|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

_STUPID_ wrote:
<quoted text>Imitation is the highest form of flattery, your fraudian slip is showing. HEHE
But mocking isn't. You don't seem to realize the difference

And what are you saying was the Freudian slip in that paragraph? I know it is kind of funny to say someone's Freudian slip in showing when they have made a Freudian slip but I didn't see one. What did you think was one?

I am starting to see why you picked your name! But don't ever feel you can't be fixed.

:)

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What up DF?
Agh, not much. That side?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH. More poeple are killed by speeding automoblies per year than guns in a decade.

Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar and candy. More people die from obesity related disease every year than killed by firearms in a decade.

Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol. More crimes and deaths are directly caused by alcohol consumption than any substance or object known to mankind, including heroin and cocaine.

Note that in 70 years, a legaly owned machine gun has only been involved in two crimes. Thus the argument for an UZI is that it is extremely safe and its use in a crime is zero.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a law-abiding citizen need an uzi for?
The ability to have a gun to prevent government takeover or British (any country) invasion are long gone. We have smart bombs planes can drop through chimneys at hundreds of miles up. The argument we need guns to protect ourselves is nonsense, all due respect. And a family member is much more likely to be killed in a house that has a gun than a criminal. Not to mention the criminal gets the guns much more easily because guns are legal. All one has to do is look at the murder rates is places like Canada that doesn't allow guns.
Now i am not saying get rid of all guns. It they want to make it legal to have shotguns that is more than sufficient for hunting or home protection. They are shorter ranger and way less likely to kill someone by accident. They can also be loaded with non-lethal ammunition. And very hard to conceal. Things like Wacco Texas never happen and 90% of the murders in this country don't happen.
Tell me one good reason a citizen should be allowed an uzi? And not just "it's a free country" because under that logic a citizen should be allowed a bomber airplane. I am sincerely curious )if you believe they should have the right to) what reason would justify a citizen having one in your opinion.
Peace

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH.
Because men like speed.
G_O_D wrote:
Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar
Because my coffee tastes horrible without it.
G_O_D wrote:
and candy.
To soften a woman's heart.
G_O_D wrote:
Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol.
Because sometimes, when you think of your dearest ex leaving you, the only thing you can do is get shitfaced pissing drunk.

How are you, amigo?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Funny!
I need proof animals sin, but you have no proof animals don't sin.
I say animals aren't capable of sinning and you reply by saying i made that up and you need proof they DO sin? And it is my opinion animals don't require the requisite intellect or free-will to the extent needed to engage in deliberate sin. If you believe otherwise since you know both what sins are and what animals are, please explain to me why you would have a problem with my saying animals are not capable of sinning? Clearly you must think they are. Why?
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to there being a GOD, would you know if a GOD communicates with animals, it has been known animals do unpredictable things. Do all things obey a GOD, except for people?
I don't know. Next times me, God, and a bunch of talking animals get together I will let you know. My next scheduled trip to Narnia isn't for a few more years and I didn't think to ask last time:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH. More poeple are killed by speeding automoblies per year than guns in a decade.
Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar and candy. More people die from obesity related disease every year than killed by firearms in a decade.
Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol. More crimes and deaths are directly caused by alcohol consumption than any substance or object known to mankind, including heroin and cocaine.
Note that in 70 years, a legaly owned machine gun has only been involved in two crimes. Thus the argument for an UZI is that it is extremely safe and its use in a crime is zero.
<quoted text>
So your argument that people already are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things so having lethal stupid and lethal things should be acceptable?

I used an uzi as an extreme example. most people don't carry Uzi's. Change it to automatic weapon then and your stats turn into a blood bath.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Agh, not much. That side?
One side always has to be:)

Good to see ya

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Because men like speed.
<quoted text>
Because my coffee tastes horrible without it.
<quoted text>
To soften a woman's heart.
<quoted text>
Because sometimes, when you think of your dearest ex leaving you, the only thing you can do is get shitfaced pissing drunk.
How are you, amigo?
And all those should be left to the individual to do responsibly without government interference.
Take it over the line and pay the price.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument that people already are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things so having lethal stupid and lethal things should be acceptable?
I used an uzi as an extreme example. most people don't carry Uzi's. Change it to automatic weapon then and your stats turn into a blood bath.
Nope.
Legal automatic weapons have bene used in a crime only twice in 70 years. All the ones in hte hands of criminals are illegaly manufactured or smuggled into the country (AK-47s are about $50 on the black market everywhere but the USA).

Anyway, I have researched the matter and I will extend Jesus' advice to modern state of the art weapons:

"If you do not have a sword, sell your coat and buy one."

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You were raised by wild monkeys,weren't you?
Wow!
That would make y'all siblings then, wouldn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Legal automatic weapons have bene used in a crime only twice in 70 years. All the ones in hte hands of criminals are illegaly manufactured or smuggled into the country (AK-47s are about $50 on the black market everywhere but the USA).
Anyway, I have researched the matter and I will extend Jesus' advice to modern state of the art weapons:
"If you do not have a sword, sell your coat and buy one."
That is kind of convenient the same number of people killed by uzis are the same number killed by legal automatic weapons?

Please provide stats and links to support this.

But the guns would become readily available to sell illegally if they weren't legal.

I can provide you stats that show According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, about 650 people die annually by accidental shootings. Those are mostly legal guns I'd presume.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_are...

Arthur Kellerman Study showed you are 43x more likely to kill a family member than an intruder with a gun in the house
www.americanfirearms.org/downloads/family_hom...

I can't find statistics that differentiate between legal gun ownership and illegal when it comes to killings so please link your sources so i can check them out. Thanks.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
this is very funny
calling by Senecus and G_0_D "healthy discussion" INSULTING YOU,MOCKING YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS-FAITH,PROMOTING VIOLANCE,GUNS ETC...
THOSE 2 VILE WICKED GODLESS POSTERS ARE JUST SO BLIND,NOT SEEING THAT THEY INSULTED ,SCOOFED,AND MOCKED YOU AND YOU PEACEFUL POSTS-
AND THEY CALL THIS "HEALTHY DISCUSSION"
HA HA HA HA
be madam blessed always by God
and never forgete children of satan kingdom,never are CHILDREN OF GOD
You high priest of evil spirits.You are possessed by the devil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Edit G:

I said

"But the guns would become readily available to sell illegally if they weren't legal."

Meant to say because they are legal. It would be way harder for criminals to gets guns if guns weren't legal.

But limiting guns to shotguns other than for law enforcement woulds drastically reduce accidental deaths, murders, etc.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is kind of convenient the same number of people killed by uzis are the same number killed by legal automatic weapons?
Please provide stats and links to support this.
But the guns would become readily available to sell illegally if they weren't legal.
I can provide you stats that show According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, about 650 people die annually by accidental shootings. Those are mostly legal guns I'd presume.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_are...
Arthur Kellerman Study showed you are 43x more likely to kill a family member than an intruder with a gun in the house
www.americanfirearms.org/downloads/family_hom...
I can't find statistics that differentiate between legal gun ownership and illegal when it comes to killings so please link your sources so i can check them out. Thanks.
You're arguement was about automatic weapons, not all guns.
FBI records indicat ethat onlt two legallyowned automatic weapons were ever used in a crime since they began federally regulating them in the 1930's.

You are not knowledgeable in firearms (as most aren;t) and confusing automatic with semiautomatic firearms.

An semi-automatic AK-47 is not the same as an automatic AK-47.

Like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.

Anyway, Jesus to car a good weapon. I am not argueing any further.
Don't like guns then don't have a gun. Easy . <smile>
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Why should Jesus love me? Dr Shrink don't know what this question means. He comes every day on this thread, to bash others.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Why should Jesus love me? Dr Shrink don't know what this question means. He comes every day on this thread, to bash others.
He does a good job cutting my grass and I pay him well, but I doubt he loves me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

I would also add to the argument that if guns were illegal, just the criminals would have them and then people couldn't protect themselves is not really a valid argument IMO because most murders or shootings take place outside of the home. And IMO it is not like suddenly all these people will now be killed because when attacked by a criminal in the street they didn't have their own gun to protect themselves because generally the advantage goes to whoever has their gun out first so how often is someone able to use a legal gun being carried legally able to defend themselves from an armed attack? How common is it to hear about someone with a legal gun they were carrying fending off an armed robbery or attempted murder? Way, way less I am sure than just the people killed accidentally let alone all the guns that came in legally but were then sold, stolen, or obtained illegally. And inside the home we already know someone is 43 times more likely to kill a family member.

And how many people might resort to using a gun and shooting someone, like in a road rage situation, where if they didn't have the option the situation doesn't escalate? How many times does a family member resort to shooting another because a gun was in the house? And one of the first things criminals do when robbing a convenience store or home is steal the person's gun, thus putting what was a legal firearm onto the streets as an illegal one.

And my guess would be the 43x more likely to kill a family member would go down drastically if we eliminated the accidental shootings. With a shotgun it is easy to keep unloaded and to know it is unloaded. How many times has a kid been killed screwing around with a gun he found that had a bullet in the chamber? And it is darn-near impossible to accidentally shoot yourself with a shotgun than a handgun.

And semi-automatic weapons are easily converted to illegal automatic ones. Criminals would have a much harder time trying to conceal even a sawed-off shotgun than a handgun. But again, shotguns for in the home or hunting...fine. And if it is being transported to the hunting site I believe there are already rules like it has to be in the trunk and unloaded.

But definitely semi-automatic weapons have no business being legal IMO. For what purpose?
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>He does a good job cutting my grass and I pay him well, but I doubt he loves me.
A man that lives his life playing game, premeditated games, a man that is so empty that all he can do is playing games... a man who's a parasite, a man who lives his li...fe on sucking off other people's lives forcing their energy.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

This goes to Dr Shrink, an&#65279; old man who likes to live carelessly through young people and suck up all their lives, cause he has none of his own..A man who uses you and uses Jesus,&#65279; and uses eerybody to fulfill his parasitic needs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You're arguement was about automatic weapons, not all guns.
FBI records indicat ethat onlt two legallyowned automatic weapons were ever used in a crime since they began federally regulating them in the 1930's.
You are not knowledgeable in firearms (as most aren;t) and confusing automatic with semiautomatic firearms.
An semi-automatic AK-47 is not the same as an automatic AK-47.
Like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.
Anyway, Jesus to car a good weapon. I am not argueing any further.
Don't like guns then don't have a gun. Easy . <smile>
Ok change it to semi-automatic, which many people just convert illegally. But automatic weapons are legal which I think is absurd. Semi-automatic weapons are legal which I think is absurd. Handguns that have 30 bullet clips are legal which I think is absurd.

What legal activity does someone need something like that for that justifies the potential risk to society?

I don't need to know the intricacies of every gun to know the general basics which are there simply is little to no justification for them being available to the general public.

Like I said, shotguns for home protection (at least it would drastically reduce accidental home shootings although even if it went from 43:1 to 10:1 or 5:1 that I would kill a family member I still wouldn't have one as those odds still make it crazy to me to have one in the house unless one lives alone or there are no kids in the house) or for hunting is fine. But anything more than that is just unnecessary, dangerous, and reckless IMO.

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 426,361 - 426,380 of596,443
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

655 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 7 min igi 1,352
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min wilderide 89,372
Frankfort Free Items on Facebook 8 min kandikisses44 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Dang It 109,344
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 511,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min who 250,257
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min andet1987 3,299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min wilderide 679,162
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Divinity Surgeon 216,251
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
•••
•••
•••