Brain drain

Full story: Watertown Daily Times

Foreign countries, especially China, are doing their best to lure back home illustrious citizens who have settled in America, the New York Times reports.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 24, 2012
Most Interesting

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Is there anything China isn't doing these days?
Brain Drain

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

N.J. mom didn't know son was put in washing machine

By John Bacon

A New Jersey woman whose 1-year-old son made national news when a video went viral of him trapped in a tumbling washing machine says she had no idea what happened until police showed her the video Wednesday, the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill reports.

Sakia David said her son, Saimier Bush, was taken to the Federal Laundromat in Camden on May 11 by his baby-sitter. Police alerted her after learning of the incident from news accounts.

"She never said anything about it," David, who did not identify the baby-sitter, said in an interview outside her apartment.

Speaking on NBC's "Today" show this morning, David said she wants the baby-sitter punished for allowing a male friend to put the child in the machine.

The footage, recorded by a surveillance camera at Federal Laundromat, would have gone unseen if not posted online. The laundry owner's son posted the video a week ago on YouTube.

The video shows a man, described as a friend of the baby-sitter, as he scoops up Saimeir and, apparently playfully, puts him in a washing machine. As the baby-sitter sorts laundry at a nearby table, the man closes the washer door. The sitter and her friend then react with shock as the washer starts, sending the boy tumbling.

From the Courier Post:

The pair, unable to open the locked door, call for help and run through the store seeking help. The man returns with Laundromat worker Kong Enh, who shoves a table out of his way to reach the machine's power supply.

Enh cut the electricity to all of the machines in a row that ironically was beneath a sign that read, "Junior Wash." Only then could the child be rescued, more than a minute after the washer door had clicked shut.

Saimeir suffered some cuts and bruises. David said her son has been pulling on his ear and "just looking around a lot."

"I just want this to be over with," she said. "Mistakes happen. That's all I want to tell America."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••