|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is eerily close to a church that I went to as a child.
At one point the church was filled with Christians...then problems arose. Then there were only "true Christians" on one side of the church and "not so true Christians" on the other.
Needless to say...the "true Christians" were on whatever side that one might happen to be sitting on!
There were the "left side Christians" and the "right side Christians"! LOL
I bet they all beleieved they were the only ones who knew God.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Until one defines "true Christian"...how does one determine who is or isn't a "true Christian"?
I would think that most Christians would define "true Christian" as the type of Christian that most resembles themselves.
That is the majority.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>That is why I look at a GOD as a concept.
No one ever has the "Power".
Why is it, everything a GOD supposedly created speaks for itself, such as the (sun, moon, tree, people, animals) none of which require you to believe they are real.
If a GOD wants you to know about a GOD, why does a GOD hide from people?
God is a Spirit Being. In other words,He can't be seen by the physical eye unless He chooses to. And He has chosen not to do so. I suspect that one reason God doesn't 'appear' before the human race,for example,from the skies,is because God is highly offened that many many people SEE what He has done through His creation...and yet they CHOOSE not to believe in Him. An evil and unbelieving generation seeks a 'sign' of God's presence,but the 'signs' are all over the earth and the universe. And,secondly,the Lord has set aside a Day..a Great Day....when His Son,the King of kings and Lord of lords,will break through the clouds in awesome power and glory to reveal Himself before a stunned and godless and wicked world. And guess what,Michael?? You're going to be there as well. And you know what else?? On that Day,you,Michael,won't be asking your stupid 'if a God....' questions. Nope,you're gonna' be on your knees with everybody else,confessing that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only....R-E-A-L God and Saviour and Lord of the world. Watch and see what I tell ya'bowy. Ya' unna' stann'??

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only your opinion. And it is well within your rights to have your opinion. But an opinion is just that, only an opinion.
Just like your opinion, Paul's opinion, Muhammad's opinion and everyone else's opinions.

None are God. None have The Truth.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc,
I believe Mike is a pretty intelligent person.
I think he is playing the role of "devil's advocate" on this thread. If we really want to answer his questions, some of us are going to have to dig deep and/or study hard. He is keeping us on our toes, making us think about what we believe, and making us live by the verse that tells us to always be ready to give a reason for our blessed hope. I like that!
CM
That's not nice!

I could get in a lot of trouble if people start to believe that.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
No Mike - you invented that part friend. But you certainly have the ability.
So you're speaking in regards to me and not everyone else?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Tim, I'll bite. I'll probably get all sorts of flak for it but here goes.
We've all heard that God is love because it is written in the Bible. However the Bible also says that God does hate.....
The Question was does Jesus love everyone, not whether God does.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless any,and all,who will humble themselves and trust in His Holy Name. Good night: http://www.cocorioko.net/wp-content/uploads/2...

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
Wow! Just read a quote on Facebook from a preacher friend of mine and just had to share.
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."
Good stuff right there!
Agreed.
It is much more poetic than "Let those who have eyes see".
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Part 1
Matthew 24:4 ¶And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Continued

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things can't be done in private- as the very people you are assisting MAKE it public....
If you pray in private, how would they know you were praying for them ?

Follow Jesus' guidance and your example can't happen.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Part 2
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
Matthew 24: 4-28 The disciples had asked concerning the times, When these things should be? Christ gave them no answer to that; but they had also asked, What shall be the sign? This question he answers fully. The prophecy first respects events near at hand, the destruction of Jerusalem, the end of the Jewish church and state, the calling of the Gentiles, and the setting up of Christ's kingdom in the world; but it also looks to the general judgment; and toward the close, points more particularly to the latter. What Christ here said to his disciples, tended more to promote caution than to satisfy their curiosity; more to prepare them for the events that should happen, than to give a distinct idea of the events. This is that good understanding of the times which all should covet, thence to infer what Israel ought to do. Our Saviour cautions his disciples to stand on their guard against false teachers. And he foretells wars and great commotions among nations. From the time that the Jews rejected Christ, and he left their house desolate, the sword never departed from them. See what comes of refusing the gospel. Those who will not hear the messengers of peace, shall be made to hear the messengers of war. But where the heart is fixed, trusting in God, it is kept in peace, and is not afraid. It is against the mind of Christ, that his people should have troubled hearts, even in troublous times. When we looked forward to the eternity of misery that is before the obstinate refusers of Christ and his gospel, we may truly say, The greatest earthly judgments are but the beginning of sorrows. It is comforting that some shall endure even to the end. Our Lord foretells the preaching of the gospel in all the world. The end of the world shall not be till the gospel has done its work. Christ foretells the ruin coming upon the people of the Jews; and what he said here, would be of use to his disciples, for their conduct and for their comfort. If God opens a door of escape, we ought to make our escape, otherwise we do not trust God, but tempt him. It becomes Christ's disciples, in times of public trouble, to be much in prayer: that is never out of season, but in a special manner seasonable when we are distressed on every side. Though we must take what God sends, yet we may pray against sufferings; and it is very trying to a good man, to be taken by any work of necessity from the solemn service and worship of God on the sabbath day. But here is one word of comfort, that for the elect's sake these days shall be made shorter than their enemies designed, who would have cut all off, if God, who used these foes to serve his own purpose, had not set bounds to their wrath. Christ foretells the rapid spreading of the gospel in the world. It is plainly seen as the lightning. Christ preached his gospel openly. The Romans were like an eagle, and the ensign of their armies was an eagle. When a people, by their sin, make themselves as loathsome carcasses, nothing can be expected but that God should send enemies to destroy them. It is very applicable to the day of judgment, the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in that day, 2Th 2:1. Let us give diligence to make our calling and election sure; then may we know that no enemy or deceiver shall ever prevail against us.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things can't be done in private- as the very people you are assisting MAKE it public....
Sometimes that happens. Not offen if you follow Jesus' advice.

One can change a persons life without them even knowing it. BTDT
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless any,and all,who will humble themselves and trust in His Holy Name. Good night: http://www.cocorioko.net/wp-content/uploads/2...
Goodnight DR
HFN

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>That is why I look at a GOD as a concept.
No one ever has the "Power".
Why is it, everything a GOD supposedly created speaks for itself, such as the (sun, moon, tree, people, animals) none of which require you to believe they are real.
If a GOD wants you to know about a GOD, why does a GOD hide from people?
I understand you Mike. I have no belief in a "deity". No Sky Daddy at all. I do believe in a creative and formative force that causes and guides everything in the universe. An atheist would call it the Grand Unified Theory, Lao Tzu called it Tao, the Hebrews called it YHWH and El. The name is meaningless, it IS. We have the proof all arounds us and within us.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello,Mr. Atheist. Seen any spacerocks 'pootin' out planets and stars and galaxies lately??
Yes. We see it happen contantly. Do you think telescopes and astronomy are make-believe ?

The Universe is full of planets being made and destroyed, stars being made and destroyed.

Earth is not an island.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you Mike. I have no belief in a "deity". No Sky Daddy at all. I do believe in a creative and formative force that causes and guides everything in the universe. An atheist would call it the Grand Unified Theory, Lao Tzu called it Tao, the Hebrews called it YHWH and El. The name is meaningless, it IS. We have the proof all arounds us and within us.
I follow that,..thanks G
DENG

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

SO WHAT YEAR DID JESUS LEAVE FOR INDIA AND WHAT YEAR DID HE COME BACK?
Serah

Summertown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Question was does Jesus love everyone, not whether God does.
JESUS answered that HIMSELF;

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
DENG

Nanjing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

JESUS LEARNED HOW TO THINK IN INDIA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441,101 - 441,120 of596,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

426 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 min Dale_Harris 52,602
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min hojo 512,938
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Tide with Beach 682,195
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min forpetesake 110,114
Christian Lies Exposed (Sep '07) 1 hr Some1 Else 45,842
Windows Xp Professional Sp3 Free Download Full ... (Apr '13) 1 hr prince garg 84
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr No Shiite 217,734
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Some1 Else 89,726
•••
•••
•••