St. Louis Black People

Posted in the St. Louis Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
What is wrong with them

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 12, 2010
I moved to St. Louis a few years ago for school. I came from one of the biggest cities in the US, but with a very low black population. I used to feel sorry for black people, always thinking that they got a bad rap, then I moved to St. Louis....

All the stereotypes of black people came true when I finally moved to St. Louis and experienced them.

I feel bad that I feel this way, but I cannot help it. They really do not make it easy to like them. Day in and day out they reinforce my dislike for many of them.

Does any one else feel this way? Or am I just a terrrible human being?
St LouisRes

United States

#2 Jun 12, 2010
Until the passion of change fully encompasses black St. Louisans and they view the area for its greater good, it's doubtful that the community will improve. It takes a passion of the nth degree to grow in order to be successfull. It is said that the first 10 years on one's life determine their future and success in life. We all are purely a product of our environment and this determines who we are and what we will become. Hope for a better life, a better way is our future. Poverty, lack of education, and politics are our worst enemy.
tammy faye tucker

Farmington, MO

#3 Jun 13, 2010
my daddy told me long time ago blacks are nothing but a big mosquito and a shiiiit bum combined any body ever heard that expression ???
raps it

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2010
Is you last name Baker???
tammy faye tucker wrote:
my daddy told me long time ago blacks are nothing but a big mosquito and a shiiiit bum combined any body ever heard that expression ???
Tired of the BS

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 14, 2010
What is wrong with them wrote:
I moved to St. Louis a few years ago for school. I came from one of the biggest cities in the US, but with a very low black population. I used to feel sorry for black people, always thinking that they got a bad rap, then I moved to St. Louis....
All the stereotypes of black people came true when I finally moved to St. Louis and experienced them.
I feel bad that I feel this way, but I cannot help it. They really do not make it easy to like them. Day in and day out they reinforce my dislike for many of them.
Does any one else feel this way? Or am I just a terrrible human being?
First you would have to answer why you dislike them is it because they did something to hurt you? Also the same hatred you have in your heart against them could have stemmed from how you were raised. Lastly in all fairness I see just as much violence from whites and other races so to say I dislike a group of people just because of their skin color is being predjudice. Blacks have the same problems as whites, No I don't think you are terrible, just prejudice as most people are about something. Lastly until we all as a race of people are honest in our evals of each other we will always have this problem. You may have come from a family that hated blacks but you don't have to teach your children nor do you have to hate them.
4Equality

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 14, 2010
So, you're saying ALL black people in St. Louis are making your life hard? Or was it one of the many you have met in the last six months.

There is a reason they call it prejudice...because you are prejudging an entire population based on a small sample. Those who can't understand this basic concept need to study math more.

I'm assuming you are not black, but you represent your race, just as a single black person might be expected to represent his entire race. Don't do your people an injustice by showing yourself to be ignorant.
Tired of the BS

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 14, 2010
one thing I have to ask too is why is it when something bad happens it is a blacks fault?

The boy who was kidnapped Sean Hornbeck he was white I don't see you denouncing your own color, the trajedy in the gulf BP is White but it is the president's fault because of the disaster!

Illeagal aliens are not black or white but Whites paid them to come over here and work! So are you upset over your poor choices you made.

And if you wanted your world to be all white you have your ownself to blame still because it was whites who brought blacks to your country! Like I have posted some of the old biases are getting pretty ignorant to say the least.

St. Louis has a bunch of poor white trash but you don't here blacks ranting about it!And what about your own who have married blacks do you find them repulsive too?
mustafa

Wichita, KS

#8 Jun 14, 2010
Tired of the BS wrote:
one thing I have to ask too is why is it when something bad happens it is a blacks fault?
The boy who was kidnapped Sean Hornbeck he was white I don't see you denouncing your own color, the trajedy in the gulf BP is White but it is the president's fault because of the disaster!
Illeagal aliens are not black or white but Whites paid them to come over here and work! So are you upset over your poor choices you made.
And if you wanted your world to be all white you have your ownself to blame still because it was whites who brought blacks to your country! Like I have posted some of the old biases are getting pretty ignorant to say the least.
St. Louis has a bunch of poor white trash but you don't here blacks ranting about it!And what about your own who have married blacks do you find them repulsive too?
So how many black people did you stab that didn't die?
Tired of the BS

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 15, 2010
mustafa wrote:
<quoted text>So how many black people did you stab that didn't die?
None don't have to stab any of them, they do that job good all by themselves!

Most blacks are their own enemy so Whites have nothing to worry about nor fear!
Tyrone

Saint Peters, MO

#10 Jun 15, 2010
St Louis Blacks are scum keep your dirty tails on that side of the bridge and stop coming out to Mid Rivers Mall we dont want yur stank butts out here Keep to the Mills and rob that place blind like yall have been trying to do
Mona314

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 16, 2010
You guys are all wrong- black is beautiful and u can't say a whole race is awful based on where ur at- there are intelligent black people all over the world- it depends on where u go, if u go to the hood, then ur gonna find d ghetto low lives, but just the same, if u go to the country ur gonna find low life county white folks- so how dare u sit there and say that- u guys who say this might as well label urselves as low life broke down white people- u people are the same ones who call yourselves Christians but god makes everyone equal- that's all I can say but I hope u read this and get something from it- if not, u may as well call urselves scum and low lives because u are not better than anyone and don't ever forget it
Tired of the BS

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Tyrone wrote:
St Louis Blacks are scum keep your dirty tails on that side of the bridge and stop coming out to Mid Rivers Mall we dont want yur stank butts out here Keep to the Mills and rob that place blind like yall have been trying to do
I really don't know what planet you came from? Better yet what type of parents or critters that raised you?

But for your enlightenment there is NO place now where you can go and not see a Black or brown person. If you are so full of insecurity and scared of a race or color different than your own good luck in finding a place for you and your kind except under a rock, or better yet flush yourself down the commode!

It is sickies like you as well as whomever started this poor taste forum just to be racist in the first place. As for scum only those who practice racism and hate are the scums of the earth!
Tyrone

Saint Peters, MO

#13 Jun 17, 2010
For one im not saying all Blacks im saying Blacks in St LOuis Metro Area.You talk to a Black here one on one they seem ok but then you get that guy plus 5 more they start acting like idiots and i aint afraid of none off the lil punks in St Louis and you say black is so great why are you offing each other in record numbers for no good damn reason. I guess thats the White mans fault for putting you in the Ghetto o wait u put yourself there and yes i know white people are in the Ghetto too cuz i was raised in the Ghetto and got out.Why are Blacks the Majority of folks in prison but make up not even half the population of the US. As far as being a christian im not i dont even beieve in god. I have no problem with hard working Blacks or Mexicans i actually support the Mexicans getting citizinship but i think they should go through the system like my German Grandfather did. But yes i would like to be able to go shopping with out a bunch of loud mouth trouble makers running through the mall stealing Look what the Metro Link has done to the Galaria and places like Bentwood who had very low crime before Metro came in
Tyrone

Saint Peters, MO

#14 Jun 17, 2010
and the poduct of your enviroment is a total copout I was at one off the worst schools in the Metro East and worst neighborhoods as well
cracker from cahokia

Osage Beach, MO

#15 Jun 19, 2010
black people have every chance to make the most of thier lives. they get a free education they choose not take advantage of it.A lot of blacks choose to take advantage of the goverments monthly handout rather than earn a living for themselves. where i work there are very few blacks. that happens to be true of all the places i have worked.the black people i have worked with are very nice people and dont deserve to be associated with the rest of thier race.most of the blacks you see running around with there pants sagging are not worth the air they breathe. i have to admit there are whites that fall into that same category.the fact is there is trash in every race. some races have a higher percentage of trash

Since: Jun 10

Monroe, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2010
It is important to know what led to the current conditions inorder to properly understand the results. A terrible racist history drove blacks from the south in large do to the klu klux klan and many white Americans unable to except the idea of free black Americans (Black people they didnt own) hence black people sought a promised land St Louis was a main focus but these ideas soon turned to naught with court cases like Dred Scott determining that under the us constitution blacks have no rights. Also Blacks were thrust into the worst areas that happened to be a breeding ground for over crowding and all the filthy trappings of that setting couple this with continued racism jim Crow and you have a volatile mix. For the German irish And other white immigrants over time they would be absorbed into white culture due to skin colour alone as for blacks that has always been the defining line skin colour. Due to these conditions Jim Crow forced black people to stay in their areas like a prison without fences in some cases with these obvious disadvantages blacks economically declined while white Americans were able to flourish and establish generations of wealth and education while blacks were restricted to handouts low income jobs and less than minimum wage. Producing a sense of hopelessness that still resonates to this day.This country is only 40 some odd years post the civil rights era and it is expected that within 40years blacks should have the economic base and education levels that white Americans have had the advantage of for hundreds of years. So lets all just pause our bigoted ideas about blacks and speak candidly. Blacks are disliked simply because they are black and a large portion of whites dont see this as wrong otherwise it wouldnt even be an issue....
teejay

United States

#17 Jun 20, 2010
I had this black girlfriend in high school she was a couple years older than me. She was just absolutely beautiful. She was very smart. A lot smarter than myself and she was planning on going to college to become a doctor. When she graduated I'm not sure what happened but she got to be very racist and she's disgusting now. She's got tattoos all over her and piercing. And she has a horrible attitude. I thought she'd hold a piece of me forever but Its hard to feel sorry for her. She fell into a stereotype.
wow

United States

#18 Jun 20, 2010
Tired of the BS wrote:
one thing I have to ask too is why is it when something bad happens it is a blacks fault?
The boy who was kidnapped Sean Hornbeck he was white I don't see you denouncing your own color, the trajedy in the gulf BP is White but it is the president's fault because of the disaster!
Illeagal aliens are not black or white but Whites paid them to come over here and work! So are you upset over your poor choices you made.
And if you wanted your world to be all white you have your ownself to blame still because it was whites who brought blacks to your country! Like I have posted some of the old biases are getting pretty ignorant to say the least.
St. Louis has a bunch of poor white trash but you don't here blacks ranting about it!And what about your own who have married blacks do you find them repulsive too?
I think you have shown what the problem is. A lot of black people blame white people for slavery. I hear a lot of black people making slave comments. They themselves were not slaves and the white people they blame were not the ignorant whites of that time who participated in slavery.

This is one of those subjects that get old. It seems like more of an excuse than anything. A white man freed the slaves. White people were involved in the underground railroad. The north was free...please tell me where St. Louis is...you're complaining about being given freedom?

The truth of today. Why is there black organizations when white people can't have white organizations? Those "white trash" you speak of need help too but we can't make an organization only profiting white people.
Jane

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2010
I think poverty is probably to blame. I grew up in a small poor household with drug addicted alcoholic parents and 5 siblings all younger than me. I became addicted to drugs and alcohol because the role models I had were my parents and their friends. Because I became addicted to those things my next sibling did then my next sibling did and the next. I seen the pattern that was created and I quit in fear my youngest siblings would have the same outcome. My mother kicked me out when I was 17 and I dropped out of school to support myself. Years later and completely sober it seems hard to find the time to go to school and work to pay bills. At times I've thought of returning to illegal activities to live more comfortably but how am I to set a good example struggling but doing the best I can? When they see drug dealers driving around in expensive cars and me in my piece of crap. Drugs alcohol and poverty. Rich people don't worry about bills where some poor turn to drugs in hard times resulting in a cycle of crime and drug abuse. I think the problems of racism are a bit more complex than just skin color. Everyone wants to be happy and when poor black people see rich white people happy its causes bitterness. And when poor white people see rich black people it causes bitterness.
Bump

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jun 20, 2010
Jane wrote:
I think poverty is probably to blame. I grew up in a small poor household with drug addicted alcoholic parents and 5 siblings all younger than me. I became addicted to drugs and alcohol because the role models I had were my parents and their friends. Because I became addicted to those things my next sibling did then my next sibling did and the next. I seen the pattern that was created and I quit in fear my youngest siblings would have the same outcome. My mother kicked me out when I was 17 and I dropped out of school to support myself. Years later and completely sober it seems hard to find the time to go to school and work to pay bills. At times I've thought of returning to illegal activities to live more comfortably but how am I to set a good example struggling but doing the best I can? When they see drug dealers driving around in expensive cars and me in my piece of crap. Drugs alcohol and poverty. Rich people don't worry about bills where some poor turn to drugs in hard times resulting in a cycle of crime and drug abuse. I think the problems of racism are a bit more complex than just skin color. Everyone wants to be happy and when poor black people see rich white people happy its causes bitterness. And when poor white people see rich black people it causes bitterness.
Congrats on getting yourself out of a bad situation! Keep on going down the right path, and eventually everything will work out.

I think you are correct, however blacks are not poor because of the WHITE people as so many like to blame. What blacks should be trying to teach others in their community is that if 1) getting pregnant early, 2) 80% of AA's are born out of wedlock, 3) not finishing high school, and 4) alcohol + drugs are the quickest route to poverty. This is the cycle that this community has. If the so called 'black leaders' would start teaching these simple things instead of blaming whitey's racism for poverty you would see a lot more middle class black families.

The majority of whites do not hate black people as a whole, but the majority are getting extremely sick of the race baiting and excuses so many blacks like to use. Please, I cannot critique my own President without being called a racist? Hallmark cannot put out a graduation card that talks about Black HOLES because it secretly is demeaning to black women?!? But blacks can have the united negro fund, NAACP, BET, black scholarships, historically black colleges, etc. It has gotten out of control. And when we talk about whites bringing over the slaves...um first off, how many of us whites actually had any relation to those people? My family did not come over here until the 1930s! Second, blacks were enslaving blacks and STILL are in your precious Africa!

Blacks need to be thankful they are not actually still in Africa, they need to get rid of their victim mind set, and finally stay away from the list above and you will see a lot more 'happier' black people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
copy and pasre 1 hr kin 1
Why are black people so angry and aggressive? 3 hr The Union Army Won 12
should browns stepdfather be charged with incit... 3 hr boom 4
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr William T Sherman 4,796
Whatever Became of Glenn Kimball (often guest o... (Oct '12) 6 hr fengshui1954 27
For some, location of Brown's hands irrelevant 6 hr LEO 477 4
any girls into tribbing/scissoring? (May '10) 12 hr WWJD 76
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:35 am PST

NBC Sports 9:35AM
NFL: Rams-Raiders will remain in St. Louis
CBS Sports10:05 AM
Eric Berry: 'Enjoy the day and don't worry, we're #BERRYSTRONG'
Bleacher Report12:08 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Raiders vs. Rams
NBC Sports 4:08 PM
With Ron Parker moving to safety, Chiefs look at cornerbacks
Bleacher Report 5:22 PM
Cowboys Offense Must Find Groove to Make Playoff Push