Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy, Darwin,
Most people, I believe, feel a lifting of the spirit when they know they are being prayed for, even non-Christians. The Bible tells us to edify our brothers, so to me it is faith-based to let them know they are being thought of and that their name is being lifted up to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I know it is very edifying to me to know that people are praying for me and/or my family. It is all part of "Love thy neighbor."
James 5:16 (KJV)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Have a good evening,
CM
You can should do as your heart tells you. I have no problem with it.

For myself, Jesus admonition to to pray and do good in secrect is paramount except when it is impossible to do so.

Perhaps since He said that whcih is asked in secret is granted, perhaps the effectiveness is diminished by not doing it in secret. Perhaps publicized pray is ,to use a common phrase, killing them with kindness.

Just a thought to emphazise the seriousness of the issue.

What if God was going to "give what is needed before you ask it" but by doing it wrong God refuse to do it.

Similar stories occur throughout the Bible (and other religions aa well) where the "right thing" is done for the "wrong reasons" with disasterous results.

REcall that Moses was denied seeing the Holy Land because he hit the rock with his staff instead of following God's instructions to just speak to make thespring flow.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy, Darwin,
Most people, I believe, feel a lifting of the spirit when they know they are being prayed for, even non-Christians. The Bible tells us to edify our brothers, so to me it is faith-based to let them know they are being thought of and that their name is being lifted up to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I know it is very edifying to me to know that people are praying for me and/or my family. It is all part of "Love thy neighbor."
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Have a good evening,
CM
Just another thought.
I know that the people who care about are praying for me without them telling me. I hope they know my heart as well.

In honesty, there is nothing I can think of to pray for other than acceptance of God's will.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another thought.
I know that the people who care about are praying for me without them telling me. I hope they know my heart as well.
In honesty, there is nothing I can think of to pray for other than acceptance of God's will.
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" the apostle john speaking by the Spirit of God to all who will believe:)

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Apples, you are still with your heart at causing trouble. Look at the posts between that one you made and the previous one you made to me. No post to Mr. Worry Beads. I let you off!
Now. You tried to make out we are liars who post as Adam in Germany.
I gave link to Deb to a lady who lives in Norway who I met here in Birmingham. I know exactly where she was at a certain time.
Your pocket friend stated in a post he really doesn't care how many Muslims slander Christ here in Birmingham. Would you like the link to his post? Well that statement from him disqualifies him from being a Christian. Not a Roman Catholic and certainly not a Christian either. Your pocket buddy who stated G's love for Jesus is true! You pocket Buddy you joined you very quickly indeed when Christine stated that same poster is Micah. Very easy to wear fake ID's on the Internet, as your pocket buddy likes to testify to cause trouble.
Why did he start on Blindman n the Bleachers? Blindman n the Bleachers was getting suspicious about ID's. Who was really who? He was asking. That's what the backposts show when Mr. Wory Beads began to slander him. Your pocket buddy was getting frightened. Blindman n the Bleachers was asking questions. You are frightened as well. Frightened to testify to even extreme Muslims who post on Topix. You are frightened. You can't even show your location. Just a pretentious thug pretending to be a Christian on the Internet. I gave you chance for peace due to your heart attack. You have declined that chance. Just as you always do!
Should I make a post now to Skombolis like I had said would?
Are you ready to repent now?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."
Have a good weekend,
Fits Red Apples to a tee! Twelve months on and he still refuses to repent with the godly sorrow that leads to salvation. Still thinks slander is hilarious. still like to think posters getting angry at computers is hilarious. That's why he causes trouble. A great delight to him.
Not in support of skombolis? What about peace for the number one troublemaker? It's what you said!
Now then Tic Tic. If you had been wise then you would have stayed out of it. You would have left it between me and Mr. Beads. Less trouble in the topic then! When you jump in I'll answer you!
Tell me something. What about Christine's peace? She made a caring post to Senecus and what did Mr. Worry beads do?
I believe she a perfect right to post in topic without filthy trash like Skombolis causing trouble. The same trouble bbeing given to Lil Whispers, Cherianne, Blindman n The bleachers, Rider on The storm, and the next poster he targets to practice and teach his chosen way of slander.
Have you got a better clue now or are still a broken bulb in the box that needs repairing?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can should do as your heart tells you. I have no problem with it.
For myself, Jesus admonition to to pray and do good in secrect is paramount except when it is impossible to do so.
Perhaps since He said that whcih is asked in secret is granted, perhaps the effectiveness is diminished by not doing it in secret. Perhaps publicized pray is ,to use a common phrase, killing them with kindness.
Just a thought to emphazise the seriousness of the issue.
What if God was going to "give what is needed before you ask it" but by doing it wrong God refuse to do it.
Similar stories occur throughout the Bible (and other religions aa well) where the "right thing" is done for the "wrong reasons" with disasterous results.
REcall that Moses was denied seeing the Holy Land because he hit the rock with his staff instead of following God's instructions to just speak to make thespring flow.
Moses' was a little different case. God talked directly with him back then. He disobeyed God out of anger with his people and that is what cost him the Promised Land. He knew what he was supposed to do.
The Bible tells us that when we pray, we are praying to God through Jesus our mediator. The Holy Spirit dwelling within us helps us to pray, because we don't know how to do it properly and don't always know what to pray for. We can speak all the words we want to that seem sincere, but the Holy Spirit is going to speak what really needs to be spoken on our behalf. A sincere, earnest prayer goes a long way! I really don't think that we can get it wrong with the help that we have!

Romans 8:26-28 (KJV)
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Enjoying civil conversations, as always,
:-)
CM

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Have a good weekend,
Fits Red Apples to a tee! Twelve months on and he still refuses to repent with the godly sorrow that leads to salvation. Still thinks slander is hilarious. still like to think posters getting angry at computers is hilarious. That's why he causes trouble. A great delight to him.
Not in support of skombolis? What about peace for the number one troublemaker? It's what you said!
Now then Tic Tic. If you had been wise then you would have stayed out of it. You would have left it between me and Mr. Beads. Less trouble in the topic then! When you jump in I'll answer you!
Tell me something. What about Christine's peace? She made a caring post to Senecus and what did Mr. Worry beads do?
I believe she a perfect right to post in topic without filthy trash like Skombolis causing trouble. The same trouble bbeing given to Lil Whispers, Cherianne, Blindman n The bleachers, Rider on The storm, and the next poster he targets to practice and teach his chosen way of slander.
Have you got a better clue now or are still a broken bulb in the box that needs repairing?
TANSBATWRTS.

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Have a good weekend,
Oh, and let us not forget Titus 3:10.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
TANSBATWRTS.
What about tan bratwersts?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you pray to a God who you say doesn't exist?...
I wish I knew whether you were a common scumbag or seriously mentally ill.

I don't know whether to spit on you or shed a tear for you.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Psalms 23:1 ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" the apostle john speaking by the Spirit of God to all who will believe:)
There is nothing in the Bible written by John. The only books whom the authors are know are seven of Paul's epistles. The actual titles of the books in the oldest manuscripts are "The Gospel ACCORDING TO _____". It was common practice to give books a title that would give them authority using someone's name. Still claiming that they were written by those individuals is an even large fraud than claiming they contain anything actualaly said by them. Is thought that these Gospels were written by the followers of the Apostles/Church Leaders decades after the Apostles/Leaders were long dead.

Thus, Mark was lokely written by a group who believed Mark was the founder of their group, Matthew by another group, John, Mary, Judas, Barbabas, John etc...

The Epistles attributed to Peter and James are likewise NOT written by them.

There is a minority of Christian sects that refuse to be educated on the realities of the Bible and its history. People are free to live in ignorance. Fortunately, the mah=jority of Church leaders ARE well aware of it and freely admit the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses' was a little different case. God talked directly with him back then. He disobeyed God out of anger with his people and that is what cost him the Promised Land. He knew what he was supposed to do.
The Bible tells us that when we pray, we are praying to God through Jesus our mediator.....
On the last part, Paul says so, not Jesus nor the any of the OT.
In fact Jesus says to pray directly to God, not Him.

It goes "Our Father..." not "Dear Jesus..."

As for Moses, many Christinas claim to talk directly to God (IE: Holy Spirit and prayers) and the vast majority claim that the Bible is the perfect instructions from God. Why would it make a difference if God communicates instructions through a vision, a burning bush, a ghost or a book ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Here For Now wrote:
Psalms 23:1 ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
“Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother,
and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla!
Where the brave may live forever!”

Michael Crichton & William Wisher Jr.

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about tan bratwersts?
Sounds delicious!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes it does.
Since you seem to have ignored this one the first time around, let me repost it for you:
Do you call yourself a Christian, Shrinky?
If not, just what do you call yourself?
At the very least, if you are a follower of Jesus, you should be abiding by this verse, yet you fail miserably several times daily:
Ephesians 4:29 (KJV)
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Don't forget about this one, either:
James 1:26 (KJV)
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Have a great evening!
you received my full answer yeasterday evening,about your passages taken out of context to fit your own agenda.
Next of all
You doesn't have any spiritual or legal authority to demand answers to your questions?
next of all
I despise all legal servants of worlwide churches blind to man made doctriens and satan wicked spirit,
INSTEAD COMPLY 100% ONLY TO BIBLE,

also rent samll investigator room,and question yourself,your family,and your friends ,or your spiritual brothers,
I AM NONE,OF THOSE TO YOU

at end just kiss my a...."cyber dumb butt priest"
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds delicious!
don't lie
SOUND OR WRITTEN WORDS CAN NOT BE "sound delicious"
if someone fart on cyber space?
also according to you? SOUNDS DELICIIOUS?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As for Moses, many Christinas claim to talk directly to God (IE: Holy Spirit and prayers) and the vast majority claim that the Bible is the perfect instructions from God. Why would it make a difference if God communicates instructions through a vision, a burning bush, a ghost or a book ?
Fart

Dadeville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as far as the first part of your post goes, we both know how each other feels about Paul, Jesus, and the rest of the Bible. So, we can just leave it at that.
In the OT, God would sometimes speak directly to people, just like I could talk directly to you through the phone or over a cuppa joe. After Jesus returned to Heaven and the Holy Spirit came down, God no longer has spoken directly to anyone.
I guess the difference I was trying to make is that you were talking about a person possibly getting God's instructions wrong through prayer. I think people do feel that they are doing God's will sometimes even when they really aren't, because they misinterpreted whatever it was they received. Moses got his instructions directly from God, so there was no miscommunication. His trouble was his anger!(and that can be most every human's trouble at one time or another)
You have a good evening, and a great weekend,

CM
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
???
Have a nice day!
wrong
all passages quoted by you,or CM
are only directed to the true disciples of Christ,
also not to you,not to CM

you only abuse Bible passages,steal verses,take them out of context, to fit your own agendas,

BIBLE IS NOT WRITTEN TO UNSAVED WICKED CARNAL HUMANS,DEMENTED BLIND FANATICS,AND MANIACS OF THEIR MADE BY MAN CHURCHES,

SO?YOU ARE ALSO PART OF WORLD APOSTAZY/
just simple word APOSTATE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 730,933
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 537,426
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Catcher1 173,020
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Aura Mytha 225,729
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min petesaykekiss 117,892
Last Word + 2 23 min Tender Mercies 430
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 25 min Lovebeingnude 49
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Pegasus 259,392
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••