How Mitt Romney Bullied a Gay Student at Cranbrook

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.newyorker.com

What is the defining image in the Washington Post ' s story on Mitt Romney, as a student at the Cranbrook School, bullying a gay teen-age boy? Maybe it's Romney, the eighteen-year-old son of a governor, spotting the student, John Lauber, with, as a classmate remembered, "bleached-blond hair that draped over one eye," and saying, "He can't look like ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#1 May 11, 2012
What else can you expect from a sociopath with no conscience or remorse? He has callously destroyed the lives of thousands of American workers without a twinge of conscience! His actions are not that surprising for a person that has never done an honest days work in his life! romney is scum!
Tea Party For Romney

San Diego, CA

#2 May 11, 2012
Romney will not put up with their idiotic Gay agenda!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 May 11, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
What else can you expect from a sociopath with no conscience or remorse? He has callously destroyed the lives of thousands of American workers without a twinge of conscience! His actions are not that surprising for a person that has never done an honest days work in his life! romney is scum!
To be fair, Bishop Romney did apologize, even though he didn't admit doing it.

I thought it was funny when Bishop Romney walked a blind teacher into a door. That's was his most hilarious "prank". Be honest. We all did "pranks" like that.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#4 May 11, 2012
Tea Party For Romney wrote:
Mormon AMEN!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 May 11, 2012
Tea Party For Romney wrote:
I agree with you and all, but did you know 57% of independents support gay marriage, 51% of Catholics support gay marriage?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#6 May 11, 2012
Here's the source, just in case these lefties don't believe you.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154529/Half-Americ...
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#7 May 11, 2012
This is NOT TRUE...Those Bastards at the Washington Post...the Creep HOROWITZ.a kid in School???..put this on the online news paper....Clearly to coincide with Obamas CUMBAYA with Gays in HOLLAVOOD.....Dirty Politics at its worst....well It will come back at OBAMA...He was NEVER VETTED...and now the SHIT WILL FLY...Rev. wright,Bill Ayers,and that Girl he messed around with....Like Rommneys DOG,they came back to show HUSSIEN ATE DOG....What Bull Shit..the New Yorker...a Far Left LOONY RAG that this MOD takes as his Sick HATE SHEET..
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#8 May 11, 2012
As far as Romney is concerned, he had said it by apologizing and should not have to go that far to bend to say of a lot of apologizing , which was not necessary.

Did anyone of you have full facts of seeing Romney tie dogs on cars in his past travel?

A lot of people have not any food to eat these days, as economy is ruined, while big and small dogs are running around hurting and disturbing people. Do you have better things to say to that, other than Talking about Romney's dog?

The case about high school guy could have been that blond guy was looking for hair cut that led to Romney cutting his hair in a high school playground, while others put into magnifying to a bigger untrue picture as unwarranted by calling bullying.

Were any of you people in that high school and saw all facts?

Romney and his people can issue statement about bearing consequences for anyone making self-destructive behavior of doing any unwarranted and unnecessary disorderly acts by running with wild mouthing about dog and hair-cut.

Here is to say these are trivials talking about Romney as unimportant to get into, about the dog on top of car as doing none of harm, or high school cutting hair incident by over-stating (a lot of high school men and women volunteer to cut each others' hair these days, or like to cut people's hair to learn for the profession as hair-dresser), which means the overstating is false and a problem itself, and others would even interpret in jumping into conclusion of everything that Romeny always tie dogs and cut others' hair.

A lot of people tie dogs and cut roommates' hair for whatever reason nowadays.

When it is one-time thing as such that some tie dogs to not let them run astray, or cut hair for one-time case to relax boring time for some people, why would people have nothing good to do by raising nuisance of these useless things?

Then it tells these people talking, as having some sort of whatever problem of not being mentally fit or disorderly?

When you look into someone, you have to look into everybody.

GO FROM THERE and stop talking!

And only BETTER PEOPLE KNOW BETTER AS THEY ARE THE HEALTHY PEOPLE OF FITNESS THAN DISORDERLY ONES.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#9 May 11, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
This is NOT TRUE...Those Bastards at the Washington Post...the Creep HOROWITZ.a kid in School???..put this on the online news paper....Clearly to coincide with Obamas CUMBAYA with Gays in HOLLAVOOD.....Dirty Politics at its worst....well It will come back at OBAMA...He was NEVER VETTED...and now the SHIT WILL FLY...Rev. wright,Bill Ayers,and that Girl he messed around with....Like Rommneys DOG,they came back to show HUSSIEN ATE DOG....What Bull Shit..the New Yorker...a Far Left LOONY RAG that this MOD takes as his Sick HATE SHEET..
What about when Bishop Romney pranked on his blind teacher by walking him into a door? Hilarious!

If your dad isn't governor, you usually get arrested for assault and battery for such crimes.
Kathy

Phoenix, AZ

#10 May 11, 2012
I like mitt, he is anti gay, so that implies he is likely gay himself. Remember president bush's pastor who is anti gay and turned out that pastor had relations with a male prostitute and he (the pastor) also did drugs. What a wonderful world eh.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#11 May 11, 2012
It's hard to think about the economy when you feel persecuted for being gay, using contraception, praying Christian payers in schools, having an abortion, etc. There's a CULTURE WAR going on and the left is SOCIAL ENGINEERING us. Stop being so selfish about your money. SAVE YOUR SOUL!
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 11, 2012
Romney says he can't remember his attack on the other student. I wonder how many attacks Romney made that he can't remember. If it were only one, it would stand out in his memory, if it were one of thousands it could easily be forgotten.

So tell us Mittens, which attacks do you remember?
mtc

Mclean, VA

#14 May 11, 2012
The story has been retracted by the Post. The story was purely political released to coincide with B-HO's trip to Looney Clooney's mansion to fleece the liberal hate sheep in the disease known as Hollywood.
B-HO was too busy smoking dope in high school to do anything else (his words, look it up).
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#15 May 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
Romney says he can't remember his attack on the other student. I wonder how many attacks Romney made that he can't remember. If it were only one, it would stand out in his memory, if it were one of thousands it could easily be forgotten.
Please don't go there.

I support Bisghop Romney. We just have to know how to spin his character problem. He bullied gays and nongays. He walked a blind teacher into a door. He stole things. He impersonated a police officer to intimidate someone, while his dad was governor!!!

He's got a lot of baggage, but we can still win in November.

We just have to put out all these fires and try to keep his F'ing mouth shut because he's making everything worse. He can't seem to keep his lies straight. So please don't make him explain his character.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#16 May 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
To be fair, even though Bishop Romney can't remember, he did APOLOGIZE.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#17 May 11, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
Check your six, the men in white coats are gaining on you.
Aggie Nostic

Denver, CO

#18 May 11, 2012
So, we have to choose between an arrogant, entitled bully and...another arrogant, entitled bully?

I'll vote for the one who isn't going to spend us into oblivion and actually might get something DONE that isn't incentivizing failure at the cost to my children and grandchildren. The social issues will evolve- but not through political lip service.

Gay unions? Why not. Obama? LOTS of why nots.
Aggie Nostic

Denver, CO

#19 May 11, 2012
And btw, since Dearborn, MI is all over these threads repeating his propaganda everywhere he can, the sister of the victim rebuts the truth of this story on ABC, and is disgusted at her brother being used for political causes. Did the left even consider that this might hurt him and his family?

At least Rpmney was a snot-nosed rich kid. These are supposed to be adult journalists. Did they ask permission to use this story? It doesn't excuse Romney but it doesn't make either side look good.
Aggie Nostic

Denver, CO

#20 May 11, 2012
I guess since John Lauber died in 2004 he is fair game for the left media.

Pretty low.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#21 May 11, 2012
Aggie Nostic wrote:
So, we have to choose between an arrogant, entitled bully and...another arrogant, entitled bully?
I'll vote for the one who isn't going to spend us into oblivion and actually might get something DONE that isn't incentivizing failure at the cost to my children and grandchildren. The social issues will evolve- but not through political lip service.
Gay unions? Why not. Obama? LOTS of why nots.
According to Bloomberg, the US budget has a surplus for April. So it's officially no longer about the economy. It's all about social issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 5 hr Lol 16,781
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 5 hr anonymous 58,646
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 5 hr CNY SUNYPIES 81
Secrets of Mexico's flying snake gods Wed Faith 4
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Wed Wimpy 1
New York Meat Truck Driver Charged in Stinky Spill Wed Syloc 2
'Poor Door' in a New York Tower Opens a Fight O... Aug 27 Perplexed 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••