US storms kill 12, millions lose power

Jun 30, 2012 Full story: The Daily Star

Millions of people across the eastern United States baked in record heat on Saturday after deadly thunderstorms downed powerlines from Indiana to Maryland, killing at least 12 people and leaving over 3 million homes and businesses without power.

Full Story

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Jul 1, 2012
no doubt obama will use this as ANOTHER excuse of why the economy is still in the shitter...
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 2, 2012
carey529 wrote:
no doubt obama will use this as ANOTHER excuse of why the economy is still in the shitter...
Hey the sun is out blame Obama, Really people we have a black president get over it just sad, What's the excuse for a low life like you ow thats right blame Obama!!!
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 2, 2012
There outta be a law against right wing neanderthals posting on a public forum.
hah

Woodland Hills, CA

#14 Jul 10, 2012
The left did the same thing with Bush, blamed him for anything they could. The right does the same for Obama.

Hello pot, meet kettle.

There ought to be a law against left or right wing extremists posting on forums, period.

The economy is in the shitter because we have had career politicians with legal backgrounds (regardless of political party) in the WH for a couple of decades. All they know how to do is thumb their noses at the law and whose back to scratch for their own gain despite what advisers tell them (assuming that their advisers are credible).

IMO, Bush's policies resulted in our losing liberty for security as well as planted the seeds for the economic downturn. Obama's policies have further contributed to the downturn and continue to whittle away at our liberties.

Left or right... politicians and the special interests that back them are the problem... not a specific party.

I've met and talked with intelligent and neanderthal individuals both left and right wing. The intelligent ones can make their point and discuss things civilly without name-calling and popular stereotypes. The pretentious neanderthals will support and defend their party affiliation using whatever underhanded, uncivil tactics and slang they can come up with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonnell Signs Bill Mandating Photo ID to Vote (Mar '13) 6 hr Swedenforever 2
VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 19 hr gwsbadass 1,360
With suspect back in Virginia, search team with... Sun vabrowneyes 2
I hate all teenagers (Dec '08) Sep 28 Macdog76 816
Suspect charged in case of missing UVa student Sep 24 ale 1
GSA takes the FBI headquarters search on the ro... Sep 23 JB Smith 1
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 23 Constitutional_Reset 5

Virginia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE