Nuciforo Preps For Congressional Race

Jan 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IBerkshires

PITTSFIELD, Mass. - This is the year that Western Massachusetts turns the status quo on it's head, U.S. Senate hopeful Andrea Nuciforo told a captivated audience at Zucchinis' restaurant Wednesday night during one of his early campaign fundraisers.

Comments
1 - 20 of 206 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2012
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

I believe Andrea Nuciforo is corrupt. Nuciforo is a shill for Boston area big banks and insurance companies. As a State Senator, Nuciforo raised many thousands of dollars from financial institutions, while also serving as a corporate Attorney for a private Boston law firm named "Berman & Dowell" whereby Nuciforo represented insurance companies against claimants. In 2006, Nuciforo strong-armed 2 women candidates out of a state government election to anoint himself to a sinecure at the Pittsfield Registry of Deeds office. The 2 women's names are Sara Hathaway and Sharon Henault. Nuciforo is a mean-spirited and vindictive little man. I hope Richard Neal wins re-election in 2012.

- Jonathan Melle
Stratton

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Nuciforo couldn't get elected to the district before Springfield was added to it. Now he has a less than zero chance of toppling Neal since he has no base of support in Springfield. I don't care for Neal but his seat is safe.
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Judged:

Nuciforo voted against the all-felon DNA database in 2003. Nuciforo voted against adding crimes such as druging with the intentent to rape, assault and battery on a child to cause bodily harm, all drug felonies, and all gun felonies. Nuciforo is a felon protector!

- Jonathan Melle
Sarah C

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Judged:

Jonathan Melle wrote:
I believe Andrea Nuciforo is corrupt. Nuciforo is a shill for Boston area big banks and insurance companies. As a State Senator, Nuciforo raised many thousands of dollars from financial institutions, while also serving as a corporate Attorney for a private Boston law firm named "Berman & Dowell" whereby Nuciforo represented insurance companies against claimants. In 2006, Nuciforo strong-armed 2 women candidates out of a state government election to anoint himself to a sinecure at the Pittsfield Registry of Deeds office. The 2 women's names are Sara Hathaway and Sharon Henault. Nuciforo is a mean-spirited and vindictive little man. I hope Richard Neal wins re-election in 2012.
- Jonathan Melle
You need mental health care Jon. Vote for Mitt. Let it go or move back to Pittsfield. Taxxachusetts has run amok. We await your arrival. We do not want you anywhere near here for the rest of your life. Do you understand?
Someday

Waterford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Judged:

Andrea has a better chance at winning the lottery.This all comes down to simple math,Sprinfield area is larger than the Berkshires.Sorry Anrea you lose.
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

I dislike Andrea "Luciforo"! Nuciforo is a mean-spirited and vindictive little man. Nuciforo tried to jail me in the Spring of 1998 after trying to get my dad fired from his job by filing "ethics" complaints against him. Nuciforo abuses his power. Nuciforo is corrupt! Nuciforo raised many thousand of special interest dollars from Boston area big banks and insurance companies when he was a state Senator. I hope Congressman Richard Neal defeats "Luciforo" in 2012.
Corruption

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

This race could be called the Insurance Primary with Neal (D-Mass Mutual) facing Nuciforo (D-Commerce/Liberty Mutual/Arbella). Both of these guys are corporate Dems. When Andy chaired the Financial Services Committee in 2006 he reported $137,000 in campaign cash from insurance, mortgage bankers and credit unions at a time when Mass. had the worst-in-the-nation auto insurance system that cried out for reform.

The banks and their PACs lavished money on Andy when he was Senate chair of the Committee on Banks and Banking and now Andy says that "my views are very compatible with those that are unhappy with that corporate domination." C'mon man!

And no discussion of campaign finances would be complete without remembering Andy's vote to gut and kill the Clean Elections law in February 2002.

When Andy was on the conference committee for the Romney health care bill their first act was to meet in private. Yeah, OWS folks are gonna love that track record of openness and accountability.

How about the bills Andy filed that he COULD NOT get passed. Like the one to prohibit banks from charging usage fees at ATMs. Or expanding the Bottle Bill to cover waters, juices, sports drinks. So much for the legislative effectiveness argument pal.

Since the filing deadline is not until May, one can hope that another candidate or candidates will pull papers for this seat. Where are the women?

Source: iBerkshires comment.
We Have Hope

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Sara C, you are a very smart person and we do not have anything to worry about as Mr Melle has moved away as he has prob done something real bad... he has nothing good to say about any person with any sort of authority. We need to wonder what he has to hide... Does he have a secret attraction to these folks... If he was serious he would move back, run for office, and straighten out the world. But no he stays up in New Hampshire and raises and breeds sheep... He likes to be called Dadddddddddd and stayes in his closet....Good for our kids oops thats goats, they are safe they have horns.......
Dirty Elections

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Please. Nuciforo helped overturn the Massachusetts Clean Elections law that would have reduced the power of corporate money and the lobbyists who were big contributors to Andy's campaigns for state senate. Public financing is the best way to tackle the problem of corporate money, and Andy failed when given the chance to make it happen. The idea that Occupy Wall Street would support his kind of politics is pretty darn funny.

Source: iBerkshires comment
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

When will candidates be questioned of 9-11? Immortal Technique Cause Of Death Lyrics - YouTube
Jan 3, 2007 ... License: Standard YouTube License. 12048 likes, 249 dislikes; Artist: Immortal Technique; Buy: Buy "The Cause Of Death" on: Android Market,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...- 121k -
Shorty

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Without shoes and stackers, Nuciforo is only 4 feet tall.
He should run for Mayor of Munchkin City!
Nuciforo corruption

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Re: "Nuciforo’s perjury, fraud and conflicts of interest"

The following facts explain the illegal and unethical business activities of former state Senator Andrea F. Nuciforo II:

Fact: Nuciforo was one of five corporate Attorneys for a Boston Law Firm named "Berman & Dowell" for nearly 8 years.

Fact: Nuciforo committed conflict of interest violations by both sitting as the Chairman of the Committee on Banks and Banking in the Massachusetts State Senate and serving as a corporate Attorney for “Berman and Dowell” in Boston.

Conclusion: Nuciforo is corrupt. Nuciforo never explained to the People his position as a corporate Attorney for “Berman and Dowell” in Boston. Nuciforo is BOUGHT AND PAID FOR by the Boston special interests! Especially, big bank and insurance companies, and their lobbyists.

DATA:

ANDREA F. NUCIFORO, JR., of Counsel for "Berman & Dowell" Law Firm from January 1999 — September 2006 (7 years 9 months)--
Practice Areas: Professional Liability Defense; Commercial Litigation; Banking Law; Insurance Coverage; Insurance Defense.

Massachusetts State Senator from 1997 — 2006; Chairman, Committee on Banks and Banking, Massachusetts State Senate, Berkshire, Hampshire and Franklin District.

- By Jonathan Melle
Insurance Money

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Nuciforo's (Luciforo's) top five donors
These are the top five companies that had employees contributing to state Sen. Andrea F. Nuciforo Jr.'s campaign in 2005:
1. Commerce Insurance Co.—$9,000
2. Liberty Mutual —$6,800
3. Nation One Mortgage —$5,350
4. Arbella Insurance Group —$2,400
5. Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas LLP —$1,775
- Jonathan Melle
Stand Strong

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

12/6/2008

Andrea F Nuciforo II ("Luciforo") is one of the most CORRUPT state Pols EVER! When "Luciforo" was a Massachusetts State Senator, he chaired financial committees that regulated the same financial industries he was also working for as a private Attorney for a corporate law firm on Commercial Street in Boston. When the "ethics" commission forced "Luciforo" to step down from his State Senator post, he strong armed 2 woman candidates out of the Massachusetts Election for Middle Berkshire Register of Deeds, which The Boston Globe called his SINECURE. Weeks after taking that plum post, "Luciforo" lobbied State House Insiders to have Gov. Deval Patrick nominate him to the position of Massachusetts Commissioner of Insurance, which he was past over for. "Luciforo" is like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black by criticizing the federal bailouts, while he has raised over 6 figures in one year in campaign dollars from special interest Boston area financial institutions. "Luciforo" wants to run for US Congress so he can do the bidding of the same financial companies he is writing against in Pittsfield & Boston. I personally dislike "Luciforo" because he tried to jail me while at the same time filing multiple "ethics" complaints against my dad to ruin his career and our lives in the Spring of 1998. "Luciforo" has layered his bullying of me since May 1996, manipulated my life and family, and blacklisted me from being able to work in or around the Pittsfield area. "Luciforo" is the kind of politician who believes so long as he doesn't leave his finger prints or evidence behind, he can get away with his abuses of power. I strongly dislike ANDREA F NUCIFORO II!

- Jonathan Melle
A Boston Herald Editorial

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

The following editorial appeared on p. 22 of the Boston Herald:

Those felon protectors-Sen. Robert Creedon, Jr.(D-Brockton), Sen. Cynthia Creem (D-Newton) and Sen Andrea Nuciforo (D-Pittsfield)- out to be ashamed of themselves.

A bill to require DNA samples from all felons was on a fast track, backed by John and Magdalen Bish, until 3 senators tried to weaken it.

Creedon's alternative, adding 31 specified crimes to felonies already covered by the database, falls far short by excluding more than 150 crimes, including all drug and gun felonies.

In Virginia, 10 felons previously convicted of forgery were subsequently tied to violent crimes by DNA matches. The all-felon database works. The 3 senators should withdraw their amendment and the entire body out to approve the bill in Molly Bish's name.

-Boston Herald, Tuesday, June 17, 2003.
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

My stand against State Senator Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr.’s inhumane stand against the All Felon DNA Database…

Three years ago on June 27, 2000, Molly Bish, then 16, was reported missing from her lifeguard post in Warren. She was recently positively identified as a murder victim. Unfortunately, her murderer was not found. John and Magdalen Bish, Molly Bish's parents, showed true courage when they went to the Statehouse this month to lobby for a bill to require DNA samples from all felons so that the Commonwealth would have the capacity to apprehend such violent criminals. All but three state Senators listened to the Bish family's case for a DNA database. The three state Senators who opposed the DNA database are state Senators Robert Creedon Jr., D-Brockton, Cynthia Creem, D-Newton, and Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr., D-Pittsfield.

I oppose state Senator Nuciforo's cold and pitiless position against a[n all Felon] DNA database. Senator Nuciforo argued that the [all Felon] DNA database would violate the civil liberties of nonviolent criminals. However, Senator Nuciforo supported omitting the following felonies, including, but not limited to, drugging with the intent to rape, assault and battery on a child with bodily injury, and all drug and gun felonies.

This is the delegate that Berkshire County has sent to Beacon Hill since the 1996 election. A politician so removed from everyday life that he would classify child abuse and other felonies as "nonviolent" crimes under the false pretenses of protecting the civil liberties of "nonviolent" felons. It is time that we organize and oppose legislators like Senator Nuciforo so that we can protect our youth in Molly Bish's name.

Note: This bill was signed into law last year by Gov. Romney and only opposed by Nuciforo in the final state Senate vote.

-Jonathan A. Melle

Note: Originally sent in late-June, 2003.

~The author is a fomer-Lifelong resident of Berkshire County, MA. AND, Nuciforo tried to have the author arrested by the Pittsfield Police Department in the Spring of 1998. Nuciforo falsely told the Pittsfield Police Department that I was threatening him. Nuciforo violated my civil liberties! There is more about this corrupt leader's actions against me in another blog heading within this blog web site.~
flobaeker

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

agree
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Vote for Richard Neal for U.S. Congress in 2012! Defeat "Luciforo"!
Economic Development

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Andrea F. Nuciforo, Jr. was Berkshire County's Massachusetts State Senator from January 1997 through January 2007 -- for 10 consecutive years or one decade. At the end of his political tenure "respresenting" Berkshire County, the following is his terrible public record on Economic Development.

NEWS ARTICLE

"Bump looks to address job losses in Berkshires"
2/19/2007
By: Karen Honikel
(Capital News 9 out of Albany, NY covering the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts)

Governor Deval Patrick's new Executive Director of Workforce Development isn't wasting any time getting down to business.

Former State Representative Suzanne Bump is working to introduce herself to the local business communities and let them know she will make sure the Berkshires are not forgotten on Beacon Hill. She says a major concern right now is addressing the loss of jobs in the Berkshires.

Currently the Berkshires have the highest rate of job loss in Massachusetts. Bump says this can be changed with the right policies in place. She says she will be meeting with the Governor once a week to work on bringing skilled workers and higher paying jobs into the area.

Bump says a key part to local job growth and development will be finding a way to keep the younger workers in the Berkshires.
Reality Luciforo

Amherst, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

The following are just some of many issues where Nuciforo is a power-hungry, vindictive and mean-spirited politician:(a) In the Spring of 1998, Nuciforo set up secret plans with the Pittsfield Police Department to try to have me arrested if I stopped by his Pittsfield District Office,(b) Nuciforo tried to ruin both my dad’s 31-year career as a probation officer and also his brief position as a County Commissioner, during the same time period as when he tried to put me in jail, in the same secretive manner,(c) Nuciforo mean-mugged me by getting in my face while two family members had to step in front of me to ward him off during the 1997 North Adams Fall Foliage Parade,(d) Nuciforo has given me many very mean looks for speaking out against his corruption as a State Senator,(e) Nuciforo has political henchmen who have either directly or indirectly harassed me for speaking out against his corruption as a State Senator, which includes former Sheriff Carmen C. Massimiano, Jr. Career politicians and bureaucrats do Nuciforo’s dirty work in order to keep him in office,(f) Nuciforo served as a private corporate Attorney for a private Boston Law Firm representing big financial companies, especially big banks and insurance companies, while at the same time he set public policies for these companies as Senate Chairman of the Finance Committee regulating these corporate entities,(g) Nuciforo collected well over $100,000 in campaign contributions from these big insurance and other financial companies in one-year,(h) Nuciforo is poised to run for U.S. Congress very soon with all of his political corruption.

- Jonathan Melle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••