State Health-Care Mandates and Cost With Little Value

Regarding John F. Cogan, R. Glenn Hubbard and Daniel P. Kessler's "The Wrong Remedy for Health Care" : All three authors are naive in their belief that the cost of insurance is being driven up by 15% because states require companies to cover particular medical services. Full Story
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1 Jul 6, 2012
We need to let the free market decide who gets health care and
who doesn't.

Let the free market take over and we can knock another 30 million people out of the heath care system

Problem solved!

Since: Jun 09

Twentynine Palms, CA

#2 Jul 7, 2012
Gary wrote:
We need to let the free market decide who gets health care and
who doesn't. Let the free market take over and we can knock another 30 million people out of the heath care system Problem solved!
You're confusing health care with health insurance. In my experience, supporters of socialized medicine say how terrible it is if someone receives inferior health care because they are not wealthy. But if they receive inferior health care due to being too low on a government waiting list, who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Health Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengals sign player so daughter gets health care Sep 8 Flatulence Fred 5
Sears to cut retirees' $37 monthly health care ... Aug 31 shnuffmo 2
4 Health Care Workers Among 66 Dead in Ebola Ou... Aug '14 Dr Neo 5
Local health care outreach program to Muslims e... Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
Congress looks to lower price on veterans' heal... Jul '14 Viet Nam Vet 2
Therapist Oniha Is The Best <winexbackspell@gma... Jun '14 luise 0
Senators announce bipartisan deal on VA health ... Jun '14 RayOne 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••