Missouri state rep releases scathing statement on Pinkel's Paterno comments

Jul 19, 2012 Full story: The Kansas City Star

Missouri state representative Sara Lampe, a Springfield Democrat who is running for lieutenant governor, criticized Missouri coach Gary Pinkel’s comments about the Penn State scandal in a strongly worded statement Thursday.Pinkel told reporters Tuesday at SEC Media Days that he counted former Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who died in ... (more)

Full Story
Tom

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jul 20, 2012
.. and just remember, Hitler pulled Germany out of a depression ahead of the rest of the world and gave the German people a sense of pride again. What a good guy!
Keno

Lenexa, KS

#2 Jul 20, 2012
...and Sara Lampe is like Hiter how? Or is that Pinkel? Not sure how this relates to the destuction of Europe by a Fascist dictator. Take your time.

United States

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Let's not forget that Paterno wasn't the one who was molesting the boys. No doubt he made a serious error by colluding with others to cover up the atrocity, but that doesn't negate the body of work he accomplished over his entire life.

Coach Pinkle is right, and Democrat Lampe is out to lunch, as she usually is. Lampe should worry about cutting government spending and helping to spur economic growth rather than election year grandstanding on an issue that doesn't affect her constituents.

Here's a word of advice Lampe, pack early. You'll be moving back to Missouri soon.
Keno

Lenexa, KS

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Well put.
Tom

Kansas City, MO

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Ok, for those too simple to get it. This is about trying to admire Paterno for only the good things. Now I know that Paterno ddn't despoil Europe Ok? I'm just saying, now pay attention, that if you choose to ignore the evil that a man does, he looks pretty good. Paterno didn't molest kids but he did protect the school at the expense of children. Pinkel says that he prefers to remmber Paterno only for the good times. I'm just saying that there are things that Hitler did that benefitted Germany. Do you think that this makes him a good guy? I don't. You should balance the good against the bad, not ignore the bad. There, simple enough for you yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Missouri State Audit... Mon Topix Polls 0
child support corrupt in mo? (Dec '08) Oct 19 tired of the corr... 528
Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Oct 17 lindab 6,939
26 arrested in undercover drug investigation in... Oct 17 smoke some more 6
This Is What It's Like To Be An Unarmed Black M... Oct 16 James 17
Dozens arrested on 'Moral Monday' Oct 15 Stop Pig Brutality 11
Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) Oct 15 Stop Pig Brutality 18,911

Missouri People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE