'Same-sex couples should be able to get married': Obama changes his mind on gay unions

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Mail

President Barack Obama voiced support for gay marriage in an interview with ABC News today, the third time he has changed his stance on the issue in his political career.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Thank you, Mr. President. Not only is this the right thing to do, it has the added benefit of infuriating the bigots and sending Daniel/Frank/FaFoxy et al into probable cardiac arrest. Bravo!
Smallwood

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

What nonsense! Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!

No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.

The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.

No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.

Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.

“Faith based onHebrew mythology”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GoldenGator wrote:
Thank you, Mr. President. Not only is this the right thing to do, it has the added benefit of infuriating the bigots and sending Daniel/Frank/FaFoxy et al into probable cardiac arrest. Bravo!
You forgot to include Will or whatever his nom du jour is -- and right on queue he crawls out of his hole in Illinois and has the usual verbal diarrhea on a subject he knows nothing about.
Bob

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Smallwood wrote:
What nonsense! Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
Smallwood? Sorry to hear that.
elybear

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where do you get your information on how gays live?

I know of many monogamous gay relationships that have outlasted most straight marriages.

The US has the highest divorce rate in the world ( http://www.nationmaster.com ), so obviously it's not held too "sacred" to the straight population.

And there are plenty of straight marriages that don't result in children (should they not be allowed to marry?)

By the way, I was raised by a single parent,'m a college graduate, and feel I have a pretty successful life so far!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I commend President Obama for coming back to what he always believed in....Full Marriage Equality for Same-Sex Couples and he stated this viewpoint back in an interview in the WindyCity Times in 1996:-)

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Remember, this witness was testifying against marriage equality:

“Gay marriage would be a victory for the worthy ideas of tolerance and inclusion. It would likely decrease the number of those in society who tend to be viewed warily as ‘other’ and increase the number who are accepted as part of ‘us.’ In that respect, gay marriage would be a victory for, and another key expansion of, the American idea.”(anti-marriage equality director of the Institute for American Values David Blankenhorn, one of the few witnesses who testified in favor of Prop 8)

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RnL2008 wrote:
I commend President Obama for coming back to what he always believed in....Full Marriage Equality for Same-Sex Couples and he stated this viewpoint back in an interview in the WindyCity Times in 1996:-)
And he has always said he supported full equal legal rights of marriage. He just was willing to call them "civil unions" for a while.

Those opposed to marriage equality have often use that to claim Obama was against equal rights for gay people, which has never been true. But it is nice to have the leader of the country publicly state gay people should be treated equally under the law.
you bet

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

they should be able to steal half of each other assets too as they break up, divorce or whatever they'll call it, monogomy is not a strong suit in this populace. At least since they can't procreate without some kind of surrogate, not too many kids will be affected by their divorces.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
And he has always said he supported full equal legal rights of marriage. He just was willing to call them "civil unions" for a while.
Those opposed to marriage equality have often use that to claim Obama was against equal rights for gay people, which has never been true. But it is nice to have the leader of the country publicly state gay people should be treated equally under the law.
Yes, it is......now, it's time to make sure he's reelected.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

you bet wrote:
they should be able to steal half of each other assets too as they break up, divorce or whatever they'll call it, monogomy is not a strong suit in this populace. At least since they can't procreate without some kind of surrogate, not too many kids will be affected by their divorces.
Is that what you refer to it, AS STEALING....when you get divorced in an opposite-sex marriage?

Gay and Lesbian couples have children just like any other couple do......especially those poor infertile/sterile heterosexual couples!!!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you refer to it, AS STEALING....when you get divorced in an opposite-sex marriage?
Gay and Lesbian couples have children just like any other couple do......especially those poor infertile/sterile heterosexual couples!!!
.
ok einstien, 2 dudes get 'married' an wanna have a kid, which of the 2 dudes supplies the egg (not from the fridge)? Yhey will NEVER have natural kids until cloning comes of age and still that is just 1 participants dna. Now if one partner is opposite sex transgendered. Then no matter what they call it, that's a male-female marriage, just confused, and they can have a kid, will just be one confused tot.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i hope the president will support me too. i was born to love multiple wives. surely he will not discriminate against me and the old ladies???

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
ok einstien, 2 dudes get 'married' an wanna have a kid, which of the 2 dudes supplies the egg (not from the fridge)? Yhey will NEVER have natural kids until cloning comes of age and still that is just 1 participants dna. Now if one partner is opposite sex transgendered. Then no matter what they call it, that's a male-female marriage, just confused, and they can have a kid, will just be one confused tot.
Hey Dumbazz......if a woman is infertile, therefore having NO EGGS, where does she get the egg to be planted in her womb? Duh, from a donor!!!

You are aware that they can turn Stem Cells into sperm, right? In other words, especially with regards to a Lesbian couple......one could provide the egg and womb, the other Lesbian could provide the Stem Cells from her bone marrow to fertilize the egg and GUESS WHAT, you have DNA from both parents....NO MAN REQUIRED!!!
okay okay

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

2 gay muzlim dudes get married, which one has to wear the burka ?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GoodNewz wrote:
i hope the president will support me too. i was born to love multiple wives. surely he will not discriminate against me and the old ladies???
Fight to decriminalize polygamy and I'll support your fight.......hey, if ya foolish enough to want more than one wife....then you should be able to!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 9, 2012
 
okay okay wrote:
2 gay muzlim dudes get married, which one has to wear the burka ?
Boy, aren't you the smart one? NOT!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 9, 2012
 
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
ok einstien, 2 dudes get 'married' an wanna have a kid, which of the 2 dudes supplies the egg (not from the fridge)? Yhey will NEVER have natural kids until cloning comes of age and still that is just 1 participants dna. Now if one partner is opposite sex transgendered. Then no matter what they call it, that's a male-female marriage, just confused, and they can have a kid, will just be one confused tot.
You seem to be forgetting, about half of the gay population are women. Most any woman can find a willing donor on any Friday or Saturday night, even if it requires waiting till closing. Many other options exist as well, including using the sperm of a relative of the other partner, so both will be biologically related to the child. Men need to find a surrogate, or rely on adoption, as do many straight couples, though they can also use genetic material from both sides of the family.

How the sperm and egg came together has noting to do with the fact many gay couples are raising children who can be expected to do just as well as any other children. They should be treated equally under the law no matter how they were conceived. You provide no legitimate governmental interest in harming them through denial of equal rights.

"The Turkey Baster Method is the most common way of artificial insemination to get pregnant and have an artificial insemination at home.
The advantage to this method is that you don't need any fitted equipment!
The success rate is the same as with intercourse, perhaps a bit less because there are usually fewer opportunities for insemination and timing may not cover the bases as well." http://www.babymed.com/home-artificial-insemi...
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Smallwood wrote:
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
Sacred is not what we base civil laws on, Generalissimo Franco.

Some same sex marriage won't hurt your or anyone else's marriage. Your philandering took care of that on its own.

You're a sexually sick trifle now.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 10, 2012
 
okay okay wrote:
2 gay muzlim dudes get married, which one has to wear the burka ?
Same question people ask about the sacred underwear worn by Mormons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••