mike

AOL

#449732 Aug 5, 2012
What happen to all of the delusional troops(professing christians)?
Marx ist Gott

Montgomery, PA

#449733 Aug 5, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
Ich bin keine Jude
mein Father war ...ss soldat
und du bist grosse ostliche comunistische Scheisse,mit keine Inteligenz
deine Mutter is Tod, der Zeit deines Geburstag.Sie hat grosse Scheisse und Witze gesehen,und sofort sterben
Marx ist deine Gott,and du bist bescheuer,beklopte Dumkopf
aww, verpasste jemand ihren Mittagsschlaf. Denken Sie daran ... Ihr Vater ist in der Hölle schreien bis auf dich und er ist so stolz auf seine kleine Hitler Jugend.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#449734 Aug 5, 2012
An oldie but a goodie

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a
battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son,
The battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment
Inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope,
serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,
empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute
and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Location hidden

#449735 Aug 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...sometimes we have to walk away from some people. Sometimes that is the best that you can do for not only yourself but for the other person. I had to do that once...many years ago...but I knew that was the only way that I could forgive and not end up hating.
We can not control what other people do...we are only in control of our own actions...whether someone else "repents" is out of your hands. Whether one repents or not should not affect what you do. Forgiveness is a solo act...IMO.
If you wait for someone to "repent"...you could be waiting a long time to forgive.
I agree. And you were correct earlier when you quoted Jesus Matthew 6:14-15 saying to forgive others to have the father forgive us. But it got me thinking and it raises an interesting question. Is it really forgiveness if we make it conditional? In other words is requiring proof of repentance or an apology or whatnot something that essentially invalidates the act of forgiving. It would seem at bare minimum requiring something from the other person would be failing to be obedient:

Luke 6:27
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

But I couldn't find anything directly on point as to whether it even counts as forgiveness if an apology or repentance is required. Although stands to reason not everybody is going to so at bare minimum someone would still have Matthew 6:14-15 to deal with.

I notice you mentioned having to get away from someone. I think the two things that aid a great deal in forgiving are time and space.

JMO

(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#449736 Aug 5, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Doc,
sorry I missed that post you made to me. I have only just noticed it.
I don't know if Micah is gone or not. He made an Internet hobby of posting against Salvation. Posting against Christ. Why does God allow some to go in the opposite direction. God allowed Micah to be consumed by lies about Christ, the Apostles and salvation itself.
So there had to be something seriously wrong between God and Micah. He was full of hatred towards Christ and quite venomous.
If he has died then did he make his peace with God? Who knows? Many posters were praying for him. Loving the enemy in the best way they could.
God allowed him to be consumed by lies about our Saviour, so what was really truthful about Micah? Who knows?
Unlike some, I can't make a hero of Micah. It seems odd to me that some are impressed with the Micah's of this world but not impressed with Christ who is infinitely greater.
It is a bit of an experience posting on Topix. Isn't it?
May God bless you. Have a nice day.
I was so impressed with this post that I had to respond to it again. Well,John,there are some people who are so hardened in their hearts and spirits against the Lord Jesus Christ that not even a dying,terminally ill body is enough sometimes to turn them to the Lord in their final moments. I have read news story where this person in prison said in his final moments 'There is no god but god and Mohammed is his messenger!',and I thought to myself 'Oh my God,how tragic. Another person rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ even until the very end.' It's such a horrible horrible thing to see how much the devil has fooled many of our fellow human beings into rejecting their only 'Hope' after death. The world just doesn't understand that the Sacrifice that the Lord Jesus Christ made for mankind is far far more precious than all of the silver,gold,diamonds,platinum, etc etc etc..in all the world. How HORRIBLE it's going to be for all of the damned from throughout the ages when they stand together before the Throne of the Holy One who gave His life for them upon the Holy Cross of Calvary! What a dreadful day that will be! Will the King of Glory rise from His Throne to show the damned the Nailprints in His palms and on His feet??! Oh my that will a terrible day that will be for all who rejected Christ the King!
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#449737 Aug 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Well,John,there are many people in the world who are 'consumed' with hate towards God because of something that has happened,either in their world,or the world itself. Example: There are people who are 'consumed' with hate towards God because they have inoperable cancer(But is that cancer GOD'S faul?. Noooo!! But many times they hate God because they feel like He could have prevented it,and He didn't. And Satan craves for people to hate God. That's when his kingdom of spiritual darkness does some of it's best work) Some people feel 'hate' towards God because of a personal family tragedy. And there's no need to go into detail,because we already know that the world is full of evil people. There are people who feel 'hate' towards God for letting September 11,2001 happen. Well you know WHAT??!! A lot of those people need to GROW UP and WISE UP and do a REAL 'investigation' into WHY September 11th,as well as other acts of evil have happened. And when you 'investigate' those facts,you will see that disasters,such as September 11th,have happened because of sinful humanity and,many times,their hatred for one another. And the worst part of these deadly conflicts between certain groups and nations is that there are always innocent victims caught up in these conflicts. Well you want to know ANOTHER 'innocent victim' who got caught up in the conflicts of sinful,evil,wicked human beings?? The Lord Jesus Christ Himself. None of us can hardly imagine what must have been going through the heart and mind of God the Father as He watched from heaven while His Precious,Holy Son was down here on earth being laughed at,cursed at,mocked,ridiculed,spat upon....and,eventually,...Cruc ified for a world that had rejected Him. Did the Father watch from heaven,burning with a desire to...intervene,though He knew He couldn't?? You know what?? He didn't want to 'intervene' because it knew the work He sent His Son to earth to do had to be done...or else NONE OF US would be forgiven of our sins,and NONE OF US would have a chance to know the glorious REALITY of living forever in heaven with the Eternal Shekinah Glory of the endless universe. And,see,one thing that Satan knows about the affairs of mankind is that there are some things that God CAN'T intervene in. And Satan is counting on humanity's reactions to those occasions as a means of hoping they will become so angry at God that they will turn against Him,and curse Him. But you know what? God isn't just an Eternal God,He's not just an Almighty God.....He's an understanding and LOVING God who knows that there are some things in life that a very hard to bear sometimes. He knows that. But that doesn't mean that we can curse and blaspheme God because of our afflictions. God has a 'limit' on how much He will allow. Who wants to....'test' Him?? It would be very unwise to do so. But,at the same time,He will see us through our darkest hours if we will allow Him to. And sometimes that may mean that when that 'dark hour' is done,you will be with Him,and not this current world. Just keepin' it REAL.
Again,I'm just keepin' it REAL.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#449738 Aug 5, 2012
Hey Friends, I just received an email from John "Red Apples" he said he received my email and postcard and wanted me to know he suffered a severe heart attack June 23d -- he is in rehab and doing as well as he can and fully intends to make a full recovery --

For those who wish to pray for John and send well wishes I'm sure he will look in when he's able -- TLC - Judy

Location hidden

#449739 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Hey Friends, I just received an email from John "Red Apples" he said he received my email and postcard and wanted me to know he suffered a severe heart attack June 23d -- he is in rehab and doing as well as he can and fully intends to make a full recovery --
For those who wish to pray for John and send well wishes I'm sure he will look in when he's able -- TLC - Judy
That stinks other than he plans on making a full recovery. I spoke to a couple people and of course during his absence said we hope it wasn't due to anything seriousness and he was just taking a break but I really thought it was much more likely he was just taking a break. I don't know why. I guess bad news always seems to come when you aren't expecting it, the phone call in the middle of the night and whatnot, so that when actually thinking about it the chances for some reason seem lower. That sucks it was one of the worst case scenarios. If he doesn't have time or the strength to be reading along he may not read back pages. Just in case please let him know by email that I am pulling for him and glad to hear he's determined to get back to fighting strength.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449740 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
An oldie but a goodie
TWO WOLVES
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a
battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son,
The battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment
Inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope,
serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,
empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute
and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
I have read this often...good words to consider.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#449741 Aug 5, 2012
There is only one God and there are many prophets.

Jesus even says so in the Bible.

Why do you hate Muslim ? Is it because they believe in Jesus and the Bible ?

Did you know Jesus is mentioned in the Quran more times than Muhammad ?

Did you know that Mary (Jesus' mother) is mentioned more times in the Quran than in the Bible ?

The only thing Islam and Christianity disagree on is Pauline dogma and doctrine.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449742 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And you were correct earlier when you quoted Jesus Matthew 6:14-15 saying to forgive others to have the father forgive us. But it got me thinking and it raises an interesting question. Is it really forgiveness if we make it conditional? In other words is requiring proof of repentance or an apology or whatnot something that essentially invalidates the act of forgiving. It would seem at bare minimum requiring something from the other person would be failing to be obedient:
Luke 6:27
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
But I couldn't find anything directly on point as to whether it even counts as forgiveness if an apology or repentance is required. Although stands to reason not everybody is going to so at bare minimum someone would still have Matthew 6:14-15 to deal with.
I notice you mentioned having to get away from someone. I think the two things that aid a great deal in forgiving are time and space.
JMO
(T) Peace
IMO only and from what I understand of scripture pertaining to forgiveness...

An apology or someone asking for forgiveness always feels good...kind of like a step in healing of wounds. Just an acknowledgment that someone treated you wrongly goes a long way. However, receiving an apology is more for yourself...your ego...hurt feelings...pride.

The person that has committed the wrong and doesn't rectify it...that is their cross to bear. Just as not forgiving is that persons cross to bear...according to scripture.

In a not so perfect world...it is sometime difficult to do...in some instances...it is almost impossible.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#449743 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Please send him my best wishes for his recovery.
mike

AOL

#449744 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
An attempt to bring the thread back to it's comfort zone?

Out of the blue, you get some heart felt news.

Let's see if it works!
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#449745 Aug 5, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about Micah then. Shall we Doc? This is what came to my mind earlier.
I tend to think Micah's cancer was genuine.
He read the Bible. He would have read about Jesus healing the sick. He would have read about Jesus suffering on the crosss. Right?
So if Jesus really suffered on the cross and is risen then how come he didn't understand Micah suffering with his cancer? Why didn't Jesus heal him? Where was his compassion? Surely he would heal him if knew what it was like to suffer?
So Micah may have decided he knew more about suffering than Jesus, and decided that he didn't need Jesus. He may have decided he knew more about love than Jesus. He may grown to regard Christ as a fake. That would explain his hatred. Wouldn't it?
You know what,John? If I went to the hospital tomorrow and they told me that I had inoperable cancer,well,of course I wouldn't be 'happy'. But would I be angry at God??! As Billy Graham always says,'Let me ask you a question': What good would it do to be angry at God,hostile towards Almighty God??! How many lives will you hurt and try to ruin while being angry AT God?! Will it get you anywhere?? Who is man that God is mindful of him? If I'm ever in that position,I pray that my focus will remain on God's love for me and the heaven that awaits me one day. But,I must tell you,I would never want to be in the position that Job was in.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#449746 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Very sorry to read of this, but knowing a little something of these things(had an attack meself back in March) had a hunch and queasy sense something was hindering his posting. Granted , we all take breaks but he usually always would post about the ball games if shouted out to about them(As Steve had to him).

Give him mine(our) well wishes for a speedy recovery Judy, thanks...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#449747 Aug 5, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
just do this in your private life, stop teaching others,at first clean your own life,stop mocking,pretending holy,righteouess,because your earthly life is full of immoral filth,and disguist
rather i own you, and always encourage you to drink prepared by me cup of truth,hurting your wicked heart and miserable unsaved carnal wicked life, insulting and mocking your own past brothres, conspiring riots with atheists under their churches,and congregations
now go to your hell
And you wrote:
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE FULLY RIGHT
Senecus is highly respectful and respected poster I ever meet on the internet
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Thank you, thank you so much for the kind words in your post as Dr. Shrink- I'll ALWAYS remember them and remind you of them each post you send my way.

A nice gift;)
mike

AOL

#449748 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Predictable!

Let's see if your effort pays off, we'll see if the troops come out on this one.

Why not give the hospital, or home address?

I'm sure he is looking in as we speak.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449749 Aug 5, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>An attempt to bring the thread back to it's comfort zone?
Out of the blue, you get some heart felt news.
Let's see if it works!
I am curious Mike. Do you think that if you insult these people enough that they will give up their faith...change their ways...stop them from posting?

Why would anyone give up anything for an anonymous poster on some internet forum?

Or did you just set out to irritate the hell out of everyone?

I guess that if you are having fun...you do it though at the expense of others...or at least you are trying to.

I don't see you as some bad guy...just a little screwed up in your thinking.

:-)

You need a hobby...one that will keep you busy! LOL
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#449750 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks other than he plans on making a full recovery. I spoke to a couple people and of course during his absence said we hope it wasn't due to anything seriousness and he was just taking a break but I really thought it was much more likely he was just taking a break. I don't know why. I guess bad news always seems to come when you aren't expecting it, the phone call in the middle of the night and whatnot, so that when actually thinking about it the chances for some reason seem lower. That sucks it was one of the worst case scenarios. If he doesn't have time or the strength to be reading along he may not read back pages. Just in case please let him know by email that I am pulling for him and glad to hear he's determined to get back to fighting strength.
Hi,Skom. Skom,is Micah...'gone'?
mike

AOL

#449751 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have t-mail, why not leave "red-aps a t-mail?.
I forgot you wanna-be christians are "actors".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 738,925
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Patty Fontaine 259,274
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min confrinting with ... 542,176
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Thinking 227,436
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 4,215
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 18 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,092
Word association game (Aug '08) 23 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,306
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min Lyndi 173,662
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,230
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••