promise.
Itís been about a year and a half since my abortion. My health is fine. My weight went back to normal (well, normal for me. I think Iím destined to perpetually flip flop between a 10 and a 12.)
My boyfriend and I are still together. Actually, we just got engaged in a few months ago so weíre planning our wedding now. Iím 27; Iíll be 28 by the time we get married. Iíd like to wait a year before we have our first child together. Iíll be about 29. Weíll be ready for him or her in a way we werenít a year and a half ago.
My health is fine. I still use Nuvaring though I donít love it. Itís easier for me to remember though and that gives me a peace of mind that is invaluable.
In New York City, they started running these ads on the subways that I really donít like. Theyíre ads that depict abortion as something damaging that will RUIN YOUR LIFE. They say things like ďI wish we hadnít done it. Everything is different now.Ē or ďI didnít think Iíd feel so bad. I regret it more than anythingĒ or something along those lines. Iím sure those are true for some people, but I think itís for the women (and men) who werenít really secure in the decision before they did it. The ones who maybe were coerced or who didnít really research and read all about it. Perhaps the ones who did it even though they didnít really want to. Those are the ones that I think regret it. Those are the people I think shouldnít do it.
That is NOT my experience. I donít regret it. I am glad I did it. I donít think about it every day. It doesnít haunt me. I donít even remember exactly what day it was. I felt back to myself almost instantly after it and I went on with my life. With work and with friends and with pursuing all of my many, many dreams and goals. My fiance and I have a great relationship. This didnít tear us apart; if anything, it brought us even closer together. It showed us that we could get through things together.
This did not define me and it wonít define you. It will be a moment. A day. A few weeks if you include the crampiness while youíre recovering. And then youíll go on with your life and youíll keep doing the things you love; maybe a little bit smarter about choices like birth control, but otherwise youíll be OK. As long as you know for sure that this is what YOU want (not your boyfriend or mom or friends or doctor, but YOU), and as long as you go about it in a safe way), youíll be OK.
^5

thank you for sharing this!!!
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
To be forced to kill your child would be horrible. To do it voluntarily would be even worse.
Absolutely not. Forced abortions are not choice abortions. That's the equivalent of likening rape to sex. Not even close.
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion: the removal of an unborn baby/child from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy. What's not to understand? If it had been born it would be called infanticide, but being preborn it is called abortion. What is potential is whether or not the mother will choose to kill her child or not. Have you no moral values?
Exactly it is not born; therefore, not infanticide. Simple as that...
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

summertimebabay wrote:
i read a few comments bout this an ignored the rest, the way i see it is a woman should consider abortion at desperate needs, if you have a little 13 year old little girl come out an get raped an end up pregnant, i'm sure her an her family will consider it but if you have some sleeze spreadin their legs then it shouldn't be done an they need to take on their responsibilities an take care of the baby.
Oh so because I'm in monogamous relationship and choose to have sex with my bf, I'm sleaze? This is not the 1800s, there are women out there with healthy sex drives and that doesn't make them "sleaze" anymore than men with healthy sex drives. Time to step out of the dark ages already.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
^5
thank you for sharing this!!!
I found it just mooching around the Net.
I think it is great too.
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> That's pretty s***ty of you to think of children in terms of money. Is that what our society has come to? I'm not speaking from a religious standpoint, but a human rights one. Unborn children have human rights too, and it's not right because they have no say in the matter of them getting aborted (or not). We punish people for human rights violations; hate crimes, genocidal maniacs slaughtering their own people, etc. How is abortion any different? It's a crime against humanity. The fact that a child's life is worth a certain amount of money says a lot (or very little, actually) about you..........
Abortion is not even remotely listed by the UN in crimes against humanity unless it is FORCED abortions (which are entirely different). I don't know about money or children in that sense but love alone doesn't clothe or feed them...that's for sure and unfortunately many parents find that out the hard way later.
lifes a beach

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Metal 0-4 wrote:
<quoted text> The child has no choice in the matter, though. It's a VERY unfair way to look at it. I can't pretend to even comprehend what women go through when dealing with this issue, but I can't reconcile that with the fact that the child has no choice in the matter. You have no right to decide who lives and dies. It's a human rights issue in my opinion, and human rights violations are what piss me off the most in the world. Our society has no credibility if it doesn't accomodate EVERYONE's human rights. This country is supposed to epitomize progress in civil/human rights. Granted, I'm a fanatical Conservative, but I'm the Libertarian brand of Conservatism. That means when it comes to social issues, even if I have moral reservations about them (like gay marriage, for example), I don't think it should be legislated by the government because them having control over ANY aspect of our lives is facist to me. However, that applies ONLY to things that do NOT compromise someone elses civil or human rights. Abortion obviously compromises the unborn child's human rights. EVERYONE has a right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's an idea I'm willing to die for, and one I'm willing to kill for. That's why I'm going to serve our country. However, if this country gets to a point at which there's not much of a premium on human rights, my loyalty to it will become questionable at best. If that's the direction we're bound for, this abortion issue is a milestone in taking us in that direction. I REFUSE to live in a coutry like that. If abortion is not struck down by congress, then that sets a precedent for future human rights violations. It'll happen slowly, but it will surely happen if this is not struck down.......... The writing's on the walls. And with the uncertainty that lies ahead concerning our economic troulbe. You have any idea how close we came to a Communist or Facist revolution during the Great Depression? Because of how much our society has regressed, I don't see us dodging that bullet again. If that happens, there will be no regard for our human rights. Abortion just sets a precedent for such things to happen (if such a thing does happen to our country). If we don't show that we place a premium on human life, our democracy can't survive for much longer. It's only so long before it becomes an empty promise to future generations if we don't change the direction we're going in with issues like this..........
Most civilized industrialized countries who have not been cited or cited very little for human rights violations allow early term abortions as a legal medical practice. Most of the countries that ban abortions altogether are the ones frequently cited for gender discrimination policies.

http://www.channel4.com/news/ireland-abortion...

Bottom line is a born woman's rights trump any "rights" of an unborn fetus. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 213,761 - 213,780 of221,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

448 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The REAL reason the White House won't deport Ju... 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min number four 217,121
The REAL reason the White won't deport Justin B... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
Dirty pictures 12 min Raynman7 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min pusherman_ 596,599
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Henry 512,266
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min pusherman_ 680,586
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Xbobstax 266
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr danetoo 109,734
•••
•••
•••