Comments
210,221 - 210,240 of 221,375 Comments Last updated Thursday

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220401
May 7, 2012
 
Lily the aborter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me...that's all you can afford.
Oh and I don't believe for even one second that your mortgage is 10K a month. What a frickin liar.
I have a huge house in a great area and we only pay $2,600 a month for our mortgage (without PMI). Liar.
My mortgage isn't 10k a month. If it were, I'd have said "doesn't cover the mortgage" or "is my mortgage". You really need to learn to read.

I can't help it if you live in the ghetto.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220402
May 7, 2012
 
ATTENTION ALL PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES!!

Petition to stop forced abortion and sexual slavery in China:

http://www.womensrightswithoutfrontiers.org/i...
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220403
May 7, 2012
 
Life is Precious wrote:
I was never a Catholic. liar.
Okay, so you were a teenager who got caught in the TRAP of teen pregnancy and motherhood. Big deal. That's hardly something to brag about. Whether you were a catholic or not is irrelevant to me.

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220404
May 7, 2012
 
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she said that was the reason. Are you saying 93% of women who kill their unborn babies are also liars?
Please show me where a woman defined her reason for having an abortion as "convenience."

I'd like a direct link to the site.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220405
May 7, 2012
 
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where a woman defined her reason for having an abortion as "convenience."
I'd like a direct link to the site.
Please read the thread. 93% of women who had abortions listed their reasons as "school, money, work, etc". All of which add up to "inconvenience".

You don't have to like it. That doesn't make it any less true.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220406
May 7, 2012
 
Ocean56 wrote:
Okay, so you were a teenager who got caught in the TRAP of teen pregnancy and motherhood. Big deal. That's hardly something to brag about. Whether you were a catholic or not is irrelevant to me.
And to me as well. And I hardly was trapped. Liar!!!!

“Becoming a better me!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220407
May 7, 2012
 
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing.
"hey, you got a puppy?"
"yeah, but I my dad spanks me so I killed it"
Logic? Only if you're nuts.
Not making enough money to support yourself, as well as a child, is illogical?

Wanting to wait 'til you're ready to be a mother is illogical?

Wanting your child to have a home with two parents is illogical?

Only to a man who can walk out on his child without a backwards glance.

By the way, your analogy is totally inappropriate.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220408
May 7, 2012
 
Man of Science wrote:
<quoted text>I already told you where to find the post, boy. If you're too stupid to work the search bar, that's your problem, not mine.
The only reply that I can think of at the moment is:

Saying that you have proof is not the same thing as actually having proof.
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220409
May 7, 2012
 
LightForce wrote:
ATTENTION ALL PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES!!
Petition to stop forced abortion and sexual slavery in China:
http://www.womensrightswithoutfrontiers.org/i...
That's good news!

Why would you think pro-choicers would think otherwise?

Pro-choice has NOTHING to do with advocating forced abortions any more than it has anything to do with forcing women to remain pregnant against their will in order to give birth against their will.

Is there something about the word "CHOICE" that you don't understand?

BTW, you might also want to be aware that there is also sexual slavery right here in the good ol' US of A.

"The Good Men Project interviews a special agent with Homeland Security Investigations about sex slavery in the U.S.—which is far more common than most people think."

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/se...

Surely you are not so misguided as to think any pro-choicer supports sexual slavery any more than any pro-choicer supports forced abortion or forced birth.....

But who knows, since you seem to be confused about what "CHOICE" means?
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220410
May 7, 2012
 
Testimony from a victim of China's forced abortion policy:

Eventually, the Family Planning government officials found out about my pregnancy. So they searched all over trying to arrest me, and while they could not find me, then they caught my father instead. They put my father into the detention center and beat him every day.
More:
http://www.womensrightswithoutfrontiers.org/i...

Then sign this petition to stop forced abortion and sexual slavery in China:

http://www.womensrightswithoutfrontiers.org/i...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220411
May 7, 2012
 
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>That's good news!
Why would you think pro-choicers would think otherwise?
Pro-choice has NOTHING to do with advocating forced abortions any more than it has anything to do with forcing women to remain pregnant against their will in order to give birth against their will.
Is there something about the word "CHOICE" that you don't understand?
BTW, you might also want to be aware that there is also sexual slavery right here in the good ol' US of A.
"The Good Men Project interviews a special agent with Homeland Security Investigations about sex slavery in the U.S.—which is far more common than most people think."
http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/se...
Surely you are not so misguided as to think any pro-choicer supports sexual slavery any more than any pro-choicer supports forced abortion or forced birth.....
But who knows, since you seem to be confused about what "CHOICE" means?
That was much better than my comment was going to be. I was just going to tell him to FO.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220412
May 7, 2012
 
mamma-san wrote:
<quoted text>
Not making enough money to support yourself, as well as a child, is illogical?
Wanting to wait 'til you're ready to be a mother is illogical?
Wanting your child to have a home with two parents is illogical?
Only to a man who can walk out on his child without a backwards glance.
By the way, your analogy is totally inappropriate.
You can't read?

Who said "illogical"?

None of those things is "illogical" or "inconvenient". They should wait. That doesn't mean if you don't, you can just kill the baby.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220413
May 7, 2012
 
Orange County blues wrote:
<quoted text>That's good news!
Why would you think pro-choicers would think otherwise?
Pro-choice has NOTHING to do with advocating forced abortions any more than it has anything to do with forcing women to remain pregnant against their will in order to give birth against their will.
Is there something about the word "CHOICE" that you don't understand?
BTW, you might also want to be aware that there is also sexual slavery right here in the good ol' US of A.
"The Good Men Project interviews a special agent with Homeland Security Investigations about sex slavery in the U.S.—which is far more common than most people think."
http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/se...
Surely you are not so misguided as to think any pro-choicer supports sexual slavery any more than any pro-choicer supports forced abortion or forced birth.....
But who knows, since you seem to be confused about what "CHOICE" means?
Finally! Something that we can agree on. That's why I emphasized "pro-choicers" so you would notice it, and possibly become intersted enough to at least sign the petition. Sexual slavery exists everwhere in the world. Of course I still don't advocate for choice when it comes to killng innocent unborn babies.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220414
May 7, 2012
 
Grunt56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't read?
Who said "illogical"?
None of those things is "illogical" or "inconvenient". They should wait. That doesn't mean if you don't, you can just kill the baby.
Yeah, it does.
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220415
May 7, 2012
 
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That was much better than my comment was going to be. I was just going to tell him to FO.
LOL!
Orange County blues

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220416
May 7, 2012
 
LightForce wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally! Something that we can agree on. That's why I emphasized "pro-choicers" so you would notice it, and possibly become intersted enough to at least sign the petition. Sexual slavery exists everwhere in the world. Of course I still don't advocate for choice when it comes to killng innocent unborn babies.
Why would you think for even a second that ANYONE would support forced abortions?

Here is what pro-choice means:

That women have the legal right to do any or all of the following:

1. To have a baby and keep it.

2. To have a baby and put it up for adoption.

3. To have an abortion.

Pro-choice does NOT mean advocating one choice over another. It simply means advocating and supporting the legal right to choose any or all of the above options.

Of course, only the INDIVIDUAL who is pregnant can rightly decide what is the best option for HERSELF and HER pregnancy.

Oh- so you're okay with "non-innocent" "unborn babies" being killed- LOL!!!

You're so silly. A z/ef is neither guilty OR innocent, nor is a z/e/f either armed or defenseless.

I don't expect you to understand what that means, though.

And of course, what a woman is pregnant with up until the moment of birth is not a BABY. It's a FETUS. Once there is a LIVE BIRTH, there is a BABY. Once there is a BABY there is a PERSON. Once there is a PERSON, they are afforded all the rights of PERSONHOOD.

Can't really make it any simpler to understand.....

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220417
May 7, 2012
 
Superwilly wrote:
PP has never distanced itself from the eugenics of it's founder.
Margaret Sanger CLEARLY believed in negative eugenics;
From Wikipedia;
Sanger's 1920 book endorsed eugenics.
As part of her efforts to promote birth control, Sanger found common cause with proponents of eugenics, believing that they both sought to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."[72] Sanger was a proponent of negative eugenics, which aims to improve human hereditary traits through social intervention by reducing reproduction by those considered unfit. Sanger's eugenic policies included an exclusionary immigration policy, free access to birth control methods and full family planning autonomy for the able-minded, and compulsory segregation or sterilization for the profoundly retarded.[73][74] In her book The Pivot of Civilization, she advocated coercion to prevent the "undeniably feeble-minded" from procreating.[75] Although Sanger supported negative eugenics, she asserted that eugenics alone was not sufficient, and that birth control was essential to achieve her goals.[76][77][78]
In contrast with eugenicists who advocated euthanasia for the unfit,[note 9] Sanger wrote, "we [do not] believe that the community could or should send to the lethal chamber the defective progeny resulting from irresponsible and unintelligent breeding."[79] Similarly, Sanger denounced the aggressive and lethal Nazi eugenics program.[74] In addition, Sanger believed the responsibility for birth control should remain in the hands of able-minded individual parents rather than the state, and that self-determining motherhood was the only unshakable foundation for racial betterment.[76][80]
Complementing her eugenics policies, Sanger also supported restrictive immigration policies. In "A Plan for Peace", a 1932 essay, she proposed a congressional department to address population problems. She also recommended that immigration exclude those "whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race," and that sterilization and segregation be applied to those with incurable, hereditary disabilities.[73][74][81]
If the founder of an organization expressed "to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit", would that not raise concerns?
Don't you find that type of thinking highly repugnant no matter what the context?
PP does not shout it out, but they have never ever distanced themselves from her eugenics.
Planned Parenthood had nothing to do with the forced eugenics program in this country. Prove where PP had ever advocated reducing certain "types" of people. I want to see a statement released by PP where they've stated this. I also want to see where PP solicits "undesirable" populations to have abortions. Please, show me a billboard posted by PP that says, "Hey poor black people! Come have an abortion!"

People like you listen to FOX news way too much. Do some real research.
LightForce

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220418
May 7, 2012
 
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That was much better than my comment was going to be. I was just going to tell him to FO.
Don't be caught this weekend unprepared when those uninvited guests show up to your door. Be the envy of all yer relatives with this lip-smackin' recipe. Here - set a spell an have a look-see:

Aplle Pie

A heap o' short sweetnin
A smigen o' wheat flour
A bit o' tartnin'
Less than a bit o' tart hide
Even less o' bever stick
A quotom o' mashed mace
Butter
A raw outcoverin fer a pie
A poke o' pome fruit

In the lower half o' yore pie outercoverin lay out layers o'pome an tween the layers sprinkle some o' yore tartnin' tart hide, wheaten flour, n' spices. Put some teeny dots o' butter over the top. Lay on the upper half o' yore pie outcoverin' with a few holes punched in fer to let out the steam n' bake a good bit.

Enjoy!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220419
May 7, 2012
 
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Not applicable, the nazis DID collaborate with american eugenicists.
Margaret sanger advocated eugenics and did so in her book.
From the George Mason University website;
"More than just providing the scientific roadmap, America funded Germany's eugenic institutions. By 1926, Rockefeller had donated some $410,000 -- almost $4 million in 21st-Century money -- to hundreds of German researchers. In May 1926, Rockefeller awarded $250,000 to the German Psychiatric Institute of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute, later to become the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Psychiatry. Among the leading psychiatrists at the German Psychiatric Institute was Ernst Rüdin, who became director and eventually an architect of Hitler's systematic medical repression.
Another in the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute's eugenic complex of institutions was the Institute for Brain Research. Since 1915, it had operated out of a single room. Everything changed when Rockefeller money arrived in 1929. A grant of $317,000 allowed the Institute to construct a major building and take center stage in German race biology. The Institute received additional grants from the Rockefeller Foundation during the next several years. Leading the Institute, once again, was Hitler's medical henchman Ernst Rüdin. Rüdin's organization became a prime director and recipient of the murderous experimentation and research conducted on Jews, Gypsies and others."
This isn't some imagined connection between american eugenicists and the nazis, it existed, it's history, it's fact.
Margaret Sanger appointed a man named Lothrop Stoddard to be a board member of the Birth Control League, the forerunner of Planned Parenthood. Stoddard was an avid supporter of eugenics, forced sterilization, and Adolph Hitler.
Again, not some sort of imagined connection, it's fact and history.
I'm still waiting where you're going to provide evidence that PP goes out and tries to get the less-fortunate or desirable populations to have abortions. I want to see proof that PP advertises, "Are you poor? Black? Hispanic? Have an abortion!" I also want to see where PP is forcing these people to have abortions. Please, if you're going to make these statements, then you need proof to back them up. Otherwise, it's just dribble.

The forced eugenics program ended in the 1970s.

You also use Margaret Sanger as if she were advocating something bad. You're probably one of those people who gripe about people on welfare, yet you see a problem with someone who was trying to help those people control or halt their procreation. She was first and foremost a woman's rights leader, dedicated to helping women choose whether or not they wanted to have a child by helping them gain access to birth control.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220420
May 7, 2012
 
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
They were ardent eugenicists, so was Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood has never distanced itself from Margaret Sanger's belief in eugenics.
So, it DOES MATTER. IT IS ABOUT ABORTION IN 2012 IN THE US. Eugenics was wrong, is wrong, and will be wrong, no matter what terminology is used, no matter who espouses it (Planned Parenthood).
Abortion is eugenics. kill the offspring because they are handicapped? Kill the baby because they may have a defect? Kill the baby because they may be mentally challenged? Kill the baby because they may represent financial difficulty for the family?
If a woman doesn't want to have a developmentally challenged baby, that is her choice. Not PP's. PP doesn't advertise "Got a retarded baby in the oven? Have an abortion!" (And I use that term to relay the absurdity of your claims.)

Your claim that abortion is eugenics is false. You know who is more likely to get an abortion between a low-income African American female and a middle-class, educated, career-driven Caucasian woman? Yeah...I that's what I thought.

Geez, I wonder how many celebrities/athletes have gotten abortions because they didn't want a baby and pregnancy to take them out of the running for important roles or games? Hmmm....yup. That's eugenics, alright.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

504 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 720,500
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min The Awakener 172,376
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 532,736
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min number four 224,170
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Gray 115,081
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 22 min Classic 1,714
Last Word + 2 22 min Rosie 71
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••