Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#453076 Aug 20, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is estimated that 15,000 (give or take a couple of thousand) children die of starvation related illnesses daily...one every 3.6 seconds.
Why doesn't God go to the store with them and pay their bills???
Yes...I believe that it is us "we" that are responsible for feeding those children...but when "we" fail for whatever reason...if God is going grocery shopping for you...why can't he pick up a few extra things for those children.
Why would God pay your bills...and not the bills of those children?
IMO the Bible shows us true faith is a responsibility. It is why we have the parable of the man who is likened to hiding his gifts under a bushel basket. God has blessed us with the tools, we have a responsibility to use them. We also have a responsibility to our fellow man.

If someone is out of work and refuses to even try to look for a job and collects a welfare check, they can't claim God is paying their bills IMO. In fact I believe it would be a sin. Faith in God to me means you do your best, to the best of your ability, with the tools and gifts God has given you. That is the part we can control. And then we leave all the rest we can't control up to God.

But this sense of entitlement through faith or rationalization for inaction through faith IMO is wrong. God isn't there to provide us a free ride. He is there to help us and even carry us in times of need and to always be there to love and guide us. But we have a responsibility to meet Him half-way, or whatever smaller fraction it may actually be. We have a responsibility to try to do his will which includes not wasting our gifts and helping those in need. Those that want God to do the heavy-lifting is in part why there are so many starving children in the world. Yes we should have faith in God. And IMO we ought to give Him some reasons to have faith in us.

Good post Annie

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#453077 Aug 20, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
My sentiments exactly. I do concur.
Because you are both deceitful frauds.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#453078 Aug 20, 2012
Why would I "admit" to your lies ?

Your dishonesty is only eclipsed by your stupidity.
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew,
He will either not see it or not admit it. Iím guessing not admit it.
Oh well.
Good to see you!
HFN

“Love much, trust none”

There

#453079 Aug 20, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think it's time to change your little Playbunny avatar? It's like someone wearing the same pair of panites every day for the last year and half.
A full frontal of that Avatar maybe ?

Sorry DR, I forgot. You prefer naked men.

Location hidden

#453080 Aug 20, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Say,brother,won't you loan me 5 mill so I can buy me a mansion on Rockingham Ave. in Brentwood,California? I know you took a 'lump sum'.
I doubled down on a game of roulette and lost. Well easy come, easy go!

Man, could you imagine? There actually is a movie that is really good called Empire Records where an employee in trying to save the store does that and loses. But in real life we see athletes basically do it all the time. Unbelievable so many guys can be paid just millions of dollars and be broke. And not only they have nothing to show for it, they helped nobody along the way.

If I ever came into money it would be a lock I would put it to good use. Ok..maybe I would still get that mansion on Rockingham Ave. But after that....all good use!

:()

I tried to do a smile and hit both by mistake. I decided to leave it. I may even start signing my posts like that now! LOL

Have a good one doc

“Love much, trust none”

There

#453081 Aug 20, 2012
The easy thing for people to do is just agree with everything some "authority" tells them.

One of the reasons I am not a "Chrisitan". I don't follow long dead Emperors and Popes because some "Christian" says he knows everything about God.

It is why I say what I do. It would be easier to do nothing but very wrong. I would rather have a dozen friends than ten thousand "fellow Christians".
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Deb
I actually wasn't trying to make a point so much as I thought you would enjoy them because I consider you someone who strives to live a life that would emulate the ideas expressed in the quotes. The first quote was a more eloquent version of another quote of his which is well known which is "all is takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing". There is a moral line that must be upheld. It isn't a glamorous position but that doesn't diminish the necessity of needing it filled. It is easier to do nothing. It is less stressful to do nothing. And doing nothing even provides less temptation. Which is why it is important those that toe the line lead by example. It isn't easy to do a times despite the concept being as simple as one could ask for. Love everyone, promote what is right, and speak out against what is wrong. Keep doing what you do my friend.
(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

#453082 Aug 20, 2012
Better to light a single canle than curse the darkness, eh ?

<smile>
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO the Bible shows us true faith is a responsibility. It is why we have the parable of the man who is likened to hiding his gifts under a bushel basket. God has blessed us with the tools, we have a responsibility to use them. We also have a responsibility to our fellow man.
If someone is out of work and refuses to even try to look for a job and collects a welfare check, they can't claim God is paying their bills IMO. In fact I believe it would be a sin. Faith in God to me means you do your best, to the best of your ability, with the tools and gifts God has given you. That is the part we can control. And then we leave all the rest we can't control up to God.
But this sense of entitlement through faith or rationalization for inaction through faith IMO is wrong. God isn't there to provide us a free ride. He is there to help us and even carry us in times of need and to always be there to love and guide us. But we have a responsibility to meet Him half-way, or whatever smaller fraction it may actually be. We have a responsibility to try to do his will which includes not wasting our gifts and helping those in need. Those that want God to do the heavy-lifting is in part why there are so many starving children in the world. Yes we should have faith in God. And IMO we ought to give Him some reasons to have faith in us.
Good post Annie
(T) Peace

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#453083 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO

Location hidden

#453084 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do nothing at all ?
Does God pay your bills and go to the store for you ?
Just don't get food and wait for Jesus to bring you a meal ?
OK, you have the right to choose to die if you want.
It was also said God sent the boats. I guess people want God to send the boats, carry them into them, and do the rowing.

It is like someone saying they don't need to repent their sins because doing so would mean they think their actions are more important than God's. It is a twisting of faith using hyperbole and rationalizations so someone can simply placate themselves with the belief it is ok to do nothing.

James 1:22-25
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.[For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing

Location hidden

#453085 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
The easy thing for people to do is just agree with everything some "authority" tells them.
Those weren't religious quotes, they were quotes about loving one another and not allowing evil to flourish by doing nothing. If you become so focused on challenging Christianity that you lose sight of the unquestionable truth behind those quotes then what have you accomplished? Do you want to oppose Christianity so much that you would take issue with things like the following?

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Sure some Christians don't always do what they are supposed to. Do you? As the sole representative for your belief system, do you live it to perfection? It is easier to have one's own belief system because nobody can call them on it since they make their own rules but what have you done where you think your moral pedestal eclipses all of Christianity?

Location hidden

#453086 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Better to light a single canle than curse the darkness, eh ?
<smile>
<quoted text>
Indeed

(T) Peace
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#453087 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
HE ALWAYS talk about male parts,and homsoexuality,
it look like,he delight in this type of dreams, to have in his bed nacked man

this is shame even to mention loud this 21 century global immoral perversion,their life styles is their private business.
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#453088 Aug 20, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It was also said God sent the boats. I guess people want God to send the boats, carry them into them, and do the rowing.
It is like someone saying they don't need to repent their sins because doing so would mean they think their actions are more important than God's. It is a twisting of faith using hyperbole and rationalizations so someone can simply placate themselves with the belief it is ok to do nothing.
James 1:22-25
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.[For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing
apply at first james 1;22-25 to yourself
you demented cyber liar and hipocrite,using Biblical passages to bite others,
pfuj on your'calm"and "sweet" snake bites of others,

you mister have not one ounze descency and own dignity,
I know you very good, to your deep inside wicked and evil perverted mind
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#453089 Aug 20, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
tell everyone who are you,you sick liar dr reality under clown avatar
how many monikers you got,hiding your liying a... before everybody
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453090 Aug 20, 2012
Without faith it is impossible to please Him;for he that cometh to God must beleive that He is and that His is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453091 Aug 20, 2012
Shew me thy faith without thy works and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:18
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453092 Aug 20, 2012
If a brother or sister be naked; and destitute of daily food and one of you say unto them.Depart in peace,be ye warmed and filled;notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body.
James 2:15&16
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453093 Aug 20, 2012
But wilt thou know O vain man that faith without works is dead.For as the body without the spirit is dead so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:20-26
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453094 Aug 20, 2012
And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself even as He is pure.
1 John 3:3
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#453095 Aug 20, 2012
For we are made partakers of Christ If we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.
Hebrews 3:14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 559,808
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Catcher1 776,207
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min lovewithin 39,355
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 265,263
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 19 min Ugly Truth from d... 16,456
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 96,771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 47 min WasteWater 5,122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,724
More from around the web