Spaceflight Symposium topic of MVEDA luncheon

The prospect of privately funded space flight looms in the future, and southern New Mexico hopes to be at the forefront of the industry. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dav

Bristol, UK

#1 Oct 16, 2009
Freddy

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Oct 16, 2009
dav wrote:
http://www.elpasotexas.gov/pdi mug/mugdetail.asp?mugID=18774
Now we know why he can not create any jobs in Las Cruces. Can him...
MVEDA Member

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Oct 16, 2009
This is an outrage for us paying members. Mr George Ruth will not do anything about this. A DWI is something that should not be overlooked. This is a major tarnishment to MVEDA and all us members.
NMO88001

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Oct 16, 2009
MVEDA Member wrote:
This is an outrage for us paying members. Mr George Ruth will not do anything about this. A DWI is something that should not be overlooked. This is a major tarnishment to MVEDA and all us members.
Can I join this group, I'm up for a DWI Party.
former Financial Support

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Oct 17, 2009
This is the last straw with MVEDA. Me and my Company supported MVEDA but my family lost a family member from a DWI driver so after this it is a sure no-go!
Kelly J

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Oct 19, 2009
NM drops out of Top 10 rankings for DWI fatalities (12:46 p.m.)By The Associated Press
Posted: 10/16/2009 12:43:59 PM MDT

SANTA FE Statistics released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show New Mexico has dropped out of the Top 10 in national rankings for drunken-driving fatalities.

New Mexico once had the worst DWI problem in the nation.

According to the report, New Mexico was 11th for the number of DWI fatalities per 100,000 population in 2008. New Mexico ranked ninth for DWI fatalities in both 2006 and 2007.
Bob D

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Oct 19, 2009
MVEDA Member wrote:
He was busted in Texas- this is no issue.
JKP

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 20, 2009
DWI is a serious offense, but from what I have seen, Davin Lopez has done a great job at MVEDA and it would be crazy to see him fired.
Mary

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Oct 20, 2009
I heard this person who got a DWI makes over $125,000 a year much of the salary comes from the City of Las Cruces tax payers.
RocketMan

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Oct 20, 2009
When I clicked on this story I thought it was about Spaceflight not about space nuts getting drunk with a DWI.
Wilderness First

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Oct 21, 2009
Mary wrote:
I heard this person who got a DWI makes over $125,000 a year much of the salary comes from the City of Las Cruces tax payers.
That is alot of Money if the City of Las Cruces pays him that much. Why than are they cutting senior services.
Against Drunk Driving

El Paso, TX

#12 Oct 21, 2009
Article Reads: "At this point, a person is innocent until proven guilty," Ruth said. Well in reading the article should be proof enough. It states that he blew a .161 which is more than twice the .08 legal limit in Texas. This should be your proof as he failed the blood alcohol test. What more do you want! When your drunk your drunk! Don't need to split hairs.
Red Apple

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Oct 21, 2009
Against Drunk Driving wrote:
Article Reads: "At this point, a person is innocent until proven guilty," Ruth said. Well in reading the article should be proof enough. It states that he blew a .161 which is more than twice the .08 legal limit in Texas. This should be your proof as he failed the blood alcohol test. What more do you want! When your drunk your drunk! Don't need to split hairs.
Oh yeah, but maybe he...maybe he was forced to drink shots of tequila while surrounded by a group of animate $20 whores. Peer pressure, we all have it. And maybe he got an "emergency" call on his cell phone and had to leave without haste to attend to the crisis. Gosh, so judgemental!
acdc

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Oct 21, 2009
Against Drunk Driving wrote:
Yep the facts are the facts- does this Ruth person have a brain cell.
JKP

El Paso, TX

#15 Oct 21, 2009
Wilderness First wrote:
<quoted text>
That is alot of Money if the City of Las Cruces pays him that much. Why than are they cutting senior services.
He is not an employee of the City of Las Cruces - he is part of a non-profit, economic development group to which the City of Las Cruces contributes because it doesn't want to spend money on its own economic development program.
BabyDoll

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Oct 22, 2009
JKP wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not an employee of the City of Las Cruces - he is part of a non-profit, economic development group to which the City of Las Cruces contributes because it doesn't want to spend money on its own economic development program.
You are from El Paso and are telling us the city of Las Cruces is to cheap to have an economic development program. The newspaper states that the City gives over $100,000 to MVEDA.
Insane

Sacramento, CA

#17 Oct 22, 2009
JKP wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not from El Paso...How do you know so much about Las Cruces? No doubt you are a friend of the accused. Too bad you hide under false pretenses. Someone with such strong convictions should step forth.
Playa

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Oct 22, 2009
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not from El Paso...How do you know so much about Las Cruces? No doubt you are a friend of the accused. Too bad you hide under false pretenses. Someone with such strong convictions should step forth.
Good comment!
Bruce

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Oct 22, 2009
Give the dude a break
Hooters

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Oct 23, 2009
Davin we are here at Hooters we are saving you a seat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Space Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cognitive test battery developed to assess impa... 9 min Andarz Abedini 1
Earthlings to send 90,000 hellos to Mars 10 min Andarz Abedini 1
Space, the final frontier for 3-D printing 11 min Andarz Abedini 1
NASA: stunning new look at how carbon dioxide t... 13 min Andarz Abedini 19
NASA releases images of Rosetta Spacecraft's Ph... 17 min Andarz Abedini 3
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 48 min One way or another 27,716
Sex and gender differences in adaptation to spa... 21 hr safetypills 2

Space People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE