Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kansas.com

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Comments
25,141 - 25,160 of 27,024 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#26015 Sep 23, 2012
Wow. I and I thought the "fundamentalist christian creationists" were delusional.

At least their delusion merely affect the education of children here in the US, and not the future of the planet.
PHD

Houston, TX

#26016 Sep 23, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not trying to persuade anyone of anything, that's alarmist work.
Yes you are. You’re trying to persuade everyone that you’re the commander of useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste. Well you have are you happy now?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#26017 Sep 23, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
their delusion merely affect the
Typical.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26018 Sep 24, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, aka:
<quoted text>Say whatever you like about him, he's not restricted to posting on Topix forum like you, is he, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty?
Ö¿Ö
???...fishing again ??

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26019 Sep 24, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>You like to rewrite history ??? Typical Republican trait. If it doesn't fit with your agenda, it just didn't happen that way.......did it ??
Why rewrite when it is far more useful the way it is.

If anyone is forced to rewrite history it would be people like. Of course it would be less a rewrite and more an erasure of the embarrassing truths.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26020 Sep 24, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, aka:
<quoted text>One of these days you'll manage to type atmosphere correctly.
So far, you've managed "atsmophere, atsomphere" and now "atmopshere."
There's something distinctly dyslexic about your typing, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, and you expect me to believe that forty was spelt with a U when you went to school in 60s Ontario.
Priceless.
Perhaps he is trying to find a language of attmozfeareak science you follow ?

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26021 Sep 24, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>Your arguments are amazingly weak. Haven't you recycled those links enough already ???
Weak, more like your hoping that I would quit postin links to those sites since they point out the embarrassing fact that wind and solar were tried in the past and failed. That the designs and tech involved haven't really changed which means the same thing will happen this time.

As long as people like you keep recycling the same sad poclaimations about how solar and wind have not failed, how they are working and have always worked I will keep bringing up the proof that they failed and created a ecological disaster in the process.
PHD

Houston, TX

#26022 Sep 24, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical.
Yes we know your typical useless babble. Hay dirtling the Less than a Box of Rocks is out again. You 2 should team up and collectively try to answer that 2nd grade question.
pig izzard

Perth, Australia

#26023 Sep 24, 2012
Hello everyone I have just unearthed a 40 thousand year old mammoth in a GL melt zone. We think it is fit for human consumption and are hoping everyone in the Aspen area can join us for a huge BBQ this saturday, BWO salads and drinks.
pig izzard

Perth, Australia

#26024 Sep 24, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we know your typical useless babble. Hay dirtling the Less than a Box of Rocks is out again. You 2 should team up and collectively try to answer that 2nd grade question.
Hello everyone I have just unearthed a 40 thousand year old mammoth in a GL melt zone. We think it is fit for human consumption and are hoping everyone in the Aspen area can join us for a huge BBQ this saturday, BWO salads and drinks.
PHD

Houston, TX

#26025 Sep 24, 2012
pig izzard wrote:
<quoted text>
How the weather down under? Has the dirtlings useless babble changed the climate in your area?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26026 Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone found an experiment that supports climate change mitigation?

If so, would you please cite?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26027 Sep 24, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
I'm not trying to persuade anyone of anything....
Correction: "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" can't persuade anyone of anything..... except that he is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26028 Sep 24, 2012
Al Gore to do 'dirty weather report'
By Ben Geman - 09/23/12 03:35 PM ET

Al Gore hopes to show links between climate change and the effects of extreme weather worldwide with an online and social media-fueled event built around the idea of “dirty weather.”

Gore’s advocacy group, the Climate Reality Project, announced Sunday that its second multimedia “24 Hours of Reality” event will occur Nov. 14-15 and bear the title “The Dirty Weather Report.”...

Climate experts say that while individual weather events can’t be laid at the feet of climate change, more frequent and intense drought, violent storms and extreme heat waves are expected in a warming world.

&#8232;&#8232;And some scientists are now ditching the caveat about individual weather events....
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/2511...

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#26029 Sep 24, 2012
Don't forget to purchase your carbon offsets.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#26030 Sep 25, 2012
Christy's lies:
One way to measure trends in extreme weather is to compare the number of state record high and low temperatures by decade. Many more state high temperature records were set in the 1930s than in recent decades. Even more surprising,“since 1960, there have been more all-time cold records set than hot records in each decade.”
1) He's talking about the USA, not the world:
Well, a really good way to look at global warming is to look at what it has done to warm temperature records. And if you didn't have a warming Earth, then you would have the same number of new cold records as you would warm records in any given year on average. Well, what we've been seeing for quite some time now is more and more hot records relative to cold records. And the last two years have really been screaming in terms of how many more hot records we've had than cold records.
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php...

2) Not even true in the US any more:
The June to July heat wave finally began to ebb on Saturday, but not before breaking thousands of warm temperature records across the country. In many cases, records that had stood since the Dust Bowl era of the 1930s have been equaled or exceeded, and this event is likely to go down in history as one of America's worst early summer heat waves.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/heat-wave-...
PHD

Houston, TX

#26031 Sep 25, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
Don't forget to purchase your carbon offsets.
Are you expecting the dirtling to spew more hot air? The dirtling is famous for useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste. The hot air thing is a secondary talent the dirtling spews.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#26032 Oct 2, 2012
PHD

Houston, TX

#26033 Oct 2, 2012
Ge ready for more useless babble from the dirtling. The dirtling is with its care giver or maybe the dirtling is attending its work place cleaning up crap.

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

Oxford, UK

#26034 Oct 2, 2012
Since the cosmic worm swallowed the planet shouldn't that be wring not warming right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humanoid robots proven to help autistic childre... 1 hr robina 1
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Mugwump 172,519
Look Who Got Busted: How To Remove Your Mug Sho... (May '11) 14 hr freida kay castillo 135
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 20 hr David Bade 65
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) Fri SoE 5,229
Unable to format external hard drive on Windows... Fri Marry 1
How to Resolve C partition low disk space problem? Fri shaneleemicro 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Science / Technology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••