North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban

May 8, 2012 Full story: NJ.com 5,908

North Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment today defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5592 Jul 6, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay man can marry any women he wants just like all men. SO WHAT THE GAY PEOPLE WANT IS SPECIAL TREATMENT. Which is againt the constitution. Case closed we win bye.
that same argument was used for anti-micegenation laws. It failed also, like you argument here has.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5595 Jul 6, 2012
You said you want equal treatment.
That is correct.
That is what we already have moron. What you want is special treatment.
Of course, this would be where you prove who the true moron is. If you are incapable of illustrating what legitimate state interest is served by denying same sex couples the right to marry, effectively limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman, and abridging the right of homosexuals to marry the adult same sex partner of their choosing, then such a restriction is unconstitutional.

It's not my fault that you can't construct a valid and rational argument for your position.

St. Croix valley

#5596 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Burn in hell liberal commie scum..........THE BIBLE IS FACT AND TRUTH AND GODS WORD....YOU CANT PROVE IT ISNT CAN YOU COMMIE??????????
In fact I can, and have. You should go back to your fables about section 8 housing battles...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5597 Jul 6, 2012
Burn in hell liberal commie scum..........THE BIBLE IS FACT AND TRUTH AND GODS WORD....YOU CANT PROVE IT ISNT CAN YOU COMMIE??????????
I can prove that congress may make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

An intelligent person would not advance such an argument in regard to civil law.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5598 Jul 6, 2012
It wont fail in fact most states have now banned nasty evil vile gay liberal commie scum from getting married. IT IS LAW AND WILL STAND. Many more states will join those states.
Of course, you seem to lack the ability to indicate a legitimate state interest served by such restrictions that would render them constitutional. In which case, the bans will come before the courts, and they will be struck.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5601 Jul 6, 2012
You said you want fair and equal tretament. THE FACT IS THAT IS WHAT WE ALEADY HAVE MORON....What you want is special treatment for the liberal commie gross vile evil scum bag gays........
The fact is that most jurisdictions have a restriction against same sex marriage, and you lack the mental capacity to offer a rational basis for such a restriction.
ALL I JUS POSTED IS FACT. hOW ABOUT THIS IN EVERY STATE LETS PUT IT UP FOR A VOTE....
One cannot love the constitution and be ignorant of the US Supreme Court.
The court has held, on 14 separate occasions, that marriage is a fundamental right. Would you disagree?
It has also held that:“One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.” And “We can have intellectual individualism and the rich cultural diversities that we owe to exceptional minds only at the price of occasional eccentricity and abnormal attitudes. When they are so harmless to others or to the State as those we deal with here, the price is not too great. But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order. If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us.”
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)
Because in every state they have voted on it the gay sucm trash has been crushed....
And those votes were unconstitutional. Should I have the right to vote on what religion YOU may worship, where YOU may live, whether YOU may own a firearm, etc? Of course not.
even in liberal commie california.
Wow, really? California? That’s your shinning star is it? California has twice voted to deny same sex couples the right to marry, only to have their laws twice overturned in the court as unconstitutional. That’s hardly a glowing example for your position.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5602 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You can not and have not. Prove God is not realand the bible is not his holy word.....Come on waiting scum bag..........I NEVER LIE ALL I SAY IS TRUTH......
Is religion belief, yes or no? Can you prove the claims of your religion, yes or no?

May congress make a law respecting an establishment of religion, yes or no?

Are you a fool? Yes.

St. Croix valley

#5604 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You said you want fair and equal tretament. THE FACT IS THAT IS WHAT WE ALEADY HAVE MORON....What you want is special treatment for the liberal commie gross vile evil scum bag gays........
ALL I JUS POSTED IS FACT. hOW ABOUT THIS IN EVERY STATE LETS PUT IT UP FOR A VOTE....Because in every state they have voted on it the gay sucm trash has been crushed....even in liberal commie california.
Civil rights should not be voted on by the general public. A general vote in Mississippi today would eliminate the right to inter-racial marriages.

you are a constitution lover by your moniker, yet you do not understand how it works.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#5606 Jul 6, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There simply needs to be a valid state/societal reason for such distinctions.
And in the case of banning same-sex marriage, there is not.
What is the 'valid' state/societal reason for banning polygamy or incest marriages???? Same as ssm....they are not situations designed for marriage...

St. Croix valley

#5607 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You can not and have not. Prove God is not realand the bible is not his holy word.....Come on waiting scum bag..........I NEVER LIE ALL I SAY IS TRUTH......
The great flood of the bible never happened on this planet. It was a lie. Two genetically identical people cannot populate a planet. it was another lie. There are many more...

St. Croix valley

#5609 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I understand. The thing is to me gays and blacks and any non whites and women are not equal to white males. I dont think we ever should have gave women and coloreds rights. I also dont think anyone who doesnt own land and pay taxes should not have equal rights either. BUT HEY THAT IS JUST WHAT THE ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION SAID....then liberal commies changed it.
it also said all men are created equal. yes, I am sure you are abigot in many ways...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5610 Jul 6, 2012
We should have never let animals marry into the human race. I look at mixed race babies as sub-human. YUCK......Why would any white person let a colored animal have sex with you....YUCK YUCK YUCK.
So, you are basically admitting that you are a bigoted idiot, who doesn't even follow the mandates of their purported religion. Good to know.
Constitution-lover, you are anything but your name-sake, and in reality, you are little more than a pathetic troll.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#5613 Jul 6, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>The great flood of the bible never happened on this planet. It was a lie. Two genetically identical people cannot populate a planet. it was another lie. There are many more...
While I don't agree with CL, you are incorrect on this one....the flood happened.....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#5614 Jul 6, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it also said all men are created equal. yes, I am sure you are abigot in many ways...
Are they????

Are there not people with larger body mass????

Are there not people with higher IQs????

Are there not people with mental/physical handicaps????

You tell me....are we all created equal????

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#5615 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
We should have never let animals marry into the human race. I look at mixed race babies as sub-human. YUCK......Why would any white person let a colored animal have sex with you....YUCK YUCK YUCK.
I think you are a plant from a gay organization....

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5616 Jul 6, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
What is the 'valid' state/societal reason for banning polygamy or incest marriages???? Same as ssm....they are not situations designed for marriage...
Still trying to make this dog hunt, are you?

Regarding polygamy, 3 is greater than two. Ergo, polygamists seek greater, not equal protection of the law, for three or more people. Being that they seek extraordinary protection of the law, no compelling state interest is required to deny protection.

Regarding incest, incestuous procreation has a demonstrably higher incidence of mental disease and birth defects, which are the legitimate state interest in denying the legal protection to marry.

Both are irrelevant arguments, that amount to little more than inflammatory rhetoric. Can you actually make an on topic argument against same sex marriage, by indicating a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry? I don't think you can.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5617 Jul 6, 2012
Yea it did happen. IT IS FACT....I bet you think the world is billions of years old also huh??? Lol.. The world is at most 12,000 years old. The bible gives us a time line for this earth....
You really do need to change your name to Bible-lover.

You are proving that you are not only bigoted, you are also not so bright.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#5618 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes all MEN all WHITE MEN are created equal.
Well, we know that's not true..most white men aren't created as dum-b as you are representing yourself to be....

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5619 Jul 6, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
Are they????
Are there not people with larger body mass????
Are there not people with higher IQs????
Are there not people with mental/physical handicaps????
You tell me....are we all created equal????
Equality in life, and equal protection of the law are two separate issues.

Equal protection of the law is a guarantee of the US Constitution, which is the subject here.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5620 Jul 6, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know that's not true..most white men aren't created as dum-b as you are representing yourself to be....
Funny, they seem to be arguing from your side of the fence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 28 min Steven Marks 8
skype sex anyone? 9 hr xxxbadgirlsexxx 1
Who's got your vote in the North Carolina Senat... Dec 16 Red Square 110
NCWARN runs ad criticizing Duke Energy's approa... Dec 13 Solarman 1
Most illegal immigrants arrested in Smithfield ... (Sep '07) Dec 11 colleen Souza 9
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... Dec 2 barry 795
Immigration debate grows from Web roots -- Arts... (Jun '08) Nov 21 chisaicoi 2,494
More from around the web