“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#438872 Jun 4, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Make things simple and have an open conversation with a GOD for all to hear?
I will agree, a relationship with a GOD is personal.
What you are asking me to do, is pretend a GOD is real.
If a GOD is the essence of life, why must we search for the creator, if there is a creator?
You as well as others, never are able to show a GOD, you all just talk of a GOD.
If I said to you "Mike God loves you." you would have a problem believing that, right ?
So instead I say "Mike, the Universe is amazing, enjoy the ride." You would be OK with that, right ?

Note that Jesus is much like you and me:

“Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man,‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say,‘Get up, take your mat and walk’?
But I want you to know that any righteous man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man,“I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying,“We have never seen anything like this!”
whinner

Chicago, IL

#438874 Jun 4, 2012
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a threat and reported.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, whats he going to do, slip into your house and scripture you to death. You drama queen poof. Sissy.
whinner

Chicago, IL

#438875 Jun 4, 2012
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the other poster, too?
And really?
"Try that with a cow."
Ever try to milk an apple?
She's a troll. She was buddies with WAAT.
whinner

Chicago, IL

#438876 Jun 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can eat the reproductive parts of an apple, dig a hole in the yard, take a dump and have another apple tree next year.
Try that with a cow.
You cannot eat any fruit from that apple tree, but you can eat that year old calf. Whats your point? You gonna starve while we eat beef.

“If you can't beat um join um”

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#438877 Jun 4, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
sorry
suppose to be NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH-
my problem is,that I use one hand to type my posts,
have good night all of you
That's not your problem........just sayin.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#438878 Jun 4, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
<smiles> Serah, God's provisions are sufficient - so "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"
(big smile)
<quoted text>
For the sake of those scrappy Outbackers, I pray the law gets overturned:)
Now again, seriously, what in the name of General George Washington does it do to tie the hands of the law abiding-only to have the criminals,the ones you'd like to see NOT have weapons, be the only ones to obtain them? The law is impotent.
Hope they issued the populace some nice Kevlar jackets:)
What does a law-abiding citizen need an uzi for?

The ability to have a gun to prevent government takeover or British (any country) invasion are long gone. We have smart bombs planes can drop through chimneys at hundreds of miles up. The argument we need guns to protect ourselves is nonsense, all due respect. And a family member is much more likely to be killed in a house that has a gun than a criminal. Not to mention the criminal gets the guns much more easily because guns are legal. All one has to do is look at the murder rates is places like Canada that doesn't allow guns.

Now i am not saying get rid of all guns. It they want to make it legal to have shotguns that is more than sufficient for hunting or home protection. They are shorter ranger and way less likely to kill someone by accident. They can also be loaded with non-lethal ammunition. And very hard to conceal. Things like Wacco Texas never happen and 90% of the murders in this country don't happen.

Tell me one good reason a citizen should be allowed an uzi? And not just "it's a free country" because under that logic a citizen should be allowed a bomber airplane. I am sincerely curious )if you believe they should have the right to) what reason would justify a citizen having one in your opinion.

Peace

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#438879 Jun 4, 2012
whinner wrote:
<quoted text>OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, whats he going to do, slip into your house and scripture you to death. You drama queen poof. Sissy.
You have NO sense of humor. Typical...lol

Location hidden

#438880 Jun 4, 2012
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an ex-Christian, and have none of the problems you've mentioned in this post. Of course, I've never tried to convert anyone to my beliefs; sure have had a lot try to convert me back though, even to study with the JWs again, and a couple try to convince me to become a Muslim. Not quite sure what the heck I'd do with 72 virgin males after I die...LOL.
Not all ex-Christians are as you have described; in fact, most aren't. Most are quite happy with where we are on our path as seekers of truth. I, myself, see the journey as the destination and am quite comfortable with so many unknowns in this life. Please don't allow the few radicals out there of any particular ideology bias your opinion of the whole group. It would be like my saying that Christians are dangerous, militants based on the likes of Tim McVeigh, the shooter in Norway that hated Muslims, and the guy that shot up the Unitarian Church because he thought they were too liberal.
For some reason, Topix seems to draw a lot of extremist view points. Perhaps it's the anonimity factor and most are just venting, or maybe trolling. I'd certainly hate to think most of the fundamentalist, extreme views are completely serious...
Peace to you...
I have many friends who have left the faith. Well, as close as one can get on Topix, but some dating back to when I first started posting on Why I Am No Longer A Christian that I have a lot of respect for. While I appreciate you reaching out I try not to ever judge groups of any types of people. And I agree Topix tends to attract the more extremist position, from both sides i might add.

I have always said for me, even though I can't picture leaving the faith ever, if I ever did I would look back on it fondly as it played pivotal roles in my life and brought me a lot of comfort. I really don't understand why so many on Topix treat the faith as an enemy when they leave. I understand protecting ones "home turf" so-to-speak and if some Christian wants to go around starting trouble then have at them. But why people seek out this room to argue daily confuses me when it seems like they would be happier if the actually did leave it behind them.

But Mike is a different kind of a guy regardless of his anti-religious beliefs. I think it simply gives him a focus for his rage. But again I appreciate you reaching out. I have always assumed in life many leave the faith with no malice and assumed Topix attracts those who don't. But it is nice to talk to someone on Topix who has left the faith and whose number one agenda isn't trying to bash it. I know some people will say their motivation is to examine or question it not bash it but that may have been the goal when it started, thanks to the Topix bottom-basement discourse normally available, that stopped being the case a long time ago IMO. Anyway, I am rambling but really just wanted to say Thank You.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#438881 Jun 4, 2012
_STUPID_ wrote:
<quoted text>Imitation is the highest form of flattery, your fraudian slip is showing. HEHE
But mocking isn't. You don't seem to realize the difference

And what are you saying was the Freudian slip in that paragraph? I know it is kind of funny to say someone's Freudian slip in showing when they have made a Freudian slip but I didn't see one. What did you think was one?

I am starting to see why you picked your name! But don't ever feel you can't be fixed.

:)

“There's a feeling I get...”

...when I look to the West

#438882 Jun 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What up DF?
Agh, not much. That side?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438883 Jun 4, 2012
Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH. More poeple are killed by speeding automoblies per year than guns in a decade.

Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar and candy. More people die from obesity related disease every year than killed by firearms in a decade.

Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol. More crimes and deaths are directly caused by alcohol consumption than any substance or object known to mankind, including heroin and cocaine.

Note that in 70 years, a legaly owned machine gun has only been involved in two crimes. Thus the argument for an UZI is that it is extremely safe and its use in a crime is zero.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a law-abiding citizen need an uzi for?
The ability to have a gun to prevent government takeover or British (any country) invasion are long gone. We have smart bombs planes can drop through chimneys at hundreds of miles up. The argument we need guns to protect ourselves is nonsense, all due respect. And a family member is much more likely to be killed in a house that has a gun than a criminal. Not to mention the criminal gets the guns much more easily because guns are legal. All one has to do is look at the murder rates is places like Canada that doesn't allow guns.
Now i am not saying get rid of all guns. It they want to make it legal to have shotguns that is more than sufficient for hunting or home protection. They are shorter ranger and way less likely to kill someone by accident. They can also be loaded with non-lethal ammunition. And very hard to conceal. Things like Wacco Texas never happen and 90% of the murders in this country don't happen.
Tell me one good reason a citizen should be allowed an uzi? And not just "it's a free country" because under that logic a citizen should be allowed a bomber airplane. I am sincerely curious )if you believe they should have the right to) what reason would justify a citizen having one in your opinion.
Peace

“There's a feeling I get...”

...when I look to the West

#438884 Jun 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH.
Because men like speed.
G_O_D wrote:
Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar
Because my coffee tastes horrible without it.
G_O_D wrote:
and candy.
To soften a woman's heart.
G_O_D wrote:
Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol.
Because sometimes, when you think of your dearest ex leaving you, the only thing you can do is get shitfaced pissing drunk.

How are you, amigo?

Location hidden

#438885 Jun 4, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Funny!
I need proof animals sin, but you have no proof animals don't sin.
I say animals aren't capable of sinning and you reply by saying i made that up and you need proof they DO sin? And it is my opinion animals don't require the requisite intellect or free-will to the extent needed to engage in deliberate sin. If you believe otherwise since you know both what sins are and what animals are, please explain to me why you would have a problem with my saying animals are not capable of sinning? Clearly you must think they are. Why?
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to there being a GOD, would you know if a GOD communicates with animals, it has been known animals do unpredictable things. Do all things obey a GOD, except for people?
I don't know. Next times me, God, and a bunch of talking animals get together I will let you know. My next scheduled trip to Narnia isn't for a few more years and I didn't think to ask last time:)

Location hidden

#438886 Jun 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Tell me one good reason a person should have a car that goes faster than 65 MPH. More poeple are killed by speeding automoblies per year than guns in a decade.
Give me one good reason anyone should own raw sugar and candy. More people die from obesity related disease every year than killed by firearms in a decade.
Give me one good reason anyone needs alcohol. More crimes and deaths are directly caused by alcohol consumption than any substance or object known to mankind, including heroin and cocaine.
Note that in 70 years, a legaly owned machine gun has only been involved in two crimes. Thus the argument for an UZI is that it is extremely safe and its use in a crime is zero.
<quoted text>
So your argument that people already are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things so having lethal stupid and lethal things should be acceptable?

I used an uzi as an extreme example. most people don't carry Uzi's. Change it to automatic weapon then and your stats turn into a blood bath.

Location hidden

#438887 Jun 4, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Agh, not much. That side?
One side always has to be:)

Good to see ya

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438889 Jun 4, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Because men like speed.
<quoted text>
Because my coffee tastes horrible without it.
<quoted text>
To soften a woman's heart.
<quoted text>
Because sometimes, when you think of your dearest ex leaving you, the only thing you can do is get shitfaced pissing drunk.
How are you, amigo?
And all those should be left to the individual to do responsibly without government interference.
Take it over the line and pay the price.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#438890 Jun 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument that people already are allowed to do stupid and dangerous things so having lethal stupid and lethal things should be acceptable?
I used an uzi as an extreme example. most people don't carry Uzi's. Change it to automatic weapon then and your stats turn into a blood bath.
Nope.
Legal automatic weapons have bene used in a crime only twice in 70 years. All the ones in hte hands of criminals are illegaly manufactured or smuggled into the country (AK-47s are about $50 on the black market everywhere but the USA).

Anyway, I have researched the matter and I will extend Jesus' advice to modern state of the art weapons:

"If you do not have a sword, sell your coat and buy one."

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

Conley, GA

#438895 Jun 4, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You were raised by wild monkeys,weren't you?
Wow!
That would make y'all siblings then, wouldn't it?

Location hidden

#438896 Jun 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Legal automatic weapons have bene used in a crime only twice in 70 years. All the ones in hte hands of criminals are illegaly manufactured or smuggled into the country (AK-47s are about $50 on the black market everywhere but the USA).
Anyway, I have researched the matter and I will extend Jesus' advice to modern state of the art weapons:
"If you do not have a sword, sell your coat and buy one."
That is kind of convenient the same number of people killed by uzis are the same number killed by legal automatic weapons?

Please provide stats and links to support this.

But the guns would become readily available to sell illegally if they weren't legal.

I can provide you stats that show According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, about 650 people die annually by accidental shootings. Those are mostly legal guns I'd presume.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_are...

Arthur Kellerman Study showed you are 43x more likely to kill a family member than an intruder with a gun in the house
www.americanfirearms.org/downloads/family_hom...

I can't find statistics that differentiate between legal gun ownership and illegal when it comes to killings so please link your sources so i can check them out. Thanks.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#438899 Jun 4, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
this is very funny
calling by Senecus and G_0_D "healthy discussion" INSULTING YOU,MOCKING YOU AND YOUR BELIEFS-FAITH,PROMOTING VIOLANCE,GUNS ETC...
THOSE 2 VILE WICKED GODLESS POSTERS ARE JUST SO BLIND,NOT SEEING THAT THEY INSULTED ,SCOOFED,AND MOCKED YOU AND YOU PEACEFUL POSTS-
AND THEY CALL THIS "HEALTHY DISCUSSION"
HA HA HA HA
be madam blessed always by God
and never forgete children of satan kingdom,never are CHILDREN OF GOD
You high priest of evil spirits.You are possessed by the devil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 744,479
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min callyaout8852 228,634
Ferahevler ALTUS Servis Tarabya (( 299 I5 34 ))... 6 min halentfr 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 260,280
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 545,261
Topix posters who are children of Satan the Devil 17 min Kid_Tomorrow 6
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 24 min Paul is dead 2,903

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE